1 0 up at half time. Miller.

H18sry
15-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Thats a strong side we have out :agree:

Hibercelona
15-09-2009, 01:55 PM

:agree:

Not too sure about the 4-3-3 again though!

oneone73
15-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Pleeeeease let Stokesy get a goal!:pray:

scoopyboy
15-09-2009, 01:57 PM

Not too sure about the 4-3-3 again though!

I'm just guessing it's 4-3-3 from the names I got.

MacBean
15-09-2009, 02:02 PM
certainly a very strong team and surprised to see Stokes involved.

Maybe this is punishment... or a chance for him to get his first goal in green n white?:greengrin

scott7_0(Prague)
15-09-2009, 02:10 PM
certainly a very strong team and surprised to see Stokes involved.

Maybe this is punishment... or a chance for him to get his first goal in green n white?:greengrin

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Stokes-and-Miller-set-the.5646829.jp :confused::greengrin

scoopyboy
15-09-2009, 02:30 PM
2-0. Danny Galbraith pen after he was fouled by Marvin Andrews.

MacBean
15-09-2009, 02:32 PM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Stokes-and-Miller-set-the.5646829.jp :confused::greengrin

Thanks for opening my eyes :thumbsup:

Scooter
15-09-2009, 02:40 PM

Why not let stokes take it, I thought the same on sat when deek stepped up

iwasthere1972
15-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Why not let stokes take it, I thought the same on sat when deek stepped up

Because if he had missed it there would be a thread on here 55 pages long with 16,000 viewings asking why Galbraith didn't take it. :agree:

scoopyboy
15-09-2009, 02:45 PM
2-2.

Hibs brought 5 laddies on and obviously gave the initiative to the Accies.

zlatan
15-09-2009, 02:47 PM

I was sitting next to Marvin Andrews on Sunday, he did not give one solitary **** about what was going on :hilarious

Sitting texting the whole game including when the Hamilton were taking their penalty then disappeared with half an hour left.

Mikey
15-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Cheers for the updates Scoopyboy. Always appreciated.

Brooster
15-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Campbell came on for McCormack who took a knock, Bell on for Stokes, Currie on for Miller and Smith on for Benji. The team lost its shape after the subs and conceded 2 slackish goals, Maka went down like bag of feathers for the first goal and the midfield didn't follow up for the 2nd.

Good performances from McCormack, Lewis and Welsh but Miller ran the show, head and shoulders above everyone else.

blackpoolhibs
15-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Campbell came on for McCormack who took a knock, Bell on for Stokes, Currie on for Miller and Smith on for Benji. The team lost its shape after the subs and conceded 2 slackish goals, Maka went down like bag of feathers for the first goal and the midfield didn't follow up for the 2nd.

Good performances from McCormack, Lewis and Welsh but Miller ran the show, head and shoulders above everyone else.

Surely not, perhaps he'd have done better if it was a cross?:devil:

Brooster
15-09-2009, 03:15 PM

LOL. Hamilton didn't get a cross in all day which was down to really good performances from the full backs Lewis and Welsh.

oconnors_strip
15-09-2009, 03:15 PM

presume its scott smith that came on for benji?

pleased to see the younger lads getting a run out, great experience for them to play with 1st team players.

Brooster
15-09-2009, 03:17 PM

pleased to see the younger lads getting a run out, great experience for them to play with 1st team players.

Aye, Scott came on at LB and Lewis was pushed onto midfield. The Campbell who came on for McCormack was Aarron Campbell who looks the part.

blackpoolhibs
15-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Aye, Scott came on at LB and Lewis was pushed onto midfield. The Campbell who came on for McCormack was Aarron Campbell who likes the part.

Likes what part?:greengrin

Jim44
15-09-2009, 03:22 PM

Conversely, a great experience for the 1st team players to play alongside youthful exhuberence. :wink:

oconnors_strip
15-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Aye, Scott came on at LB and Lewis was pushed onto midfield. The Campbell who came on for McCormack was Aarron Campbell who likes the part.

ok and its aaron CHALMERS:greengrin and yes he likes the part of being centre half and he does look the part, in pre season he strolled through every game, and in the 3 league games so far he has been a stand out with smith at the back. he would have had a goal to his name if the ref had given it on saturday against celtic:grr:

Brooster
15-09-2009, 03:32 PM
ok and its aaron CHALMERS:greengrin and yes he likes the part of being centre half and he does look the part, in pre season he strolled through every game, and in the 3 league games so far he has been a stand out with smith at the back. he would have had a goal to his name if the ref had given it on saturday against celtic:grr:

Chalmers thats right, I thought Campbell didn't sound right but I couldn't remember his name. I thought his shot was over the line on Saturday but it was hard to tell from where I was and I was closer than you!!

oconnors_strip
15-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Chalmers thats right, I thought Campbell didn't sound right but I couldn't remember his name. I thought his shot was over the line on Saturday but it was hard to tell from where I was and I was closer than you!!

i thought it was over from my view, and others who were right on the line said it was. but its always hard to tell in these situations. aaron of course claimed it was over:greengrin

Brooster
15-09-2009, 03:42 PM
i thought it was over from my view, and others who were right on the line said it was. but its always hard to tell in these situations. aaron of course claimed it was over:greengrin

I was about 3 yards to your left and it looked over.

brog
15-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks guys, the good info is much appreciated by us " foreigners ".

TornadoHibby
15-09-2009, 03:46 PM

Brooster is hardly known for his impartiality (http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2165599&postcount=27) when it comes to having a view on Maka's goalkeeping abilities now is he! :cool2:

Only takes a couple of people continually putting views like that which I have highlighted to get others who need "guided" to have their views on a subject to jump on that particular bandwagon too! :wink:

FWIW, I don't agree with Brooster's view and I believe that time will show that Maka is far better than Brooster and his" camp" seem to think he is! :wink:

matty_f
15-09-2009, 03:49 PM
I was about 3 yards to your left and it looked over.

I was just past halfway and it looked over.:agree:

Brooster
15-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Brooster is hardly known for his impartiality (http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2165599&postcount=27) when it comes to having a view on Maka's goalkeeping abilities now is he! :cool2:

Only takes a couple of people continually putting views like that which I have highlighted to get others who need "guided" to have their views on a subject to jump on that particular bandwagon too! :wink:

FWIW, I don't agree with Brooster's view and I believe that time will show that Maka is far better than Brooster and his" camp" seem to think he is! :wink:

What was your view on the first Hamilton goal then?

blackpoolhibs
15-09-2009, 04:03 PM

It seems he's in a different clique to your one.:greengrin

TornadoHibby
15-09-2009, 04:22 PM
It seems he's in a different clique to your one.:greengrin

I'm not in anyone's clique as you well know but what I don't do is make unsubstantiatable and potentially damaging comments about young players at Hibs which causes a significant amount of follow on negativity to be "spouted" by all and sundry based upon the initial unsubstantiatable comment! :wink:

The laddie should be left alone to prove his worth to the club IMO! :agree:

The club's not been threatened by any thing he may or may not have done, nor has anyone died and no animals or children have been highlighted on here as having come to harm as a result and we all know that had they been so affected we would all have known by now! :cool2: :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
15-09-2009, 04:25 PM
I'm not in anyone's clique as you well know but what I don't do is make unsubstantiatable and potentially damaging comments about young players at Hibs which causes a significant amount of follow on negativity to be "spouted" by all and sundry based upon the initial unsubstantiatable comment! :wink:

The laddie should be left alone to prove his worth to the club IMO! :agree:

The club's not been threatened by any thing he may or may not have done, nor has anyone died and no animals or children have been highlighted on here as having come to harm as a result and we all know that had they been so affected we would all have known by now! :cool2: :greengrin

I agree, and playing for the reserves is just that place.:wink:

TornadoHibby
15-09-2009, 04:33 PM
I agree, and playing for the reserves is just that place.:wink:

I don't agree but you won't be surprised by that! :wink:

Mr Stack can only come out when the sun goes down you know, something he has proved three times now in that he doesn't seem to like crosses! :wink: :greengrin

Golden Bear
15-09-2009, 04:37 PM
I wonder how Danny Galbraith played? He looked the part in the pre-season friendlies and I'd have thought that Yogi might have given him a start in one of our early fixtures.

Golden Bear
15-09-2009, 04:41 PM

No Reserve fixtures this year so I suspect that there will be a fair number of these "friendlies".

Brooster
15-09-2009, 04:41 PM
I wonder how Danny Galbraith played? He looked the part in the pre-season friendlies and I'd have thought that Yogi might have given him a start in one of our early fixtures.

Danny had a good 1st half but fell out of it a bit in the 2nd half.

Golden Bear
15-09-2009, 04:47 PM

I was hoping he was going to come on as a sub on Sunday --- a good wide player was just what we needed.

blackpoolhibs
15-09-2009, 04:48 PM
I don't agree but you won't be surprised by that! :wink:

Mr Stack can only come out when the sun goes down you know, something he has proved three times now in that he doesn't seem to like crosses! :wink: :greengrin

No not surprised by that. I can see he is not coming for crosses, although i'm struggling to see any he could have come for if i'm honest. Perhaps the one were Nish gave away the penalty? Until such times as he's dropping crosses, and causing me to have my heart in my mouth whenever the ball goes near him, i will be happy to stick with stack. In fact that could be the stack lovers mantra, Stick with Stack.:greengrin

Edinburgh Green
15-09-2009, 04:55 PM

How about Mr Stokes?

Brooster
15-09-2009, 04:57 PM
How about Mr Stokes?

In my opinion he was nearly as bad as he was on Sunday.

GreenPJ
15-09-2009, 04:59 PM
No not surprised by that. I can see he is not coming for crosses, although i'm struggling to see any he could have come for if i'm honest. Perhaps the one were Nish gave away the penalty? Until such times as he's dropping crosses, and causing me to have my heart in my mouth whenever the ball goes near him, i will be happy to stick with stack. In fact that could be the stack lovers mantra, Stick with Stack.:greengrin

Against Celtic there were numerous occassions in the first half alone (including the goal) that Stack stood routed to the spot when he should have been out there trying to punch or catch. There were 3 crosses within the first 20 mins against Celtic that were all 6 yard box area. That's a keepers domain.

TornadoHibby
15-09-2009, 05:01 PM

....and therein lies the veritable nub of the problem BH! :agree:

It's not about dropping or missing them it's about other teams knowing that if he doesn't come for crosses they can fire them in for their big forwards to attack and from a few yards out no keeper can reasonably expect to save a decent header from that range! :wink:

That's my concern! :wink:

Opposing forwards will be "Stacking up" fighting each other to attack outswinging crosses week in week out! :agree:

Maybe your mantra needs reviewed? :wink: :greengrin

Golden Bear
15-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Against Celtic there were numerous occassions in the first half alone (including the goal) that Stack stood routed to the spot when he should have been out there trying to punch or catch. There were 3 crosses within the first 20 mins against Celtic that were all 6 yard box area. That's a keepers domain.

Not necessarily so. These were high quality crosses that were coming in to the box and it's doubtful if any 'keeper would have dealt with them any better than Stack did.

Edinburgh Green
15-09-2009, 05:07 PM

Oh goody, I know it's early days but he really needs a goal (and performance)

blackpoolhibs
15-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Not necessarily so. These were high quality crosses that were coming in to the box and it's doubtful if any 'keeper would have dealt with them any better than Stack did.

And none were in the 6 yard box, all were outside hit with pace. IMHO Maka would not have came for them either. And the goal was never Stacks ball, it was down to Hogg losing his man, again ending up on his arse, and Samaras getting a run on Bamba, beating him to the ball, sending an unstoppable header past Stack.

Dashing Bob S
15-09-2009, 05:10 PM

Stick with Stack between the sticks but don't stop Stack stick when Stack's sticking on the line.

A new one for the Leith police.

GreenPJ
15-09-2009, 05:11 PM

They were decent crosses, nothing more. When you know the CH's are not commanding you need to make a decision to try and distract the strikers as much as possible. Standing on the line is not going to put the striker off. For me with Maka in goals that huddy Samaras would not have scored that goal.

Golden Bear
15-09-2009, 05:12 PM
And none were in the 6 yard box, all were outside hit with pace. IMHO Maka would not have came for them either. And the goal was never Stacks ball, it was down to Hogg losing his man, again ending up on his arse, and Samaras getting a run on Bamba, beating him to the ball, sending an unstoppable header past Stack.

As I've said before and however grudgingly (is there such a word?:greengrin), there are times when you've got to give the opposition some credit and realise that not every goal that is scored against us is someone's fault.

CapitalHibs
15-09-2009, 05:29 PM

Did Benji do anything?