PDA

View Full Version : Yogi losing patience re-Benji

monktonharp
29-07-2009, 12:58 AM
according to the EEN. hey Yogi,just to let you know,the fans have given up on him so move on,punt him or just let him languish in the reserves,with the lowest wage possible under that scenario. forget him being any use to Hibernian fc. the fact that he's f/ked about for far too long has made his tenure "untenable" . I for one,cannot take anything serious about this geezer and he's takin' the piss. Players and their agents are ruining the modern game by getting away with this nonsence and Hibs have suffered greatly over the last few years because of it.

VegasHibby
29-07-2009, 01:14 AM
according to the EEN. hey Yogi,just to let you know,the fans have given up on him so move on,punt him or just let him languish in the reserves,with the lowest wage possible under that scenario. forget him being any use to Hibernian fc. the fact that he's f/ked about for far too long has made his tenure "untenable" . I for one,cannot take anything serious about this geezer and he's takin' the piss. Players and their agents are ruining the modern game by getting away with this nonsence and Hibs have suffered greatly over the last few years because of it.

Even having him in the reserves with lowest wages would be detrimental because his attitude would get worse and he'd be a very bad influence on the other players. Plus it would be very difficult to keep him from Zemmama as they obviously have a common bond.......
I trust Yogi will know what to do with him.....

monktonharp
29-07-2009, 01:30 AM
Even having him in the reserves with lowest wages would be detrimental because his attitude would get worse and he'd be a very bad influence on the other players. Plus it would be very difficult to keep him from Zemmama as they obviously have a common bond.......
I trust Yogi will know what to do with him.....Iknow what you are saying,but does not stop me feeling that i'd like tae part his plums,wi' my left foot,and tell him where tae go :wink: seriously though,I am getting bad vibes about the new managers comments on this one

Scotthibs1875
29-07-2009, 02:03 AM

I think we should give him a chance as he has great potential.
I also think it would be a shame if he did go tbh, because he has shown he can play extremely well and his performance in the CIS final was fantastic! Saying this though, he has a terrible attitude and it sounds like he doesn't want to play for us. Hopefully Yogi can persuade him to stay and get the best out of him:thumbsup:

(((Fergus)))
29-07-2009, 03:29 AM
Maybe the reason he doesn't want to play for Hibs (allegedly) is to do with all the people telling him to ***** off?

Toaods
29-07-2009, 06:59 AM
A quality manager would love to get him under their wing.....it's all about sorting what's wrong with such enigmas.

There's been loads of them in every walk of life.

I myself am absolutely brilliant at everything, I just cannae be arsed trying hard enough..:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-07-2009, 07:43 AM
If he ever gets near our first team then that is sending the out the wrong message. I wonder what he was signing, in that photograph that was posted a few days back. If it was a contract, why can't we enforce it? If he has to come back, then we should call his bluff and tear up his contract. Such a great player will no doubt have clubs around the world chapping at his door. The tache mantra that we all have to accept is that every penny is a prisoner. So lets' not waste even one more on this chump.

banarc7062
29-07-2009, 07:51 AM
Maybe the reason he doesn't want to play for Hibs (allegedly) is to do with all the people telling him to ***** off?

Am I to take from your view that those who wish him offski are all wrong in their assessment of his committment to Hibs and have judged him unfairly and without cause?

rainman
29-07-2009, 08:10 AM

Sounds like a chicken and the egg scenario to me. :greengrin

I know i only started telling him to f*** off when he was blatantly not trying a leg.

(((Fergus)))
29-07-2009, 08:15 AM
Sounds like a chicken and the egg scenario to me. :greengrin

I know i only started telling him to f*** off when he was blatantly not trying a leg.

Yes seems a bit of chicken and egg. some folk if you bollock them will actually do less and start to make trouble instead. maybe an idea then to try another approach? Is there another approach?

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2009, 08:44 AM

Well here's another one, **** off benji.

hibsbollah
29-07-2009, 08:49 AM
:yawn: Benji-bashing. The current hibs.net official sport. :blah: I've yet to read anyone on here claiming to know the actual circumstances.

(((Fergus)))
29-07-2009, 08:51 AM
:yawn: Benji-bashing. The current hibs.net official sport. :blah: I've yet to read anyone on here claiming to know the actual circumstances.

Makes a change from bishop bashing :greengrin

mjhibby
29-07-2009, 08:56 AM

Agreed.It seems we have heard so called quotes from other teams,agents and even benji but yet hibs are none the wiser.Fwiw i think hibs did let him try to arrange to go to another team but not to get rid of him but because he was unhappy under mixu.Hibs have to agree to any transfer so its a bit silly seeing benji signing a contract whn they havent agreed to it and the cancelling of the attemped contract shows it was a stunt which backfired.How much benji is a party to this i dont know but its strange how zemmamma has come back as good as ever and benji seems to be a lost soul.Unless he comes back and yogi can work with him then he could find himself booted out of the game.
I hope it doesnt come to that as he has obvious talent and would be wasted.Heres hoping we can all get to the bottom of the situation and i for one would think yogi can get him playing to something like he is capable of.

Keith_M
29-07-2009, 09:04 AM

Yeh, we're completely missing any facts, photos of him signing for another club for instance.

Oh, wait.........

stu in nottingham
29-07-2009, 09:05 AM
I think this vision of Benji's great ability has started to reach mythical proportions. He's a decent player, he did well in the League Cup final and he had a (not particularly prolonged) spell of playing well for Hibs. That's it.

He didn't pull up any trees in Belgium by the sound of things. Nobody seems particularly keen to sign him since. Any reason for this do we think?

His attitude to his profession appears to be immature and lacking in grace, forethought or honesty. Personally I wouldn't allow him back on the premises. I'd take the financial hit and leave the conundrum of this young man to someone else. Hibs can do without his negative influence in the squad right now.

Look elsewhere.

hibsbollah
29-07-2009, 09:08 AM
Yeh, we're completely missing any facts

Glad you agree:agree:

RIP
29-07-2009, 09:11 AM

He didn't apprently figure in Mixu's plans

He was asked to get himself another club apparently

The chairman wanted Hibs to get some cash apparently

He didn't exactly feel wanted at Hibs apparently

Some Hibs fans are apparently allocating 100% of the blame to Benji for this sorry mess

Dashing Bob S
29-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Needs to spend less time on the prayer matt and more time in the Ferry Boat public house guzzling quality ales and hanging around shopping centres harrassing young women if he's going to cut it as a pro in Scotland.

A tragic waste.

MSK
29-07-2009, 09:14 AM
:yawn: Benji-bashing. The current hibs.net official sport. :blah: I've yet to read anyone on here claiming to know the actual circumstances.Where is the "wonderful" Benji then ..?....bet ye he aint down at East mains working his ass of in training..trying tae prove tae folk that he is ready for the challenge ahead ..

If he aint then he is gonna be weeks/months behind every one else in terms of fitness...but you are prob correct perhaps no-one knows his circumstances..however i will take a wild guess & say he is in a petty strop at the mo & his petulence is ruling his head...

Im quite sure if the lad wanted to play for hibs he would be working his ass off right at this moment in time ..

However ...

JimBHibees
29-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Here's my thought he will sign for Al Ahily and Hibs will take the hit of a nominal or no fee. Egyptian team obviously backing off when they found out Hibs wanted money.

sadtom
29-07-2009, 09:15 AM

I do know for a fact that in a bounce game when Evans told him to work harder and show some effort, he accused Evans of being a racist!!!

Stevie Wonder, in a fog, with a bag over his head could see that Benji's attitude changed after the cis win. He seemed to think he had paid the club back in spades and that trying a leg was no longer required. Thought he was too good for Hibs and that a big move was coming his way.

He is the architect of his own misfortune and those excusing his attitude and behaviour are clutching at straws.

hibsbollah
29-07-2009, 09:16 AM
He didn't apprently figure in Mixu's plans

He was asked to get himself another club apparently

The chairman wanted Hibs to get some cash apparently

He didn't exactly feel wanted at Hibs apparently

Some Hibs fans are apparently allocating 100% of the blame to Benji for this sorry mess

Correct:agree: And factor in a difficult thigh injury (as described by the club doctor), the death of his father and the break up of his marriage all in the same season, and another alternative picture emerges. Still, more fun to stick the knife into one of our most talented players eh no:rolleyes:

erskine-hibby
29-07-2009, 09:18 AM
My opinion of the lad has not changed. I would love to see him back at Hibs...BUT! only if he comes with the right attitude:agree:.
We need another striker IMHO and Benji (if his head is in the right place) would be perfect.

maturehibby
29-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Why has no team from Morocco his homeland come in for him ? do they know something we dont

stubru59
29-07-2009, 09:36 AM
A lifeboat coming to rescue Benji would need to have three things on board:

1. A job analyst

2. A psychologist

3. A lawyer

One would tell him what his job was.

Two would tell him how best to go about doing that job.

Three would tell him the consequences of not doing either of the above.

All the rest is hot air.

Green_one
29-07-2009, 11:35 AM
I always held out a hope he would come good at some point.

However, his inability to get fixed up in a number of environments indicate to me that it will never happen.

He is always going to be the guy with an indication of talent but a lot of other problems. At the moment he is an unfit guy who does not really want to play for us and is blocking others.

Get rid of him. If not then when is he going to play (needs to get well, get fit and play his way into the team) and how is he going to play. The answer from previous seasons is that it will not be worth waiting for.

Yogi says he has 28 players and wants less that 20. I cannot see that Benji will be retained.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-07-2009, 11:53 AM
I think that Hibs were always going to be his bridge to Barcelona or Real. Unfortunately for Benji, I don't think that the Spaniards were aware of that. Personally, my attitude to him changed after the game at Aberdeen where he simply refused to stay upright and at one point even Jones was lifting him up and telling to get on with things. I never, never, never ever want to see someone do that in a Hibs jersey, but to be fair, everyone has their own opinion. I don't want him back.

DaveSo
29-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Are we still paying his wages ?

Golden Bear
29-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Are we still paying his wages ?

Very good question.

He's obviously still under contract so I'd expect him still to be receiving something from us.

Aldo
29-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Sorry but benji's problems are of his own making. A manager tells him to buck his ideas up and he goes away and sulks. Just think about your gaffer telling you to get on with it and you throw a strop??? P45 me thinks.

The lad has undoubted talent however he should of rolled his sleeves up and worked hard to prove he was good enough.

For me he is taking the P and unless he has returned (and to date I still think he is AWOL) and working hard he can GTF.

Hughes realises this and was hoping to get shot of him and get some dosh.

Sorry but a complete waste of space and money.

Benji :bye:

basehibby
29-07-2009, 01:15 PM
My opinion of the lad has not changed. I would love to see him back at Hibs...BUT! only if he comes with the right attitude:agree:.
We need another striker IMHO and Benji (if his head is in the right place) would be perfect.

:top marksBenji is great IF his head is in the right place. Trouble is (and we've all seen it in action) if he's not fully focused then he's a complete waste of space.

Conclusion - If AlAhli are playing hardball - well there's probably some room for negotiation - but there's got to be a limit to that. If they're clearly taking the pish and trying to take advantage then they should be told to take a hike into the desert.

That being the case then we'll be stuck with Benji for the season for better or worse. If that happens then it only makes sense to give him a fair chance - and if he doesn't take it and his attitude still stinks - then stick him in the reserves and let him rot there. It would be a waste of a wage but at least it would prove a point - ie. don't **** with the Hibees if you know what's good for you.

khib70
29-07-2009, 01:32 PM

:agree:100% Still, with AOB, Kerr, Morais, HKT and Chisholm all gone, someone has to take on the role of Antichrist (AntiMohammed????).

Seems the less actual knowledge some people have, the quicker they are to draw conclusions. Like, for instance, let's put a genuinely talented natural finisher in the reserves because he's been a naughty boy.:rolleyes:

Franck is God
29-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Simple fact is that Benji is currently a Hibs player and a pretty decent quality one too.

I for one was really pleased that he was coming back as both he and Zemmama were capable of doing that 'something' different that can win you a tight game. When it looked like he was signing for someone else i was pretty disappointed, maybe what has happened will turn out to be a good thing for Hibs.

Jim44
29-07-2009, 02:17 PM
The guy is simply working his ticket to get out of his contract as cheaply as possible. If he's swanning around Europe at Hibs' expense I can't understand why Petrie isn't telling him to get his butt back pronto. At least if he was here we could be in control of the situation. As far as I can see, he will never kick a ball for Hibs again and the sooner we get him off our books the better.

Craig_in_Prague
29-07-2009, 02:22 PM
have we been paying his wages since the end of the season?

I mean surely we should suspend his wages, he has not turned up for training, just hope we're not paying for this guy and is money being completely wasted.
Let's hope he's officially off the books ASAP and Yogi brings in a player committed to the cause.

Andy74
29-07-2009, 02:36 PM
:agree:100% Still, with AOB, Kerr, Morais, HKT and Chisholm all gone, someone has to take on the role of Antichrist (AntiMohammed????).

Seems the less actual knowledge some people have, the quicker they are to draw conclusions. Like, for instance, let's put a genuinely talented natural finisher in the reserves because he's been a naughty boy.:rolleyes:

This Benji not being commited thing has grown a few arms and legs.

Whenever he's played he's always looked up for it to me and was certainly a happy boy after scoring against Hearts and after the league cup final.

There's maybe the game against Queens Park away when the whole team were a disgrace and he was certainly frustrated.

He's had a bad time with injury and personal problems including the death of his faither and he's a young lad away from home.

So, he told Evans to get tae during a reserve game, so what? That happens most days on football and training pitches everwhere.

I can't say I've been impressed with him not coming back here but the actual truth of the matter I don't know about, and neither do others. It seems he was told he was free to move if he could get a deal elsewhere and it suited Hibs. When he's been given that message it's not difficult to see why he has pursued that option.

He should have been told pretty clearly he coming back and that was that.

The fact that we aren't hearing stories about him being disciplined suggests that there's a bit more to it than him just not turning up.

Playing well he's a £1m striker at least and if there's even a wee chance that we could get him back to that form then we should take it.

I don't see the point in chasing the guy out of town. I've seen no real evidence of why I should hate him or feel that he's in any way disrespected Hibs.

People talk about his criticism of Mixu but if you get the detail of the full interview he's actually quite complimentary about the club, and Mixu as a person but that the style didn't really suit him.

That context has been lost a bit.

Anyway, anyone who scores a winner against Hearts and a double in a national cup final win in his few appearances for us so far gets a bit of leeway as far as I'm concerned.

And if his being here could keep Zemmama happy then even better.

khib70
29-07-2009, 02:40 PM

Whenever he's played he's always looked up for it to me and was certainly a happy boy after scoring against Hearts and after the league cup final.

There's maybe the game against Queens Park away when the whole team were a disgrace and he was certainly frustrated.

He's had a bad time with injury and personal problems including the death of his faither and he's a young lad away from home.

So, he told Evans to get tae during a reserve game, so what? That happens most days on football and training pitches everwhere.

I can't say I've been impressed with him not coming back here but the actual truth of the matter I don't know about, and neither do others. It seems he was told he was free to move if he could get a deal elsewhere and it suited Hibs. When he's been given that message it's not difficult to see why he has pursued that option.

The fact that we aren't hearing stories about him being disciplined suggests that there's a bit more to it than him just not turning up.

Playing well he's a £1m striker at least and if there's even a wee chance that we could get him back to that form then we should take it.

I don't see the point in chasing the guy out of town. I've seen no real evidence of why I should hate him or feel that he's in any way disrespected Hibs.

People talk about his criticism of Mixu but if you get the detail of the full interview he's actually quite complimentary about the club, and Mixu as a person but that the style didn't really suit him.

Anyway, anyone who scores a winner against Hearts and a double in a national cup final win in his few appearances for us so far gets a bit of leeway as far as I'm concerned.

:top marks What he said

TornadoHibby
29-07-2009, 03:13 PM

:top marks

Totally Agree! :agree:

With JH in charge of motivating this young man, I don't think Hibs have anything to lose here! :agree: :wink:

RIP
29-07-2009, 03:14 PM
If and when Benji does come back let's say then he does buckle down in training. After a few games he works his way back into the reckoning and is brought on as a sub after an hour when Deeks or Nishy are blowing it oot their erchie.

What response do you think he will get?

I'm confident that the East stand will cheer loudly.

I will hope to be at that game and if I am, my family and I will be the first to raise a shout of support!:thumbsup:

VegasHibby
29-07-2009, 03:24 PM

You're not serious are you ? I'm sure most Hibbys would love him to play. But he's had such a bad attitude. He brought it on himself.
But you never know.maybe Yogi can turn it all around.....

sadtom
29-07-2009, 03:27 PM

There is a world of difference between having an argument/disagreement/telling one of your bosses where to go and accusing someone of being a racist for no good reason!!

LEEWAY!!! The boy has been given more slack from Hibs than Kate Moss in a pair of Michelle McManus's hand me down knickers!!

He has said all the right things at the right time but since the cis final has not backed his words with action.
He has treated us with comtempt and like gullible fools we've bought it for a long time. No more for me i'm afraid, the guy is a total chancer.

Littlest Hobo
29-07-2009, 03:32 PM
A quality manager would love to get him under their wing.....it's all about sorting what's wrong with such enigmas.

There's been loads of them in every walk of life.

I myself am absolutely brilliant at everything, I just cannae be arsed trying hard enough..:greengrin YEP ME TOO :greengrin

I like the part about a "quality manager" what a chance Yogi has here to make himself look an even better manager than he already is and make Benji a better player than he already is. :thumbsup:

ancient hibee
29-07-2009, 03:44 PM
There is a world of difference between having an argument/disagreement/telling one of your bosses where to go and accusing someone of being a racist for no good reason!!

LEEWAY!!! The boy has been given more slack from Hibs than Kate Moss in a pair of Michelle McManus's hand me down knickers!!

He has said all the right things at the right time but since the cis final has not backed his words with action.
He has treated us with comtempt and like gullible fools we've bought it for a long time. No more for me i'm afraid, the guy is a total chancer.
Don't suppose you have a photo(of Kate Moss I mean).

(((Fergus)))
29-07-2009, 03:47 PM
You're not serious are you ? I'm sure most Hibbys would love him to play. But he's had such a bad attitude. He brought it on himself.
But you never know.maybe Yogi can turn it all around.....

Players get bollocked before they have a chance to show their attitude and some obviously take exception to it. I remember seeing this happen that night at Queen's Park. It's a chicken/egg scenario though. Benji is at fault for being so oversensitive, fans are at fault for being so overcritical.

Violater
29-07-2009, 04:44 PM
The plum is to much work for very little in return. We would be better off loading him and use the wage for a player that will give 100% for Yogi.

sadtom
29-07-2009, 05:16 PM

Just a photographic memory. Or was it photographic figment of my imagination! I can never remember.:greengrin

sadtom
29-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Also, does nobody remember Benji being out for months (i think it was Ramadan the 12" version) claiming to be injured at the end of the religious observance. Being allowed to go to Morrocco whilst injured. Then despite the express order of JC and the club he turns out for the national team gets injured again, is unable (or unwilling) to play for the club for another month or so then again appears for the national team, again against the wishes of the club.
The boys a trier right enough.
Not one to rely on in a gunfight i'd say.

greenlex
29-07-2009, 05:36 PM

I saw Michelle on the Tellybox last week and she was looking rather hot. If Insm being honest with myself here I would say she would get it.:agree:

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2009, 06:00 PM
I saw Michelle on the Tellybox last week and she was looking rather hot. If Insm being honest with myself here I would say she would get it.:agree:

Too far, far too far.:jamboak:

Wilson
29-07-2009, 06:05 PM

She did appear hot. I noticed the sweat dripping backwards off he forehead to avoid running down her face.

hibsbollah
17-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Benji; still proving a few folk wrong:thumbsup:

jabis
17-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Benji; still proving a few folk wrong:thumbsup:

:faf:

nice trawl :thumbsup:

hibsbollah
17-10-2009, 08:30 PM
:faf:

nice trawl :thumbsup:

Well its better than watching 'strictly come dancing' with the wife and kids:yawn::greengrin

jabis
17-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Well its better than watching 'strictly come dancing' with the wife and kids:yawn::greengrin

:agree::agree::agree::agree:

renato
17-10-2009, 08:52 PM

God, tell me about it !!

Cropley10
17-10-2009, 08:54 PM

Scores the winner for the second time in 8 games this season.

Glad to have him back... plenty of other teams would welcome a player with his talent. Thought he worked hard and looked happy.

Si_17
18-10-2009, 01:28 AM
This topic proves some of our own are idiots.

One Day Soon
18-10-2009, 09:14 AM
'some'?

(((Fergus)))
18-10-2009, 10:12 AM
'some'?

No one who has anything to do with Hibs is Hibs class :boo hoo:

jakedance
18-10-2009, 11:23 AM
I think Benji deserves a lot of credit. Folk have questioned his attitude in the past but over the last couple of games he put a lot of work in for his team. Like a few others he's not exactly on top form but he put a shift in.

I think it's clear that Collins and Yogi know how to manage Benji and Mixu didnae.

sadtom
18-10-2009, 11:30 AM

Like Yogi?

Luna_Asylum
18-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Yogi on Benji - (sauce) BBC interview after Dundee Utd game

"He’s a wonderful wee guy (Zemmama) him and benji"

Luna_Asylum
18-10-2009, 02:09 PM
more from yogi on benji - fishy site 18/10/09

"Benji was different class." (on his performance yesterday)

"the way he has been training has been different class."

Hibercelona
18-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Yogi was angry at Benji for trying to engineer a move away near the start of the season.... this had nothing to do with his talent as a player.

I don't think anyone could question Benji's talent when he puts the effort in.

I for one am just glad that he's still with us. :agree:

sadtom
18-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Yogi was angry at Benji for trying to engineer a move away near the start of the season.... this had nothing to do with his talent as a player.

I don't think anyone could question Benji's talent when he puts the effort in.

I for one am just glad that he's still with us. :agree:

Dont think i've read a single post on any thread that doesn't recognise that the guy has real ability. In fact i reckon thats what most peoples problem was with the guy, if he had been peesh then nobody would even cared to post. Its his attitude and application that are questionable.

Pleased to see he seems to be upping his game again (though still needs to sharpen up a bit IMHO) and hope his progress continues.
He still needs to prove to me his heart is with the club and that he truly wants to pay us back for our understanding as a club and as a support.
It will be interesting to see how he reacts if/when another club offers him 30 bob more a week.

Nonetheless its good to see that he is begining to produce on the park, cause talk is cheap and as for badge kissing! I gave up believing any of that keech a long, LONG time ago. Its an act to placate simpletons.

For me the jury is still out, though the signs of some sort of return to form are good. I truly hope he is happy here, enjoying himself at the club again and continues to do the business.

Regarding his previous behaviour, I for one stand by every word i've said about the guy.

monktonharp
18-10-2009, 06:09 PM
he does indeed have football ability in abundance,he's scored a penalty.well done Benji. he's training and trying hard ,well done again. he's working,good luck,a lot of people are not in these uncertain times. get yer nose tae the grinder benji,playing proffesional fitba' is what you are paid for,and you have a contract, :cool2:

Hibercelona
18-10-2009, 06:10 PM
he does indeed have football ability in abundance,he's scored a penalty.well done Benji. he's training and trying hard ,well done again. he's working,good luck,a lot of people are not in these uncertain times. get yer nose tae the grinder benji,playing proffesional fitba' is what you are paid for,and you have a contract, :cool2:

He loves you too. :greengrin

Ed De Gramo
18-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Benji is very talented but he's an enigma.

Yogi should do what Alex McLeish done for their Mexican striker....bring over the national coaches and find out what he's like when playing for them