PDA

View Full Version : NHC Only Three Newcastle Fans ....

blaikie
24-07-2009, 02:08 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8166024.stm
:greengrin:faf:

JE89
24-07-2009, 02:10 PM
No wonder - its bloody dreadful! :faf:

IWasThere2016
24-07-2009, 02:13 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8166024.stm
:greengrin:faf:

They're a joke just now.

I cannot see them getting out of the Championship next season - their 'preparation' is a joke! If I was interested in buying - I wouldn't - as I think Ashley might take them into an even weaker (thus cheaper to buy) position.

What a mess!

wazoo1875
24-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Three too many if you ask me , that f***ing thing is honkin :jamboak:

Winston Ingram
24-07-2009, 04:40 PM
i would have thought those great fans would have been camped out on their deck chairs for that one

Pete70
24-07-2009, 05:21 PM
I was in Newcastle with a few mates last weekend. According to the local paper on Sunday they have "only" sold 15,000 season tickets.

StevieC
24-07-2009, 05:41 PM
They're a joke just now.

Based on a honkin' away strip?

They were sh***, they got relegated, they are currently a championship side.

However, they are a championship side with over 40,000 paying customers and I suspect that, despite going through a change of ownership, there are quite a few teams would like to be in that position.

I cannot see them getting out of the Championship next season - their 'preparation' is a joke! If I was interested in buying - I wouldn't - as I think Ashley might take them into an even weaker (thus cheaper to buy) position.

What do you know about the "preperation" that Newcastle fans dont?
To the best of my knowledge they are training and playing pre-season friendlies (of which they are winning fairly convincingly) the same as every other club in the division.

At the moment they have a coach rather than a manager but that is down to ongoing negotiations for the sale of the club and is unavoidable.

I suspect that the sale of the club might have a knock on effect to the start of the season so I am personally anticipating a slow start and then a foray into the transfer market in January to strengthen the team and hopefully secure a play off place.

StevieC
24-07-2009, 05:50 PM
I was in Newcastle with a few mates last weekend. According to the local paper on Sunday they have "only" sold 15,000 season tickets.

I suspect it will be around the 25,000 mark, but it's still a huge drop from the previous season.

The trouble is that the stadium used to sell out and you pretty much HAD to have a season ticket to get to the games. Now that supporters know they have the option of picking and choosing their games there wont be as many feeling that they have to have a season ticket. I still think that there will be crowds of 40,000+ on match days though.

Winston Ingram
24-07-2009, 06:29 PM
I suspect it will be around the 25,000 mark, but it's still a huge drop from the previous season.

The trouble is that the stadium used to sell out and you pretty much HAD to have a season ticket to get to the games. Now that supporters know they have the option of picking and choosing their games there wont be as many feeling that they have to have a season ticket. I still think that there will be crowds of 40,000+ on match days though.

Was that before the extra tier?

StevieC
24-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Was that before the extra tier?

They sold out pretty much every league game from 1992 until 2008.

The extra tier was added in 1999 to accomodate a 15,000 strong waiting list for season tickets.

Si_17
24-07-2009, 06:47 PM
http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1732571,00.html#continue

Typical bull**** to try and mock the Toon.:rolleyes: Looks like far more than that to me.

Hibercelona
24-07-2009, 06:58 PM
http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1732571,00.html#continue

Typical bull**** to try and mock the Toon.:rolleyes: Looks like far more than that to me.

Look at the grin on some of the players faces. :greengrin

How much Prozac do you reckon they are taking? :wink:

blaikie
24-07-2009, 11:39 PM
http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1732571,00.html#continue (http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278%7E1732571,00.html#continue)

The look on Duff's face is priceless, From a league winner with Chelsea to signing shirts for Newcastle fans whilst dressed as a canary :cool2: Masterstroke by O'Brien to get out of there if you ask me :greengrin

Pete
25-07-2009, 12:55 AM
I actually like Newcastles new away top. I don't understand why some people are so offended by it?

People have just been using this as a stick to beat newcastle with...do so at your peril because they are an established premiership team and if they don't come up this year they will the year after.

If any team, or city deserves to get it right then it's Newcastle.

edit: Adidas have completely ripped off the umbro tops from the mid-eighties with that collar. They might think we wouldn't notice but we have!

lyonhibs
25-07-2009, 01:02 AM
As an aside, who is actually in charge at Newcastle these days??

Did Shearer bail after relegation or is he still there??

I suspect that comfy couch on MoTD is seeming pretty darn tempting right about now..................

Part/Time Supporter
25-07-2009, 07:19 AM
They're a joke just now.

What a mess!

I can.

Into League One with them.

:greengrin

ArabHibee
25-07-2009, 08:45 AM

That picture of the fans queueing outside the the ground has been photoshopped and they've added loads more fans! :duck:

AndyP
25-07-2009, 08:51 AM
As an aside, who is actually in charge at Newcastle these days??

Did Shearer bail after relegation or is he still there??

I suspect that comfy couch on MoTD is seeming pretty darn tempting right about now..................

Due to Ashley trying to sell the club, Shearer apparently hasn't been offered/hasn't accepted (delete as appropriate) the position. As with Redknapp before him most sensible managers wouldn't take a position until it's sorted out

heretoday
25-07-2009, 08:56 AM
I actually like Newcastles new away top. I don't understand why some people are so offended by it?

People have just been using this as a stick to beat newcastle with...do so at your peril because they are an established premiership team and if they don't come up this year they will the year after.

If any team, or city deserves to get it right then it's Newcastle.

edit: Adidas have completely ripped off the umbro tops from the mid-eighties with that collar. They might think we wouldn't notice but we have!

I agree. The top is horrible but I've seen a lot worse. Remember that green and purple stripe we had once? I never saw us win many matches wearing that!

The prem needs Newcastle back in better shape and hopefully minus the freeloaders it presently has on the staff.

Hannah_hfc
25-07-2009, 11:50 AM

In the first picture you can clearly see the 3 who queued for their yellow shirt :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
25-07-2009, 05:32 PM
I can.

Orient 6-1 Newcastle

:hmmm:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/results/default.stm

Hibs90
25-07-2009, 05:42 PM
No wonder - its bloody dreadful! :faf:

Your signature. :wink::thumbsup:

AFKA5814_Hibs
25-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Orient 6-1 Newcastle

:hmmm:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/results/default.stm

NUFC: Tim Krul, Habib Beye, Jose Enrique, Steven Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini, Joey Barton, Damien Duff, Kevin Nolan, Jonas Gutierrez, Alan Smith (c), Oba Martins

That starting line up cost Newcastle £50m. :eek:

mixumatosis
25-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Based on a honkin' away strip?

They were sh***, they got relegated, they are currently a championship side.

However, they are a championship side with over 40,000 paying customers and I suspect that, despite going through a change of ownership, there are quite a few teams would like to be in that position.

Great point. There's 3 and a half divisions who finished below us last term so there's quite a few teams who would have liked to be in our position. I feel much better now.

Do you think that's a comfort to one single NUFC fan ?

anon1
26-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Bye Bye Newcastle! :bye:

Tompo
26-07-2009, 09:49 AM
6-1 against orient:hilarious

lyonhibs
26-07-2009, 10:07 AM
6-1 against orient:hilarious

Pre-season friendly or not, that must represent one of their most humiliating pumpings EVER :faf::faf:.

Tompo
26-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Pre-season friendly or not, that must represent one of their most humiliating pumpings EVER :faf::faf:.

I went to an orient game two seasons ago and it was one of the worst games I've ever seen. League 1 teams are terrible.

Velma Dinkley
26-07-2009, 11:08 AM
I was at the Orient game yesterday and Newcastle were bloody awful. They were all over the place and Orient weren't playing particularly well. The Newcastle players just didn't seem bothered at all.

StevieC
26-07-2009, 04:21 PM
The Newcastle players just didn't seem bothered at all.

Same players as last season so not surprising.

They need to get the sale of the club sorted to allow a manager to come in and start signing players.

Part/Time Supporter
26-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Same players as last season so not surprising.

They need to get the sale of the club sorted to allow a manager to come in and start signing players.

It's a similar scenario to last season though. After Keegan was sacked, Ashley said he wanted to sell, and set a price tag commensurate with Newcastle being an established Premier League club. The problem was that everybody could see there was a risk of them being relegated, and wouldn't meet that price. Now he's probably setting a price that's calculated on the assumption of them going straight back up, which isn't going to happen unless he buggers off.

StevieC
26-07-2009, 04:55 PM
It's a similar scenario to last season though. After Keegan was sacked, Ashley said he wanted to sell, and set a price tag commensurate with Newcastle being an established Premier League club. The problem was that everybody could see there was a risk of them being relegated, and wouldn't meet that price. Now he's probably setting a price that's calculated on the assumption of them going straight back up, which isn't going to happen unless he buggers off.

He set a price tag of 100m (o.n.o.).

He apparently had 3 parties interested at that price tag.

Negotiations are a fair bit down the line with one of those parties, with another one watching how things progress.

I would hope that it would be concluded within the next couple of weeks but as Newcastle are a football club with a turnover of around £100m then I suspect that there are a lot of "i"'s need dotted and "t"'s need crossed.

ps KK was not sacked

StevieC
28-09-2009, 07:48 PM
I cannot see them getting out of the Championship next season - their 'preparation' is a joke!

What a mess!

It's nice to occassionally resurrect an old thread. :greengrin

Bye Bye Newcastle! :bye:

:bye:

I can.

... he's probably setting a price that's calculated on the assumption of them going straight back up, which isn't going to happen unless he buggers off ...

I'm still hopeful he does "bugger off" .. but it doesn't seem to be affecting the teams chances of getting promoted at the moment.

:wink:

HibbyAndy
28-09-2009, 07:53 PM
My tips are WBA and M'boro to come up automatically..with Newcastle finishing in a playoff place.

Long long way to go Before Newcastle fans start getting there cheepys.

yogi984
28-09-2009, 08:00 PM
My tips are WBA and M'boro to come up automatically..with Newcastle finishing in a playoff place.

The toon are by far the most talented side in the league. I dont think they will lose much at home which is a good basis to get promoted. Boro and the baggies are young sides and will be inconsistent.

HibbyAndy
28-09-2009, 08:06 PM
The toon are by far the most talented side in the league. I dont think they will lose much at home which is a good basis to get promoted. Boro and the baggies are young sides and will be inconsistent.

Newcastle have lost Viduka, Martins, Bassong etc... and WBA and Boro have recent/ish experience as to how to get out of this division.

I really dont expect Newcastle to be in an automatic place come May, but hey that my opinion.

Part/Time Supporter
28-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Newcastle have lost Viduka, Martins, Bassong etc... and WBA and Boro have recent/ish experience as to how to get out of this division.

I really dont expect Newcastle to be in an automatic place come May, but hey that my opinion.

Boro looked good before they sold Huth, since then they have fallen to bits defensively.

HibbyAndy
28-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Boro looked good before they sold Huth, since then they have fallen to bits defensively.

Big loss i agree.

But i certainly wouldnt say losing Huth will be detrimental to them.

Injurys and suspensions will be pivitol to teams like Newcastle WBA and Boro throughout the season, im picking WBA and Boro to take the two outright automatic spots tho.

Broken Gnome
28-09-2009, 08:17 PM
I could've sworn was upped because the Hearts/Scotland top made the three brave souls to buy the yellow monstrosity look like a baying mob. Sorely disappointed.

HibbyKeith
28-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Newcastle have lost Viduka, Martins, Bassong etc... .

Viduka was rank rotton at newcastle, plagued by injury, martins was another who had his fair share of injurys while at the club, so with that said i dont think those two are as big a loss as alot of people seem to think, well know names but the retirement of viduka speaks for itself.

bassong is a different story, along with the sale of Habib Beye to villa these guys are the type of players toon needed to keep imo.

Time will tell i suppose, but even with the loss of a few decent players there is still alot of quality at the club (for that league anyway), Toon biggest problem this season will be injury and suspension.

StevieC
29-09-2009, 10:01 PM

Tonights results helped a little though ..

chirpy chirpy cheep cheep

yogi984
29-09-2009, 11:23 PM

Like I said both them are young teams, far too inconsistent. 2 losses in a row now for wba and 2 homes in a row for boro. The toon and cardiff for me.

HibbyAndy
30-09-2009, 08:13 AM

Trust me eh :greengrin

StevieC
09-12-2009, 09:42 PM
They're a joke just now.
I cannot see them getting out of the Championship
What a mess!

Aye, I'm gutted!

Not this season I'm afraid.

StevieC
30-03-2010, 12:40 AM
They're a joke just now.
I cannot see them getting out of the Championship next season - their 'preparation' is a joke!
What a mess!

Thought I'd pop back to this thread :wink:

Bye Bye Newcastle!

.. as they leave Forest behind to fight it out in the play-offs. :greengrin

Now he's probably setting a price that's calculated on the assumption of them going straight back up, which isn't going to happen unless he buggers off.

I'll break the bad news to him for you.

Hibbie_Cameron
30-03-2010, 12:51 AM
Great thread.

Well remembered Stevie:thumbsup:

Delighted for Jose tonight, he never had a clue what to do when he scored:faf:

berwickhibee
30-03-2010, 08:39 AM
newcastle are the best team in the championship,well done chris hughton for building a team good enough to get out of a tough league.

next season will be a challenge if new players are not forthcoming though.

good to see the bigger clubs return to the top league,would love to see leeds eventually get back aswell.

my mates are all creaming themselves at NUFC after last night,but they all worry about hughton in the top league,time will tell though.:wink:

GerryS
30-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Nice one.
I will be on the Gallowgate End for the Sheff Utd, Blackpool and Ipswich games.
Should be there for promotion being clinched and hopefully also the championship.

hibbymac
30-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Thought I'd pop back to this thread :wink:

.. as they leave Forest behind to fight it out in the play-offs. :greengrin

The strips still sh**e, though. :greengrin:wink:

down-the-slope
30-03-2010, 10:13 AM
The strips still sh**e, though. :greengrin:wink:

:agree: to quote the eloquent father 'eits the most horibleist strip iv'e seen in mee life'

StevieC
30-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Nice one.
I will be on the Gallowgate End for the Sheff Utd, Blackpool and Ipswich games.
Should be there for promotion being clinched and hopefully also the championship.
I will be in the Leazes :wink:

Part/Time Supporter
31-03-2010, 08:34 AM

Alright, now where's that thread where I predicted that St. J's would finish in the top six this season?

:agree:

StevieC
06-05-2010, 01:58 AM
Now that the season is over and Newcastle managed a record breaking Championship season (highest attendance, unbeaten at home, 22 clean sheets and 17 game unbeaten unbeaten run), whilst breaking the 100 point barrier ...

I just thought I would bring this thread up one more time so we can draw a line under some wreckless pre-season predictions.

seanraff07
06-05-2010, 02:02 AM
Thank goodness we've turned things round since the friendly with Leyton Orient.:greengrin