PDA

View Full Version : A Ticket Office moan

LancashireHibby
30-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Just ordered 2 tickets for the Blackburn game, excellent service, very helpful etc but £7.95 in booking fees and postage, has the world gone mad?! :grr:

Lmc2105
30-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Just ordered 2 tickets for the Blackburn game, excellent service, very helpful etc but £7.95 in booking fees and postage, has the world gone mad?! :grr:

thats brutal!!

would have been better if my self or sum1 picked them up for you and just them down with us :cool2:

iwasthere1972
30-07-2009, 01:28 PM

Do they get sent Recorded Delivery or is it just a case of bung them in the local post box and fingers crossed that they get to you?

Only ask because I would be interested to know for future.

Still a scandalous amount to pay.

Lmc2105
30-07-2009, 01:32 PM
its like paying for an extra adult ticket just to get them delieverd!!

it's not right likes!!:grr:

HibbyDave
30-07-2009, 01:39 PM

Welcome to world occupied by those of us who do not live within spittin distance of ER.
Hibs.... a community club .......Very laudable:agree: but DO SOMETHING FOR THOSE WHO LOVE THE CLUB AND HAVE CHOSEN TO LIVE ELSEWHERE!

Get the rip off charges sorted PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

LancashireHibby
30-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Welcome to world occupied by those of us who do not live within spittin distance of ER.
Hibs.... a community club .......Very laudable:agree: but DO SOMETHING FOR THOSE WHO LOVE THE CLUB AND HAVE CHOSEN TO LIVE ELSEWHERE!

Get the rip off charges sorted PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.
Got 'done' similarly for Hertz tickets last year but thought it was just a Ticketmaster thing. Learnt from that one and now collect from the office for home games, but obviously that's not an option for me for away games.

They're sent Special Delivery, but as I know for a fact that Blackburn reprint any tickets that are lost in the post, I'd have been more than happy for them just to be posted first class (and did request if that was possible).

By my maths, it seems I've been charged £1.50 per ticket on top of the special delivery charge, really can't understand it (and I work in the industry!)

Expect a similar thread next week should I be able to go to the Bolton game and put up with similar charges :greengrin

Bristolhibby
30-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Had that same problem myself, was going to get the Bolton then Blackburn tickets posted down to me.

Getting them both sent down separately was going to cost an extra £16 for the two lots of two tickets for me and my dad!!!!

Decided in the end that it would be better to get my cousin to pop in and send them special delivery. £9 saving by my reckoning overall.

J

LancsHibs
30-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Pay on the gate??

Bristolhibby
30-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Pay on the gate??

You would think but both all tickets.

Not prepared to take the risk of driving for 3 & 1/2 hours only to not get in. no choice really.

J

LancashireHibby
30-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Pay on the gate??

And then next season I go to Hertz/Rangers/Celtic at home and they won't sell me tickets because of the whole booking history nightmare :wink:

Always prefer to have a ticket anyroad, just to make sure I don't spend all my cash in the pub :thumbsup:

Craig_in_Prague
30-07-2009, 02:27 PM
And then next season I go to Hertz/Rangers/Celtic at home and they won't sell me tickets because of the whole booking history nightmare :wink:

Always prefer to have a ticket anyroad, just to make sure I don't spend all my cash in the pub :thumbsup:

can you pay for a ticket to be collected the day of the game?

wondering because I will be going to a few games in Aug & Sept, but won't be able to collect tickets until the Friday or Sat, and can't have them delivered anywhere coz I am going to be working in different places in England,

When will Celtic tickets be available - Does anyone know?
St Mirren should be ok, cash at gate?
Falkirk away, struggling, i guess.

LancashireHibby
30-07-2009, 02:44 PM

wondering because I will be going to a few games in Aug & Sept, but won't be able to collect tickets until the Friday or Sat, and can't have them delivered anywhere coz I am going to be working in different places in England,

When will Celtic tickets be available - Does anyone know?
St Mirren should be ok, cash at gate?
Falkirk away, struggling, i guess.

You can order them in advance and collect from ER on a matchday, always been spot on when I've done that in the past. Think Celtic tickets are on sale now.

marinello59
30-07-2009, 02:49 PM

Of course you can, that saves on the postage.:thumbsup:
Not on the booking fee though.:grr:

Kojock
30-07-2009, 03:02 PM
Expect a similar thread next week should I be able to go to the Bolton game and put up with similar charges :greengrin

I am more than willing to pick up tickets at ER for anyone going to Blackburn or Bolton.

Blackburn I will be there from 2pm onwards.
Bolton I will be there from the Friday afternoon. :thumbsup:

givescotlandfreedom
30-07-2009, 03:07 PM
I agree with LancsHibs it's not fair on out of town fans to get these big charges when you've no choice but to buy online or on the phone. I've just flown Ryanair, I'd expect these "transaction charges" from them; not Hibs.

LancashireHibby
30-07-2009, 03:18 PM
And I will now give the Ticket Office a huge pat on the back - found out I've got the day off work on the 8th so just ordered 2 tickets for the Bolton game and they said they will chuck them in the same envelope as my Blackburn ones :thumbsup:

Gatecrasher
30-07-2009, 03:20 PM
i dont think anyone has a problem with paying for the postal costs its the additional acharges on top of that that do my nut in :grr:

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2009, 03:25 PM
I don't have a ticket for either game, and will just pay at the turnstile. Does anyone seriously think there wont be one?

Danderhall Hibs
30-07-2009, 03:48 PM
i dont think anyone has a problem with paying for the postal costs its the additional acharges on top of that that do my nut in :grr:

What about the additional costs on top of the postage though? How much is a stamp - 30p or something? The postage charged is more than that - same goes for any type of tickets you order mind you.

Gatecrasher
30-07-2009, 03:50 PM
What about the additional costs on top of the postage though? How much is a stamp - 30p or something? The postage charged is more than that - same goes for any type of tickets you order mind you.

how can it cost a pound odd per ticket for someone to put a couple of tickets into an envelope and send it, i dont mind paying postage but when its £1.50 per ticket, if it was one off £1.50 per purchase then surely thats fair :confused:

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2009, 03:59 PM
how can it cost a pound odd per ticket for someone to put a couple of tickets into an envelope and send it, i dont mind paying postage but when its £1.50 per ticket, if it was one off £1.50 per purchase then surely thats fair :confused:

Exactly, it does not take anymore effort to put 1 ticket or 10 tickets into an envelope. Its fleecing the fans. Its a bloody cheek, and i refuse to do it anymore. I know of at least 12 people going to Blackburn and Bolton from Blackpool, none have tickets. There will be many more who dont even have a computer, and wont know its all ticket. :faf: Will they not get in? I don't think so. The ground will be half empty, and they will have pay at the gate turnstiles. Don't be robbed by hibs again, just turn up and pay at the gate.

BonnieFitbaTeam
30-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Exactly, it does not take anymore effort to put 1 ticket or 10 tickets into an envelope. Its fleecing the fans. Its a bloody cheek, and i refuse to do it anymore. I know of at least 12 people going to Blackburn and Bolton from Blackpool, none have tickets. There will be many more who dont even have a computer, and wont know its all ticket. :faf: Will they not get in? I don't think so. The ground will be half empty, and they will have pay at the gate turnstiles. Don't be robbed by hibs again, just turn up and pay at the gate.

Be very surprised if pay at the gate isn't an option, at least for the Bolton game. It's basically a charity kickabout !

LancsHibs
30-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Be very surprised if pay at the gate isn't an option, at least for the Bolton game. It's basically a charity kickabout !

That's my logic, hope I dont end up with egg on my face:greengrin

BonnieFitbaTeam
30-07-2009, 04:16 PM
That's my logic, hope I dont end up with egg on my face:greengrin

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. But just in case, I'd suggest taking some sort of cloth....:wink:

BoltonHibee
30-07-2009, 04:59 PM

It's not a charity kick about, this is the final pre season game. A serious game for both sides in terms of preperation. The fact that there are three charities benefitting from the game is a bonus.

StevieC
30-07-2009, 07:21 PM
I've just noticed that the Preston game is discounted for season ticket holders if purchased before 5pm on Friday.

Yet another piece of discrimination against out of town Hibs supporters!!

:grr:

I'll do more travelling than most to get to Easter Road, for a friendly, on Saturday and thenget charged an extra £5 for my trouble!!

woody47
30-07-2009, 07:29 PM
I've just noticed that the Preston game is discounted for season ticket holders if purchased before 5pm on Friday.

Yet another piece of discrimination against out of town Hibs supporters!!

I'll do more travelling than most to get to Easter Road, for a friendly, on Saturday and thenget charged an extra £5 for my trouble!!

Absolutely agree. Pay extra for postage and booking fee so therefore there is no advantage to just paying on the day.
It really pi££ed me off when I phoned up to book two tickets for Preston and two for Bolton to be charged FOUR booking fees. I made one booking for four tickets. I am not on the phone 4 separate times doing 4 separate bookings.:grr:.
I really think it is about time this scam was sorted. Surely some independent body can do something about this.

jakki
30-07-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm off to ER tomorrow morning for tickets and if any of the Lancashire Hibs want me to get them tickets for the Bolton game, I will happily get them for them. Payment in the pub prematch
:thumbsup:

BoltonHibee
30-07-2009, 07:36 PM
Absolutely agree. Pay extra for postage and booking fee so therefore there is no advantage to just paying on the day.
It really pi££ed me off when I phoned up to book two tickets for Preston and two for Bolton to be charged FOUR booking fees. I made one booking for four tickets. I am not on the phone 4 separate times doing 4 separate bookings.:grr:.
I really think it is about time this scam was sorted. Surely some independent body can do something about this.

That is digraceful...Even TicketMaster have waived there fee for the Bolton Hibs match as the proceeds ar going to charity!!

That aside, 4 booking fees is disgraceful really...

Grizz
30-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Nowt to do with Hibs but a similar rip off: A mate of mine bought gig tickets from TicketWeb - who basically email you a pdf ticket to print off rather than post tickets out - and realised afterwards that they'd humped him £5 to send the email... I sht you not.:agree:

He phoned them up and got told to put it in writing that he wanted the £5 refunded.

Craig_in_Prague
31-07-2009, 09:24 AM
You can order them in advance and collect from ER on a matchday, always been spot on when I've done that in the past. Think Celtic tickets are on sale now.

Sorted :thumbsup:

Tickets for St Mirren and the Celtc.

Booking fee sucks, but hey ho, the guy was nice and the lady at the beginning sounds nae bad :drool:

StevieC
31-07-2009, 01:39 PM
Tried to go online last night and book tickets for Preston game to beat the 5pm deadline for the discounted tickets ...

... online log on not working.

... emailed ticket office and they gave me new password.

... online again this morning to book ...

... glitch in card type/payment part of booking process means it's not accepting online booking ...

... phoned ticketline number ...

... season ticket sales withdrawn from ticketline number.

... out of towner so cant nip down to the ticket office ...

... looks like I'm getting stung for an extra £15 tomorrow!!!

NYHibby
10-08-2009, 04:26 AM
I'll post this here so I don't have to create a new thread.

What does "interest type" mean on the online ticket sales page? I'm looking to buy tickets for the Celtic match (my first game since Falkirk in Dec 2007) and it's listed as "interest type" instead of "general sale". I know the tickets are on sale so it doesn't really matter, but I'm just interested in why the website says what it does.

LancashireHibby
10-08-2009, 06:09 PM
I'll post this here so I don't have to create a new thread.

What does "interest type" mean on the online ticket sales page? I'm looking to buy tickets for the Celtic match (my first game since Falkirk in Dec 2007) and it's listed as "interest type" instead of "general sale". I know the tickets are on sale so it doesn't really matter, but I'm just interested in why the website says what it does.

It's the term used by the company that run E-Ticketing to determine your booking history - each game you've booked for is considered an 'interest', so they can set it to make sure no Celtic fans can register and then buy online without going to any previous games.

NYHibby
10-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Thanks, that makes sense.

While I'm at it, is row AA in the back of the east? I used to sit in row H and that was pretty close to the front.

ArabHibee
10-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Thanks, that makes sense.

While I'm at it, is row AA in the back of the east? I used to sit in row H and that was pretty close to the front.

It's the row after Z but before BB. :duck:

Joking aside, it will be 27 rows from the front so nearer the back. But if you're going in the East, you probably wouldn't be sitting on your seat anyway. Just a free for all, "stand on whatever seat you like" especially against the 'tic. :wink:

NYHibby
12-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Ahh, so I went back to buy tickets and it looks like they took down the game for me. Looks like I'll have to suck it up and call.

But if you're going in the East, you probably wouldn't be sitting on your seat anyway. Just a free for all, "stand on whatever seat you like" especially against the 'tic. :wink:

I've been in the east for the derby before so I know what its like. I do normally sit more on the north end than at the end by the visitors