PDA

View Full Version : Staying in Bolton Saturday night?

Ell_Chrisso
04-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Just wondering how many folks are planning on staying in Bolton on Saturday night?

There any plans for where people will be going out, or any recommendations?

i know that our group are staying 10-15 mins from stadium

micksoo
04-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Just wondering how many folks are planning on staying in Bolton on Saturday night?

5 of us staying in Jury's in Manchester

H18sry
04-08-2009, 12:38 PM
2 in the Park horse inn in Bolton :wink:

weststand1973
04-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Brittania Hotel x 2:thumbsup:
Did you check trip advisor for the Pack Horse:wink:

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Make your way back yo the beehive after the game, there will be a lot of us doing so, then we can work from there on what to do next.

bigstu
04-08-2009, 05:18 PM

I was looking for suggestions of what bars and clubs to go to on Friday and Saturday night too, me and 4 mates will be there, all under 25 straight males so none of those alternate suggestions please. :wink:

weststand1973
04-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Make your way back yo the beehive after the game, there will be a lot of us doing so, then we can work from there on what to do next.
:agree: Just don't forget your dancing shoes for the nightclubs.

weststand1973
04-08-2009, 06:00 PM
I was looking for suggestions of what bars and clubs to go to on Friday and Saturday night too, me and 4 mates will be there, all under 25 straight males so none of those alternate suggestions please. :wink:
Only 2 nightclubs, club indiego for the tax dodgers, J2 which has 4 floors with various music

Albanian Hibs
04-08-2009, 06:26 PM
3 of us in the Pack Horse in Bolton

Gala Foxes
04-08-2009, 06:39 PM
5 of us in Holiday Inn Bolton

CallumLaidlaw
04-08-2009, 06:43 PM
3 of us in the Pack Horse in Bolton

:agree:

10 of us in the Pack horse

Would be good to stay with fellow Hibbys.

So the Beehive immediately after the game?

mixuok
04-08-2009, 07:26 PM
8 of us in the brittania hotel:bye:

WellingtonHibby
04-08-2009, 07:29 PM

Sunshine; History suggests you wont be doing much other than snoozing!!

weststand1973
04-08-2009, 08:54 PM
8 of us in the brittania hotel:bye:
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::hnet:
Thank **** for that, that was me thinking it was just the two of us staying there.

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Sunshine; History suggests you wont be doing much other than snoozing!!

Yes i do that a lot in your company.:wink:

WellingtonHibby
05-08-2009, 07:28 AM
Yes i do that a lot in your company.:wink:

Touche! Beats your slavering any day though, what time is everyone getting to the beehive. I think the Leith//carlton bus im on is docking elsewhere, so it might be a fast bkack job to pick up the t shirts and maybe have a swift half or 6...

Ell_Chrisso
05-08-2009, 08:30 AM
good response to this post, good to know there are alot of Hibees staying down.
Us guys are staying in the premier inn 5-10 mins from the stadium,
dont know how close that is to others?

wheres this beehive then ?

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2009, 08:36 AM
Touche! Beats your slavering any day though, what time is everyone getting to the beehive. I think the Leith//carlton bus im on is docking elsewhere, so it might be a fast bkack job to pick up the t shirts and maybe have a swift half or 6...

It opens at 10am, moray and i should be there for 9.55.:wink:

SON OF PADDY
05-08-2009, 09:44 AM

:cool2: Me & my boys staying there Fri & Sat :greengrin see you guy down there ?:thumbsup:

Barney McGrew
05-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Us guys are staying in the premier inn 5-10 mins from the stadium

Me & my boys staying there Fri & Sat

Me too :greengrin

weststand1973
05-08-2009, 09:59 AM
:cool2: Me & my boys staying there Fri & Sat :greengrin see you guy down there ?:thumbsup:

Fri & Sat for us too:flag:
The Brittania is 4 m from Reebok, the Beehive is on Chorley New Road at the roundabout 1/2 m from ground.

BoltonHibee
05-08-2009, 11:04 AM

Attached to your hotel.

You can start bevvying at 7am if you like, as you are staying there:wink:

weststand1973
05-08-2009, 11:32 AM

Just been on the wanderer site, someones claiming that it's guest list only:confused: confirm please

Gala Foxes
05-08-2009, 11:38 AM
surely most folk will head home after the game?

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Just been on the wanderer site, someones claiming that it's guest list only:confused: confirm please

There are buses booked in before the match, after it will probably go back to normal i would imagine.

Slicer
05-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Can't remember the names, but there is a square in the centre that has a few bars / clubs scattered round it. Shoes were needed for the one i went to. There was an Irish bar there (Flannigans or Brannigans or something) that had a 'Hibernian Avenue' road sign on the wall which sticks out in the memory. There's also a Reflex bar for anybody stuck in an 80's timewarp :wink:

Ell_Chrisso
05-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Fri & Sat for us too:flag:
The Brittania is 4 m from Reebok, the Beehive is on Chorley New Road at the roundabout 1/2 m from ground.

This is great news, plenty of hibees in the premier inn 5 mins from the stadium..

Sat night looks to be a good aine!

hopefully theres plenty of bars etc easy to get to and from

weststand1973
05-08-2009, 11:48 AM
There are buses booked in before the match, after it will probably go back to normal i would imagine.Thanks:thumbsup:

puff the dragon
05-08-2009, 12:28 PM
3 of us are going to Blackpool after the game, have a drink or 50 and then go to the shows on the Sunday.

Not booked anywhere to stay - can't be too hard to find somewhere tho.

LancashireHibby
05-08-2009, 12:36 PM
A fine choice :thumbsup: Now can you work out who put the post on there about the 'guest list' (ie the buses booked in)? :wink:

(It was worth mentioning on there as it generally isn't the done thing down here to book in advance)

weststand1973
05-08-2009, 02:28 PM
A fine choice :thumbsup: Now can you work out who put the post on there about the 'guest list' (ie the buses booked in)? :wink:

(It was worth mentioning on there as it generally isn't the done thing down here to book in advance)

:idea:
Good site indeed, interesting report on the game last night:top marks
Santana and Nardo!!!:faf:

BoltonHibee
06-08-2009, 06:29 AM
Can't remember the names, but there is a square in the centre that has a few bars / clubs scattered round it. Shoes were needed for the one i went to. There was an Irish bar there (Flannigans or Brannigans or something) that had a 'Hibernian Avenue' road sign on the wall which sticks out in the memory. There's also a Reflex bar for anybody stuck in an 80's timewarp :wink:

Maloney's ?

All the bars and clubs in the town have a dress code. You will need shoes to get in any of them, no trainers.

BoltonHibee
06-08-2009, 06:32 AM
This is great news, plenty of hibees in the premier inn 5 mins from the stadium..

Sat night looks to be a good aine!

hopefully theres plenty of bars etc easy to get to and from

You'll need a taxi from that hotel for the bars and clubs in the town, about 10 minutes away or there are plenty of boozers in Horwich, but again you'd need a taxi for them (5 minutes away)

Ell_Chrisso
06-08-2009, 08:23 AM
Maloney's ?

All the bars and clubs in the town have a dress code. You will need shoes to get in any of them, no trainers.

Does this mean even your ordinary boozers will be dress code also?

better pack me shoes for saturday night

BoltonHibee
06-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Does this mean even your ordinary boozers will be dress code also?

better pack me shoes for saturday night

Anything in the town, whether it's a boozer, bar or club have a dress code.

Some places do not allow certain types of jeans with writing splashed all over them (eg. Henleys etc), particularly The Bar or J2. You cant really have "labels" showing. Sometimes thet turn a blind eye, more often than not, they don't. Definately no football gear for the town. Outlying pubs it isn't really an issue you can wear what you like.

ackeygraham
06-08-2009, 11:58 AM
So what shall i put in my suitcase Moray...lol

Am no bothered where im really, long by end of the night am hanging out some lovely lass from Bolton... :wink:

A!

BoltonHibee
06-08-2009, 12:00 PM
So what shall i put in my suitcase Moray...lol

Am no bothered where im really, long by end of the night am hanging out some lovely lass from Bolton... :wink:

A!

That may be a problem:greengrin

WellingtonHibby
06-08-2009, 02:12 PM
That may be a problem:greengrin

There are NO lovely lasses in Bolton...Unless she is a tourist...boom boom!