PDA

View Full Version : NHC David Murray to step down as Rangers chairman

ian cruise
26-08-2009, 02:48 PM
just announced on sky sports news that david murray has stepped down as board member and chairman of rangers

new buyer or deserting a sinking ship?

Wembley67
26-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Breaking news the now....so breaking there is no link!

Dunno what it means in the long run mind you (Murray not the link).

zlatan
26-08-2009, 02:51 PM
The thread title made me laugh whether intentional or not.

iwasthere1972
26-08-2009, 02:54 PM
just announced on sky sports news that david murray has stepped down as board member and chairman of rangers

new buyer or deserting a sinking ship?

Another one for the "Cliche" thread. :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
26-08-2009, 02:57 PM
This thread could run and run and run

Elephant Stone
26-08-2009, 02:57 PM
:faf:

ian cruise
26-08-2009, 02:59 PM
cliches were unintentional and hope no offence was caused. will put up link when there is one but it was just announced minutes ago on sky sports news.

ian cruise
26-08-2009, 03:00 PM
as promised - link

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/Breaking-news-Sir-David-Murray.5591019.jp

hibee_girl
26-08-2009, 03:00 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5515161,00.html

MacBean
26-08-2009, 03:03 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8223058.stm

Keith_M
I think someone should offer Chick Young counselling straight away!!!!

Sylar
Considering how much money he's put into Rangers over the years, most of their fans must be wondering what's going on. He recently put up share options to the fans, and ended up buying £x million back from his own money - nobody wants to put any money into them!

Either they've got a foreign investor or Rangers are about to hit a very smelly wall!

Gerard
26-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Well its not like hes going to leave empty handed.

He's minted....

The rest of his life will be a walk in the park....

I'll get my coat. :greengrin

That is not a nice comment and not funny given the man's disability:bye:
Gerard

SunnyLeither
26-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Well its not like hes going to leave empty handed.

He's minted....

The rest of his life will be a walk in the park....

I'll get my coat. :greengrin

Please take no offence as this is only my opinion, but as much as I detest most things connected with that instituion, using David Murray's disability as a joke topic isn't really funny. Each to their own as they say.

dublinhfc
26-08-2009, 03:12 PM
That'll be some leaving do, he'll no doubt be surrounded by rangers Leg-ends!

SunnyLeither
26-08-2009, 03:13 PM
That'll be some leaving do, he'll no doubt be surrounded by rangers Leg-ends!

Still nae need :bitchy::bitchy:

JimBHibees
26-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Not sure the gags about his disability are particularly called for.

Whether you like the guy or not there is no doubt he has done incredibly well in business and life in general to be such a successful business man after his horrible accident which would have seriously affected weaker characters than him.

Suppose he thinks with Rangers winning the double last year this was a good time to move aside.

dublinhfc
26-08-2009, 03:18 PM
did anyone call for PC Murdoch?

I better not mention the fact that Wallace Mercer has recently passed

GordonR
26-08-2009, 03:18 PM
He stepped down as chairman a few years ago. And then came back again.

easy enough to do, when you're still majority shareholder in the club.

BSEJVT
26-08-2009, 03:19 PM
I rather suspect his full energies are required to stop the remainder of his empire which underpins Rankgers from heading over the precipice.

MSK
26-08-2009, 03:22 PM

I better not mention the fact that Wallace Mercer has recently passedAw give it a rest eh !!....pathetic !!

Peevemor
26-08-2009, 03:22 PM
He stepped down as chairman a few years ago. And then came back again.

easy enough to do, when you're still majority shareholder in the club.

I rather suspect his full energies are required to stop the remainder of his empire which underpins Rankgers from heading over the precipice.

Thought the same things myself.

magnificent_seven
26-08-2009, 03:26 PM

Good point, I don't condone things said about Murray's disability but it seems to be ok to bask in the glory of Wallace Mercers death and sing about it.

Double standards eh!

magnificent_seven
26-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Back to the original conversation about him leaving though, did he not leave a few years ago and return!? I'm sure he will be back again in the next few years.

marinello59
26-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Good point, I don't condone things said about Murray's disability but it seems to be ok to bask in the glory of Wallace Mercers death and sing about it.

Double standards eh!

Actually I don't think that is the point that dublin was making. I may be wrong.

Plenty here condemn the Wallace mercer song too. :agree:

hibbybrian
26-08-2009, 03:31 PM

I'm sure your and similar posts were in jest, however as well as the PC brigade, there are several posters on .net and the Bounce who are disabled and may not appreciate your sense of humour :wink:

I doubt there are any posters on .net or the Bounce who are deid - well not physically anyway :devil: :duck:

dublinhfc
26-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Actually I don't think that is the point that dublin was making. I may be wrong.

Plenty here condemn the Wallace mercer song too. :agree:

To be fair it wasn't a boot in the arse off it.......am i allowed to say that, damn thats me put my foot in my mouth again..........whoops! honestly i'm as useful as a one Le.........managed to stop before i get another

tsk tsk from the men who must be obeyed

dublinhfc
26-08-2009, 03:35 PM
I'm sure your and similar posts were in jest, however as well as the PC brigade, there are several posters on .net and the Bounce who are disabled and may not appreciate your sense of humour :wink:

I doubt there are any posters on .net or the Bounce who are deid - well not physically anyway :devil: :duck:

Fair point Brian, if i have cause offence to anyone i do appologise sincerely

marinello59
26-08-2009, 03:36 PM
To be fair it wasn't a boot in the arse off it.......am i allowed to say that, damn thats me put my foot in my mouth again..........whoops! honestly i'm as useful as a one Le.........managed to stop before i get another

:confused:
Grow up.

iwasthere1972
26-08-2009, 03:41 PM

:bye: My crystal ball is telling me you'll be emptied soon. :agree:

Why say something sensible when you can just be controversial instead.

Storar
26-08-2009, 03:43 PM
The thread title made me laugh whether intentional or not.

:agree:
Wondered how long it would take!

booshsutton
26-08-2009, 05:47 PM
he'll be needing all his cash for that big new house he's building out Murrayfield way, it's a monster!:agree:

Has he not bowed out from his beloved Teddy Bears before only to step back in when finances started to go belly up?

Caversham Green
26-08-2009, 06:02 PM
He only seems to be resigning his post as chairman - it would seem he'll still be the major shareholder. That means that on the face of it, Rangers finances won't be affected.