PDA

View Full Version : Who's next for a call up?

Gaffer1875
04-08-2009, 12:40 PM
After looking at the squad of players to represent Scotland next week, its, for me, the weakest pool of players in years.

My question is, who will be the next player from Hibs to win a cap or to be recalled?

Speedway
04-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Scott Gemmill?

davemcbain
04-08-2009, 01:20 PM
After looking at the squad of players to represent Scotland next week, its, for me, the weakest pool of players in years.

My question is, who will be the next player from Hibs to win a cap or to be recalled?

Going by the normal state of affairs, you have to leave Hibs to get a Scotland call up, so Ross Campbell could be a decent bet.

xyz23jc
04-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Going by the normal state of affairs, you have to leave Hibs to get a Scotland call up, so Ross Campbell could be a decent bet.

:agree:

Barrylavety
04-08-2009, 01:30 PM
murray should be called up as a squad player, im not saying he should be in the starting line up, but players like 80 year old alexander need to be replaced!

and deek will get called up later this season! if he stays out the tin.

apart from that... no one is even near!

Gaffer1875
04-08-2009, 01:44 PM
I reckon Paul Hanlon could be called up within the next year, anyone agree?

Defo Murray and if Riordan gets his act together off the park they will get their recalls...

Future17
04-08-2009, 02:03 PM

Sol Bamba. :agree:

scott7_0(Prague)
04-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Jonatan Johansson or is he finished!!

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2009, 02:14 PM
David Weir, what does that lad need to do to get a cap?

ancient hibee
04-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Have boots will travel.

jgl07
04-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Kurtis Byrne will get a call up for the full ROI squad otherwise his dad will try and get his nationality changed!

basehibby
04-08-2009, 04:25 PM
I defo agree that the old carthorse Alexander should be carted off to the knackers yard - Murray would be a prime candidate to replace him certainly, although there could be others.

Deeks is currently in the process of proving himself all over again - he's been doing well and if he keeps on scoring then how can Burley leave him out??? That said he has done himself no favours the other night by indicating he probably would have given Fegushun and whosname (the keeper) a run for their money in the drunken erse dept if he had been in the squad at the time.

Apart from these guys I can't see any strong contenders unless Zemama immigrates and becomes a scot - hopefully some of the young guys coming through might prove me wrong though :pray:

Argylehibby
04-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Darren Barr?

ancient hibee
04-08-2009, 06:14 PM
How could Murray get called up when he is suspended?Unless he gets a grip he's going to be no use to us.

blaikie
04-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Riordan :agree: or Rankin :cool2:

jacomo
04-08-2009, 09:23 PM
That defence looks creaky! Where have all the centre backs gone? Scotland could always rely on half-decent defenders, if nothing else.

There's also no proper left back in the squad, so I'd take Murray, Hanlon, Lewis... anyone really.

Danny_Hibee
04-08-2009, 09:27 PM
That defence looks creaky! Where have all the centre backs gone? Scotland could always rely on half-decent defenders, if nothing else.

There's also no proper left back in the squad, so I'd take Murray, Hanlon, Lewis... anyone really.

Would imagine Lee Wallace will be ahead of them for Scotlands next left back

Tomsk
04-08-2009, 09:30 PM
murray should be called up as a squad player, im not saying he should be in the starting line up, but players like 80 year old alexander need to be replaced!

and deek will get called up later this season! if he stays out the tin.

apart from that... no one is even near!

Oh my God! :hilarious

millarco
04-08-2009, 10:05 PM
As poor as that Scotland squad looks we don't have anyone near that standard. Riordan would be the only one close to it, but Burley may think he's got too much damage, and he doesn't really fit in to a more organised, industrial set-up where he wouldn't be given a free-role.

Alexander was an ever-present in a promotion-winning Burnley side, and will probably be playing fairly regularly in the Premiership. He is a better player than Murray without a doubt IMO.

Hopefully in a couple of years we will be talking about a couple of the current youngsters pushing for a place, but until then I can't see anyone in the present Hibs squad capable of making the step-up.

PaulSmith
05-08-2009, 05:53 AM
International call ups..well we could have Zemamma, Benji and Bamba all playing at the World Cup in 2010.

Rod can be seen to lick his 'tache at the prospect already.

Long suffering
05-08-2009, 07:27 AM
Oh my God! :hilarious

Why do you laugh at that?? Do you not think his form for us since returning deserves a call up??? It doesn't seem to daft to me:confused:

Franck is God
05-08-2009, 11:38 AM
depending on fitness and form I could see Hanlon, McCann, Wotherspoon, Galbraith and maybe Stevenson playing for the under 21's.

Hanlon and Wotherspoon definitely have the potential to be full internationals, I haven't seen enough of Galbraith yet to be sure.

Stevenson is not (IMO) and McCann is unfortunate to have Whittaker & Hutton ahead of him in the queue to play at right back.

I suppose if Riordan starts knocking the goals in like we know he's capable of there will be a lot of media/public pressure to put him in ahead of perhaps harder working strikers that don't score as regularly.

Franck is God
05-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Alexander was an ever-present in a promotion-winning Burnley side, and will probably be playing fairly regularly in the Premiership. He is a better player than Murray without a doubt IMO.

Alexander was an ever present last season but playing as a deep midfielder not at full back which made Burley's decision to play him ahead of Whittaker in the last game baffling and stupid.

Burnley have signed Man Utd's young full back Richard Eckersley to play at right back next year. I doubt Alexander will get a game at all, far too slow for the Premiership.