PDA

View Full Version : Yogi Summary

HFC 0-7
14-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Thought I would jot down a wee summary of Yogi: -

Yogi has brought is some great players and I think we would all say we wouldnt have expected him or the board to get these players in.

He has a vision for Hibs and has stated it will take some time.

He has made a mistake on Sundays game with playing 4-3-3 and sticking with it.

His tactical changes on Sunday were probably incorrect, but in his defense he has made some good tactical changes when needed in previous games.

However bad Hibs played on Sunday most people think Yogi can still progress and get hibs playing better.

I think Yogi is still in control of what is happening. Yogi did say that it would take a while to get things right. This may mean that he tinkers with the side, makes sure everyone gets their chance (Nish) and goes through formations to get the right one. I seem to remember that his aim was to make top 6. Its very early on in the season and top 6 is very achievable, I think the problem is that because Yogi has done so well in bringing players in and bringing an air of optimisim back to easter road that fans have got carried away and are expecting a bit too much from the side.

Dont get me wrong Sunday was a very very bad performance but it was maybe what Yogi needed to happen to bring fans and players back to earth and from a players point of view will show who can stand up and be counted.

sesoim
14-09-2009, 05:31 PM
With the wages we are (probably) paying for Stokes and Miller, I think Hughes will be expected to get us into the top four. Sixth place wont do this time.

HFC 0-7
14-09-2009, 05:34 PM
With the wages we are (probably) paying for Stokes and Miller, I think Hughes will be expected to get us into the top four. Sixth place wont do this time.

I think Petrie will be happy for top six as long as there are some decent performances and the top wage earners are playing well so that rod can make a bit dough in selling them. I think Petrie will be happy with top 6 and next year is where results will really matter.