PDA

View Full Version : Media Bamba wanted in EPL by ..

IWasThere2016
21-08-2009, 07:37 AM
Liverpool (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2009/08/21/liverpool-want-to-sign-me-claims-hibs-defender-sol-bamba-86908-21612923/) .. and two French sides. According to the man himself

BEEJ
21-08-2009, 07:42 AM
:hmmm: A case of today's good news preceding some disappointing transfer news next week?

BT58
21-08-2009, 07:44 AM
Liverpool (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2009/08/21/liverpool-want-to-sign-me-claims-hibs-defender-sol-bamba-86908-21612923/) .. and two French sides. According to the man himself

just read that meself,,,,,,,,nearly choked on me cornflakes
just glad that t pool have signed yon geek guy
didnt he play fer the tarts:dunno::dunno:
hope bamba stays
hb

Saorsa
21-08-2009, 07:47 AM
:hmmm: A case of today's good news preceding some disappointing transfer news next week? Well that would hardly be a surprise.

I wisnae entirely happy with him playing at the back but he's done very well so far but if he does go we had better be lining up replacement.

Jack
21-08-2009, 08:07 AM
"Liverpool, Lorient and Grenoble are all following me and obviously it's flattering. Any player would be attracted to a club of Liverpool's size but I can't think too much about that until there is a concrete offer from them.

Not surprised, but they're probably watching loads of other players too. Real Madrid were watching Fletch remember.

Big Sol seems a sensible enough guy, in footballing terms, and clearly ambitious so he’ll know if he keeps on producing the goods, on the pitch, and has a good World Cup then clubs will come in for him. The better he plays the more choice he’ll have.

And it is his agent that’s telling him this so :pinchofsaltsmilie:

jacomo
21-08-2009, 08:18 AM
What price a Sol Bamba?

I don't know his contract details, but I think he's got two years left with us? If so, let's quote a big fee and see if anyone stumps up. We need to keep Bamba for another season, in my view.

zlatan
21-08-2009, 09:57 AM
Very modest way of the big man in saying he'ld leave Hibs for Liverpool, sadly it's starting to look like he's gonna be away sooner rather than later :boo hoo:

bingo70
21-08-2009, 10:00 AM

Would say the French sides are far more realistic, especially considering he said the other day he was reviewing his career options as his family has moved back to France.

By mentioning Liverpool i imagine he was just trying to influence his negotiations with the french clubs to get as big a contract as he can.

Phil MaGlass
21-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Hopefully hold onto him until after the world cup

moroccanhibs
21-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Hibernian's Sol Bamba Claims Liverpool Interest

Souleymane 'Sol' Bamba appears to see his future away from Hibernian's Easter Road ground, and claims interest from some interesting names: French outfits Lorient and Grenoble, and also Premier League big guns Liverpool.

Hibernian's Sol Bamba Claims Liverpool Interest - Goal.com (http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/08/21/1452443/hibernians-sol-bamba-claims-liverpool-interest)

JoeT
21-08-2009, 11:41 AM
http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=158670

magnificent_seven
21-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Reckon he is a replacement for Xabi Alonso?:greengrin

Littlest Hobo
21-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Can't see it happening myself ? As long as he concentrates on being the best he can for us, that's all I ask. If a club like Liverpool come in for the boy then that's fine, as long as everything is done by the book and it doesn't upset his performances. I just hope he's no trying to "ENGINEER" a move away! That's not what we want to hear and it can sometimes upset the dressing room!

jacomo
21-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Hopefully hold onto him until after the world cup

Good point.

Spend another year with the Hibees, Sol, and we'll sell you to Real Madrid next summer. :wink:

Littlest Hobo
21-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Well that would hardly be a surprise.

I wisnae entirely happy with him playing at the back but he's done very well so far but if he does go we had better be lining up replacement.

:faf:

We are talking about Hibs here. We all knew that Rob Jones, our club Captain was leaving for as long as i can remember but no replacement has ever arrived in his absence, what makes you think that Petrie would open the purse strings again after breaking the bank for Stokes. :confused:

Jack
21-08-2009, 12:17 PM

We are talking about Hibs here. We all knew that Rob Jones, our club Captain was leaving for as long as i can remember but no replacement has ever arrived in his absence, what makes you think that Petrie would open the purse strings again after breaking the bank for Stokes. :confused:

Sol has played most of his career before Hibs at CH, he describes himself as a CH, I think HE was brought in to cover for Rob Jones by Mixu, just a bit of very good fortune he was very good at some of the other roles Mixu asked him to play.

hibsdaft
21-08-2009, 12:17 PM
taking this at face value and looking at it from the Liverpool perspective, Liverpool are short of defensive midfield cover. Liverpool play with two at the back, Mascherano and Lucas/ Aquilani. if Mascherano is out Lucas will take the more defensive role and partner Aquilani or else Gerrard would probably come back into central defence.

so imo these two positions are short on proven, experienced players.

The squad's cover for CM are Jay Spearing, 20 yr old midget Scouser who looks promising but has no experience, and Plessis who is the same but French and very tall.

i am not sure Bamba would be ahead of these guys, they are all equally unproven at Premiership level so imo he'd just be another unproven Liverpool squad player.

if he is being looked at as a CH, then Liverpool have just signed Krgiakos for 4th choice CH, successfully debuted the 5th choice Ayala against Stoke the other night and sent 6th choice San Jose out to Athletic Bilboa for the season.

finally Liverpool are meant to be totally out of cash after the Kyrgiakos signing so i don't see where the £500K + fee is going to come from for this sort of signing, unless this has been a smokescreen while other signings are worked on which seems fairly unlikely now.

personally i don't see a bid coming at this stage, i think he's just another player who's been scouted and admired but clubs like LFC have dozens in that category at any one time.

cabbage07
21-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Can't see it happening myself ? As long as he concentrates on being the best he can for us, that's all I ask. If a club like Liverpool come in for the boy then that's fine, as long as everything is done by the book and it doesn't upset his performances. I just hope he's no trying to "ENGINEER" a move away! That's not what we want to hear and it can sometimes upset the dressing room!

Exactly ! Hes just in the door with us ,Liverpool ?dont make me laugh never in the class and never will be .

blackpoolhibs
21-08-2009, 12:41 PM
He can play at that level, he's a better central defender than Jones, we will miss him when he goes, he will play in the EPL soon.

cabbage07
21-08-2009, 12:47 PM
He can play at that level, he's a better central defender than Jones, we will miss him when he goes, he will play in the EPL soon.

You are joking ?

blackpoolhibs
21-08-2009, 12:54 PM
You are joking ?

No.

Cocaine&Caviar
21-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Their young centre back Ayala looked absolute class against Stoke midweek, Loan deal + £3m...

Hibs90
21-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Sadly looks like he is offski.

Nothing less than 2.5 million.

RoYO!
21-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Sadly looks like he is offski.

Nothing less than 2.5 million.

based on?

he will be going, i just dont think it will be imminently unless its a silly offer.

hibs have done brilliantly to manage contracts in order to get good money recently and im sure this will be the case with sol. so one things to be sure is that if he does go hibs will do well out of it.

RIP
21-08-2009, 02:12 PM
based on?

he will be going, i just dont think it will be imminently unless its a silly offer.

hibs have done brilliantly to manage contracts in order to get good money recently and im sure this will be the case with sol. so one things to be sure is that if he does go hibs will do well out of it.

Rod will be rubbing his hands at the prospect of another profit. This one will run and run till January at least if not the end of the season. It reminds me of the Jones, Fletcher and Brown deals where suitors were lined up tweve to eighteen months before the deals were finally done.

As for a sale before the window - personally I think Yogi would rather cut off his left leg

RoYO!
21-08-2009, 02:14 PM
think that yogi would kick up one hell of a fuss if anyone were to go at this late stage...

unless they are rank rotten that is!

sahib
21-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Sol has played most of his career before Hibs at CH, he describes himself as a CH, I think HE was brought in to cover for Rob Jones by Mixu, just a bit of very good fortune he was very good at some of the other roles Mixu asked him to play.

Absolutely spot on imho. I have said this before. Everyone is so obsessed with the "Natty Jack" role that they can't seem to accept a CH being bought for any other role than midfield.:wink:

Jack
21-08-2009, 02:32 PM
based on?

And so will Dunfermline.

hibsdaft
21-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Bamba out, Barr in

nobody would complain with that surely?

:cool2::cool2:

blackpoolhibs
21-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Bamba out, Barr in

I would. Bamba still has 2 years left, he's better than Barr, lets keep him until the world cup is over. His value will soar this year, we need to maximise what we get from our players, and nothing short of a stupid offer should see him staying at the club for now.

HibeeDaz6270
21-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Bamba out, Barr in

and arfield? If hibs were to spend 500k on Arfield now, he could potentially be worth 2million+ within 12-18months. Would be a good investment.

PeterboroHibee
21-08-2009, 02:52 PM
We lose Bamba and we have a pretty small team; you dont need a team full of big guys but at set pieces etc imagine we would concede a fair few goals with the lack of any really tall players.

Violater
21-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Bamba out, Barr in

Barr is a very good prospect and would be great to have him at Hibs BUT he is not the finished article,we need to hold onto someone like Sol at least for another year. If a very silly offer comes in then we would have to look at it seriously. But for now its important we hold onto him.

jgl07
21-08-2009, 03:34 PM

You were arguing a couple of days ago that no-one was likely to be signed.

hibsdaft
21-08-2009, 04:16 PM
I would. Bamba still has 2 years left, he's better than Barr, lets keep him until the world cup is over. His value will soar this year,

is he likely to make their squad? i hadn't been paying attention to that tbh.

Littlest Hobo
21-08-2009, 04:38 PM

That's the way you perceived what I wrote, this is in actual fact what i did write.

Haven't bought a ST, and if we end up playing average football then I'll probably no go to many games. That's the reality, your move Mr Petrie?

Petrie then lost his bottle through the fear of losing me and many like me for the season and rushed out and signed Stokes, so you can thank me later for holding the Tache to ransome:wink::greengrin

Littlest Hobo
21-08-2009, 04:46 PM

You don't sound too confident of Petrie signing folk yerself in this post.

jgl07
Testimonial Due

Killer Darts: Shaun of the Dead
vButtons: 0 Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFranHibs
He cost Sunderland 2 milliion and reportedly getting 14k a week?

Is this accurate and any thoughts of how Hibs can have structured a deal.

Petrie obviously got it sorted for once!

basehibby
21-08-2009, 04:59 PM
I would. Bamba still has 2 years left, he's better than Barr, lets keep him until the world cup is over. His value will soar this year, we need to maximise what we get from our players, and nothing short of a stupid offer should see him staying at the club for now.

:top marksThe only way I would be happy to see Bamba leave right now is if the fee was to pay for the new East Stand lock stock and barrel - if anyone wants his services at this juncture they should be made to pay through the nose - and then some - don't want to undo todays magnificent work afterall.

rebhar
21-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Jambo on kickback:

probably not what we want to hear, but i have it on good authority, Hibs will re-sign Buezillan and Darren Barr from Falkirk, however Sol Bamba is off to the championship. just thought id pass it on.....

I hope the bit about Bamba's not true but the boozy and barr bit might be true:pray: why would a jambo make it up?

RickyS
21-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Jambo on kickback:

I hope the bit about Bamba's not true but the boozy and barr bit might be true:pray: why would a jambo make it up?

Excellent news if true, this would be too much for me tho. the wife doesnae ken whats hit her so far, if this happened......well I dont know

PaulSmith
21-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Rod will be rubbing his hands at the prospect of another profit. This one will run and run till January at least if not the end of the season. It reminds me of the Jones, Fletcher and Brown deals where suitors were lined up tweve to eighteen months before the deals were finally done.

As for a sale before the window - personally I think Yogi would rather cut off his left leg

And quite right too, if Hibs can turn around Bamba for Barr, Ayling and even Boozy plus £1m (and a new East Stand) then it's good business for the football and business side of the club.

If Hibs are lining up buyers in advance of their contracts running down then that again is good for Hibs, I don't see what the problem is to be honest?

John Hughes will know the drill and he'll simply add that he's "shuffling his pack".

sleeping giant
21-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Jambo on kickback:

I fear we may lose the man that is Bamba:boo hoo:
He is destined for great things.

sleeping giant
21-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Excellent news if true, this would be too much for me tho. the wife doesnae ken whats hit her so far, if this happened......well I dont know

sleeping giant
21-08-2009, 06:14 PM

I think he is destined for great things !

Really hope we can keep him but we'll see:boo hoo:

Dashing Bob S
21-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Jambo on kickback:

Because they are ******ed and delusional and hear strange voices in their heads?

All that has happened over the last week is that they've transferred this trait from obsessing about themselves to obsessing about us.

Pay zero attention to those clowns. If all they said came to pass they would be in the latter stages of the CL, laden with world cup stars and playing in front of 400,000 in a state of the art stadium with £51 m stand.

CallumLaidlaw
21-08-2009, 06:18 PM

funny you should say that. After being awake for around 2 hours this morning, my partner asked me if I had been taking something as I seemed high. I didn't bother trying to explain the previous 12 hours to her :thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
21-08-2009, 06:38 PM

Amen, BH.

GlesgaeHibby
21-08-2009, 06:41 PM
I would be pretty upset to see Bamba go. He has looked rock solid at the back the last 3 games and his sheer strength, presence and athleticism will make him a great player at the back for us this season.

He has come on leaps and bounds in the last year and I'd love for us to keep him for another season, as I'm sure we'll see him develop into a top class CH.

GreenBlade
21-08-2009, 07:21 PM

And you base that on two pre-season games Blackpool?! :bitchy:

BEEJ
21-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Bamba out, Barr in

Not an ideal swap, no .....

:agree:

We lose Bamba and we have a pretty small team; you dont need a team full of big guys but at set pieces etc imagine we would concede a fair few goals with the lack of any really tall players.
Correct. :top marks

How on earth can Barr (5ft 10 in his stocking soles, I believe) be a replacement for Bamba or Jones before him? :confused: Good player, yes. But not a straight substitute at CB for Bamba.

Hiber-nation
21-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Bamba hasn't even begun life as a Hibs player. Let's try to build something, for once.

BoltonHibee
21-08-2009, 08:36 PM

What about last season?

He was one of the best players in Scotland last year.

I'm_cabbaged
21-08-2009, 08:54 PM

Anyone know this clown?

Nothing but negative posts. :trumpet:

Pedantic_Hibee
21-08-2009, 09:09 PM
I don't know if I am either an absolutely brilliant spotter of a player or if I am completely delusional (probably the latter), but I think Sol Bamba is absolutely magnificent.

I said it time and time again last season and throughout the close season, he is a fantastic player for us and was my player of the year last year.

He's built like a wardrobe, he breaks up pretty much everything, he's strong and robust in the tackle, he's added a fair bit of composure and control to his game and he's a terrific athlete.

I really don't think a fair percentage of our fans appreciate his talent, I genuinely think the big chap is immense and a good season at Hibs followed by an equally good World Cup would see us being able to name our price for him.

In modern football, having a player who is as tall and strong as he is athletic is as good as having a player with fantastic ability.

The Sol man definitely is the first part and his ability with the ball at his feet was evident many a time last season too and in the early part of this season.

I would be gutted to see him go and if I had the choice of keeping Bamba or losing him with Boozy and Barr coming in, I'd keep him.

He will play in the EPL, mark my words.

blackpoolhibs
21-08-2009, 10:47 PM

Well i think you are a pratt after reading just one of your posts, cant say i have read any of your other 7 though, so could be completely wrong. Bamba was my player of the year last season, and has not dissapointed me so far in this one. One thing is sure, he's too good to play for that bag of ***** you support in sheffield.:bitchy:

Bostonhibby
21-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Anyone know this clown?

Nothing but negative posts. :trumpet:

be fair, joined 19/7/09, maybe thinks hibs started then :confused::wink:

RickyS
21-08-2009, 11:43 PM
funny you should say that. After being awake for around 2 hours this morning, my partner asked me if I had been taking something as I seemed high. I didn't bother trying to explain the previous 12 hours to her :thumbsup:

funny that, the wife thought the same. she was lost for words, when for the first time (im still debating it tho) I said "ready to go again"

wheres the "Petrie saved my marriage thread":jamboak:

Pete
22-08-2009, 12:02 AM
I don't know if I am either an absolutely brilliant spotter of a player or if I am completely delusional (probably the latter), but I think Sol Bamba is absolutely magnificent.

I said it time and time again last season and throughout the close season, he is a fantastic player for us and was my player of the year last year.

He's built like a wardrobe, he breaks up pretty much everything, he's strong and robust in the tackle, he's added a fair bit of composure and control to his game and he's a terrific athlete.

I really don't think a fair percentage of our fans appreciate his talent, I genuinely think the big chap is immense and a good season at Hibs followed by an equally good World Cup would see us being able to name our price for him.

In modern football, having a player who is as tall and strong as he is athletic is as good as having a player with fantastic ability.

The Sol man definitely is the first part and his ability with the ball at his feet was evident many a time last season too and in the early part of this season.

I would be gutted to see him go and if I had the choice of keeping Bamba or losing him with Boozy and Barr coming in, I'd keep him.

He will play in the EPL, mark my words.

Maybe one day for someone like Burnley or Wolves.

If he ever plays for a team like Liverpool I'll cut off my genitalia with a pair of scissors and stuff them in my mouth.

Absolutely no chance.

heidtheba
22-08-2009, 02:05 AM
"funny that, the wife thought the same. she was lost for words, when for the first time (im still debating it tho) I said "ready to go again"

wheres the "Petrie saved my marriage thread":jamboak: "

Isn't there statistical evidence showing that power cuts = mini baby booms... so taking this a step further... Great signing and opening of the wallet (Stokes) + Yam humping x2 + hibs win = a few of the above type comments = many future hibbies

many future hibs babies = many future hibs season tickets....

think this is the leverage to get the Tache shelling out with gay abandon...:devil:

I mean...I'm happy to sign a petition to do my bit...:wink:

heidtheba
22-08-2009, 02:07 AM
should have added "with my wife" just in case that was taken as some dody offer...ahem

BEEJ
22-08-2009, 08:02 AM

:agree: :top marks

YehButNoBut
22-08-2009, 08:21 AM
Maybe one day for someone like Burnley or Wolves.

If he ever plays for a team like Liverpool I'll cut off my genitalia with a pair of scissors and stuff them in my mouth.

Absolutely no chance.

Have to agree I like Bamba and he is a great player in the SPL but as for him moving to the likes of Arsenal & Liverpool and getting a game for them, well lets face it there is no chance.

Hibby 2005
22-08-2009, 08:23 AM
Given Bamba's personal problems I think he will be away sooner rather than later therefore Jan. or at the latest next summer will be the time he is sold. His value will, hopefully, have risen even more by then and Rod will have buyers lined up.

Also, if Bamba is the one, or his agent, going to the papers then he's keen to move.

YehButNoBut
22-08-2009, 08:37 AM
From todays football rumours :faf:

"Hull city have agreed a fee with Hibernian in Scotland, for the services of defender Sol Bamba and forward Derek Riordan.

The fee is believed to be around £1m for the two players. Both players agents are in talks over personal terms with the club.

Source – Hull city coaching staff.

well done Hull. a few more to strengthen before window closes would be great."

southfieldhibby
22-08-2009, 09:26 AM

Point of order!

I like Bamba, but he's not in the same class as Jones as a centre half.

NAE NOOKIE
22-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Anybody who saw Bamba play against Bolton will know he has what it takes to play in the lower end of the EPL. Even though it was a testimonial it wasnt played like one and he stood up really well against a huge ( in physical terms ) team.

If he is looking for a move coz of personal problems then fine, but I for one would be a bit peed off at him if he was just looking to bale out for the money after such a short time at ER.

If he can stick around for another year and play like he has been we could ask for £3,000,000 nae problem.

If he goes the team will be so wee we will be offering Snow White a job on the coaching staff.

:confused:

Leitherhibs
22-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Point of order!

I like Bamba, but he's not in the same class as Jones as a centre half.
Thats a ridiculous comment, He's had what a handful of games at centre half? His performance on saturday was as good as any that Jones turned in for Hibs, There is no way Jones could have covered for Hogg's errors the way Bamba did on saturday.

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Thats a ridiculous comment, He's had what a handful of games at centre half? His performance on saturday was as good as any that Jones turned in for Hibs, There is no way Jones could have covered for Hogg's errors the way Bamba did on saturday.

:top marks Jones has found his level, Bamba will go on to play at a much higher lever than Jones could ever imagine.

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2009, 10:04 AM
:top marks Jones has found his level, Bamba will go on to play at a much higher lever than Jones could ever imagine.

Agree that there is no comparison. Jones is a good backs-to-the-wall centre half, but Bamba is a class above that.