PDA

View Full Version : Titleist ProV1/ProV1x trial offer

Houchy
15-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Has anyone else seen the offer in their local pro shop to trial the new Pro V1/Pro V1x?

All you need to do is hand in 2 brand new "premium" balls and get 2 Pro V1's in return.

Now the interesting part... They are defining "premium" as balls which are sold in packs of 12.:confused:

This to me says you can hand in 2 maxfli noodles (12 pack for £9 at nevada bobs) and get 2 Pro v1's in return.

Shirley I'm missing something?

cocopops1875
15-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Has anyone else seen the offer in their local pro shop to trial the new Pro V1/Pro V1x?

All you need to do is hand in 2 brand new "premium" balls and get 2 Pro V1's in return.

Now the interesting part... They are defining "premium" as balls which are sold in packs of 12.:confused:

This to me says you can hand in 2 maxfli noodles (12 pack for £9 at nevada bobs) and get 2 Pro v1's in return.

Shirley I'm missing something?not seen this but gonna look into it:greengrin

Houchy
15-04-2009, 12:49 PM
not seen this but gonna look into it:greengrin

They had it up at Turnhouse but never got time to read it fully.

Maybe take a wee trip round there at some point

cocopops1875
15-04-2009, 01:03 PM

i read that the new model was out right enough and they do have more competiton in that market than at any time before what with taylormade really stepping up with the red and black nike going strong and two new srixon balls just out too maybe something in this :thumbsup:

Golden Bear
15-04-2009, 04:42 PM
First I've heard of this one - it's certainly not being advertised by my local pro. Enquiries will be made however!

I recently purchased a dozen for £35 ------ I'm almost frightened to take them out of the box at that price!

:greengrin

BroxburnHibee
15-04-2009, 05:45 PM

:confused: Did they - I need to take a closer look in there :greengrin

greenlex
15-04-2009, 09:44 PM
:confused: Did they - I need to take a closer look in there :greengrin

:agree: Noticed it on Friday. :greengrin I have about 5 dozen of the now "old" PROV1's so I will be doing nothing until they are all golfed to death. :agree:

Houchy
16-04-2009, 10:52 AM
:agree: Noticed it on Friday. :greengrin I have about 5 dozen of the now "old" PROV1's so I will be doing nothing until they are all golfed to death. :agree:

Was I right then that you can take in 2 Noodles or 2 Srixons from a £5.50 sleeve of 3?

Is the only stipulation that the balls need to be sold in packs of 12 to be defined as "Premium".

Hibs Class
16-04-2009, 07:18 PM
What is supposed to be so great about these new balls? I hadn't heard of them until this thread.

greenlex
16-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Was I right then that you can take in 2 Noodles or 2 Srixons from a £5.50 sleeve of 3?

Is the only stipulation that the balls need to be sold in packs of 12 to be defined as "Premium".
Didn't read the detail Houchy. I assumed the premium bit was older Pro V's or Callaway HX's in a straight swap. Not much help I know but there you go. :greengrin

HibbyScott
16-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Didn't read the detail Houchy. I assumed the premium bit was older Pro V's or Callaway HX's in a straight swap. Not much help I know but there you go. :greengrin

Are Harburn taking part in this deal? I was up in the pro shop the other day and Stephen isn't even stocking any Titleist's at all just now :boo hoo:

greenlex
16-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Are Harburn taking part in this deal? I was up in the pro shop the other day and Stephen isn't even stocking any Titleist's at all just now :boo hoo:

Dunno Scott. He has a whole lot of new Cobra clubs in so he must still be dealing with Titleist. Maybe eveyone is using Top Flights this year. :greengrin

I do know Stuart Boyle got 2 dozen for modelling in the Titleist fitting centre at Kingsacre Poster. There is one on Stephens door and probably most pro shops around the country as it's a national poster.
Edit - Ha Ha he is also on the Titleist website. I was looking for the details on the offer and there he is int he fitting centre page.

Houchy no details on the website I'm afraid.

HibbyScott
16-04-2009, 11:51 PM
Dunno Scott. He has a whole lot of new Cobra clubs in so he must still be dealing with Titleist. Maybe eveyone is using Top Flights this year. :greengrin

I do know Stuart Boyle got 2 dozen for modelling in the Titleist fitting centre at Kingsacre Poster. There is one on Stephens door and probably most pro shops around the country as it's a national poster.
Edit - Ha Ha he is also on the Titleist website. I was looking for the details on the offer and there he is int he fitting centre page.

Houchy no details on the website I'm afraid.

Stuart is one of the best golfers I've played with I reckon, hilarious hitting what I'd consider to be a good shot for my ability...and he's pissed off with it :greengrin

It definately wasn't a very inspiring selection of balls in the pro shop when I was in...I did like the shiny new Cobra stuff though :greengrin Also...there's a new competition going on on the shop, on the putting mat...10 in a row to beat Euan Rennie...winner gets a dozen balls or something...I know where I'm gonna be spending quiet times behind the bar :greengrin

greenlex
17-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Stuart is one of the best golfers I've played with I reckon, hilarious hitting what I'd consider to be a good shot for my ability...and he's pissed off with it :greengrin

It definately wasn't a very inspiring selection of balls in the pro shop when I was in...I did like the shiny new Cobra stuff though :greengrin Also...there's a new competition going on on the shop, on the putting mat...10 in a row to beat Euan Rennie...winner gets a dozen balls or something...I know where I'm gonna be spending quiet times behind the bar :greengrin
I won't need to worry about that. Hit buffer (CSS 72) on Wednesday with an 81 less 8 for a 73 in those condidtions you would think was acceptable. Not a chance. Take 5 shots off for the 5 three putts and it would have been acceptable. 3 of them were from less than 15ft. :boo hoo: Hitting the ball well but cannae get it in the hole. :boo hoo::boo hoo: I hate this game.

Houchy
17-04-2009, 08:22 AM
I won't need to worry about that. Hit buffer (CSS 72) on Wednesday with an 81 less 8 for a 73 in those condidtions you would think was acceptable. Not a chance. Take 5 shots off for the 5 three putts and it would have been acceptable. 3 of them were from less than 15ft. :boo hoo: Hitting the ball well but cannae get it in the hole. :boo hoo::boo hoo: I hate this game.

It hapens to the pro's aswell mate.

In the China open yesterday, one of the groups took 12 putts between them on their final green. Brier took 3 putts, Jaidee took 4 (3 of them from 6 foot) and the other guy took 5 putts.

There's always hope.:greengrin

HibbyScott
17-04-2009, 11:34 AM

Craig Deerness said he 5 putted the 3rd I think :dizzy: I don't even think I've 5 putted that before :greengrin