PDA

View Full Version : Floods of Tears

Jack
10-08-2009, 12:20 PM
January

"It really is a tremendous honour to sign for a club of Celtic's stature.

"I have been a fan of Celtic all my life and this is a dream come true."

Flood made almost 70 appearances while on loan at Dundee United and was offered a permanent deal at Tannadice, but chose to join his boyhood heroes.

"This is an exciting challenge and one which I am really looking forward to," Flood added.

"I will be joining a great group of players and I will be giving everything I can to make as big a contribution as possible to Celtic.

"I hope to play my part in achieving more and more success for the club and its supporters."

August

Flood, signed by Gordon Strachan, has yet to feature in a competitive match under new Celtic boss Tony Mowbray.

"I'll keep my head down and hopefully catch the manager's eye. But if I'm not involved by January, I will have to speak to the manager," said Flood.

He played in Celtic's 2-1 friendly defeat by Manchester City on Saturday and admitted he was frustrated over his lack of competitive action.

"If you go from playing week in, week out to being a bit-part player, it can be frustrating," added Flood. "You get frustrated with yourself and things around you.

When will they ever learn its not about signing for the ugly sisters and playing its about weakening the opposition and keeping them from playing for the opposition, among many other things detrimental to their career.

--------
10-08-2009, 12:24 PM
When will they ever learn its not about signing for the ugly sisters and playing its about weakening the opposition and keeping them from playing for the opposition, among many other things detrimental to their career.

How many 'life-long fans of Celtic' have signed for them, sat on the bench (if they've been that lucky) and then left in tears because they weren't given a game?

My heart bleeds for him. :rolleyes:

CABBAGE & RIBS
10-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Celtic have only had 2 competitive games under mowbray.

--------
10-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Celtic have only had 2 competitive games under mowbray.

Getting his whinge in early, I expect.... :devil:

Cod Boy
10-08-2009, 12:34 PM
the old firm will never change players who play well and are a threat to them they sign then stick them on the bench

Broken Gnome
10-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Willo Flood signing for Celtic was the laziest transfer ever conducted.