PDA

View Full Version : Media Inside Easter Road 1999/2000

(((Fergus)))
26-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Found this on the North American Hibs forum:

13 x 10-minute videos on life inside Easter Road with Yogi, Russell, Franck Sauzee, Paul Hartley, Kenny Miller, etc., etc. plus cameo appearances by Tam McCourt, the old West Stand and Garry O'Connor getting all excited about a hundred pound.

I think you can view them as a playlist from here:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B89F68F660195C89&search_query=inside+easter+road

Davy Mac
26-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Found this on the North American Hibs forum:

13 x 10-minute videos on life inside Easter Road with Yogi, Russell, Franck Sauzee, Paul Hartley, Kenny Miller, etc., etc. plus cameo appearances by Tam McCourt, the old West Stand and Garry O'Connor getting all excited about a hundred pound.

I think you can view them as a playlist from here:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B89F68F660195C89&search_query=inside+easter+road

Thanks Fergus, that was good.:thumbsup:

Loved a young Gary O'Connor's quote about getting £100 tip from wee Russell at xmas for cleaning his boots......:greengrin

Allant1981
26-09-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm sure i have this on video, looks familiar, dotn think GOC will be that bothered about £100 now. Shows how good the new main stand is now compared to the old one, what a dump inside

HibeeUnderwood
26-09-2009, 09:45 PM
I do have this video, quite good! :agree: :thumbsup:

Good to hear the opinions of Yogi and some others!

SMAXXA
26-09-2009, 10:23 PM
I only came on to see what the chat was after todays game and came across this thread and just lost about 2 hours of my nite watching it (Mind the missus aint as happy about it), might just be the beers but watching that gives me a lump in ma throat and cant help but think it would be sumit to sit the any Hibs player down and watch that, quality!!!!:thumbsup:

Sprouleflyer
27-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Gary O'Connors hair cut :faf::faf:

Iggy Pope
27-09-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm sure i have this on video, looks familiar, dotn think GOC will be that bothered about £100 now. Shows how good the new main stand is now compared to the old one, what a dump inside

Was it not Stuart Lovell behind the camera?

Seem to recall a shot of a young Kenny Miller bolting away from the clutches of Yogi in a corridor.....

dp00
27-09-2009, 12:10 PM
anyone who doubted hughes passion for our club needs towatch those videos :thumbsup:

Allant1981
27-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Was it not Stuart Lovell behind the camera?

Seem to recall a shot of a young Kenny Miller bolting away from the clutches of Yogi in a corridor.....

He done a lot of the camera work in the stadium, he made a good point about fans getting on the back of players and that it gets to some players and fans need to realise what its like out there playing

225-EasterRd
27-09-2009, 01:27 PM
just watched all 13 parts takes you back some bad haircuts lol
some great games.:top marks:thumbsup:

Hibby D
27-09-2009, 01:36 PM
At the end of Part 7 Yogi talks about the gaffer giving individual players a 'heads up', before he reveals the team, that they won't be part of the squad that day.

Yogi refers to it as "the big curly finger" - :hilarious

Fabulous entertainment and you can see that even then Yogi very much had a "team" mentality to his game.

Hibby D
27-09-2009, 02:02 PM
One more thing....for those of you who don't have time to watch it all, make time to watch episodes 8 & 9.

A must as derby day approaches :wink:

NaeTechnoHibby
27-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Superb viewing all that again, thank you so much :thumbsup:

Not long after it was released I cannae remember the amount of people who came up to me to tell me that we were oan it :agree:

Number 12 in the series, last game doon the slope :thumbsup:

ArabHibee will also recognise that Claire and Maurice were also there, behind us :agree:

NaeTechnoHibby
27-09-2009, 04:54 PM
One more thing....for those of you who don't have time to watch it all, make time to watch episodes 8 & 9.

A must as derby day approaches :wink:

They were wonderful viewing :thumbsup:

Franck lost his teeth in the 3-1 game :agree:

Absolutely brilliant man and Yogi was a total madman :faf:

That Aberdeen semi was a really hard defeat :boo hoo:

Shaggy
27-09-2009, 05:53 PM
brilliant viewing.
Amazing how quick 10 years have gone.
Would like another sequel when yogi brings the hoo-do cup home......

Oscar Lomax
27-09-2009, 06:02 PM
is this still available on video or dvd? brilliant insight.....Hughes is wonderfull and watching this makes me realise we should all get behind him.....he is a hibee and a hibee we love....I must admit I was reduced to tears after the millenium derby ( the most important derby in the world)

NaeTechnoHibby
27-09-2009, 06:20 PM
is this still available on video or dvd? brilliant insight.....Hughes is wonderfull and watching this makes me realise we should all get behind him.....he is a hibee and a hibee we love....I must admit I was reduced to tears after the millenium derby ( the most important derby in the world)

I wanted that video a season later, and it wasnae for sale in the Club shop, so who knows who hold the rights to this to get it re-issued :agree:

heidtheba
27-09-2009, 06:37 PM
I must admit I suffered from serious snobbery in terms of Yogi's accent and speech and it was someone on here who pointed out that he may not have an educated accent but what he says is good and these video clips are proof positive on that score :agree:. He comes across as a consumate professional and it would have been a wonder if he didnt become our boss.

A good lesson which I hope I've learned from.

PS re the wee guy who mentiones that each time Tam M scored he got a tip...do you think they drew straws at Tynie for Nade... Don't imagine his boot cleaner is doing too well...

'Mon the Hibs
27-09-2009, 06:38 PM
They were wonderful viewing :thumbsup:

Franck lost his teeth in the 3-1 game :agree:

Absolutely brilliant man and Yogi was a total madman :faf:

That Aberdeen semi was a really hard defeat :boo hoo:

That Aberdeen game was worse than the 4-0 yams game. We should have won that. Aberdeen were bottom and were effectively relegated, but stayed up due to SPL expansion and other teams in 1st not haveing good enough stadia IIRC.

That was my first trip to Hampden i think??

All 'if's & but's', but, if we had won that, we would have won the cup :agree::boo hoo:

One of the best hibs vids/dvd's there's been. Would be good to get another inside now.

Also, what was the reason for Hibs not renewing Yogi's contract?:confused:

What a 'very witty' bunch of players we had :greengrin :hilarious:

'Mon the Hibs
27-09-2009, 06:41 PM
I must admit I suffered from serious snobbery in terms of Yogi's accent and speech and it was someone on here who pointed out that he may not have an educated accent but what he says is good and these video clips are proof positive on that score :agree:. He comes across as a consumate professional and it would have been a wonder if he didnt become our boss.

A good lesson which I hope I've learned from.

PS re the wee guy who mentiones that each time Tam M scored he got a tip...do you think they drew straws at Tynie for Nade... Don't imagine his boot cleaner is doing too well...

There must have been a few boot cleaners at Tynie not having a lot of cleaning to do, what with mysterious Vlad-Flu, etc. Kingstons' boot cleaner must have it pretty easy right now :tee hee:

zlatan
27-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Nice to see that Stuart Lovell is definitely not the type to bear a grudge.

haha, McManus taking his top off after scoring in a reserve match.

FRes Hibbie
27-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Nice to see that Stuart Lovell is definitely not the type to bear a grudge.

haha, McManus taking his top off after scoring in a reserve match.

:tee hee:

JoeTortolanoFanClub
27-09-2009, 07:10 PM
What a great video. Definitely deserves a reissue on DVD. :thumbsup:

zlatan
27-09-2009, 07:16 PM
The golfing bit :hilarious

Every time Dirk Lehmann is on screen it's brilliant.

NaeTechnoHibby
27-09-2009, 07:28 PM
The golfing bit :hilarious

Every time Dirk Lehmann is on screen it's brilliant.

Ditto, Franck and Yogi :agree:

FWIW I think that Stuart Lovell had an enormous affection for Hibs at that time too :agree: along with Latapy, Brebs (obviously) and a faie few others that have been well maligned oan here :agree:

It shows what this club can generate :agree:

Sammy7nil
27-09-2009, 07:31 PM
anyone who doubted hughes passion for our club needs towatch those videos :thumbsup:

My thoughts exactly
If anything it means too much to him sounds daft but I bet every defeat wil weigh heavy on him.

" I live in Leith I will always live in Leith and years from now people will see me in the street and say there's John Hughes he used to be Hibs Captain. Thats enough for me brilliant. "

maybe passed his best when he played for us but what a passionate Hibby.
:top marks

greenlex
27-09-2009, 08:00 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

james-h
27-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Great memories, im on it after we score against aberdeen on part 12 , absolutly class i was 10!!!!

Cabbage1875
27-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Absolutely magic programme that, welling up from start to finish :faf:

Yogi's passion for Hibs is there for all to see and I personally am delighted that he is in charge of our team.

Also, it looked like a proper laugh playing for that team did it not, great bunch by the looks. :top marks

And to see them training at the likes of the Jewel and Esk to the facilities we have now just shows how far we have come as a club in the past 10 years.

NaeTechnoHibby
27-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Absolutely magic programme that, welling up from start to finish :faf:

Yogi's passion for Hibs is there for all to see and I personally am delighted that he is in charge of our team.

Also, it looked like a proper laugh playing for that team did it not, great bunch by the looks. :top marks

And to see them training at the likes of the Jewel and Esk to the facilities we have now just shows how far we have come as a club in the past 10 years.

Exactly, following 'the gaffer' to training :bitchy:

We have come a long way :agree:

Would love to see Franck and Russel back, at our games :thumbsup:

Speedway
28-09-2009, 09:22 AM
I wanted that video a season later, and it wasnae for sale in the Club shop, so who knows who hold the rights to this to get it re-issued :agree:

IIRC this was released by 'HibsVideo' who brought out 'Turnbull's Tornadoes', '7-0', 'European Nights' and possibly other Hibs titles.

This 'Inside Easter Road' was sold in two versions. One was a green cover 60-ish minutes version and the other was a 2 hour epic bonanza with a purple cover.

70hibby
28-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Excellent!

In Part 2, the pen by Russell... Im sure thats the one they used in the BT ad with ET ?

bawheid
28-09-2009, 10:00 AM
In Part 2, the pen by Russell... Im sure thats the one they used in the BT ad with ET ?

Oh no!!

I'm signing off for two weeks while the debate continues...

jakedance
28-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Brilliant stuff. I can't believe I'd never heard of this before.

Its great to see how far we've come. From the old west stand and training on public parks to where we are today is a credit to the people running the club.

A great team and a great bunch of characters. I love the bit with Latapy talking about Brechin.

I hope the club do a new behind the scenes soon. It would be interesting to compare the two.

HibeePaj
28-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Great watching the players talking about Yogi,,

can anyone see Hogg being half as motivational???

Paget

Bob1875
28-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Check the cars they are all in? heaps o *****!

Does anyone know if "boot duties" are carried out at clubs?

southfieldshibby
28-09-2009, 09:55 PM
what a great way to spend an hour and a half.

you can take the boy away from easter road..........:thumbsup:

heretoday
29-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Three future Hibs managers in one dressing room!

I'd feel better if that team had actually won a trophy or two but it's very interesting viewing - apart from the constant ambient music which was an increasing feature of the TV of the 90s and now seems to be mandatory.