PDA

View Full Version : NHC Europa Draw

Baldy
07-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Yams get Dinamo Zagreb (they play away from home in first leg)

PAOK (Gre) v Heerenveen
Dinamo Zagreb v Hearts
Werder Bremen v Aktobe (Kazakstan)
Everton v Sigma Olomuc
Bate Borisov v Litek lovec

NAC Breda v Villareal
Lech Poznan v Club Brugges
Fulham v Amkar Perm (rus)
Galatasaray v Levadia Tallin
Teplice v Tel Aviv

M. Donetsk v Austria Wien
FC Twente v FK Garabag (azer)
AS Roma v MFK Kosice
Dinamo Moscow v CSKA Sofia
KRC Genk v Lille

PSV v Yehuda Tel aviv
Lazio v Elfsborg
Trebzonspor v Toulouse
Partizan Belgrade v MSK Zilina
Bake v Basle

Ajax v Slovan Brastislavia
Shaktar Donetsk v Sivasspor
Brondby v Hertha Berlin
Athletico Bilbao v Tromso IL
FK Sarajevo v Cluj

Rapid Vienna v Aston Villa
Steaua Bucharest v St Pats
Sparta Prague v Maribor
Zenit St Petersburg v CD Nacional
Genoa v Odense

Dinamo Bucharest v Slovan Liberec
Guingamp v Hamburg
FC Sion v Fenerbache
Stum Graz v Metalist Kharkiv

Slavia Prague v Red Star Belgrade
Benfica v Vorskola Poltava (Ukr)
Vaslui (rom) v AEK Athens
Staebek v Valencia

Cameron1875
07-08-2009, 11:42 AM
good:agree:

glad they didnt get a glamorous tie but still be really tough match. hope they get pumped:greengrin

roondheid
07-08-2009, 11:43 AM

Croatian opposition. Should be too strong i would suggest. :agree:

Frazerbob
07-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Very tough game, hope they get gubbed. What a trip for deluded fans though. Hamburg a couple of weeks ago, now Zagreb. Lucky barstewards!!

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Homos out...no question, they will lose both games, put your cash on it now

:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2009, 11:47 AM
good:agree:

glad they didnt get a glamorous tie but still be really tough match. hope they get pumped:greengrin

The ideal draw. :agree:

Hibercelona
07-08-2009, 11:49 AM
I thought they were just going to hand the cup over to Hearts?

Surely they could all save themselves the time and embarrassment of being pumped by the future reigning champions of the world?

How many years have we been waiting now?

Not to worry.... all apart of there BIG master plan....... im sure.....

Potty78
07-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Zagreb is a great trip, was there with Scotland a few years back.Very hostile fans though,hope they get pumped:thumbsup:

Engels74
07-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Champions of Croatia but lost to Salzberg in the CL qualifiers. Great draw!!:agree: One of the Kovac brothers play for them

http://www.footballdatabase.eu/football.club.dinamo-zagreb..309..en.html

brythehibby
07-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Pretty tough draw for them, shame that is :greengrin

:jamboak:

JoeTortolanoFanClub
07-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Zagreb is a great city. It'll cost a fortune to get there though. The atmosphere in the stadium will be very intimidating.

Andy74
07-08-2009, 12:02 PM
I think in the last 2 years at this stage they have put out Ajax and then Sparta Prague. Obviously Hearts are bigger than those teams but it's a tough draw.

scott7_0(Prague)
07-08-2009, 12:04 PM
I think in the last 2 years at this stage they have put out Ajax and then Sparta Prague. Obviously Hearts are bigger than those teams but it's a tough draw.

Hearts bigger than Ajax and Sparta, hope you meant that as tongue and cheek :greengrin

down the slope
07-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Some of them think they are through already-the delusion continues.

hibs1875aye
07-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Hearts bigger than Ajax and Sparta, hope you meant that as tongue and cheek :greengrin

They are the big team are they not? Also, did I not read somewhere they have 400,000 fans. With statements like this, and that kind of fan base, surely they will be taking on Barca, Real etc and winning the Champions League in 3 years. Or has that little goal expired yet? Again, I forget :confused::greengrin

Jack
07-08-2009, 12:15 PM
2 games into their season they are top with 6 points and a goal difference of +10 (7-1 & 4-0), narrowly booted out the CL by Red Bull Salzburg (1-1 & 1-2) I suspect by the time they meet Hahahearts DZ they will be ready to give them a lesson they’ll not forget.

jgl07
07-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Dimano Zagreb is about the worst draw that Hearts could have received.

Werder Bremen would have been equally tough but Hearts would have received a bonanza from TV money. Much the same for Everton.

Heerenveen (pronounced Heerberniaan) and Litex may have not been as tough.

Albanian Hibs
07-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Hard draw for them against a good team. Hope they get ****ed :agree:

GieTheBaTaeReilly
07-08-2009, 01:43 PM
The atmosphere in the stadium will be very intimidating.

:top markshttp://www.daylife.com/photo/0dFD2Ml95J8vR :wink:

EH7
07-08-2009, 01:52 PM

Dashing Bob S
07-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Think of it from Zagreb's point of view. Depending on the outcome of the tie on the 20th August, they may face the Inland Revenue. It's enough to make you want to learn Serbo-Cro-at.

--------
07-08-2009, 02:02 PM

PAOK (Gre) v Heerenveen
Dinamo Zagreb v Hearts
Werder Bremen v Aktobe (Kazakstan)
Everton v Sigma Olomuc
Bate Borisov v Litek lovec

NAC Breda v Villareal
Lech Poznan v Club Brugges
Fulham v Amkar Perm (rus)
Galatasaray v Levadia Tallin
Teplice v Tel Aviv

M. Donetsk v Austria Wien
FC Twente v FK Garabag (azer)
AS Roma v MFK Kosice
Dinamo Moscow v CSKA Sofia
KRC Genk v Lille

PSV v Yehuda Tel aviv
Lazio v Elfsborg
Trebzonspor v Toulouse
Partizan Belgrade v MSK Zilina
Bake v Basle

Ajax v Slovan Brastislavia
Shaktar Donetsk v Sivasspor
Brondby v Hertha Berlin
Athletico Bilbao v Tromso IL
FK Sarajevo v Cluj

Rapid Vienna v Aston Villa
Steaua Bucharest v St Pats
Sparta Prague v Maribor
Zenit St Petersburg v CD Nacional
Genoa v Odense

Dinamo Bucharest v Slovan Liberec
Guingamp v Hamburg
FC Sion v Fenerbache
Stum Graz v Metalist Kharkiv

Slavia Prague v Red Star Belgrade
Benfica v Vorskola Poltava (Ukr)
Vaslui (rom) v AEK Athens
Staebek v Valencia

Have I got it right that the winners of these ties form the 8 groups that provide 24 of the last 32 of the Europa League, the other 8 being the 3rd-place teams from the Champions' League?

In other words, if the Yams win, they have at least four more games? And if they lose, they'll have had their Cup for yet another year?

Wembley67
07-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Hope their fans get battered.

How childish am I :rolleyes::dummytit::dummytit::dummytit:

crash
07-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Have I got it right that the winners of these ties form the 8 groups that provide 24 of the last 32 of the Europa League, the other 8 being the 3rd-place teams from the Champions' League?

In other words, if the Yams win, they have at least four more games? And if they lose, they'll have had their Cup for yet another year?

No, if they win they will have six more games. On the plus side Zagreb are a quality team:bye:

Sprouleflyer
07-08-2009, 02:28 PM

Excellent post :thumbsup:

Is the full stop a symbol to mark the end of Hearts European campaign for this season?

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Excellent post :thumbsup:

Is the full stop a symbol to mark the end of Hearts European campaign for this season?

:agree: It was a good point he made.

--------
07-08-2009, 02:33 PM
No, if they win they will have six more games. On the plus side Zagreb are a quality team:bye:

Six? As in, 4-team sections playing home and away?

Right Zagreb better win then. :devil:

FAO EH7: as a Hearts supporter, i think you'd find a colon more appropraite than a full stop. :cool2:

EH7
07-08-2009, 02:38 PM
:agree: It was a good point he made.

:greengrin

I posted in response to down the slope saying 'some of them think they're through already' asking if he meant the very obviously tongue in cheek thread on kickback about our easy progress. Decided not to get involved though - still going to try.

FAO EH7: as a Hearts supporter, i think you'd find a colon more appropraite than a full stop.

More appropriate than you may think - I had mine taken out 6 months ago! :boo hoo::duck:

lapsedhibee
07-08-2009, 02:42 PM
No, if they win they will have six more games.
Yes, 38 winners of today's ties plus 10 rejects from the CL make up twelve groups of four, with H&A fixtures.

Not clear to me why the ties announced today are grouped into six groups of 5 and two groups of 4 though - what's the significance of these groupings? :confused:

NOLA
07-08-2009, 02:50 PM
are dinamo zagreb the club that used to have Boban,Prosinecki and Suker?

keyser Soze
07-08-2009, 02:58 PM
are dinamo zagreb the club that used to have Boban,Prosinecki and Suker?

Aye.

Modric, Kranjcar, Eduardo, Corluka, Simic, Viduka and Balaban aswell.

--------
07-08-2009, 03:02 PM

I posted in response to down the slope saying 'some of them think they're through already' asking if he meant the very obviously tongue in cheek thread on kickback about our easy progress. Decided not to get involved though - still going to try.

More appropriate than you may think - I had mine taken out 6 months ago! :boo hoo::duck:

OOPSIE! My apologies.

Is that the process usually referred to as decolonisation?

Seriously, my apologies, and sympathy. Me and my big mouth - as the actress said to the bishop. :devil:

lyonhibs
07-08-2009, 03:06 PM
The ideal draw. :agree:

:agree: :agree:

Like us against Dnipro - no glamour involved on an international scale, but the opposition will (I assume??) be further into their season and contain vastly superior players (technically) that will simply pass and move around the Yams "Crush and grind'em" style of play.

A great away trip though, but I can't see them getting a result either over there or at Crimecastle.

Mind, I said the same thing before the went away to Bordeaux :cool2:

MacBean
07-08-2009, 03:19 PM
coulda been a lot worse for the yams.
A good away result 0-0/1-0 could prove a good thing for them... unfortunately

EH7
07-08-2009, 03:51 PM
OOPSIE! My apologies.

No need whatsoever to apologise bud, I just thought it was a very appropriate post.

heretoday
07-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Hearts will get tanked. Croatians are tough old boots.

jgl07
07-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Yes, 38 winners of today's ties plus 10 rejects from the CL make up twelve groups of four, with H&A fixtures.

Not clear to me why the ties announced today are grouped into six groups of 5 and two groups of 4 though - what's the significance of these groupings? :confused:
What else does 38 divide into?

lapsedhibee
07-08-2009, 04:54 PM
What else does 38 divide into?

Divides into 76 and 114, I know that much, but any number bigger than that's just a blur. Probably divides into 400,000 and 51million too, but I'm just a wee teamer and such sums are beyond my wildest imagination.

My point was that these 6 fives and 2 fours are not the groups for the next (league) stage of the tournament - so what are the ties grouped for? Why is there not just a single list of 38 ties? :confused: