PDA

View Full Version : hibs 19s 4 huddersfield 19`s 1

berwickhibee
06-08-2009, 03:56 PM
today at east mains,played on a perfect surface and a thoroughly enjoyable game, rather feisty:thumbsup:

hibs took the lead when they were awarded a penalty for a tug in the box,bell took the kick but it was well saved,keith murray(i think?) scored the follow up after being first to react.

town equalised midway through the 1st half when the ball broke to their forward and he tucked it away.
Hibs were awarded another penalty for a shove,again bell stepped up and hit the bar for his 2nd penalty miss of the half.
both sides were guilty of a lack of discipline at times,but poor weak refereeing didnt help. ht 1-1

hibs continued passing the ball well and were better in possession than their visitors who were content to hit on the counter attack.

fergus bell got his reward for a good days work behind the front 2,with a brave headed goal midway through the 2nd half,resulting in being injured by the town keeper.

Fergus bell then scored again with the goal of the game,after some neat passing he scored from the edge of the box with a sweet strike into the top corner of the net.

And the final goal arrived again through bell,who completed his hat trick with another towering header which easily crossed the line.

fergus bell looked good in his role behind the strikers and his timing in arriving in the box on cue reminded me a wee bit of a certain pat mcginlay,he is strong,good in the air and looks a goal threat.

As its a bunch of new lads im not too familiar with the names,scott smith again a standout for me,but the signs are promising again as alistair builds another team,most of whom have 2 years at this level.

ancienthibby
06-08-2009, 04:01 PM
today at east mains,played on a perfect surface and a thoroughly enjoyable game, rather feisty:thumbsup:

hibs took the lead when they were awarded a penalty for a tug in the box,bell took the kick but it was well saved,keith murray(i think?) scored the follow up after being first to react.

town equalised midway through the 1st half when the ball broke to their forward and he tucked it away.
Hibs were awarded another penalty for a shove,again bell stepped up and hit the bar for his 2nd penalty miss of the half.
both sides were guilty of a lack of discipline at times,but poor weak refereeing didnt help. ht 1-1

hibs continued passing the ball well and were better in possession than their visitors who were content to hit on the counter attack.

fergus bell got his reward for a good days work behind the front 2,with a brave headed goal midway through the 2nd half,resulting in being injured by the town keeper.

Fergus bell then scored again with the goal of the game,after some neat passing he scored from the edge of the box with a sweet strike into the top corner of the net.

And the final goal arrived again through bell,who completed his hat trick with another towering header which easily crossed the line.

fergus bell looked good in his role behind the strikers and his timing in arriving in the box on cue reminded me a wee bit of a certain pat mcginlay,he is strong,good in the air and looks a goal threat.

As its a bunch of new lads im not too familiar with the names,scott smith again a standout for me,but the signs are promising again as alistair builds another team,most of whom have 2 years at this level.

Update much appreciated, BH!!:thumbsup:

wazoo1875
06-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Cheers BH , it's always nice to read about the young guys and it's good that the new batch appear to have hit the ground running again this season . Rod will be seeing pound signs again :agree:

oconnors_strip
06-08-2009, 08:04 PM
hibs under 19s beat huddersfield 4-1 today at east mains. fergus bell scored a hattrick, but also missed TWO penalties. keith murray got the other.

sorry but dont know the team as sadly i couldnt make the match:boo hoo:

Edinburgh Green
06-08-2009, 08:08 PM
hibs under 19s beat huddersfield 4-1 today at east mains. fergus bell scored a hattrick, but also missed TWO penalties. keith murray got the other.

sorry but dont know the team as sadly i couldnt make the match:boo hoo:

Check this link for more info :wink: http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=157297

oconnors_strip
06-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Check this link for more info :wink: http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=157297

sorry i didnt see the thread. :rolleyes:

berwickhibee
07-08-2009, 05:20 AM
team was
1-lewis graham
2-taggart
3-booth
4-welch
5-trialist
6-smith
7-horner
8-mcreadie
9-murray
10-bell
11-crawford?????

joejoefaemexico
07-08-2009, 05:46 AM

ohhh! thats a wee bit naughty!

great match report mate!:thumbsup:

Randerson_4
07-08-2009, 06:45 AM

:thumbsup: How many times have we heard that?

Good to hear that there is another group of good younsters coming through :thumbsup:

oconnors_strip
07-08-2009, 06:23 PM
team was
1-lewis graham
2-taggart
3-booth
4-welch
5-trialist
6-smith
7-horner
8-mcreadie
9-murray
10-bell
11-crawford?????

11 was a trialist. crawford came on as a sub for murray.

broomiehibs
07-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Great news, we seem to have a conveyer belt of talent, long may it continue