PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Club Open Day

sambajustice
16-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Many folks firing along???

There will be the added bonus of watching Ra Tic beating the Yams!

Future17
16-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Many folks firing along???

Any details? First I've heard about it. :confused:

invisible man
16-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Any details? First I've heard about it. :confused:

Hibs Supporters Club Members Day Sunday 20th September from 12.30pm.

Face Painting and Bouncy Castle for the kids from 12.30pm

Darts, Doms, Pool and Crib Fliers from 1.30pm

Sports Quiz @ 6.00pm, Karaoke @ 7.00pm, Bingo @ 8.30pm and finished of with The Legends of Las Vegas show at 9.00 pm.

Free entry for members all day but a £2 charge for visitors for the show in the evening.

Phil D. Rolls
17-09-2009, 07:44 AM
I'm not too into social clubs, what's this one like? Is it the sort of place where they have a rule for everything, enforced by over officious nobody's on the committee. The type that have never had any power at all in their life and now find themselves in a position of authority?

If you win the Bingo, are you allowed to shout "house" like you are absolutely delighted, or are you expected to snivel "right" in a voice that sounds like you have stood on some dog pooh?

What's the entertainment like? Do you get genuine live bands, or some fat turd from West Lothian or Lanarkshire, singing along to tapes of songs like "Penny Arcade"?

Finally, if you are a stranger, does the place fall silent, as everyone stares at you when you walk in, or do people just get on with enjoying their night out and continue in happy conversation?

Sorry to ask these questions, it's just that I've had a few bad experiences at other clubs. Needless to say I'll never sit in a regular's seat again.

Steve-O
17-09-2009, 07:48 AM
I'm not too into social clubs, what's this one like? Is it the sort of place where they have a rule for everything, enforced by over officious nobody's on the committee. The type that have never had any power at all in their life and now find themselves in a position of authority?

If you win the Bingo, are you allowed to shout "house" like you are absolutely delighted, or are you expected to snivel "right" in a voice that sounds like you have stood on some dog pooh?

What's the entertainment like? Do you get genuine live bands, or some fat turd from West Lothian or Lanarkshire, singing along to tapes of songs like "Penny Arcade"?

Finally, if you are a stranger, does the place fall silent, as everyone stares at you when you walk in, or do people just get on with enjoying their night out and continue in happy conversation?

Sorry to ask these questions, it's just that I've had a few bad experiences at other clubs. Needless to say I'll never sit in a regular's seat again.

Yes to all your negative questions :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
17-09-2009, 07:57 AM
Yes to all your negative questions :wink:

Sounds like my kind of place. One last question, does it have a wee room at the back where private members can be entertained by swarthy, buxom hostesses for five dollah?

Steve-O
17-09-2009, 07:58 AM
Sounds like my kind of place. One last question, does it have a wee room at the back where private members can be entertained by swarthy, buxom hostesses for five dollah?

I'm afraid not - there is a pool table in that wee room at the back though :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
17-09-2009, 08:03 AM
I'm afraid not - there is a pool table in that wee room at the back though :greengrin

That doesn't explain that group of Ladyboys I saw leaving Sunnyside at 1:30 the other morning then. Perhaps they like Bingo and pool?

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-09-2009, 08:17 AM

Why would that be a bonus? Cannae stand either of them! :grr:

BT58
17-09-2009, 08:39 AM
used to go to `the hibs club` evry friday + saturday days/nights
they had a great band on then called fags n matches :agree::agree:
anyhoo the worst thing then was the smoking in the BIG hall, being a non smoker my eyes were usually streaming,,,,,my clothes stank fer days!!!!
but it was a braw club :thumbsup::thumbsup:
auld maud selling you tickets you didnt want, as fer the food stand,mmmmm
yon karen was some cook
my missus was really glad when i stated to move doon to musselburgh 20 years ago[ methinks had i stayed in leith, i would not be married noo]
havent been to `sunnyside` fer yonks but it used to be great
so all those going on sunday,,,,,,,,,,,ENJOY YERSELF,,[especially if your off on the monday, lucky bassas:boo hoo::boo hoo:
im not
hb

Steve-O
17-09-2009, 09:28 AM
That doesn't explain that group of Ladyboys I saw leaving Sunnyside at 1:30 the other morning then. Perhaps they like Bingo and pool?

Those are just the ladies I'm afraid :duck:

Phil D. Rolls
17-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Those are just the ladies I'm afraid :duck:

So not that different from other social clubs after all. :greengrin

RIP
17-09-2009, 10:10 AM
I heard that if Frank Dougan is on the door not many people get in?

Steve-O
17-09-2009, 10:33 AM

Aye it's a bit of a squeeze to get past him right enough :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
17-09-2009, 11:10 AM

???? Another pointless pop at Frank........:confused:

grievsie
17-09-2009, 12:36 PM
there will be a lot going on at the club on sunday. you only make the day as you want it to be. come along and experince it for youself. I am sure there will be something for everyone. remember - cheap drink:wink::wink::wink::top marks:top marks

Manchester derby will be on as well i think.....

grievsie
17-09-2009, 12:50 PM
used to go to `the hibs club` evry friday + saturday days/nights
they had a great band on then called fags n matches :agree::agree:
anyhoo the worst thing then was the smoking in the BIG hall, being a non smoker my eyes were usually streaming,,,,,my clothes stank fer days!!!!
but it was a braw club :thumbsup::thumbsup:
auld maud selling you tickets you didnt want, as fer the food stand,mmmmm
yon karen was some cook
my missus was really glad when i stated to move doon to musselburgh 20 years ago[ methinks had i stayed in leith, i would not be married noo]
havent been to `sunnyside` fer yonks but it used to be great
so all those going on sunday,,,,,,,,,,,ENJOY YERSELF,,[especially if your off on the monday, lucky bassas:boo hoo::boo hoo:
im not
hb

is the singer with fags n matches still singing - he was at least 62 back then

invisible man
17-09-2009, 01:35 PM

Not at all, it's a very friendly and welcoming club to members and visitors alike

Of course you can shout "house", just watch out for the regular players who will take you outside and empty your pockets of more than the £2 you've just won.

Saturday's alternate between Live Bands and Disco's. We splash the cash on the first Saturday of every month for a bit more quality see http://www.hibsclub.co.uk for more details

No one falls silent or stares at you, they just continue slaughtering Hearts, or Hibs for that matter, and since Steve-O no longer works their you're sure of a warm welcome from the bar staff:wink:

Get yourself along and enjoy a pint among fellow Hibees.

Future17
17-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Get yourself along and enjoy a pint among fellow Hibees.

Will the Manchester derby and Chelsea/Spurs games be shown? If so, I'm sold! :greengrin

invisible man
17-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Will the Manchester derby and Chelsea/Spurs games be shown? If so, I'm sold! :greengrin

Yip

RIP
17-09-2009, 02:22 PM

???? Another pointless pop at Frank........:confused:

:faf:
Aye right - here's my previous pop!
http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=1638876&postcount=145

Kent Frankie since the early seventies - he and I can laugh at oorsels

Should gie it a go

archiebald
18-09-2009, 09:34 AM
as long as commit:rolleyes:tee get there freebies

Steve-O
18-09-2009, 09:52 AM
...since Steve-O no longer works their you're sure of a warm welcome from the bar staff.[/COLOR]

:greengrin :wink:

sleeping giant
18-09-2009, 09:56 AM
I remember playing football on the dance floor with a tied up scarf about 30 years ago !!!!
Good Grief !! 30 years ago:bitchy:

archiebald
18-09-2009, 10:27 AM
I do believe bar staff are :wink: people to ?????

Phil D. Rolls
18-09-2009, 10:30 AM
I do believe bar staff are :wink: people to ?????

Would you like some oil to help you grind that axe?

archiebald
18-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Nah might let it slip :faf:

Phil D. Rolls
18-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Nah might let it slip :faf:

:greengrin

franco
18-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Speaking of the hibs club is old maud still on the go there i ask as i was a member of the hawkhill branch of the club when i used to come through with the aberdeen lads, was just wondering if she was still going strong.

jakki
18-09-2009, 07:03 PM

If I go, I'll definately get in. I remember Frank as a schoolboy ,was it Heriot's or Edinburgh Academmy? I remember him having the blue blazer like mine of Leith Academy.

I bumped into him 5 years ago after 34 years no seen( I wasnay at any games as I brought up my kids) and we recognised each other immediatelly.He is a true Hibbee . He knows me a Jakki:thumbsup:

jakki
18-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Speaking of the hibs club is old maud still on the go there i ask as i was a member of the hawkhill branch of the club when i used to come through with the aberdeen lads, was just wondering if she was still going strong.

I knew her as Mrs Mac with her sheepskin coat and hat and her pal who I cannot remember her name similarly dressed. I also spoke to Mrs Mac at the games in the 60's.

I heard that she had an accident but still going strong supporting the Hibees.

Long reign Mrs Mac, our Legend supporter :thumbsup:

Forza Fred
19-09-2009, 06:15 AM
I knew her as Mrs Mac with her sheepskin coat and hat and her pal who I cannot remember her name similarly dressed. I also spoke to Mrs Mac at the games in the 60's.

I heard that she had an accident but still going strong supporting the Hibees.

Long reign Mrs Mac, our Legend supporter :thumbsup:

I was at Ibrox when back on holiday a few years ago..Maude was there next to me and BIg Wattie too.

I think maude was 91 at the time.

Unfortuantely the young guys in front of Maude kept jumping up and down and Maude had difficulty seeing all of Ivan's 3 goals.

Big Frank Dougan got me a ticket and took me through in his Hibsmobile..after letting me kip in his loungeroom for three days prior to the game.

A true Hibby through and through..winnae hear a bad word said against him....

givescotlandfreedom
21-09-2009, 11:55 AM
I went there at 1.30 with my Mrs and ended up leaving at throwing out time. Apologies to anyone here I waffled pish to :greengrin

Stantons Angel
21-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Just to let you know I was speaking to Maude last week and although she cant get about as much as she would like to, she is still going strong at the age of nearly 93yrs!

Age has done nothing to dull her sharp tongue or her quick thinking, she is as bright as a new penny and tries to get along to as many games as she can.
If not she has her Sky TV and ESPN to keep up to date with her beloved Hibees.

She is really an inspiration to us all and loves to talk:blah: about the Hibs and her tales about following them in the past. All good stuff and it makes an interesting visit well worth the while!

God bless her. xx

archiebald
21-09-2009, 07:21 PM
A late night had by all ! :greengrin

Nakedmanoncrack
21-09-2009, 09:31 PM
I remember playing football on the dance floor with a tied up scarf about 30 years ago !!!!
Good Grief !! 30 years ago:bitchy:

I think that kind of thing is frowned upon in the Club these days...:boo hoo: