CraigHibee
19-07-2009, 03:19 PM
http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=454086

bit cheesed off if this is true!

RickyS
19-07-2009, 03:27 PM

heard this yesterday mate, the lads a tool of the highest order. he must have a pretty high opionion of himself, imagine how good he would be if he had Zouma's attitude.
with us he could have got a move to the championship or premiership, but I dont think Real Madrid have many scouts in Egypt.
Hope everythings goes breast skyward from now on Benji, you will deserve nothing less

Ed De Gramo
19-07-2009, 03:29 PM

£250,000 for a time waster....great money, lets get it invested in the team though

CapitalHibs
19-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Abdel's posting on the Bounce puts the price at 500,000 Euros.

Hibernian Verse
19-07-2009, 03:34 PM
£431,500 is a good price for him.

GloryGlory
19-07-2009, 03:45 PM
£431,500 is a good price for him.

:agree: :agree: Bite their hands off!! Shame to see Benji go, but he obviously is not motivated to play for Hibs - hasn't kicked a ball in over two years. Better to take the money on offer than force him to come back and have him moping around the place, with his imaginary injuries, not to mention the impact on the other players and team spirit.

Hibernian Verse
19-07-2009, 03:48 PM
:agree: :agree: Bite their hands off!! Shame to see Benji go, but he obviously is not motivated to play for Hibs - hasn't kicked a ball in over two years. Better to take the money on offer than force him to come back and have him moping around the place, with his imaginary injuries, not to mention the impact on the other players and team spirit.

Hibs gave him his European breakthrough. Make it in Scotland, you get picked up by English teams and so on. Zemmama seems greatful of the opportunity, but Benji just acts like an ungrateful teenager, and that's harsh on us :greengrin

Betty Boop
19-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Wonder if he will be playing against Celtic in the Wembley Cup?

Bob Box Fish
19-07-2009, 04:04 PM
As long as some of the £3.7m brought in goes towards strengthening the team then get rid. He got a new contract under TM and after shipping other high earners such as AOB and Fletch surely there is scope to aim higher than freebies from a team who dodged the delegation bullet on the final day?

Can anyone summerise the total INS / OUTS thusfar to consider the wage bill after the end of last season? I wouldn't imagine the u 19's would be on anywhere near your gatheussi's etc who were freed ?

Hibernian Verse
19-07-2009, 04:11 PM
As long as some of the £3.7m brought in goes towards strengthening the team then get rid. He got a new contract under TM and after shipping other high earners such as AOB and Fletch surely there is scope to aim higher than freebies from a team who dodged the delegation bullet on the final day?

Can anyone summerise the total INS / OUTS thusfar to consider the wage bill after the end of last season? I wouldn't imagine the u 19's would be on anywhere near your gatheussi's etc who were freed ?

Apparently O'Brien and Fletcher were on £4000 + bonuses each.

Newhaven
19-07-2009, 04:15 PM
And to think some posters wanted to give Benji more time and yet another go :faf:

He's been playing us for mugs since the start of the 08 season. Far better off without him.

Landells
19-07-2009, 04:19 PM
I'm happy Zemmamas back. :agree:

Dibben
19-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Benji has been a massive waste of talent since the cup final!!

With that attitude, he won't go much further in the game!!

BH.

stubru59
19-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Even if he was to turn up tomorrow, does anyone seriously believe he wants to be here?

Take the money, bring in someone who does want to be here and move on.

blackpoolhibs
19-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Benji has been a massive waste of talent since the cup final!!

With that attitude, he won't go much further in the game!!

BH.

Yip, good ability, but a complete shyster. He says the right things to the papers and tv, but we all know he did not want to come back. We are well rid, and the moneys not bad either, if we can believe the sums banded around. And even if we got nowt, at least he's away and we are not paying him another penny.

BT58
19-07-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm happy Zemmamas back. :agree:

at least zouma tried a bit when ramadan was on,,,,benji remember yer short lived memories
hb

BEEJ
19-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Out (12)
Tolmie
Yantorno
Gray
McNeil
Pinau
Chisolm
Rosa
Szamotoulski
Fletcher
O'Brien
Jones
Benjelloun

IN (3 +1)
Cregg
McBride
Galbraith
+
Zemamma

Promoted (7)
From the U-19s

So a much younger squad than last season - and a much reduced wage bill, I suspect.

blackpoolhibs
19-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Out (12)
Tolmie
Yantorno
Gray
McNeil
Pinau
Chisolm
Rosa
Szamotoulski
Fletcher
O'Brien
Jones
Benjelloun

IN (3 +1)
Creggan
McBride
Galbraith
+
Zemamma

Promoted (7)
From the U-19s

So a much younger squad than last season - and a much reduced wage bill, I suspect.

Yip, although i suspect it will be spent on a couple, maybe 3 decent signings before the end of the transfer window.

GlesgaeHibby
19-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Out (12)
Tolmie
Yantorno
Gray
McNeil
Pinau
Chisolm
Rosa
Szamotoulski
Fletcher
O'Brien
Jones
Benjelloun

IN (3 +1)
Creggan
McBride
Galbraith
+
Zemamma

Promoted (7)
From the U-19s

Jones, Fletcher and O'Brien leaving will have made a massive difference to the wage bill.

CRAZYHIBBY
19-07-2009, 06:16 PM
did we sign Tom mcready as well or did he not get a deal:confused:

Hibernian Verse
19-07-2009, 06:17 PM
did we sign Tom mcready as well or did he not get a deal:confused:

Signed for the U19s, so a small wage.

Spike Mandela
19-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Jones, Fletcher and O'Brien leaving will have made a massive difference to the wage bill.

Two of them leaving will also have a massive effect on the playing side as well.:boo hoo:

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-07-2009, 07:13 PM
I would not care if there was a transfer fee involved or not. Get this work-shy impostor off the books as soon as possible. No way back for him now.

Dibben
19-07-2009, 07:19 PM
I would not care if there was a transfer fee involved or not. Get this work-shy impostor off the books as soon as possible. No way back for him now.

:agree:

However, if we can get enough to cover someone's wages for the season all the better!!!

BH.

BEEJ
19-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Yip, although i suspect it will be spent on a couple, maybe 3 decent signings before the end of the transfer window.
I'm not convinced that the wage budget this year will be the same as last season. I think the Board spent a lot on wages to give Mixu every chance to dig himself out of a hole.

Yogi certainly has headroom to bring in an experienced keeper. Maybe one other player as well.

But other players might have to leave before we see any more than two more new faces.

Bostonhibby
19-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Richard the third of the highest order and I can see no reason why we would ever want a guy with this attitude back, Sometimes these things come back on you and if Benji falls on his erse or Madrid fail to sign him I will be delighted. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

iwasthere1972
19-07-2009, 07:25 PM

Not afraid to admit that I was one of the "Give him another chance" brigade.

Thoroughly disappointed in Benji if the news of him engineering a move away from Hibs is correct. His reputation says that it is.

Anyone know if we can slap a big fine on him for not turning up for training? If we can then what would be the maximum?

:grr: Benji do one.

scoopyboy
19-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Benji is a good player but the bottom line is he disnae want to play for Hibs.

Get the money in and move on I say.

I would use some of his money to get Cregg and Galbraith on longer deals if they start the season well.

IMO Benji thinks he is a free agent, he always seems to be negotiating deals without Hibs knowing much about it. I certainly wouldn't be releasing him from his contract, if that is the case I would rather Hibs put him out the game until his contract expires.

cammy1969
19-07-2009, 07:51 PM
i think we would be better of with benny from crossroads than benji from ? (sorry age & drink kicking in here )get him 2 £$%^

Woody1985
19-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Out (12)
Tolmie
Yantorno
Gray
McNeil
Pinau
Chisolm
Rosa
Szamotoulski
Fletcher
O'Brien
Jones
Benjelloun

IN (3 +1)
Cregg
McBride
Galbraith
+
Zemamma

Promoted (7)
From the U-19s

I thought it was disgraceful the way we treated this guy. I also think it's probably not done our reputation any good.

It would appear on the surface that an Italian club thought it would be a good place for him to come and develop us and improve us at the same time and never played him.

Steve-O
20-07-2009, 06:54 AM

I would use some of his money to get Cregg and Galbraith on longer deals if they start the season well.

IMO Benji thinks he is a free agent, he always seems to be negotiating deals without Hibs knowing much about it. I certainly wouldn't be releasing him from his contract, if that is the case I would rather Hibs put him out the game until his contract expires.

Indeed - how is this even allowed? We should sue the tube for breach of contract!

Barney McGrew
20-07-2009, 07:13 AM
I'd be delighted if this happens - £250-300k for someone who can't be ersed being here (and played one decent game in ten when he was) seems like a good deal to me.

J-C
20-07-2009, 07:31 AM
Indeed - how is this even allowed? We should sue the tube for breach of contract!

Although he went on loan last year, I think he was also told he could find another club if the money was to our liking, if he's intent on moving on then no loss, a few decent games does not make him a player.

Craig_in_Prague
20-07-2009, 07:34 AM
With Nish and Deek, supported by Johansson and Byrne - We don't need this selfish git.
Good riddance and bring on the new season.

IWasThere2016
20-07-2009, 07:44 AM

:agree: He'll be away soon

Ell_Chrisso
20-07-2009, 08:42 AM
TBH, the guy only ever had one game where he stood out, and that was against a very POOR kilmarnock side in a final..
Not taking anything away from us, we were terrific on the day
But when you look back on the Squad we had for that game, anyone playing upfront for Hibs would have had a goal fest!

Shows class, when hes in the mood, but thats not often enough to be a pro!

id be rubbing my hands at anything 250,000 + Hibs!

WILCO
20-07-2009, 09:59 AM
Benji was a decent player when coming on in the second half or for the last 25 minutes of a match, whenever he was in the starting line up apart from the League Cup Final he was poor, he played for himself and not the team, he won`t be missed by me sad to say.

Littlest Hobo
20-07-2009, 10:34 AM
And to think some posters wanted to give Benji more time and yet another go :faf:

He's been playing us for mugs since the start of the 08 season. Far better off without him.

:top marks

Have to agree mate. Some fans loyalty really was stretched to the limit were this guy is concerned. I really hope this doesn't fall through for him and he ends up back at Easrer Road or I fancy he might get the same treatment Beckam got from the Galaxy fans.:wink:

Leithenhibby
20-07-2009, 11:25 AM
From where I'm sitting his time was up a long time ago :agree: His behaviour is worse than my kids..ffs get tae.....

Time running out for Benji
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/-Time-running-out-for.5475005.jp

basehibby
20-07-2009, 02:03 PM

I was one that said to give him a chance under Hughes - that was assuming he might have shaken off his attitude and been prepared to put his problems behind him, try a leg for the team and prove himself under a new manager.
The latest signs however would suggest that he's learned nothing from his loan spell in Belgium fighting relegation - if that's the case then we're better off shot of him - take the money and run!
Pity mind - when focused and committed he can be an asset to any team. :bye:

staunchhibby
20-07-2009, 02:07 PM
We should hold on to his contract.Give him a dose of his own medication.Let him sit it out now.

IWasThere2016
20-07-2009, 02:13 PM
We should hold on to his contract.Give him a dose of his own medication.Let him sit it out now.

RP won't do that. It's not the principle it's the money :wink: :greengrin

The deal is 300,000 Euros + a freed up wage .. for a want-away player. No brainer! Bye Bye Benji

Dr Jimmy
20-07-2009, 02:15 PM
I thought it was disgraceful the way we treated this guy. I also think it's probably not done our reputation any good.

It would appear on the surface that an Italian club thought it would be a good place for him to come and develop us and improve us at the same time and never played him.

Totally agree, I can never understand taking someone on loan and then not giving them a chance. Surely the player must have been told he would be playing or why come and play for our reserves when he could stay with his club and play in the reserves.

--------
20-07-2009, 02:20 PM
I was one that said to give him a chance under Hughes - that was assuming he might have shaken off his attitude and been prepared to put his problems behind him, try a leg for the team and prove himself under a new manager.
The latest signs however would suggest that he's learned nothing from his loan spell in Belgium fighting relegation - if that's the case then we're better off shot of him - take the money and run!
Pity mind - when focused and committed he can be an asset to any team. :bye:

So was I - assuming he was prepared to come back and take the chance Hughes was offering.

But he isn't, and if we can get €500,000 for him, we should take it and be done with him.

That and the Jones fee would give Yogi enough leeway to bring in the goalie and centre-half we need.

Tomsk
20-07-2009, 02:22 PM
RP won't do that. It's not the principle it's the money :wink: :greengrin

The deal is 300,000 Euros + a freed up wage .. for a want-away player. No brainer! Bye Bye Benji

:greengrin

Do you ever watch Spongebob Squarepants? If you do, you will be familiar with the character Mr Crabs. Whenever I see Mr Crabs I always think of Rod. :wink:

micksoo
20-07-2009, 02:24 PM
If he doesn't come back we still need another striker.

1st choice: Deek and Nish

Back up: JJ and Byrne

In my view, that's not enough. We will need 1 more in case of injury.

Part/Time Supporter
20-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Totally agree, I can never understand taking someone on loan and then not giving them a chance. Surely the player must have been told he would be playing or why come and play for our reserves when he could stay with his club and play in the reserves.

Italian clubs don't have reserve teams. They usually send out fringe / youth players out on loan.

--------
20-07-2009, 02:35 PM
If he doesn't come back we still need another striker.

1st choice: Deek and Nish

Back up: JJ and Byrne

In my view, that's not enough. We will need 1 more in case of injury.

Quote:

But while admitting he wasn't "100 per cent" certain of all the ins and outs of Benji's situation, Hughes revealed that if the player wasn't prepared to return then he'd simply bring in a replacement.

He said: "Benji has to have to want to come back here, he has to be in the right frame of mind – but now there are all these rumblings.

"It would be a disappointment if he doesn't return because he is a talented boy. Everyone saw the enthusiasm and spirit of Zemmama at Dunfermline on Saturday – he was outstanding – and I'd love to see Benji back playing with the same smile on his face."

Pointing out that Benji was already nearly three weeks behind the rest of the squad in terms of pre-season training Hughes added: "Time is running out for him. I have to be fair to the rest of the squad who are in here working hard.

"Eventually you have to say enough is enough and move on. No-one is bigger than the club, the club comes first and if it is not Benji it will be someone else.

"There will be a lot of comings and goings between now and the start of the season and over the next year until I have my stamp on things. I want to bring in players, good professionals who are hungry and have the desire to succeed."

Sounds to me that unless he shows up pronto, Hughes intends to bin him and bring in someone else. Someone who'll put in the hard graft that Hughes is demanding from everyone.

It also sounds as if a number of players are playing for their places in the squad right now - "a lot of comings and goings" suggests that the squad's by no means settled yet.

EasterRoad4Ever
21-07-2009, 04:56 AM
http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines/display.var.2521133.0.Egyptians_claim_to_have_sign ed_Benjelloun.php

This is one of a few reports claiming he's gone for c £400k. Good player but too moody who hasnt kicked a ball since 2007. So good piece of business for Hibs and more money for Petrie to count :rolleyes:

Sloppy
19-08-2009, 07:38 PM

nope hes still here :agree::faf:

blueisthecolour
19-08-2009, 07:54 PM

Is this the boy who scored the winner at the weekend or is that the other one?

lyonhibs
19-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Is this the boy who scored the winner at the weekend or is that the other one?

Aye that's the one.

"The other one" is Zemmamma - who is - at the moment - pretty much the SOLE creative impetus from midfield we have, and he's injured at the moment.

Benji is either a great player or an empty shirt, with a pronounced tendency towards the latter towards the end of his last spell at Hibs. He's had his "one last chance" for me, but as he remains a Hibs player, he has my support.

Of course, if he knocks in a couple against your mob, he'll be my new hero and idol :greengrin

lapsedhibee
19-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Aye that's the one.

"The other one" is Zemmamma - who is - at the moment - pretty much the SOLE creative impetus from midfield we have, and he's injured at the moment.

Disagree. Shirley "the other one" to whom the friendly hun refers is Youness Bengelloun, who did/didnae/did and finally didnae sign for us? :dunno:

lyonhibs
19-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Disagree. Shirley "the other one" to whom the friendly hun refers is Youness Bengelloun, who did/didnae/did and finally didnae sign for us? :dunno:

Oh, quite possibly. I'd completely forgotten about that rampant non-story/story/non-story :greengrin

blueisthecolour
19-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Aye that's the one.

Benji is either a great player or an empty shirt, with a pronounced tendency towards the latter towards the end of his last spell at Hibs. He's had his "one last chance" for me, but as he remains a Hibs player, he has my support.

Of course, if he knocks in a couple against your mob, he'll be my new hero and idol :greengrin

If he does that i will be ragin untill i check my sun dreamteam:faf: