PDA

View Full Version : Beehive on saturday

brownlies bits
09-08-2009, 07:51 PM
:thumbsup:Just home fom Bolton was at the Beehive pub on saturday before game thought atmosphere was great, the bar staff worked their buts off , hope somebody passes on a thank you to them . Great to see all the Lancashire Hibbies there. Even met a guy i went to school with now stays in Wigan good Hibby. :top marks

only one gripe £3 for a ham roll ,they took the masks off later on and dropped the price to a £1

CalgaryHibs
09-08-2009, 07:56 PM
sounds like a good time doon south.

All the Hibbys who attended the game i herad yoo all singing here in Canada!

well done:top marks

CallumLaidlaw
09-08-2009, 07:56 PM
great atmosphere in there. And at the stadium. And on the trains there and back. Well done hibees!!! :thumbsup:

weststand1973
09-08-2009, 08:11 PM
:thumbsup:Just home fom Bolton was at the Beehive pub on saturday before game thought atmosphere was great, the bar staff worked their buts off , hope somebody passes on a thank you to them . Great to see all the Lancashire Hibbies there. Even met a guy i went to school with now stays in Wigan good Hibby. :top marks

only one gripe £3 for a ham roll ,they took the masks off later on and dropped the price to a £1

Was there too:thumbsup: great turnout from the hibees, clearly a GREAT time was had by all:top marks

LancashireHibby
09-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Even met a guy i went to school with now stays in Wigan good Hibby. :top marks

Ugly sod though :thumbsup:

woody47
09-08-2009, 08:39 PM

Bar staff was great. Guy behind the bar had a good laugh at some of the songs expecially 10 men couldnae carry and Amir Khan w *nk w *nk w &*nk. Even the bouncers were good homoured:thumbsup:
Booze was fairly cheap - 4 pints fosters and 4 John smiths = £16.98.

Great day :top marks:agree:

Ell_Chrisso
09-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Just back from Bolton an hour ago..

Have to say, that was a top weekend. Stayed in the Premier Inn which was attached to the Beehive last night, and was in the pub pre match and after match, and thought the atmosphere was f***in fantastic!

The support we took down there this weekend was brillant! Couldnt fault our effort for the top keepers testimonial, just a shame the locals found it hard to show face :confused:

in other words, what a CRAP support they had! not only in numbers, but for atmosphere aswell.

if it werent for us, it had been a library in that place!

Spoke to the pub manager this morning in the beehive, and he was also commenting on the fact they did not expect the attendance they got at the pub on saturday.. and that most premiership teams dont bring half the amount of support we had down there.

He also mentioned the biggest away crowd that normally goes to Bolton will be man u, newcastle, or sunderland, and that they normally turn over around 4-5 grand in the day..

he hit 9 grand yesterday from us Alcoholics! :faf:

Top weekend fellow Hibee-ers! Bring on Saturday!

p.s 10 men Couldnae carry.... :wink:

LancashireHibby
09-08-2009, 08:47 PM
in other words, what a CRAP support they had! not only in numbers, but for atmosphere aswell.
It's ever dwindling - Megson is as close to Mixu as you're ever going to get. In fact, I actually thought yesterday was a good turnout considering John McGinlay only got 12,000 for his testimonial, albeit with dire away support.

if it werent for us, it had been a library in that place!
Bar the odd game, it's always like that.

Spoke to the pub manager this morning in the beehive, and he was also commenting on the fact they did not expect the attendance they got at the pub on saturday.. and that most premiership teams dont bring half the amount of support we had down there.
There isn't the same 'bus' culture down here, to be quite honest. When go away with Bolton, we tend to just go straight to the ground.

Sure they were happy of the custom though. Turns out one of the bouncers was a lad who I used to go to school with.

Ed De Gramo
09-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Were turned away from the Beehive by the bouncer...apparently there were too many mental Hibees in there already :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Went to Barnstormers which was down the road from Beehive (was told by a local that Barnstormers is the main football pub on match day for Bolton fans)

Great pub and some cracking bevvy and grub on offer :thumbsup:

Removed
09-08-2009, 08:50 PM
If you boys think the Beehive was good, you should have been at the Westhoughton S&S Club, it was barry - pure mental :wink:

Hibs90
09-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Were turned away from the Beehive by the bouncer...apparently there were too many mental Hibees in there already :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Went to Barnstormers which was down the road from Beehive (was told by a local that Barnstormers is the main football pub on match day for Bolton fans)

Great pub and some cracking bevvy and grub on offer :thumbsup:

Was that the one that was next to a line of shops? Thats where we went. Much easier to get served. The banter when the munters that walked past was quality. :agree:

LancashireHibby
09-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Was that the one that was next to a line of shops? Thats where we went. Much easier to get served. The banter when the munters that walked past was quality. :agree:

Doesn't sound like it, Barnstormers is a bit nearer the ground. In fact, I always thought it was a home fans only pub (walked past it after getting off the bus on the way to the Beehive)

Hibs90
09-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Doesn't sound like it, Barnstormers is a bit nearer the ground. In fact, I always thought it was a home fans only pub (walked past it after getting off the bus on the way to the Beehive)

There was another one just along the road from the Beehive. I must be thinking of the wrong place.

Ell_Chrisso
09-08-2009, 08:57 PM
It's ever dwindling - Megson is as close to Mixu as you're ever going to get. In fact, I actually thought yesterday was a good turnout considering John McGinlay only got 12,000 for his testimonial, albeit with dire away support.

Bar the odd game, it's always like that.

There isn't the same 'bus' culture down here, to be quite honest. When go away with Bolton, we tend to just go straight to the ground.

Sure they were happy of the custom though. Turns out one of the bouncers was a lad who I used to go to school with.

i understand everything your saying. im not really having a right go at the bolton support etc, im just saying that for example, if hibs had a testimonial for say, ian murray at the end of his career, against premiership opposition, u would get a full house, not just for the game, but to show respect to a player thats served the club well. (bar joining huns)

Jussi Jaaskalienin, or however you spell his name, lol. Deserved a full house there, full of voice. Hes a top goalkeeper, and deserved a sell out, for his services to Bolton FC.

Apart from the corner of yobs, there was no atmosphere at all anywhere in the ground... i honestly cant remember a song sung by the bolton support around the ground, which is pretty embarassing on there behalf.

what i do appreciate, and respect from there support, is the fact that they are in an area, where every single one of there support could easily support your man u's liverpool's even blackburn etc, and they follow there home team!

LancashireHibby
09-08-2009, 09:00 PM
i understand everything your saying. im not really having a right go at the bolton support etc, im just saying that for example, if hibs had a testimonial for say, ian murray at the end of his career, against premiership opposition, u would get a full house, not just for the game, but to show respect to a player thats served the club well. (bar joining huns)

Jussi Jaaskalienin, or however you spell his name, lol. Deserved a full house there, full of voice. Hes a top goalkeeper, and deserved a sell out, for his services to Bolton FC.

Apart from the corner of yobs, there was no atmosphere at all anywhere in the ground... i honestly cant remember a song sung by the bolton support around the ground, which is pretty embarassing on there behalf.

what i do appreciate, and respect from there support, is the fact that they are in an area, where every single one of there support could easily support your man u's liverpool's even blackburn etc, and they follow there home team!

When it comes down to it, yesterday was a friendly. There's barely any atmosphere at the majority of the Prem games, so it was hardly likely to be rocking yesterday.

Ell_Chrisso
09-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Why is that tho?
Its supposed to be the best league in the world...
Surely the support should be more enthusiastic, and enjoy going to the football, for atmosphere aswell as the game..

Do you attend premiership games, aswell as supporting the Cabbage?:thumbsup:

LancashireHibby
09-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Why is that tho?
Its supposed to be the best league in the world...
Surely the support should be more enthusiastic, and enjoy going to the football, for atmosphere aswell as the game..

Do you attend premiership games, aswell as supporting the Cabbage?:thumbsup:

The lack of atmosphere at a lot of Prem games is exactly the same as a lack of it at SPL - sick of playing the same old clubs, playing the same old tactics, with the same old teams running away with the pots at the end of the season.

I used to have a season ticket at Burnden Park and the Reebok up until I lef college 5 years ago, but only went to four BWFC games last year (Northampton and Portsmouth being the only home games at a total outlay of £11!) and 3 Hibs ones. Much prefer going to non-league these days.

silverhibee
09-08-2009, 09:36 PM
:thumbsup:Stayed in the hotel next to the Beehive on the Friday night, done a wee bit shopping the next morning then headed to the Beehive for about 12 o'clock and stayed till about 2 o'clock, a good few buds were downed in the two hours i was there, great atmosphere from the Hibs fans there, and at one point the whole place was rocking with some good Hibby songs, thanked the manager for a good time when wee left to go to the ground, and he said wee would be welcome back any time.
Well done to every body for a great time there, all good natured fun.:thumbsup::hnet:
Enjoyed the game and headed home later on that night, down side was the trouble straight after the game from the known faces,:cool2:, and the trouble in the shopping mall as well, not what you want to see when you have had a great day out supporting the famous Hibs.
Roll on next week where it starts for real.
Good luck to Yogi and Hibs players for the season ahead.:agree::thumbsup::thumbsup:

MacBean
09-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Like Ell Chrisso above - my cousin who i travelled & stayed with,
have to say that the beehive was absolutely brilliant, songs galore and plenty of friendly banter between the staff and the hibees.

I think i heard 10 men couldnae carry about 30 times in the 3 hours i was there before the game. (in the middle of uploading one rendition on Youtube just now - will post link later)

Have to make a mention to the short, "big", early 20's girl behind the bar in the red shirt that was workin there.

She was working until 8 this morning and back in bright and breazy at midday to serve us our lunch befor heading up the road again!

great day out and i look forward to any future road trips to EPL teams we may have.:top marks

GGTH

MacBean
09-08-2009, 10:47 PM
as promised above...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JBoWrqXlvk

:thumbsup:

Chuckie
10-08-2009, 12:38 AM
I thought the atmosphere in The Beehive was piss poor and muted, and that is being kind.

Seemed to be full of boring old overweight farts in their 40's with replica shirts on sipping pints and chatting politely.

The Greenwood Arms along the road was much more fun.

bazmcm
10-08-2009, 08:36 AM
Thought the Beehive was superb, stayed in the hotel on the saturday got up on sunday morning and once the bar opened we started all over again had a few games of darts and pool, chatted to the staff etc... think we must have been last to leave as our train wasn't till half 4.
Just as we were waiting outside for taxi to train station we were talking to the chef that does the breakfasts in the morning ( he had england top on ) when some muppet with a bolton top on and bolton tattoo came up to us and said "CAN I JUST SAY SOMETHING... YOU LOT WERE THE WORST EVER SUPPORT HE HAS EVER SEEN AT THE REEBOK AND WE ARE NOT WELCOME BACK" our jaws hit the floor and i thought one of my mates was going to clobber him, think the only thing that saved him was his 7 or 8 year old daughter came up crying saying "daddy dont start trouble".
Thing is we were in there all day and he waited until we were leaving before he had the balls to confront us, the chef guy was genuinly embarrased and said he would have a word with him once we were gone.
Didnt ruin a good weekend though although im still rough just now writing this.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2009, 09:07 AM
I thought the atmosphere in The Beehive was piss poor and muted, and that is being kind.

Seemed to be full of boring old overweight farts in their 40's with replica shirts on sipping pints and chatting politely.

Well i fall into that category, i fart a lot, i am 49 and had a replica toffs shirt on. And i had a great time catching up with people i had not seen for ages. We drank, we sang, we had a bloody good time. We also had a great time on the friday night too. Perhaps i'm to old to have a good time, and should be tucked up and bed with a milky drink, leaving the younger ones to have the good time.:confused:

flash
10-08-2009, 09:13 AM

What a graceless, classless post.

oldbutdim
10-08-2009, 12:38 PM

Actually I'm a bit older than that.
Mind and make yourself known the next time, although I should be able to pick you out no bother as you will be the life and soul of the party.
:rolleyes:
And the missus thought I'd lost a bit of my belly so you've no idea just how hurt I feel now.
:boo hoo:

Jonnyboy
10-08-2009, 12:49 PM

I'll take the bit in bold as a compliment whereas the rest of your post is true to type in your usually poor attempts to be funny/controversial

iwasthere1972
10-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Thought the Beehive was superb, stayed in the hotel on the saturday got up on sunday morning and once the bar opened we started all over again had a few games of darts and pool, chatted to the staff etc... think we must have been last to leave as our train wasn't till half 4.
Just as we were waiting outside for taxi to train station we were talking to the chef that does the breakfasts in the morning ( he had england top on ) when some muppet with a bolton top on and bolton tattoo came up to us and said "CAN I JUST SAY SOMETHING... YOU LOT WERE THE WORST EVER SUPPORT HE HAS EVER SEEN AT THE REEBOK AND WE ARE NOT WELCOME BACK" our jaws hit the floor and i thought one of my mates was going to clobber him, think the only thing that saved him was his 7 or 8 year old daughter came up crying saying "daddy dont start trouble".
Thing is we were in there all day and he waited until we were leaving before he had the balls to confront us, the chef guy was genuinly embarrased and said he would have a word with him once we were gone.
Didnt ruin a good weekend though although im still rough just now writing this.

Well i fall into that category, i fart a lot, i am 49 and had a replica toffs shirt on. And i had a great time catching up with people i had not seen for ages. We drank, we sang, we had a bloody good time. We also had a great time on the friday night too. Perhaps i'm to old to have a good time, and should be tucked up and bed with a milky drink, leaving the younger ones to have the good time.:confused:

What a graceless, classless post.

Actually I'm a bit older than that.
Mind and make yourself known the next time, although I should be able to pick you out no bother as you will be the life and soul of the party.
:rolleyes:
And the missus thought I'd lost a bit of my belly so you've no idea just how hurt I feel now.
:boo hoo:

:top marks Must say that I was surprised that "party animal" Chuckie made those stupid remarks especially after reading various reviews about the great time everyone had at the Beehive. Maybe he doesn't know that you don't have to be singing and dancing on bar tables and dropping your knickers to have a good time. From what I can tell he just likes to be controversial even if it doesn't include telling the facts.

Sounded like you all had a great time in Bolton and well done. :agree:

Ell_Chrisso
10-08-2009, 01:02 PM

must be mistaken, but all the guys out the front with us, were in there teens, to late thirties, majority anyway.

if the atmoshpere, and build up at the beehive wasnt good enough, i really dont know what is?

considering they normally turn over between 4-5 grand from a big premiership away crowd, and they hit 9 grand with us, shows u how busy it was, and how much we can also drink them under the table :wink:

MoantheCabbage
10-08-2009, 01:38 PM
:thumbsup:Although I didnt make the beehive I thought Bolton was an excellent trip away everyone seemed in good spirits. Glad to see hibs finding their voice and singing their lungs out.

Hopefully we can carry the noise into the SPL as ER has become a bit of a graveyard at times.

Funny reading some fans having a go at Bolton support for not singing when at ER its only the terracing that attempts any songs at all. Lets all get together and get behind the team in one voice, anyone who does like a sing song who sit in the FF and West try and get the people next to you singing and make ER the noisiest ground in the SPL.

Heres hoping

iwasthere1972
10-08-2009, 01:44 PM
:thumbsup:Although I didnt make the beehive I thought Bolton was an excellent trip away everyone seemed in good spirits. Glad to see hibs finding their voice and singing their lungs out.

Hopefully we can carry the noise into the SPL as ER has become a bit of a graveyard at times.

Funny reading some fans having a go at Bolton support for not singing when at ER its only the terracing that attempts any songs at all. Lets all get together and get behind the team in one voice, anyone who does like a sing song who sit in the FF and West try and get the people next to you singing and make ER the noisiest ground in the SPL.

Heres hoping

Be prepared to :duck:

It'll never catch on.

mixuok
10-08-2009, 01:56 PM
best laugh ive had for ages :top markswhore o a hangover tht

Storar
10-08-2009, 02:17 PM

I'm so disappointed in someone I thought was my friend. You have let myself, your team mates, your fellow suporters, your club and most of all yourself down with this utterly classless, graceless and disgusting post.

Removed
10-08-2009, 02:34 PM
I'm so disappointed in someone I thought was my friend. You have let myself, your team mates, your fellow suporters, your club and most of all yourself down with this utterly classless, graceless and disgusting post.

:agree:

And to think I welcomed you into my home as well

Chuckie
10-08-2009, 02:41 PM

:faf:

Albanian Hibs
10-08-2009, 04:28 PM
:top marks Brilliant weekend. Stayed at the Premier Inn west on the Sat night. Was in the Beehive at 11am and stayed there right up until kick off. What a laugh and atmosphere. Went back after the game, then went into town for a bit, then came back later when they had a karaoke/"disco" on - quality end to the day :thumbsup:

PS To the guy who gave me his fez and a goodnight kiss :greengrin - hey how you doing?! :greengrin

Albanian Hibs
10-08-2009, 04:30 PM

:bitchy: is this a wind up?

Riordans Boots
10-08-2009, 04:44 PM

Really? Were you on drugs or something? :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8iBbSyN_u8

Storar
10-08-2009, 05:28 PM

:hilarious

Cabbage East
10-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Beehive was a good bounce.

Well done to you all for rising to Chuckie's blatant noise up.

flash
10-08-2009, 06:20 PM

Thanks for using my post so imaginatively.

ArabHibee
10-08-2009, 08:10 PM

That'll be you in 10 years time Chuckie. Well, maybe not the chatting politely bit. :tee hee:

Really? Were you on drugs or something? :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8iBbSyN_u8

He don't do that no more, he's got a heart condition, doncha know? :nerd:

ArabHibee
10-08-2009, 08:11 PM

And to think i welcomed you into my home as well

:tumble: :LOL:

Jonnyboy
10-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Beehive was a good bounce.

Well done to you all for rising to Chuckie's blatant noise up.

Which one? And under which name?

Jonnyboy
10-08-2009, 09:48 PM

:faf:

:tumble: :LOL:

:yawn:

cocopops1875
10-08-2009, 10:06 PM
delighted you had fun chuckie wearing my replica shirt is all part of going to the game for me, just wish i could dress in black and be as good as you :wink:

hibeerobbo
11-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Beehive was murder.. We walked in sang the Nade song then walked along to the the greenwood arms to noise that up.. brilliant...

Jonnyboy
11-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Beehive was murder.. We walked in sang the Nade song then walked along to the the greenwood arms to noise that up.. brilliant...

So you stayed long enough to sing one song but have decided the Beehive was murder? Or do you mean it was so busy with Hibbies enjoying their day out that trying to get served was murder?

MacBean
11-08-2009, 02:24 PM

Think i have a video of you guys singing that (see post further up), you did just seem to come in and then head back out roughly about 12.30.

the Beehive was bouncing for a good hour before the game.

Chuckie
11-08-2009, 04:39 PM
delighted you had fun chuckie wearing my replica shirt is all part of going to the game for me, just wish i could dress in black and be as good as you :wink:

You were better dressed than me, thriving about sexually in your kilt..

cocopops1875
15-08-2009, 11:34 PM
You were better dressed than me, thriving about sexually in your kilt..come to the race night big boy you never know your luck :greengrin