PDA

View Full Version : The worst 3-0 win ever?

goosano
19-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Just in-that was murder. Thank goodness for some quality finishing

Saints had 2 or 3 times the chances and somehow contrived not to score. I think we won about 5% of headers all game. The midget midfield got outplayed and overran. McCormack and Hanlon looked vulnerable

Pluses were an assured performance from Wotherspoon 3 quality strikes and a cameo from Galbraith-he looks pacy and a great prospect

Never felt so embarrassed to come away with a 3-0 win

I predict a hard night on Tuesday

Judas Iscariot
19-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Eh wait the noo..

We scored 3 and they failed to score, aye?

They did have some chances yes, but who else in the league have strikers in the same class as ours?!

That's the difference!!

I'm happy with today, Yogi is still finding his best team..

Lets save the moaning for when we get beat 3-0 at home, maybe aye?

sh00byd00
19-09-2009, 04:57 PM
not slating you, mate but I'm sure rangers would have taken an ugly 1-0 victory today because come the end of May, it doesn't matter a jot. i'd rather take a scrappy 3-0 than watching us lose 1-0 whilst playing pretty fitba.

Points mean prizes and all that ****

sleeping giant
19-09-2009, 04:58 PM
A win is a win but we were rank rotten in the first 20 mins.
Still , ill take 3-0 anyday:agree:

lEXO
19-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Eh wait the noo..

They did have some chances yes, but who else in the league have strikers in the same class as ours?!

That's the difference!!

Totally agree.Never unhappy at winning 3-0,regardless of the performance.

surreyhibbie
19-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Looked good from here! :thumbsup:

Appreciate what you are saying guys, but we have the points on the board and have time to get the defence sorted out.

YehButNoBut
19-09-2009, 05:02 PM
We must be the only fans that would complain about a 3-0 win. :rolleyes:

mickeythehibbee
19-09-2009, 05:03 PM

This. Apart from the first twenty minutes, after stokes got his first i thought we were fairly in control and they really weren't that threatening.

They applied a bit of pressure towards the end but really didn't create too many completely open chances.

Overall i'm coming away quite happy with that game! :agree:

joe breezy
19-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Could be an interesting season as sounds like Rangers and Celtic aren't really performing. It's points that count and sounds like Hibs need to get the midfield and defence sorted but great that Stokes has found the back of the net

Hibercelona
19-09-2009, 05:04 PM

3-0!

No Hibs class! :grr:

:duck:

jakedance
19-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Eh wait the noo..

That's the difference!!

Spot on. Quality counts.

Hibby Cam
19-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Agree with both sides on this post, but i suppose a wins a win, we have lost these games in the past playing better

Sas_The_Hibby
19-09-2009, 05:15 PM
I think the point Goosano was making was that the 3-0 win flattered us and that we've got more than a few problems to deal with. And I agree.

Of course I'd rather we played poorly and won than played poorly and lost but we need to 'up the ante' if we're going to stay toward the top of the league.

Also agree it's early days: I think the midfield will improve and our strikers will get us more than a few goals but I fear for our defence. Having said that, I thought Bamba and Murray had some very good moments. However, we were 'all at sea' too often when crosses came in. Still need another decent central defender.

mentalhibee
19-09-2009, 05:16 PM
3 great goals and a clean sheet, i'll take that every week!

ancient hibee
19-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Saints must be scratching their heads on the way back.(Except they will probably miss).

lEXO
19-09-2009, 05:22 PM
I think the point Goosano was making was that the 3-0 win flattered us and that we've got more than a few problems to deal with. And I agree.

Of course I'd rather we played poorly and won than played poorly and lost but we need to 'up the ante' if we're going to stay toward the top of the league.

Also agree it's early days: I think the midfield will improve and our strikers will get us more than a few goals but I fear for our defence. Having said that, I thought Bamba and Murray had some very good moments. However, we were 'all at sea' too often when crosses came in. Still need another decent central defender.
Some fair points, and i think most of us see the same problems.But being embarressed about winning 3-0, never. I would hope we go to 4-4-2 at some point as i think this will help with the problem of crosses coming in.Also would give us better balance to our midfield,as we would,nt be over ran as much at times.Just a thought

Davy Mac
19-09-2009, 05:24 PM
3-0 at home without playing well........

Sounds like the sound of champions to me...:greengrin:wink::cool2:

Sas_The_Hibby
19-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Some fair points, and i think most of us see the same problems.But being embarressed about winning 3-0, never. I would hope we go to 4-4-2 at some point as i think this will help with the problem of crosses coming in.Also would give us better balance to our midfield,as we would,nt be over ran as much at times.Just a thought

I'll still avoid Perth for a few days.........................:wink::greengrin

Hibercelona
19-09-2009, 05:25 PM

Well I don't mean to brag.... but don't clubs like Chelsea and Man Utd do the same thing quite alot?..... not getting carried away likes. :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
19-09-2009, 05:25 PM

Oh go on, don't be modest. just say it: we'll be Champions of Europe within two years! :wink::greengrin

Gatecrasher
19-09-2009, 05:26 PM
I'll take that on Tuesday

Speedy
19-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Yogi OUT!!! :grr:

hibee_girl
19-09-2009, 05:28 PM
We were lucky that St Johnstone didn't have their shooting boots on today, especially in the first 15 minutes.

However, we scored 3 goals, kept a clean sheet and at times there was some signs of football being played. Can't really complain too much :agree:

Sas_The_Hibby
19-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Yogi OUT!!! :grr:

Mixu IN! :thumbsup::greengrin

PC Stamp
St Johnstone did the same as Hamilton did last week and got right in our faces early on. The difference was that this time we coped a lot better with it. OK, they had a couple of chances particularly the one that hit the bar ... but that's fitba'. You get nothing for hitting the bar except in crossbar challenge!!!

You don't put it in the pokey, you don't win games. Stokes then scored with a piece of real opportunist striking and thereafter I felt Saints heads dropped a little. Riordan's goal was pretty much identical to Stokes and I thought killed the game off. That was a huge difference. Our strikers were clinical and their's weren't. Quality strikers help win games.

Yes we can play much more fluently but I'll take that sort of win every week.

Dashing Bob S
The team has still to gell, but that will come together through games. Yes, we could have had another Hamilton on our hands had Saints take their early chances, but the confidence grew and we were obviously trying to keep something back for Tuesday once we got the (undeserved) two goal lead.

Thought Miller was very good today, stood in front of Morris and nulified his threat, as everything Saints do goes through him. Yes, we bought him as a flair player, but he sacrificed that side of his game for the good of team.

For Saints it'll be a long season. Playing well and not picking up points is not a good sign. For us, playing poorly and picking up points is. We have the strikers (esp now Stokes is of his mark) to win such games without playing well, particularly at home. I'm really looking forward to when we start putting the passing game together.

Sas_The_Hibby
19-09-2009, 05:34 PM
St Johnstone did the same as Hamilton did last week and got right in our faces early on. The difference was that this time we coped a lot better with it. OK, they had a couple of chances particularly the one that hit the bar ... but that's fitba'. You get nothing for hitting the bar except in crossbar challenge!!!

You don't put it in the pokey, you don't win games. Stokes then scored with a piece of real opportunist striking and thereafter I felt Saints heads dropped a little. Riordan's goal was pretty much identical to Stokes and I thought killed the game off.
The difference being that our strikers were clinical and their's weren't. Quality strikers help win games.

Yes we can play much more fluently but I'll take that sort of win every week.

True, but had theirs BEEN clinical we would have been sunk after 15 minutes. I'm happy to not play great and win every week but that ain't gonna happen (ref. Hamilton last week).

Truth is we're missing Jones and haven't replaced him. I'm sure Yogi and the Board would have liked to have done so but were unable to. I'm not blaming them. However it is just a fact that we have problems in defence at present.

HOWEVER a 3-0 win does still make it a good Saturday evening! :thumbsup:

zlatan
19-09-2009, 05:39 PM
It's encouraging that we have 3 wins under our belts and have yet to put in a really good performance this season.

We won but it was still a poor game, the goals were all very well taken, Bamba is a delight to watch, Miller looks the business and Galbraith looks a cracking prospect. The system today was complicated but once the midfield took some form of shape it seemed ok.

You could tell after about an hour the win was safe as it was simply one of those days for St Johnstone, abysmal finishing. My only major gripe today was the goalkeeper who made having nothing to do look like a complicated job. Early days yet and all that I suppose so ho hum.

Mibbes Aye
19-09-2009, 05:42 PM

:agree:

We noticeably stepped up a gear as the half wore on though, with improved passing and sustained possession. It looked like we could play a lot better still.

Some decent performances out there today I thought, particularly in midfield.

Davy Mac
19-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Well I don't mean to brag.... but don't clubs like Chelsea and Man Utd do the same thing quite alot?..... not getting carried away likes. :greengrin

:flag::agree:

Oh go on, don't be modest. just say it: we'll be Champions of Europe within two years! :wink::greengrin

:flag::greengrin

Tony1962
19-09-2009, 05:51 PM
3 great goals and a clean sheet, i'll take that every week!

The problem is we will not get away with every week! Worst performance I have seen at home for sometime.

Sir David Gray
19-09-2009, 06:04 PM
This. Apart from the first twenty minutes, after stokes got his first i thought we were fairly in control and they really weren't that threatening.

They applied a bit of pressure towards the end but really didn't create too many completely open chances.

Overall i'm coming away quite happy with that game! :agree:

:agree: Exactly what I would say.

We were under a lot of pressure in the first 15-20 minutes and probably deserved to go a goal down, if I'm being honest. But we then got the first goal and that gave us confidence and knocked the stuffing out of St Johnstone. After that I thought the game was fairly even and it was simply a case of Hibs taking their chances and St Johnstone squandering theirs.

I thought the eventual scoreline was a bit harsh on St Johnstone but if you don't score goals, you can't win football matches.

I'll take 3-0 wins like that, every single week.

There's a lot for John Hughes to work on and improve and I'm sure, given time, that he will do that.

Hibhibhooray
19-09-2009, 06:04 PM
I agree that the first 15 minutes we could have been a couple down, but the few chances we got we took. In the past games like that would have seen us get beat.

What a difference it makes to look at the bench and have options where as previously we had nothing to offer on our bench.

I do think a few more games it will start to 'click' in midfield and we will come good, lots of instruction on positioning etc coming from Yogi throughout the game so hopefully this will bring us on....

Mon the Hibs :thumbsup:

vahibbie
19-09-2009, 06:13 PM
The problem is we will not get away with every week! Worst performance I have seen at home for sometime.
We've played a lot better and got beat.
I think we should be happy to get the points while not playing well. We (supporters) tend to look for the negatives instead of being gratefull when we get the breaks.
3-0 will do me any day of the week even if it's lucky.

jdships
19-09-2009, 06:13 PM

Saints had 2 or 3 times the chances and somehow contrived not to score. I think we won about 5% of headers all game. The midget midfield got outplayed and overran. McCormack and Hanlon looked vulnerable

Pluses were an assured performance from Wotherspoon 3 quality strikes and a cameo from Galbraith-he looks pacy and a great prospect

Think about it for a minute.
The object of playing a football match is to score goals and goals mean points.
If you don't score goals you don't get points
OK ?
As far as being " embarrassed" is concerned take results as you can get them , how many times have you seen Hibs play well and and come away with nowt ?

:flag:

Aubenas
19-09-2009, 06:33 PM

Starting to wonder if this is some weird kind of satire on how ridiculous football message boards can be.

We beat a stuffy team 3-0 - a vast improvement on last week's result in similar circumstances. We played well at times and had poorer moments too.
However, our manger, charged with getting Hibs winning games, plays two of the deadliest strikers in Scotland up front and they score three between them. This means we win the game despite our obvious frailties in midfield and defence. You could be forgiven for thinking he's got it right and it's good that we have 3 more points and are third in the league.

But - in the strange parallel universe that Hibs Net messageboarders inhabit, this was a Bad Day.

Saw Stuart Cosgrove in the pub after the game - be interesting to ask him which team he would rather have been supporting today!

Dear oh dear oh dear!:grr:

Storar
19-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Eh wait the noo..

That's the difference!!

defo

Jonnyboy
19-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Starting to wonder if this is some weird kind of satire on how ridiculous football message boards can be.

We beat a stuffy team 3-0 - a vast improvement on last week's result in similar circumstances. We played well at times and had poorer moments too.
However, our manger, charged with getting Hibs winning games, plays two of the deadliest strikers in Scotland up front and they score three between them. This means we win the game despite our obvious frailties in midfield and defence. You could be forgiven for thinking he's got it right and it's good that we have 3 more points and are third in the league.

But - in the strange parallel universe that Hibs Net messageboarders inhabit, this was a Bad Day.

Saw Stuart Cosgrove in the pub after the game - be interesting to ask him which team he would rather have been supporting today!

:top marks

Hibercelona
19-09-2009, 06:51 PM
When you compare the amount of times that Hibs have ran riot in the past and walked away with nothing, with us playing bad and taking 3 points away.

I think we more than deserve these occasional brakes.

HibsMax
19-09-2009, 06:54 PM

I agree. I watched the game on Hibernian Interactive TV and that was a horrible game to watch. But I've also seen Hibs play great and lose so I'll take this for sure.

lEXO
19-09-2009, 06:55 PM

:thumbsup:

southern hibby
19-09-2009, 07:01 PM
I've said it before and i'll say it again. HIBS ALWAYS DO THINGS THE HARD WAY.
It may not be nice on the eyes but surely a wins what we must be aiming at (however we manage to get it). If we manage to get Easter road into a fortress and manage to steal points on the road then we can have a very good season.
As mentioned above Celtic and Rangers are not having it easy and if we keep getting ****TY WINS then so be it at least we can stay with them.

I may be wrong but there might have been some nervous players out there today after 2 defeats and the thought of Yogi putting into practice what he is preaching.
If we manage to get lots of ****ty 3-0 wins this season I for one will be over the moon.

down the slope
19-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Just back in after today and while we were all at sea at times at the back i think we improved as the game went on, remember we have never played the same back four two weeks in a row. Plus we were the small fry in the land of giants and we were always second best when it came to physical challenges.
I thought we never had an out ball when the midfield were marked and we need a big physical presence like we had with Killen so we can bring others into play as the ball was straight back for us to defend far to quickly, would have been interesting if they had scored first.

Bearders
19-09-2009, 07:20 PM

The boy is a total fud. Simple as that. We won 3 zip. Lets move on.

whiskyhibby
19-09-2009, 07:23 PM
The team has still to gell, but that will come together through games. Yes, we could have had another Hamilton on our hands had Saints take their early chances, but the confidence grew and we were obviously trying to keep something back for Tuesday once we got the (undeserved) two goal lead.

Thought Miller was very good today, stood in front of Morris and nulified his threat, as everything Saints do goes through him. Yes, we bought him as a flair player, but he sacrificed that side of his game for the good of team.

For Saints it'll be a long season. Playing well and not picking up points is not a good sign. For us, playing poorly and picking up points is. We have the strikers (esp now Stokes is of his mark) to win such games without playing well, particularly at home. I'm really looking forward to when we start putting the passing game together.

Couldn't agree more the stuff of Championeees.................

:jamboak::jamboak::jamboak::jamboak:

sadtom
19-09-2009, 07:34 PM

Take it you haven't been to a game for 18 months.

Some of the absolute ******in trumpets on this board make me cringe.
Wannabe fitba managers who havent a scooby.

We were poor for the first 15 or so but when we took the lead i always felt we were good comfortable, good in patches and sloppy in parts aswell.

Yogi has had 6 competative games. We have started to play something that resembles fitba, but still have a way to go. Though at least the downward slide has been halted and we have started to head in the right direction IMHO.

The best thing for me was that we look like we are starting to have options, we are building a SQUAD. There wont be many teams in this country that would have been able to bring on the quality of Benji, Zizu and Galbraith. We have some other decent youngsters knocking at the door and a number of other competent players who did not even feature today.
Our improvment is far more likely to be steady than dramatic, gradually improving the net sum of the squad by maybe 2-3 players every window.
Some of the signing will be a great success, some will do a decent job and some it wont work out for.

It will take a while to get things done the way the manager wants, and he might have to make some difficult decisions on the way.
I'm really encouraged by Yogis appraoch and his frank and honest interviews, I feel we are getting a bit of soul back in the club. I love the way talks about Hibs and how the players should be proud and respectful of our great institution. I for one hope he is hear for a long long time.

As for all the moronic armchair managers out there go and sit some coaching badges and try and run a boys club and see how you get on.
Either that or *****in' do one!

Bishop Hibee
19-09-2009, 07:43 PM
The first 15 mins were poor but we got the breaks which we didn't get v Hamilton and the result didn't really look in doubt after the first goal. Quality strikers counted plus Bamba had a great game on the right of the two Centre Halves.

I think the cup tie on Tuesday will be a very different game as we can't afford to give them as much possession in midfield.

Happy with 3 points tonight and 3 great goals :thumbsup:

lEXO
19-09-2009, 07:50 PM

We were poor for the first 15 or so but when we took the lead i always felt we were good comfortable, good in patches and sloppy in parts aswell.

Yogi has had 6 competative games. We have started to play something that resembles fitba, but still have a way to go. Though at least the downward slide has been halted and we have started to head in the right direction IMHO.

The best thing for me was that we look like we are starting to have options, we are building a SQUAD. There wont be many teams in this country that would have been able to bring on the quality of Benji, Zizu and Galbraith. We have some other decent youngsters knocking at the door and a number of other competent players who did not even feature today.
Our improvment is far more likely to be steady than dramatic, gradually improving the net sum of the squad by maybe 2-3 players every window.
Some of the signing will be a great success, some will do a decent job and some it wont work out for.

It will take a while to get things done the way the manager wants, and he might have to make some difficult decisions on the way.
I'm really encouraged by Yogis appraoch and his frank and honest interviews, I feel we are getting a bit of soul back in the club. I love the way talks about Hibs and how the players should be proud and respectful of our great institution. I for one hope he is hear for a long long time.

As for all the moronic armchair managers out there go and sit some coaching badges and try and run a boys club and see how you get on.
Barry post mate.Couldnae have put it better.Negative as ****** even after a win.Worst home game in how long? We all have different views but some are just plain blinkered negative ****.

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2009, 07:52 PM

:aok: Some of the finger pointing is incredible. Constructive criticism is fair enough but that is few and far between tonight.

goosano
19-09-2009, 07:56 PM
The original post was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek. Maybe the odd....:wink:...needed

We've played most of the weaker teams so far. We'll see how good we really are when we meet Hearts, Motherwell, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd. I worry that in these sort of games our strikers will be starved of the ball

Yogi is certainly doing some things right. Not afraid to make the big decisions like dropping Hogg and bringing in the youngsters.

And hell, he even had Riordan tracking back today to help out the midfield:greengrin

Groovee
19-09-2009, 07:57 PM
The mascots were certainly of good luck today.

matty_f
19-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Thought we started poorly but got better as the game wore on. St Johnstone are a decent side, and I think we were worth our win.:agree:

erin go bragh
19-09-2009, 10:31 PM

:top markswtf ill take a three nil scoreline every time please:confused:

sleeping giant
19-09-2009, 10:37 PM
:agree:

We noticeably stepped up a gear as the half wore on though, with improved passing and sustained possession. It looked like we could play a lot better still.

Some decent performances out there today I thought, particularly in midfield.

I missed all three goals today:greengrin

I was daydreaming when the first went in , eating a messy pizza for the second and i was watching a jobsworth steward giving a telling off to a group of lads trying to put off Alan Main for the 3rd:greengrin

It was a flat athmosphere too i thought and i shall blame St Johnstone for humping the ball.

I said to my boy that we needed to get back to winning ways today.
Job Done !
Good goals from the strikers.
Good to see 3 players almost falling out over who would take the free kick:greengrin
3 points.
Galbraith looks a prospect and is not shy !
The Green Machine rolls on.

Watching it now actually:cool2:

Cracking goals from Deek and Stokes:thumbsup:

Removed
19-09-2009, 10:44 PM
I missed all three goals today:greengrin

I was daydreaming when the first went in , eating a messy pizza for the second and i was watching a jobsworth steward giving a telling off to a group of lads trying to put off Alan Main for the 3rd:greengrin

You were daydreaming the three times I walked past you before you spoke to me at half time :greengrin

EskbankHibby
19-09-2009, 10:49 PM
The original post was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek. Maybe the odd....:wink:...needed

We've played most of the weaker teams so far. We'll see how good we really are when we meet Hearts, Motherwell, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd. I worry that in these sort of games our strikers will be starved of the ball

Yogi is certainly doing some things right. Not afraid to make the big decisions like dropping Hogg and bringing in the youngsters.

And hell, he even had Riordan tracking back today to help out the midfield:greengrin

i think your OP was a fair summary of the game, fact is that Hibs playing poorly and winning 3-0 would not have happened last year.

At least we are moving in the right direction.

FitbaFolkKen
19-09-2009, 10:50 PM
My thoughts were if it had finished 3=3 we couldn't complain, but as said the quality tells, If our guys had had the chances deuchar had towards the end they would have finished them. Thats the difference.

We looked shakey at the back occasionally but kept a clean sheet....nice change, repeat on tuesday please:thumbsup:

sleeping giant
19-09-2009, 10:54 PM
You were daydreaming the three times I walked past you before you spoke to me at half time :greengrin

I had had a long day:greengrin The boy had football at 9 this morning then Karate at 12. I had to go to the bank , get my bet on and buy a large felt marker ( as you do) on the way to the match.
I also got skelped with the ball before kick off:greengrin

matty_f
19-09-2009, 10:55 PM
I had had a long day:greengrin The boy had football at 9 this morning then Karate at 12. I had to go to the bank , get my bet on and buy a large felt marker ( as you do) on the way to the match.
I also got skelped with the ball before kick off:greengrin

That reminds me - Tricla headed a very fast paced ball back from the front of the west during the game. Credit to him for not bottling it!:thumbsup:

sleeping giant
19-09-2009, 10:58 PM
That reminds me - Tricla headed a very fast paced ball back from the front of the west during the game. Credit to him for not bottling it!:thumbsup:

I thought about it for a second as i could see it coming but i would have mashed my face off the wall !

Ferryhibby
20-09-2009, 12:09 AM
:top marks

:top marks top notch mate couldnt agree more maybe we should go back to mixus team.....I will take a win any way we can at this stage of the season gettin points on the board stayin up in the top half instilling confidence in the team that comes with winning tryin to find out the best team will come so long as we keep winning that will get easier ayone who is embarrassed to see our team win shouldnt be comin to the ground imho

Kato
20-09-2009, 12:41 AM

Needed to be said and very well said.

Dunbar Hibee
20-09-2009, 12:56 AM
first half i felt we should be 2 nil down rather than 2 up.. still a win is a win no matter how we played.. a good team wins even if they played *****:agree: good to see stokesy on the scoresheet.. his 2nd was a beuaty:thumbsup:

Steve-O
20-09-2009, 12:58 AM
Look at Celtic under Strachan, they were utter pish most of the time and I hated watching them, but in general they got the 3 points at the end of the day.

3-0 looks good on this side of the world and when you've not watched the game so I am pleased :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
20-09-2009, 05:50 AM
3-0 at home to the Saintees is just not good enough. I remember the day we scored 9.:greengrin

Seriously though, get a grip. Moaning about a 3-0 win????? Booger me sideways.

sunshine1875
20-09-2009, 07:04 AM

Top post.

Apart from the first 20 minutes, I thought that Hibs were efficient in taking a grip of the game, though we never looking like scoring apart from three shots and some attacks near the end when Saints were a broken team.

Would I want to watch that every week. No, but I can see what Yogi is doing and am happy to support him and my team.

Re-watching the game last night on Alba. I saw many more positives than negatives. However, the main negative was the total lack of atmosphere in the ground. How dare we as supporters criticise our players (individually or collectively) when all we do is sit on our bums, moan and apart from a few "Hibees, Hibees" sign SFA.

MussyHibby
20-09-2009, 07:11 AM
Delighted with a 3-0 win, no doubt about that, but I believe the point being made, or my point would be it wasn't too impressive, nor exciting with a real lack of atmosphere.

It's a real strange one that we win 3-0 after 2 defeats, and yet I walk out of the ground feeling unfulfilled..............bizarre! Am I not meant to be buzzin'?

NAE NOOKIE
20-09-2009, 02:10 PM
It was a strange game.

We had a bad 15 - 20 mins, but once we scored we did seem to improve and got better as the game went on.

You can see that Miller will be a good player for us when you consider that he hasnt played 90 minutes for a good few months.

Bamba Murray and Riordan were all good and Stokes scored, so have to be happy with that.

The only real problem seems to be that we still cant seem to make the play flow though midfield like we would want to and we do seem to lose the physical battles coz of our midfield being a wee bit small.

If we can start winning the midfield in more games we will get better.

But the atmosphere was flat, not unlike a lot of last season. Its a bit of a puzzle that and I'm not sure what can be done about it.

Anyway I will settle for 3 - 0 with 3 class goals any old day of the week :greengrin

P.S.
What was up with Deeks. When he scored he looked like it had been at the wrong end. And when he was subbed he didnt acknowledge the crowd who gave him a standing ovation. Bit of a worry that and certainly out of character :confused:

Sammy7nil
20-09-2009, 02:11 PM
PERSONALLY I was very bored at the game we very rarely put 3 passes together and never dominated at any stage.

I thought it was a bit like playing in Div 1 we did not play great but our opponents lacked the the quality to score.

Miller looked good in flashes but our midfield was again outplayed, we need a dominant Centre half so Bamba or Murray can move in to midfield and add a bit steel. Neither Deeks or Stokes get get the ball to stick and it was only quality strikes form out side the box that got us by.

Yes I would always take a 3 - 0 win but I would like to see just wee signs that we are gelling as a team and I am sorry I dont really see that.

I think we need Maka back in goal as at least he comes for crosses and can help out tiny outfield players.

If we could sort the defence. I would love to see a midield of Zemamma Miller Bamba and Murray. This might be a wee bit harsh on Wetherspoon but I really think that is the right mix of skill and Steel.

Bit of a ramble but the point is 3 - 0 = Fantastic
Just wish I could see some progress as a solid team and I dont :boo hoo:

Rory89
20-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Maybe if some of you left your bedroom's more than once a week for the football and met people who've seen sunshine you wouldn't get all pissed off with a 3-0 victory.

We weren't even bad ffs, you'd think the Mixu era ended 10 years ago with the way people demand amazing, flowing football every game. Our strength is our strikers and therefore on a good day we'll give ourselves a chance to win even if it doesn't appear that we're dominating.

I thought we were comfortable, although not amazing by any means. Would you rather we dominated the midfield a lot but were completely incapable of finishing our chances? We really aren't that bad right now (apart from Hamilton :bitchy:), lighten up you moany bunch of *******s.

Sammy7nil
20-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Maybe if some of you left your bedroom's more than once a week for the football and met people who've seen sunshine you wouldn't get all pissed off with a 3-0 victory.

We weren't even bad ffs, you'd think the Mixu era ended 10 years ago with the way people demand amazing, flowing football every game. Our strength is our strikers and therefore on a good day we'll give ourselves a chance to win even if it doesn't appear that we're dominating.

I thought we were comfortable, although not amazing by any means. Would you rather we dominated the midfield a lot but were completely incapable of finishing our chances? We really aren't that bad right now (apart from Hamilton :bitchy:), lighten up you moany bunch of *******s.

:confused::confused::confused:

No one is going over board just want to see "the team" gel and that is not happening. If however we win 3 - 0 every week playing average football and often being outplayed by teams that will be battling relegation I dont suppose many will complain

Rory89
20-09-2009, 04:10 PM
:confused::confused::confused:

No one is going over board just want to see "the team" gel and that is not happening. If however we win 3 - 0 every week playing average football and often being outplayed by teams that will be battling relegation I dont suppose many will complain

Point taken but it seems there's always something, whenever I'm on here it's mainly moans about this, that and the other. I reckon we're better right now then we have been for a while and even if things aren't perfect a wee bit of perspective wouldn't go a miss for some, we're not Barca we can't look down on a 3-0 win over anybody in the same league as us.

Your post is kind of agreeing with that I suppose but you can't deny that in general this place is a bit too prone to getting carried away. It seems we're always amazing world beaters or pish, sometimes we're just alright like yesterday.

sleeping giant
20-09-2009, 04:25 PM

How can you expect anyone to take your post seriously when you come out with pish like that:bitchy: