PDA

View Full Version : i love scottish football

Sloppy
02-08-2009, 04:57 PM
if a scottish game was on sky sports 1 and a premiership game was on sky sports 2. am i the only one in scotland who would watch the scottish game?
i love scottish football

Sean1875
02-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Yes. You are alone. :greengrin

Richard Scott
02-08-2009, 04:59 PM
if a scottish game was on sky sports 1 and a premiership game was on sky sports 2. am i the only one in scotland who would watch the scottish game?
i love scottish football

Most probably :agree: :greengrin:

Sloppy
02-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Yes. You are alone. :greengrin
why does every1 hate scottish football its much faster than premier ship

California-Hibs
02-08-2009, 05:01 PM
i love scottish football

Nope mate, i'm with you! I hate the love-in that alot of people have with the English Premiership! Its so over rated its unreal! I support Scottish football, because im from Scotland!
I dont even think our league is as bad as alot of folk make it out to be! Sure we may be going though a bad spell at the moment, but i dont think its half as bad as some make out! Theres been some cracking games last season and the seasons before! Keep in mind we live in a country which has a population of just over 5 Million, compaired to Englands 55 odd million. We do quite well IMO!

Mon the Scottish fitbaw! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sloppy
02-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Nope mate, i'm with you! I hate the love-in that alot of people have with the English Premiership! Its so over rated its unreal! I support Scottish football, because im from Scotland!
I dont even think our league is as bad as alot of folk make it out to be! Sure we may be going though a bad spell at the moment, but i dont think its half as bad as some make out! Theres been some cracking games last season and the seasons before!

Mon the Scottish fitbaw! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
absolute legend mate:greengrin:thumbsup::thumbsup::agree::agree:

kano
02-08-2009, 05:05 PM
I dont even think our league is as bad as alot of folk make it out to be! Sure we may be going though a bad spell at the moment, but i dont think its half as bad as some make out! Theres been some cracking games last season and the seasons before! Keep in mind we live in a country which has a population of just over 5 Million, compaired to Englands 55 odd million. We do quite well IMO!

Mon the Scottish fitbaw! :thumbsup::top marks:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:top marks i would watch a scottish game everytime.

Alicky Ranks
02-08-2009, 05:08 PM

Being fast doesn't mean it's any good. I'd pick the Premiership game over the Scottish game every time except when Hibs are involved in the Scottish game. Even then, if you've ever watched a Hibs game on Setanta and flicked over to Sky to check the score in the English game the difference in quality and atmosphere is like night and day. I must admit I've sometimes given up on the Hibs game and stuck with the English match.

BigBamba
02-08-2009, 05:10 PM
I Prefer to watch scottish football its alot more exciting IMO.:thumbsup:

Sean1875
02-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Ai but the premiership is full of higher quality players who personally i would rather watch than St Mirren v Hamilton for example...

scottp1875
02-08-2009, 05:21 PM
i love scottish football

depends on whos playing and not mentioning the big teams. cant say i would watch killie-accies over spurs-villa

Tompo
02-08-2009, 05:24 PM
The premiership has better football but watching it you always feel like you're watching a bunch of whores running about for a bunch of plastics transmitted to via the sky propaganda machine.

"SUPERDDOOPERCALIFRAGALISTIC SWOLLEN SMASHING SUNDAY" where liverpool and chelsea play out yet another nil nil draw...

The big 4 in particular are tarts who sell themselves at any opportunity for a quick buck.

Scottish football might be rank, but at least it's not divorced from reality. **** the premiership, they are welcome to it.

sadtom
02-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Scottish game for me every time.
Not fussed about the plastic, progressively soulless EPL, or the starf***ers from outwith england who get all moist about it. It all just serves to demean out own game.

Suppose there will be plenty who would rather watch EPL than SPL, but how you could consider yourself a Hibs fan when you'd rather watch another match when there is a Hibs game on (no matter how bad) is beyond me.:dunno:

libernian
02-08-2009, 05:26 PM
hm, depends how good a game it was... i watched aston villa v hull city last year and it was possibly one of the worst games i have ever seen. although i watched liverpool v chelsea at the end of last season and it was proably the best! there isnt too may outstading games in the spl to be honest!

actually i'd say spl coz i'm scottish n obv prefer it but there is some crackers in the premiership.

cabbageandribs1875
02-08-2009, 05:35 PM
the scottish game almost every time:agree: watched a total of TWO EPL games on setanta the whole of last season(relegation games at the end) :agree:

RIP setanta UK :boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

hibsbollah
02-08-2009, 05:48 PM
i love scottish football

I would too:agree:

Hibby_Paul
02-08-2009, 05:55 PM
The premiership has better football but watching it you always feel like you're watching a bunch of whores running about for a bunch of plastics transmitted to via the sky propaganda machine.

"SUPERDDOOPERCALIFRAGALISTIC SWOLLEN SMASHING SUNDAY" where liverpool and chelsea play out yet another nil nil draw...

The big 4 in particular are tarts who sell themselves at any opportunity for a quick buck.

Scottish football might be rank, but at least it's not divorced from reality. **** the premiership, they are welcome to it.

Agree mate!

And the Champions League going that way too, same teams playing each other - which is usually Liverpool and Chelsea again!

Bishop Hibee
02-08-2009, 06:02 PM
i love scottish football

:top marks I hate the fact that Edinburgh pubs have meaningless Premiership games on t.v. when their are Scottish ones on.

As a country, we are No1 at putting ourselves down.

Tompo
02-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Agree mate!

And the Champions League going that way too, same teams playing each other - which is usually Liverpool and Chelsea again!

Slags, the lot of them. Tarts.

In fact it's the champions league that's to blame for a lot of it. Like you say it's boring these days too. Bring back a knockout style european cup and solve all the problems.

Hibby_Paul
02-08-2009, 06:14 PM

In fact it's the champions league that's to blame for a lot of it. Like you say it's boring these days too. Bring back a knockout style european cup and solve all the problems.

So does that rule out a live game to watch next time we visit ya in London!? Maybe we can make an exeption!

or maybe drop down a division or two instead!

matty_f
02-08-2009, 06:15 PM

I love the Champions League - my only criticism is that it gets a little stale at times, but even then - the big European CL nights can be outstanding.

(would rather watch the Hibs, mind you.)

RickyS
02-08-2009, 06:35 PM
i love scottish football

with you to an extent, I do like the premiership and enjoy match of the day on a saturday night, but I would always watch the SPL if picking between two live games. in scotland we talk up the EPL and talk down the SPL, some responsibility for this lies with the people on the inside, ie players/managers etc and the fact that they would all jump ship to England at the first opportunity.

matty_f
02-08-2009, 06:39 PM
with you to an extent, I do like the premiership and enjoy match of the day on a saturday night, but I would always watch the SPL if picking between two live games. in scotland we talk up the EPL and talk down the SPL, some responsibility for this lies with the people on the inside, ie players/managers etc and the fact that they would all jump ship to England at the first opportunity.

If it was a choice between watching Man U v Arsenal, or Hibs v anyone; I'd pick the Hibs game every time. If it was Man U V Arsenal or the OF derby, I'd watch the EPL game.

If it was something like Wigan v Fulham, or Dundee Utd v St Mirren, I'd probably not bother with either.

RigRoars
02-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Being fast doesn't mean it's any good. I'd pick the Premiership game over the Scottish game every time except when Hibs are involved in the Scottish game. Even then, if you've ever watched a Hibs game on Setanta and flicked over to Sky to check the score in the English game the difference in quality and atmosphere is like night and day. I must admit I've sometimes given up on the Hibs game and stuck with the English match.

:tsk tsk: Blasphemy

I'll watch the EPL everytime unless its Hibs that are on.

California-Hibs
02-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Ai but the premiership is full of higher quality players who personally i would rather watch than St Mirren v Hamilton for example...

See though, thats the problem right there. If people would have a better attitude and watch more Scottish football, our league would generate more money, and teams would benefit from it, and then we would all be able to bring in better quality players.

Just as someone said earlier though, we're good at putting things down in this country, its in alot of Scottish peoples blood to do so.

Moan moan moan :yawn:

Darth Hibbie
02-08-2009, 07:07 PM
:top marks i would watch a scottish game everytime.

:agree:

Without a doubt

'Mon the Hibs
02-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Depends whos playing. Hibs first and foremost, then Man U, then if there is something good/entertaining/important on.

I would rather watch Chelsea v Arsenal over Rangers v Celtic.

Rather watch Everton v Aston Villa over Hearts v Aberdeen

Prefer Middlesborough v West Brom v Hamilton v St Mirren

if you catch my drift. The games down south don't interest me more than SPL games, but would prefer to watch slightly better quality players.

TBH, I can't think of many SPL games ive ever watched all the way through that don't involve Hibs.

ballengeich
02-08-2009, 09:01 PM
I would watch the SPL game unless it involved the OF against someone other than Hibs, when I'd read a book.

heretoday
02-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Depends who was playing.

resident_Arab
02-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Scottish game, i wouldnt have much interest in footie if DUFC went out of business and probabaly wouldnt watch any football except Scotland games

EPL doesnt interest me, for a start most of the time the games are rank, its unbelievably overrated, they are paying a lot of average players big bucks, dont understand the fascination, infact people who have english teams i feel a bit embarrassed for but each to their own. :wink:

erin go bragh
02-08-2009, 09:16 PM
i love scottish footballas long as hibs are the scotish team playing yes but given the choice of watching man u v liverpool or st mudden v falkirk well cmon but saying that i watched a few boring premiership games last season:confused:

zlatan
02-08-2009, 09:17 PM
I lost count of the amount of Saturday lunchtime SPL games I turned off for whatever English game was on due to the piffle on show. Watching Rangers and Celtic play slighty less awful than the team they are playing yet still winning 1 or 2-0 does absolutely nowt for me. The Premier League is vastly overated but it is at least capable of having some drama during live games.

I'ld switch off my mothers life support machine if La Liga was on the other channel however.

Infact I remember being so scunnered with Hibs and Scottish football in general last season I was flicking between Man U - Liverpool and an Edinburgh derby one Saturday, dun dun dun!!

.SeventyFive
02-08-2009, 09:24 PM
I love Scottish Football too.

It harks back to the "good old days" more than most leagues. I think its rough edges, dodgy stadiums and freezing cold match days gives it a character that most other European league have completely lost.

NAE NOOKIE
02-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Would watch anybody play anybody but choose SPL over EPL. I cant pretend the football is better, but I support the Scottish game every chance I get.

Anyway its a shame that we constantly compare ourselves to English football. Like some others have said on here its a miracle that we have a professional game the size we have in this country and we dont give ourselves enough credit for it.

Too many folk in the press and in our game too cant wait to talk it down. Yes its not the best right now, but the idea should be to try and fix it, not send it to the scrap yard.

Hibs and Scottish football for ever !!!

:flag::saltireflag

heretoday
02-08-2009, 09:42 PM
That's the spirit!

California-Hibs
02-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Would watch anybody play anybody but choose SPL over EPL. I cant pretend the football is better, but I support the Scottish game every chance I get.

Anyway its a shame that we constantly compare ourselves to English football. Like some others have said on here its a miracle that we have a professional game the size we have in this country and we dont give ourselves enough credit for it.

Too many folk in the press and in our game too cant wait to talk it down. Yes its not the best right now, but the idea should be to try and fix it, not send it to the scrap yard.

:top marks

basehibby
02-08-2009, 10:20 PM
If there was a Hibs game on the telly then hell or high water wouldn't keep me away from it.

If it was any other SPL match then I'd definately have more of interest in the result than any EPL match. What I'd actually end up watching would depend on the fixtures and teams involved.

surreyhibbie
02-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Hibs v Anybody? definitely

Rangers v Falkirk?
Hearts v Motherwell?
Celtic v Aberdeen?

NFC!

I keep an eye on the reults of other teams,for obvious reasons, but wouldn't bother watching anything not involving Hibs.

I watch almost any English Top class game, but mainly cos that's all I get down here. Most of the time I couldn't care less who wins, but still enjoy good football.

Joe Baker II
03-08-2009, 01:37 PM

Good post.

For information I tend to avoid the Premiership completely on principle (its effect on European football is a negative one) and would certainly not choose it over a Scottish game, although I do watch lower English leagues sometimes and watch a lot of other European football.

TamHibs
03-08-2009, 02:02 PM
If Hibs are playing then obviously it would be Hibs i would watch. Failing that I'll only watch an English game if Man Utd are playin but if not then i'll pick the scottish game

Long suffering
03-08-2009, 03:46 PM

you shouldnt do that

Tompo
03-08-2009, 05:42 PM
So does that rule out a live game to watch next time we visit ya in London!? Maybe we can make an exeption!

or maybe drop down a division or two instead!

Always an exception to prove the rule!:greengrin

Scorrie
03-08-2009, 06:06 PM
i love scottish football

Ah live in England and would nearly always watch the Scottish game. outwith the top 4 (and Everton!) the quality in the EPL isnt that great.

jacomo
03-08-2009, 07:47 PM
I love Scottish football too.

:thumbsup:

Mikeystewart
29-04-2012, 03:15 PM
i love scottish football

Depends who is playing.

Sean1875
29-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Depends who is playing.
why are you bringing up a thread that is two and a half years old..?