PDA

View Full Version : The Sun newspaper

KiddA
13-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Is The Sun newspaper having a laugh?

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/hibernian/

Toaods
13-08-2009, 07:40 PM
standard procedure to show the ground where you clocked up your funniest win...:greengrin

hibsdaft
13-08-2009, 08:09 PM
The press coverage was difficult to comprehend, particularly the publication of pictures which added to people's distress. There was one photograph of two girls right up against the Leppings Lane fence, their faces pressed into the wire. Nobody knows how they escaped. They used to come to Melwood every day, looking for autographs, and that photograph upset everyone there because we knew them. After seeing that I couldn't look at the papers again.

When the Sun came out with the story about Liverpool fans being drunk and unruly, underneath a headline 'The Truth,' the reaction on Merseyside was one of complete outrage. Newsagents stopped stocking the Sun. People wouldn't mention its name. They were burning copies of it. Anyone representing the Sun was abused. Sun reporters and photographers would lie, telling people they worked for the Liverpool Post and Echo. There was a lot of harassment of them because of what had been written. The Star had gone a bit strong as well but they apologised the next day. They knew the story had no foundation. Kelvin MacKenzie, the Sun's editor, even called me up.

“How can we correct the situation?” he said.

“You know that big headline – ‘The Truth’?” I replied. “All you have to do is put ‘We lied’ in the same size. Then you might be all right.”

Mackenzie said: “I cannot do that.”

“Well,” I replied, “I cannot help you then.”

That was it. I put the phone down.

Kenny Dalglish on the ****.

Hamish
13-08-2009, 08:19 PM
A disgrace of a newspaper. You would have to check the date on the front page to be sure they got that right.

Cabbage East
13-08-2009, 09:07 PM
The Sun can ****** right off.

Before this, and after this.

givescotlandfreedom
13-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Sums up Murdoch's vile rag.

Just Jimmy
13-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Wouldn't wipe my arse with it.

Jonnyboy
13-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Wouldn't wipe my arse with it.

Out of interest J, which newspapers would you use :faf:

Gatecrasher
13-08-2009, 10:25 PM
:faf:

Toaods
13-08-2009, 10:30 PM

The Mirror, if checking his Duke of Argyll's...:greengrin

Just Jimmy
13-08-2009, 10:41 PM

The Mirror, if checking his Duke of Argyll's...:greengrin

:greengrin

lyonhibs
13-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Am I missing something, but what - apart from the obvious fact its printed in the Sun - is wrong with the info on that link??

marinello59
13-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Am I missing something, but what - apart from the obvious fact its printed in the Sun - is wrong with the info on that link??

Absolutely nothing. Well apart from the minor detail of the ground they have chosen to depict that is.:greengrin

proud_and_green
13-08-2009, 10:50 PM

LH, this is surely a wah?

But i'll bite anyway, have a look at the pic in the link!

When was the last time you were at ER?

Hank Schrader
13-08-2009, 11:33 PM

If only your eyesight was as good as your vocabulary :wink:

Chuckie
13-08-2009, 11:37 PM
am i missing something, but what - apart from the obvious fact its printed in the sun - is wrong with the info on that link??

ltyf

garyrobertson85
13-08-2009, 11:38 PM
how can they be so stupid?
like the daily record today announcing the carling cup draw saying totenham are the holders:bitchy:

LiverpoolHibs
14-08-2009, 12:09 AM
The Sun can ****** right off.

Before this, and after this.

Couldn't put it better myself! I hate to do simplicities but, buy the Sun you're a ****bag. I've clicked the link so I'm probably both a ****bag and a hypocrite...

:top marks

You're definitely missing something!

monktonharp
14-08-2009, 02:40 AM
how can any decent minded,fairly sensible,law abiding,self respecting citizen of the whole universe even contenplate the extreme possibility of ever having the temerity or,nay, the probable nescessity to , buy,read or even glance at that f/kin lying manipulating rag,is unbelievable,and to all those that spend 10 or 11 or 12pence to get it,or whatever it costs these days,and to all those that also shove it up front,like some sort of badge at the top of their plasterers/jiners/brickies van,I laugh ,nay stick the 2 fingers up and jeer at your inept and innane thoughts and lack of self respect. here endith the sermon

lyonhibs
14-08-2009, 06:29 AM
HOW THE **** DID I MISS THAT!!!!!????!!!!?????

Jesus ****in' christ that's terrible - off to hang head in shame for approximately 15 years.

:grr::grr:

Oh, and for all the - admittedly justified - posters now dubious of my Hibby credentials, the last time I was at ER was for the PNE game and the next time will be for the St Mirren game :greengrin

Petrie's Tache
14-08-2009, 07:03 AM

Jesus ****in' christ that's terrible - off to hang head in shame for approximately 15 years.

Oh, and for all the - admittedly justified - posters now dubious of my Hibby credentials, the last time I was at ER was for the PNE game and the next time will be for the St Mirren game :greengrin

LTYF:greengrin

You should have been at Green day

Steve-O
14-08-2009, 07:06 AM

:faf:

Antifa Hibs
14-08-2009, 09:28 AM
If there not using our badge from 10 year ago they're putting that dump as our ground.

I wonder if they would put Ibrox as Celtics ground and vice versa? Would they buggery.

Fk the sun!

Seany HFC 7-0
14-08-2009, 09:33 AM
If there not using our badge from 10 year ago they're putting that dump as our ground.

I wonder if they would put Ibrox as Celtics ground and vice versa? Would they buggery.

Fk the sun!

Exactly!!!
Outrageous to put our badge next to that dump! :grr::grr::jamboak:

GGTTH

Dan Sarf
14-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Have a look at the new Daily Mirror football site. Just click on the Hibs badge and, er... nothing.

No news. No results. No interviews. Nada. Instead, on "our" page, there's a headline about Man City trying to buy someone for far too much money (ooh!) and a nice old picture of George Best playing for... Man United.

Obviously, I never buy the things but now (lead by Murdoch) they're seriously thinking of charging us for reading this garbage on-line? Yeah, that's sure to work. :bye:

Judas Iscariot
14-08-2009, 09:46 AM
ltyf

:jamboak:

:cool2:

:whistle:

Stevie Reid
14-08-2009, 11:48 AM

No surprise to find that it was Kelvin MacKenzie who presided over the most shameful episodes in that shameful newspapers' history.

He's a Scot-hating pr!ck, and his comments about not really being sorry about the Hillsborough headline a few years ago were disgusting

hibs1875aye
14-08-2009, 11:55 AM
No surprise to find that it was Kelvin MacKenzie who presided over the most shameful episodes in that shameful newspapers' history.

He's a Scot-hating pr!ck, and his comments about not really being sorry about the Hillsborough headline a few years ago were disgusting

Correct. Kenny Dalglish should have told him to **** off and ram his rag of a paper up his arse. McKenzie is nothing more than an uneducated fool, with nothing to say that anyone wants or needs to hear. He should have been given an almighty slap after publishing that pish when 96 football fans left to watch a game of football and come home in boxes.

007 Mickey Weir
14-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Thats terrible! joke of a rag!!

PETRIE GET IT SORTED!!!

dublinhfc
14-08-2009, 12:28 PM
how can any decent minded,fairly sensible,law abiding,self respecting citizen of the whole universe even contenplate the extreme possibility of ever having the temerity or,nay, the probable nescessity to , buy,read or even glance at that f/kin lying manipulating rag,is unbelievable,and to all those that spend 10 or 11 or 12pence to get it,or whatever it costs these days,and to all those that also shove it up front,like some sort of badge at the top of their plasterers/jiners/brickies van,I laugh ,nay stick the 2 fingers up and jeer at your inept and innane thoughts and lack of self respect. here endith the sermon

Extremely well put Mr Harp, shall i ask the paper laddie to change your subscription to the Star from this monday?

Toaods
14-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Extremely well put Mr Harp, shall i ask the paper laddie to change your subscription to the Star from this monday?

is it not a paper 'person' these days......:faf:

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Perhaps they have got yet another "exclusive".

Maybe Mr Petrie used the money we got for Rob Jones to buy the stadium! :greengrin

erin go bragh
14-08-2009, 01:40 PM

and had the famous leith san sero been painted pink :dizzy: easy mistake to make if your name is stevie wonder :greengrin srry a just couldnt help it

lyonhibs
14-08-2009, 05:05 PM
:jamboak:

:cool2:

:whistle:

:hilarious:hilarious You're nothing if not predictable :greengrin

Corstorphine Hibby
14-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Couldn't put it better myself! I hate to do simplicities but, buy the Sun you're a ****bag. I've clicked the link so I'm probably both a ****bag and a hypocrite...

Really?

[QUOTE]As I've said before (and been told I was out of order for saying it) I really, really hope someone shoots Nick Griffin. Point blank. In the face.

Oh aye, and **** Boris Johnson.

:rolleyes:

LiverpoolHibs
14-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Really?

:rolleyes:

:hilarious

Except that there isn't anything implicitly simplistic about either of those statements...

Albanian Hibs
14-08-2009, 08:41 PM
**** the sun :jamboak:

Corstorphine Hibby
15-08-2009, 06:22 PM
:hilarious

Except that there isn't anything implicitly simplistic about either of those statements...

Really?

My mistake.

I stand corrected.

Please accept my apologies.