PDA

View Full Version : Where Were You 08/11/06

SteveHFC
19-06-2009, 09:07 PM
I was sitting in the west stand that night singing my heart out.

Frogga
19-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Tbh I had to look up the website to find out what night that was!

CIS Cup v Jambos eh.

I was in the famous five, thoroughly pleased :wink:

TamHibs
19-06-2009, 09:45 PM
I was front row in the east stand :thumbsup::thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
19-06-2009, 09:48 PM

I was sitting in the pub watching us 81% of the time and the Jambos 19% of the time. :thumbsup:

Liberal Hibby
19-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Working in Glasgow.

Saw the first half at Glasgow Airport in the bar on a tiny TV not helped by a huge, sweaty, plain spotting Hun (replete with tatty McEwan's Lager shirt) sitting in front of me looking the other way (ie outside at the runway).

Despite claiming to have an interest in football he (and his pished up mate) didn't once look at the game and were quite annoyed when I cheered Jones' goal and Brown's near miss.

I missed the second half as I had to catch my plane.

HibbyScott
19-06-2009, 10:51 PM
What a dilemma I had getting to that game!

I was on a uni trip from Glasgow to East Fortune Museum of Flight. I explained to my lecturer just before we got back on the bus that I needed to be in Edinburgh tonight, and would it be OK to be dropped off somewhere. He said no due to health and safety stuff. So then I was taken all the way to Glasgow, the bus got stuck in traffic on the way back.

Got back to Glasgow at 6pm. Ran down to get on the Subway into Queen Street. Realised that to have any realistic chance of getting in I HAD to be on the 6:15 train. Was the last person on the train before they shut the doors. Then got on the train, my phone battery started going low, and I needed it to arrange to meet the guy I go to games with to pick up my ticket, so sent him a text asking him to leave my ticket in the Ticket Office for me and then my phone died. Got through, got a Hibby taxi driver up to the game who made it his mission to get me there. I then bumped into my mate just before he put my tickets into the office, and made it in just before Kick Off.

Very satisfying game to make :greengrin:agree:

Sloppy
20-06-2009, 08:17 PM
i was in the famous five, it was also my birthday and wht a present it was:thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
20-06-2009, 08:30 PM
In the hoose. Sober.

Mibbes Aye
20-06-2009, 08:38 PM
What a dilemma I had getting to that game!

I was on a uni trip from Glasgow to East Fortune Museum of Flight. I explained to my lecturer just before we got back on the bus that I needed to be in Edinburgh tonight, and would it be OK to be dropped off somewhere. He said no due to health and safety stuff. So then I was taken all the way to Glasgow, the bus got stuck in traffic on the way back.

Got back to Glasgow at 6pm. Ran down to get on the Subway into Queen Street. Realised that to have any realistic chance of getting in I HAD to be on the 6:15 train. Was the last person on the train before they shut the doors. Then got on the train, my phone battery started going low, and I needed it to arrange to meet the guy I go to games with to pick up my ticket, so sent him a text asking him to leave my ticket in the Ticket Office for me and then my phone died. Got through, got a Hibby taxi driver up to the game who made it his mission to get me there. I then bumped into my mate just before he put my tickets into the office, and made it in just before Kick Off.

Very satisfying game to make :greengrin:agree:

That's a good tale HibbyScott :thumbsup:

Shocking stuff by your lecturer though :bitchy: :greengrin

ferry hibby
20-06-2009, 11:25 PM
I was sent to Coventry that night literally. Spent a good lot of the the watching teletext and phoning home. Then partying:greengrin

G15 Hibs
21-06-2009, 12:16 AM
In the east stand. drunk. having the time of my life.

Ravelston Hibby
21-06-2009, 12:25 AM
I was in my usual seat in the West Stand during the game.

Whilst dropping off my grandson home I 'phoned Mrs RH and told her to get a bottle of champagne in the 'fridge!

When I got home I had a great night re-watching the whole build-up to and the match with the champagne and a few Glayva's (.....just in case)!! What a brill night!!!! :thumbsup:

PiemanP
21-06-2009, 02:28 AM
Was in east stand row J seat 135 having the time of my life with my best hibee mate johny watt. the hibees bounce at the end would have been at least 12 on the rictor (spelling?) scale :thumbsup:

was a wierd game because in my life time i have never seen us completly outrun the yams in every department like that, which was brilliant, although you couldnt celebrate properly as it was always just the one goal in it! So when full time came it was just all the emotions coming out at once :agree:

was a brilliant night. hopefully yogi can deliver some more of these memorable nights. fantastic mon the hibeeeeeeeeeeeees :thumbsup:

Plumber
21-06-2009, 08:45 PM
i was in the west upper trying to fathum out how we only won one nil. brilliant all the same :thumbsup:

ChrissyG1875
21-06-2009, 09:05 PM
i was in the famous five, it was also my birthday and wht a present it was:thumbsup:

I beat you there, the final was on my birthday :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
21-06-2009, 10:32 PM

I could be wrong but I think I was in my livingroom with Jonty and H18ScottW .. guys? Or was it just you Scott? :dunno:

Dav1986
21-06-2009, 10:58 PM

you just beat me, was my 21st on the day before the final, not sober all weekend :greengrin

Andy74
22-06-2009, 09:18 AM

It was my birthday too. Good day all round.

Siralbertkidd
22-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Ask your maw :devil:

lyonhibs
22-06-2009, 12:27 PM
In The Wallace pub in Lyon watching the game with a couple of mates and a few Jambo acquaintances who were in the region doing some sort of engineering work. Anyway, one of these Jambos was a genuine boozehound (like, we're talking bordering on the alchoholic) and was mercifully to drunk to carry out his varied and colourful threats against me as I spent the last 5 minutes of the game singing "Oh this is so ****ing easy" - even though we were (somehow) only 1 goal up, I had none of the nerves that would normally be present in the last 5 minutes, being only 1 goal up, especially against the JAmbos.

It's a real shame, despite it being a great night, that we didn't ram 4 or 5 past them which we really should have done (Spotty Gordon :grr::grr:)

Phil D. Rolls
22-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Is it the case with these reminiscence threads, that if you can remember being in these places, you weren't really there?

Walter
23-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Watching it on a portable tv in an irish bar in Berlin where the barman set the tv up for us since he had the liverpool match on the main screen!

Sloppy
30-08-2009, 07:39 PM

:grr:

Hermit Crab
30-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Usual seat east terracing pished. Jackpot! :greengrin

Hibbyradge
30-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Where did this thread come from? :confused:

Sloppy
30-08-2009, 07:51 PM

was looking through old threads :L:wink:

Hibbyradge
30-08-2009, 07:55 PM
was looking through old threads :L:wink:

Jeez, don't do that again.

I thought I'd gone back in time.

Spooky. :paranoid:

Sloppy
30-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Jeez, don't do that again.

I thought I'd gone back in time.

Spooky. :paranoid:

ill look for more threads :L

Hibbyradge
30-08-2009, 08:04 PM
ill look for more threads :L

You're banned! :greengrin

Sloppy
30-08-2009, 08:05 PM
You're banned! :greengrin

please :( :L

Hibbyradge
30-08-2009, 08:07 PM
please :( :L

Are these secret alen hieroglyphics?

I'm feart again.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-08-2009, 08:07 PM
In the house, sweet c*ck in hand.

Shoulda murdered them that night good and proper.

Sloppy
30-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Are these secret alen hieroglyphics?

I'm feart again.

didnt understand that

H18SScottW
30-08-2009, 08:09 PM

Nae idea! But at least it now lets me answer TQM :greengrin He knows I'm a bit slow with these things, but this is ridiculous! :wink:

I could be wrong but I think I was in my livingroom with Jonty and H18ScottW .. guys? Or was it just you Scott? :dunno:

Not for this one!
I was moving house the next day, so amidst full packing boxes and covered up furniture, I stood in my soon-to-be former living room watching this game and kicked nearly every ball :agree:

The second best ever South Street/derby match/Monifieth Hibs moment, G :thumbsup:

The_Todd
30-08-2009, 08:10 PM
At my mums house in Cardiff showing my stepdad that Scottish football isn't THAT bad, thanks to Sky.

Wished I was there though.

Hibbyradge
30-08-2009, 08:11 PM
didnt understand that

I meant "secret Alien hieroglyphics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_hieroglyphs)

Feart = scared. :wink:

Sloppy
30-08-2009, 08:13 PM
I meant "secret Alien hieroglyphics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_hieroglyphs)

Feart = scared. :wink:

ohhhh feart i thought u said something else :faf:
and :( = sad face
:L = :faf:

Hibbyradge
30-08-2009, 08:14 PM
ohhhh feart i thought u said something else :faf:
and :( = sad face
:L = :faf:

Make it easy for us auld yins.

Use our own smileys! :aok:

Sloppy
30-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Make it easy for us auld yins.

Use our own smileys! :aok:

ok :faf:

jgl07
30-08-2009, 08:32 PM
At my mums house in Cardiff showing my stepdad that Scottish football isn't THAT bad, thanks to Sky.

But the match wasn't on Sky?

HibeeMcGinn1
30-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Was working under Mike Ashley at a Sports Shop at the time of the game, the gaffer of the shop was also a Hibby and we blethered about Hibs all the time. I checked the rota and noticed it was a Stock Take and everyone had to be in.

Gaffer told me that since he couldnt go I wasnt aloud, **** him :wink:
he then told me that if I decided to go to the match I wouldnt be on the payroll anymore.

Went to the match:thumbsup:

hibernian36
30-08-2009, 08:49 PM
working in the taxi. listened to it on radio scotland and was trying to get home to watch the game and got a job away oot to some obscure farmhouse past dalkeith. got in for the last five minutes tho ! :jamboak:

magnificent_seven
31-08-2009, 12:38 PM
East stand, pished.

The night had a sour end though, missed our last train to Perth so me and my mate ended up going out to La Monde and I got my scarf knicked. My scarf that I got given to me for 15 years at my first ever Hibs game by my stepdad. I was about greetin' :boo hoo: