PDA

View Full Version : Stokes and Zemmama

Jones28
30-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Stokes: WTF? Didnt lift a finger at all today, is he Sellick fan?

Zemmama: Not at all match-fit/sharp.

Jim44
30-08-2009, 03:43 PM

Stokes is Celtic daft but I don't think that would have affected his performance.

J-C
30-08-2009, 03:44 PM

Yes, Stokes is a Celtic fan but 3 games in the spaceb of 10 days has taken it's toll on him, it'll give himmatch fitness but today he was gone after 40 mins. Celtic tried to sign him before he went to Sunderland but couldn't agree a fee.

Zouma has missed the last 6-7 weeks through injury and needs the game time, his sharpness will return when fit.

AllyF
Stokes had a fairly average performance but still worked hard and got himself into good positions. He was up against a very strong defence.

Zemmama looked nowhere near ready for first-team football, especially not against the best side in the league. Everytime the ball came to him our attacks came to a halt.

euro Hibby
Would hope that he is just tired from 3 games in 7 days. Nish maybe would have been a better starter. I know he is not the most popular but being a big man needs more game time to get into form.

stubru59
30-08-2009, 03:45 PM

Third game in a week and it showed re Stokes. The wee man just looks like he's not been fed or watered for a while.

persevere1875
Definately a 2 men lacking match fitness in my opinion

Woody1985
Yes, Stokes is a Celtic fan but 3 games in the spaceb of 10 days has taken it's toll on him, it'll give himmatch fitness but today he was gone after 40 mins. Celtic tried to sign him before he went to Sunderland but couldn't agree a fee.

Zouma has missed the last 6-7 weeks through injury and needs the game time, his sharpness will return when fit.

Thought he was quoted as saying that he didn't agree personal terms with them.

Hopefully he'll come good soon.

ancient hibee
30-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Big blunder by Hughes to have both of them in.

J-C
30-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Thought he was quoted as saying that he didn't agree personal terms with them.

Hopefully he'll come good soon.

That's what I meant to type, sorry. :greengrin

CB_NO3
30-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Definately a 2 men lacking match fitness in my opinion
Agree with you, both looked a yard of the pace.

IndieHibby
30-08-2009, 04:00 PM

Who would you have replaced Cregg with?

The_Horde
30-08-2009, 04:01 PM

Wouldn't say a big blunder.

Would say more of a gamble that didn't pay off.

Dashing Bob S
30-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Stokes had poor service from a midfield that was off the space, particularly in the first half. Also not yet match fit.

He's a Celtic 'fan' in the same sense that half of Dublin is, ie: will buy a replica strip and watch them on Sky if it doesn't clash with an English Premiership game. Certainly not a consideration in him not performing today anymore than it was when he scored the goal for Falkirk against them to knock them out the Scottish Cup.

Alfred E Newman
30-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Stokes is Celtic daft but I don't think that would have affected his performance.

After all the hype I have a feeling Stokes could be the next AOB Jim. His goal record after Falkiirk is poor and he looked very ordinary today. I hope I`m wrong.

--------
30-08-2009, 04:11 PM
After all the hype I have a feeling Stokes could be the next AOB Jim. His goal record after Falkiirk is poor and he looked very ordinary today. I hope I`m wrong.

:rolleyes:

Gmack7
30-08-2009, 04:15 PM
i think you may have taken it a bit to far, granted not a good game but aob hes not

fife hfc
30-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Stokes looked off the pace today but will be knackered and I feel Yogi should have brought on Benji for him after 60 mins. As for Zemmama had some nice touches but will need to get up to speed again. Remember he came on when Celtic were sitting back defending their lead so less space available for him to exploit.

IndieHibby
30-08-2009, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=malcolm-bogie;2153671]After all the hype I have a feeling Stokes could be the next AOB Jim. His goal record after Falkiirk is poor and he looked very ordinary today. I hope I`m wrong.[/QUOT

Hibbyradge
30-08-2009, 04:18 PM

I hope you're wrong too. :pray:

Part/Time Supporter
30-08-2009, 04:28 PM

:hilarious

smurf
30-08-2009, 04:44 PM
I can't believe folk are doubting Stokes already and comparing him to Alan O'Brien...:blah:

He'll more than come good.:thumbsup:

joe_hfc
30-08-2009, 04:48 PM

A fee was agreed, he picked sunderland over celtic :agree:. Shows some ambition at least.

heretoday
30-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Hughes wants to send that pair up the sand dunes for an afternoon.

Hibbyradge
30-08-2009, 04:50 PM
A fee was agreed, he picked sunderland over celtic :agree:. Shows some ambition at least.

Ambition. :hmmm:

What criteria did you use to come to that conclusion?

DaniAndersson
30-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Stokes - two things. Firstly, he tired easily, probably due to the number of games he's played since arriving (as many have mentioned). Secondly, most of the service he got came through long balls from Stack. I can only remember him once getting a ball behind the defence - in the second half - and he put in a good cross which won a corner.

Zemmama - blatantly not fit and when he came on, the Celtic midfield swamped him immediately. A fit Zemmama would've managed far better.

joe_hfc
30-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Ambition. :hmmm:

What criteria did you use to come to that conclusion?

A young player attmpting to make his name down south, with the intent to move up in the footballing world instead of being stuck in the fish-bowl of a league the SPL is by signing for celtic. Albeit, I don't think his career has gone quite how some may have expected.... :hmmm: He took a chance at the big time, would that not be ambition? havn't many of us critisised many ex-hibs players as showing a distinct LACK of ambition by signing for either of the old-firm instead of the premiership?

ahibby
30-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Who would you have replaced Cregg with?

I was crying out for Cregg to be replaced by Zemama but couldn't quite believe how rusty he was but maybe I should have expected that.

Gmack7
30-08-2009, 05:13 PM
was galbraith on the bench today?

Woody1985
30-08-2009, 05:26 PM

A young player attmpting to make his name down south, with the intent to move up in the footballing world instead of being stuck in the fish-bowl of a league the SPL is by signing for celtic. Albeit, I don't think his career has gone quite how some may have expected.... :hmmm: He took a chance at the big time, would that not be ambition? havn't many of us critisised many ex-hibs players as showing a distinct LACK of ambition by signing for either of the old-firm instead of the premiership?

I also thought he was quoted as saying that he went down south for financial reasons and to protect his future.

Celtic didn't offer the same terms as Sunderland or he would have gone there.

Nothing to do with ambition IMO. At the same time I wouldn't slate some for it because if someone offered me an extra 5k a week elsewhere I know where I'd go.

Jim Scotts hat trick
30-08-2009, 05:27 PM

you are wrong

Jim44
30-08-2009, 05:29 PM
I can't believe folk are doubting Stokes already and comparing him to Alan O'Brien...:blah:

He'll more than come good.:thumbsup:

Well that's not too bad. The bampots on Brokeback were compairing him to Nade. :greengrin

BryanV
30-08-2009, 05:32 PM
This thread is unbelievable, the next Alan O'Brien based on a mediocre performance against Celtic, after 3 games in the a week; it is beyond parody. Zemmama was not match fit, but games are required to get match fitness up (the clue is in the term).

ancient hibee
30-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Stokes will be OK particulary when he realises he's not quite as good as he thinks.Once he's fit and gets a goal he'll settle down.

HibsNibs
30-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Thought Stokes was frighteningly bad today - complete contrast to his performance against Falkirk. Fingers crossed it was just lack of match fitness and not a raging hangover.

Petrie's Tache
30-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Hughes wants to send that pair up the sand dunes for an afternoon.

Worst times of my life:boo hoo:

jabis
30-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Stokes will be OK particulary when he realises he's not quite as good as he thinks.Once he's fit and gets a goal he'll settle down.

I think thats called "damned with faint praise"

the guy is a tallented,hard working player.The fact he was blowing out his bum today is no surprise.He's ran more in 3 games than Nade has done in his ENTIRE haerts career !

ancient hibee
30-08-2009, 05:55 PM
I think thats called "damned with faint praise"

the guy is a tallented,hard working player.The fact he was blowing out his bum today is no surprise.He's ran more in 3 games than Nade has done in his ENTIRE haerts career !

No its not -it's just an opinion after watching him.

hibsbollah
30-08-2009, 05:56 PM

Not a chance:bitchy: Theres no comparison in pedigree. This negativity is getting ridiculous.

jabis
30-08-2009, 06:12 PM
No its not -it's just an opinion after watching him.

"he's not quite as good as he thinks"

yes it is.

god forbid a player runs up the tunnel thinking "I'm not as good as I think I am...I'm not as good as I think I am...etc"

jabis
30-08-2009, 06:15 PM

yes it is.

god forbid a player runs up the tunnel thinking "I'm not as good as I think I am...I'm not as good as I think I am...etc"

or eve "I'm pish and I know I am....I'm nade...etc"

ancient hibee
30-08-2009, 06:15 PM

yes it is.

I think he thinks he's better than he is -that's my opinion after watching his reactions during the game-nothing to do with damning him with faint praise.

marinello59
30-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Stokes didn't do well today but he is just not match fit. He could get away with it against Falkirk and Brechin but with the technically superior players that Celtic have it was a big ask of him. He will come good, wait until the next time we play them, then judge him.

jabis
30-08-2009, 06:19 PM
I think he thinks he's better than he is -that's my opinion after watching his reactions during the game-nothing to do with damning him with faint praise.

therein lies the problem :greengrin

The Harp Awakes
30-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Stokes was obviously gutted by his performance as he walked into the dugout. He certainly doesn't look fit though and most of the passes (usually punts from the Goalie or Hogg) that came his way were in the air where he had no chance against Loovens or Caldwell.

Too early to get concerned for me. Yogi may have made a mistake though in throwing him into the starting line up too soon, which has put a bit of pressure on him now.