PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen's Cup Capitulation Continues!

sambajustice
23-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Has there been a team in the top 2 divisions in the last 15-20 seasons thats lost to lower league opposition more than Aberdeen?

Off the top of my head i can think of,

Dundee
Queens Park
Queen of the South
HIBERNIAN
Stenhousemuir
Dunfermline

Iggy Pope
23-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Has there been a team in the top 2 divisions in the last 15-20 seasons thats lost to lower league opposition more than Aberdeen?

Off the top of my head i can think of,

Dundee
Queens Park
Queen of the South
HIBERNIAN
Stenhousemuir
Dunfermline

Hate myself for this but does this lot have a common denominator over the past (less than) 20 years?

Morton
Stirling Albion
Dunfermline
Raith Rovers
Ayr United

Jim44
23-09-2009, 07:28 PM
People in glass houses............................:bitchy:

hibee62
23-09-2009, 07:35 PM
People in glass houses............................:bitchy:

I thought we didn't have that bad a record against lower league teams. Since Stirling Albion in 1997(?) we only lost twice i think (Ayr and Morton?) which is better than Aberdeen's record for sure (as above), probably Hearts (Airdrie last year, ICT before they came up?) and maybe even Celtic (ICT and Clyde).

I'd wager we've perhaps got one of the better records against lower league teams?

sambajustice
23-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Would be interesting to see what the stats are for the top flight teams since, say, 1990.

Anyone care to trail through all the tp flight teams since 1990 and see what teams have been papped out by lower league opposition?

Probably not! :greengrin:faf:

number 27
24-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Until now I had completely forgotten about that Ayr game. In a strange way that has cheered me up because it shows you can get past just about anything.

At the time I probably thought that was the worst game of all time and that I was scarred for life.

heretoday
24-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Sad how the status of Scottish football has sunk. Aberdeen and Dundee United used to be real contenders - not to mention ourselves.

Nurse! The blue pills.....

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-09-2009, 02:47 PM
I see that spherical has-been Joe Harper has been sounding off about what the Aberdeen board and players are currently doing that is wrong. I think that you need to qualify these comments by assessing what players like Harper have done in football after their playing days were over. Jocky Scott more or less said that that it was Mark McEgos comments about Dundee not being at Aberdeen's level that spurred his team on. If I was a first team player at Pittodire right now, I would want to know what the manager was playing at. Second rate Sir Alex would be my guess.:agree: