PDA

View Full Version : Riordan back with Squad

graemegyle
07-08-2009, 10:52 AM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hughes-urges-Riordan-to-put.5533579.jp :thumbsup:

hibs1875aye
07-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Over an hour has passed and dozens of specultative replies aren't here around why he is with the squad! Good news is more boring and less interesting than good old fashioned gossip about transfers/rehab and junk like that.

Nice one. Hopefully he scores double what he scored last season which is what he's paid to do. No more, no less and I'll be delighted. :agree:

Hibercelona
07-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Over an hour has passed and dozens of specultative replies aren't here around why he is with the squad! Good news is more boring and less interesting than good old fashioned gossip about transfers/rehab and junk like that.

Nice one. Hopefully he scores double what he scored last season which is what he's paid to do. No more, no less and I'll be delighted. :agree:

Hopefully he starts scoring doubles instead of drinking them.

--------
07-08-2009, 12:44 PM

He's with the squad because he's a signed player and we have a game in Bolton coming up, for which he will be needed.

Like it or not, this is a football forum and the question of our most talented player being disciplined by the club and then possibly seen in Southampton (clinic? transfer?) seems to be a reasonable subject for discussion.

More so than some of the stuff that some folks come out with at times. :cool2:

sevenil
07-08-2009, 01:10 PM
I heard something the other day* from a reporter expressing his amazement at how Chelsea fans had quietly accepted John Terry's recent ridiculous statement and his dithering these past weeks, over his suggested transfer to ManC.

His conclusion was that fitba fans never cease to amaze with their ability to gloss over the actions (or behaviour) of one of their heroes, when it would be unacceptable from anyone else.

Seems to me we've been seeing an identical blinkered reaction on this very board recently, with regard to someone's nocturnal habits.

* Football Weekly podcast from the Guardian - good stuff, but they never mention the hibees.

--------
07-08-2009, 01:37 PM
I heard something the other day* from a reporter expressing his amazement at how Chelsea fans had quietly accepted John Terry's recent ridiculous statement and his dithering these past weeks, over his suggested transfer to ManC.

His conclusion was that fitba fans never cease to amaze with their ability to gloss over the actions (or behaviour) of one of their heroes, when it would be unacceptable from anyone else.

Seems to me we've been seeing an identical blinkered reaction on this very board recently, with regard to someone's nocturnal habits.

* Football Weekly podcast from the Guardian - good stuff, but they never mention the hibees.

I think you're right.

There those who get away with nothing, and those who can do no wrong.

O'Connor made a prize numpty of himself on many occasions, but IIRC he never lacked for defenders on this and other forums.

Brian Hamilton, who I watched on numerous occasions putting in a solid shift in midfield, doing the unglamorous basic stuff that someone has to do - covering the centre-backs, making himself available for the pass from defence, making the simple, short pass forward to the attackers, making the tackles to break up opposition attacks, shepherding opposition attackers away from the danger area out to the wings, closing opposition players down.... Brian did all that match after match.

Did he get any thanks?

(I'll give you a clue - the answer's a 2-letter word, beginning with 'N' and ending with 'O'.)

Plenty of other examples - just look at the adulation that bevvy-merchant Best gets on here. He turned up - sometimes. He was fit to play - sometimes. He made some good passes, scored a couple of good goals. But he was much less interested in playing for Hibs than picking up a couple of thousand drinking money for basically doing very little. of course, when asked, he professed great affection for the club - but then he would, wouldn't he? if he hadn't he might not have been invitted back, and our george always has the nose for a free bottle or two - plus appearance money?

MacBean
07-08-2009, 03:23 PM
good to see Deek back, one of the players i was looking forward to seeing in action against Bolton Tomorrow. Hope he learns his lesson sooner rather than later.

heretoday
07-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Plenty of other examples - just look at the adulation that bevvy-merchant Best gets on here. He turned up - sometimes. He was fit to play - sometimes. He made some good passes, scored a couple of good goals. But he was much less interested in playing for Hibs than picking up a couple of thousand drinking money for basically doing very little. of course, when asked, he professed great affection for the club - but then he would, wouldn't he? if he hadn't he might not have been invitted back, and our george always has the nose for a free bottle or two - plus appearance money?[/QUOTE]

I think that's a little uncharitable to Mr Best. He must have been a big income-earner for Hibs too. Look at the crowd for his home debut v Partick!
I take your point about attitude and his fitness. He was not in the best fettle and, in truth, treated Hibs in a pretty cavalier fashion. Let's face it - Manchester Utd was the main thing in his football life. No other teams came close.