PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely gutted, no game for me today.

Jack
15-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Like everyone else I was so looking forward to watching the game today. Using my season ticket autographed by none other than Sir Tom and Uncle Rod (I know I’m just a big kid).

Now promise not to laugh!

Yesterday as I was getting off the lavvy there was a pain went shooting down my leg. I could barely walk and managed to get an appointment with the doc later in the afternoon. Sciatica. Last night I wasn’t too bad and was able to walk, albeit very carefully,

Got up this morning, well in fact I couldn’t get up. Every move brought on a blistering pain attack.

For the first time in my life I phoned NHS 24. All credit to them a doctor was round within an hour.

I’m now laid out here with morphine and a host of pain killers and diazepam and still the pain is excruciating and the ability to walk normally just a dream.

So I’ll not be meeting friends in Tamsons before the game or take up the invitation to go to the Hibs Club; I’ll not be watching the game from the bit where they all stand in the East, or indeed anywhere; I’ll not be meeting another great bunch of guys in the Coopers afterwards with our wee pub crawl up ER later.

I am well and truly gutted.

If anyone would care to make a suggestion that might get me to the game at least, I just cant think of one.

CalgaryHibs
15-08-2009, 10:10 AM
Sorry to here this mate, hope get betta soon,

oh byetheway can i have yoor ticket?:devil:

Frazerbob
15-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Sorry to hear that as well mate. If it's any consolation, I'm missing the game too. Got a bloody wedding this afternon in BANCHORY!! :yawn: It's not even anyone I know, it's a mate of the bird's. No happy!! :boo hoo:

NAE NOOKIE
15-08-2009, 10:12 AM
None O' yer mates got an auld wheelchair ?

Lets hope if you dont make it you miss a 10 goal thriller. 10 for us obviously.

Get weel soon

:greengrin

lyonhibs
15-08-2009, 10:22 AM
That's a right pisser Jack.

Hope you get better ASAP - in the meantime, I guess you'll just have the while away the hours posting pash on .net - so, no real change there then...........................:devil:

At least you have a valid, manly excuse. A mate of mine can't make it to the curtain raiser because his dad booked him up to pipe at a wedding without telling him, and to make it doubly painful, told the bride and groom he'd do it for free :faf: :faf:

Shouldn't laugh REALLY I suppose............:rolleyes::greengrin

GGTTH

hibbybrian
15-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Have you considered Chiropractic treatment?

Hibbyradge
15-08-2009, 10:25 AM
I’m now laid out here with morphine and a host of pain killers and diazepam .

It's not all bad then. :wink:

Green Man
15-08-2009, 10:28 AM
I’m now laid out here with morphine and a host of pain killers and diazepam

Typical Hibs fan :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
15-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Like everyone else I was so looking forward to watching the game today. Using my season ticket autographed by none other than Sir Tom and Uncle Rod (I know I’m just a big kid).

Yesterday as I was getting off the lavvy there was a pain went shooting down my leg. I could barely walk and managed to get an appointment with the doc later in the afternoon. Sciatica. Last night I wasn’t too bad and was able to walk, albeit very carefully,

Got up this morning, well in fact I couldn’t get up. Every move brought on a blistering pain attack.

For the first time in my life I phoned NHS 24. All credit to them a doctor was round within an hour.

I’m now laid out here with morphine and a host of pain killers and diazepam and still the pain is excruciating and the ability to walk normally just a dream.

So I’ll not be meeting friends in Tamsons before the game or take up the invitation to go to the Hibs Club; I’ll not be watching the game from the bit where they all stand in the East, or indeed anywhere; I’ll not be meeting another great bunch of guys in the Coopers afterwards with our wee pub crawl up ER later.

If anyone would care to make a suggestion that might get me to the game at least, I just cant think of one.

And the problem is?

Seriously, Jack, I've heard it's a terrible pain, my mother had it and it just takes its own time to go.

Hope you are well and back at ER soon.

Jack
15-08-2009, 10:58 AM
And the problem is?

Thanks everyone. :thumbsup:

A wheelchair is a great idea but I need to be able to move about – I’d look a bit like Andy from Little Britain!!!

The problem is Dashing Bob that my place in the temple of ER is under the gantry in the East, where we stand for the full game! I know its daft for a 52 year old to be there but ever since the 70s when I’m at ER I’ve always been there, or there abouts. I’ve only been in the West about 4 times in my life!

There's no way I could stand for the game and it would be incredibly unsafe even if I tried it.

Moulin Yarns
15-08-2009, 11:04 AM

A wheelchair is a great idea but I need to be able to move about – I’d look a bit like Andy from Little Britain!!!

The problem is Dashing Bob that my place in the temple of ER is under the gantry in the East, where we stand for the full game! I know its daft for a 52 year old to be there but ever since the 70s when I’m at ER I’ve always been there, or there abouts. I’ve only been in the West about 4 times in my life!

There's no way I could stand for the game and it would be incredibly unsafe even if I tried it.

there's wheelchair places at the front of the Famous Five Stand, get yersel' along :wink:

I'm missing it due to DIY today, HI for me :thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
15-08-2009, 11:10 AM

Not to worry jack, keep updated by the Hibs v St.Mirren thread. There's already a pertinent post on there for you.

Stantons Angel
15-08-2009, 11:24 AM
OUCH!
I can sympathise both with your pain and the need to get to the game today.

i too woke up unable to walk with pain shooting down my leg. Thought i was going to be like that all my life. NEVER felt pain like it. BUT still had to get to watch the Hibs...............

My saviour, in the shape of my son came along and ferried me to and from the games home and away. Through the pain came quiet relief when Hibs scored and i tried to forget the sheer agony i was in.

Our ticket office were marvellous, changing my season seat for a seat in the lower west stand till i got better. Eveywhere we were playing i approached the home club direct and was afforded every assistance they could give me. From car parking for my son's car near to the stadiums and complientary seats on the odd occasion (depending how far west we were playing).

It took me 3 months to rid myself of the pain, but the thought of missing my football would have made it a whole lot worse!

So cheer up, maybe one of your friends will understand what it will mean to you to miss the first game of the season. You never know a kind person on here may read your tale and offer you transport.?

All the best and watch how you go. Hope you get the pain under contol soon.
GGTH:wink:

Jack
15-08-2009, 11:41 AM
OUCH!
I can sympathise both with your pain and the need to get to the game today.

i too woke up unable to walk with pain shooting down my leg. Thought i was going to be like that all my life. NEVER felt pain like it. BUT still had to get to watch the Hibs...............

My saviour, in the shape of my son came along and ferried me to and from the games home and away. Through the pain came quiet relief when Hibs scored and i tried to forget the sheer agony i was in.

Our ticket office were marvellous, changing my season seat for a seat in the lower west stand till i got better. Eveywhere we were playing i approached the home club direct and was afforded every assistance they could give me. From car parking for my son's car near to the stadiums and complientary seats on the odd occasion (depending how far west we were playing).

It took me 3 months to rid myself of the pain, but the thought of missing my football would have made it a whole lot worse!

So cheer up, maybe one of your friends will understand what it will mean to you to miss the first game of the season. You never know a kind person on here may read your tale and offer you transport.?

All the best and watch how you go. Hope you get the pain under contol soon.
GGTH:wink:

3 months, jeez, I canny do that :boo hoo:

Transport isn't a problem, as bad as it is I only live 15 walk (although probably nearer double that now) from the ground.

jakki
15-08-2009, 12:13 PM
I've got a wheelchair you could borrow for a few weeks
PM me if it would help

Hibby D
15-08-2009, 12:17 PM
3 months, jeez, I canny do that :boo hoo:

Transport isn't a problem, as bad as it is I only live 15 walk (although probably nearer double that now) from the ground.

and by default ......... Tamsons :greengrin

PS: I'm not giving you a colly buckie up the road :faf:

Jack
15-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Cheers Marydoll.

I’m taking Stantons Angel advice for the moment, thank you Sir for coming up with that. I’ve decided to go to the ticket office about half 2, after all the season ticket rush is over hopefully, and plead my case for a temp seat in the West - at least for today.

Whatever happens I canny miss the game. Even if I have to leave early at least I will have tried. And at the end of the game, if I’m still there, then I’ll just let everyone go first and take my time.

So if you see someone in the West and they're not cheering and jumping about each time we score, its me :agree: not some yam infiltrator :greengrin

I'm feeling better already :xsmilesign

passionatehibby
15-08-2009, 12:28 PM
and by default ......... Tamsons :greengrin

PS: I'm not giving you a colly buckie up the road :faf:

Brilliant, not heard that saying in donkeys years .. :thumbsup:

Jack
15-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Jings, I’m feeling billions better now!!

Dropped the club an email, just after my OP, pleading my case and I’ve just had a phone call from Judith to say I can swap voucher 1 for a seat down the front of the West where I’ll be able to stretch out a wee bit and an email from Scott Lindsay hoping I enjoy the game!

… and the sun has just come out.

Truely is good to be a Hibby in Leith :greengrin

A huge thank you to the club.

Moulin Yarns
15-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Jings, I’m feeling billions better now!!

Dropped the club an email, just after my OP, pleading my case and I’ve just had a phone call from Judith to say I can swap voucher 1 for a seat down the front of the West where I’ll be able to stretch out a wee bit and an email from Scott Lindsay hoping I enjoy the game!

… and the sun has just come out.

Truely is good to be a Hibby in Leith :greengrin

A huge thank you to the club.

you'll have to stand for the minutes silence though

J-C
15-08-2009, 01:00 PM

I'm with you on this one Jack, I got a hip resurfacing op nearly 3 weeks ago, so Im recouperating at home for another 2-3 weeks, I'll be listening on radio Scotland via the web.

sleeping giant
15-08-2009, 02:18 PM

Sounds like a good day in to me:greengrin

Im missing the match too:boo hoo:
The boy had a tourny that ran way past its finishing time:grr:
I'nv not even picked up my tickets:grr:

CRAZYHIBBY
15-08-2009, 03:04 PM
what you describe sounds more like a slipped disc:agree:

Jack
16-08-2009, 09:47 AM
Well I was at the game and am very glad I didn’t miss it, I even managed a few cokes (the soft drink variety) afterwards with friends, went home and collapsed - in a nice sort of way.

I’d like to thank everyone for their good wishes, which made me feel somewhat humble, for the actions taken by the club to help me in my 90 minutes, plus injury time, of need, and for the slagging from the rest of you that sure cheered me up. Thanks everyone.

I could go on but wouldn't want to upset Lyonhibs with anymore pash! :rolleyes: