PDA

View Full Version : Brechin City

Dashing Bob S
24-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Looking forward to this game on Wednesday. I would have been dreading it last year and seeing it a potential banana skin. Now I expect Stokesy and/or Byrne to get their first Hibernian goals at senior level.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Think I am right in saying that this will be the first time that Duff Jimmy has been back in charge of a team and will be followed on Sunday by another previous manager coming back for the first time with a new team. Not sure that I would give him much of an ovation. Don't think that there is much chance of him arriving in a helicopter this time.:bitchy:

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Think I am right in saying that this will be the first time that Duff Jimmy has been back in charge of a team and will be followed on Sunday by another previous manager coming back for the first time with a new team. Not sure that I would give him much of an ovation. Don't think that there is much chance of him arriving in a helicopter this time.:bitchy:

Did you see the article in the Sunday Times yesterday? I can't find it online to post a link but basically the story goes that he can't understand why Hibs fans still blame him for getting us relegated. He left in the February he says so how can it be his fault? He still gets asked by Hibs fans why did you do this, why did you do that he says. Maybe because some of his decisions and signings were so bad that 11/12 years on we still can't believe it?!

He comes across even more of a clueless clown than he does on the radio/TV.

I've got nothing against Brechin but I hope for Duff Jimmy's sake it's as big a humiliation as is possible.

The_Todd
24-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Totally looking forward to this. I'll be stood on the edge of my seat for 90 minutes as we probably give ourselves a fright.

And yes, West Standers, I said stood on my seat!

Dashing Bob S
24-08-2009, 05:27 PM
I've always quite liked Brechin. I don't think Duffy was a very inspiring appointment after Michael O'Neill.

I don't think he's very good manager, but I liked him as a player and he did well to come back after serious injury.

7Hero
24-08-2009, 05:35 PM
can you pay at the gate ?

Part/Time Supporter
24-08-2009, 05:43 PM

He managed Dundee several times against Hibs.

Dashing Bob S
24-08-2009, 05:53 PM
He managed Dundee several times against Hibs.

That famous 4-4 game, which saw the best and worse of Mowbray's style.

The_Todd
24-08-2009, 06:23 PM
can you pay at the gate ?

There's no danger of a sellout so yes.

7Hero
24-08-2009, 06:50 PM
cheers toads

Oscar Lomax
24-08-2009, 06:55 PM
I cant believe some supporters are taking this so lightly. I have followed Hibs for 30 years and games that they were expected to win against lower league opposition in up ties have turned in to embarassing defeat....
Im not saying we wont win but I think we should treat Brechin with the same respect as Celtic will get on Sunday....
Ive seen it to many times.

.SeventyFive
24-08-2009, 06:59 PM
I cant believe some supporters are taking this so lightly. I have followed Hibs for 30 years and games that they were expected to win against lower league opposition in up ties have turned in to embarassing defeat....
Im not saying we wont win but I think we should treat Brechin with the same respect as Celtic will get on Sunday....

I'm crapping myself. Actually have more confidence in beating Celtic than Brechin.

The_Todd
24-08-2009, 07:03 PM

Totally. Maybe not the strongest XI but strong enough to put the game beyond doubt then let some fringe players have a run out.

Give Nish and Stokes the chance for that all important and confidence boosting first goal of the season each.

We should really go for it, and put on a show for the fans too. A show of intent for the season ahead.

And besides, the Brechin fans are travelling to see their team take on an SPL side so lets give them an SPL side worth the journey.