PDA

View Full Version : Bolton, Pack Horse Hotel

bazmcm
06-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Ive just had a phone call from the pack horse hotel saying that they have to shut for the weekend !! Anyone else staying there had the same call ??

Ive just phoned them back asking why and they are saying it's because of the "trouble that is expected" and the hotel is shut !!

BoltonHibee
06-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Ive just had a phone call from the pack horse hotel saying that they have to shut for the weekend !! Anyone else staying there had the same call ??

Ive just phoned them back asking why and they are saying it's because of the "trouble that is expected" and the hotel is shut !!

It is actually an Electrical problem they have...

bazmcm
06-08-2009, 05:42 PM
It is actually an Electrical problem they have...

The receptionist told me it was because of the football !!

BoltonHibee
06-08-2009, 05:54 PM

There is something a bit strange, although it actually closed last night and cannot say when it will re open. I'm not sure something has not happened there. Other hotels have been told that it is an electrical problem that has caused the closure.
I cannot see them closing becuase of supposed trouble.

Don-hibee
06-08-2009, 06:01 PM
My other half is booked in there this week-end, I phoned them to try and book a room for Saturday night to be told they are closed for Sat and Sun.

My other half hasn't received a phone call to say his booking is cancelled :grr: so I have just booked alternative accomodation for him.

pritchie
06-08-2009, 06:02 PM
what hotel did u book into as an alternative?

Albanian Hibs
06-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Just had the exact same call from the pack horse. They said that there was an emergency last night and the hotel will be closed all weekend :grr: Now we are left looking for an alternative. Seemingly its on real Radio too.

iwasthere1972
06-08-2009, 06:10 PM
There is something a bit strange, although it actually closed last night and cannot say when it will re open. I'm not sure something has not happened there. Other hotels have been told that it is an electrical problem that has caused the closure.
I cannot see them closing becuase of supposed trouble.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/4495309.Pack_Horse_Hotel_told_to_clean_up_its_act/

Found this article - May have something to do with their sudden closure? Maybe been closed by some authority.

weststand1973
06-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Just had the exact same call from the pack horse. They said that there was an emergency last night and the hotel will be closed all weekend :grr: Now we are left looking for an alternative. Seemingly its on real Radio too.

Get booked into the Brittania, £90 for the 2 of us for 2 nights thats including the FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST :thumbsup:

bazmcm
06-08-2009, 06:12 PM
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/4495309.Pack_Horse_Hotel_told_to_clean_up_its_act/

Found this article - May be the cause?

That must be it then, receptionist must have been making excuses:bitchy:

BoltonHibee
06-08-2009, 06:20 PM

I think this is probably the reason, and they have failed to act on the recommendations.

iwasthere1972
06-08-2009, 06:22 PM

The linked article is from a couple of weeks ago and looks like the hotel rectified the problems at the time. Maybe they have had a revisit.

down-the-slope
06-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Judging by that article those who were to stary there may have had a lucky escape...good for the authorities acting before a potential tragedy....

Albanian Hibs
06-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Judging by that article those who were to stary there may have had a lucky escape...good for the authorities acting before a potential tragedy....

:agree: I am now glad our reservation was cancelled, and thanks to BoltonHibee we have booked into the Premier Inn near the stadium.

iwasthere1972
06-08-2009, 06:41 PM

plus the old snooker table, 4 dining rooms chairs with some legs missing, old framed pic of Mixu, 3 lamps that need attention, an upright fridge and one soiled double mattress that was blocking a fire exit. :hilarious

Barney McGrew
06-08-2009, 06:56 PM

Much easier to blame it on visiting football fans than the place being one big fire hazard

CallumLaidlaw
06-08-2009, 07:28 PM
I had the same call tonight too. After hanging up on me twice, she eventually told me it was health and safety reasons. We are now in the premier inn.