PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Diffuser trial

Gatecrasher
14-04-2009, 03:05 PM
if anyone is interested (http://forum.planet-f1.com/index.php?t=msg&th=74983&start=0&)

main point so far (http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5187619,00.html)

Brawn: appeal is "vindictive", and "for people too slow off the mark".
Tozzi: "only a person of supreme arrogance would think he is right when so many of his esteemed colleagues would disagree".
Renault's legal representative, Andrew Ford, noted the FIA and Whiting had early last season ruled illegal a design by the French manufacturer similar to that currently being used by Toyota.
Tozzi: "The position of the FIA is totally baffling...we urge you to save the FIA from itself

some photos (http://www.itv-f1.com/photo.aspx?IM_ID=53067&PG_ID=22)

The complexities of F1's technical loopholes seemed also to baffle the judges - one of whom, Malta's Guido de Marco, occasionally nodded off.
Brawn made reference to a number of cars - including Ferraris - from recent years which could be construed as contrary to the regulations.
Parr (Williams): "I find it almost pleasurable to hear Ferrari say they have won 11 world championships (drivers' and constructors') with an illegal car."
Brawn criticised Byrne and Newey: the appellants' case was "a vindictive response... that amounted to a fishing expedition".
Brawn rebutted Newey claim about speed: "The safety implication relating to a technical feature of the car is a bit below the belt."

this next part is very interesting to me

Renault's legal representative, Andrew Ford, noted the FIA and Whiting had early last season ruled illegal a design by the French manufacturer similar to that currently being used by Toyota.
Tozzi: "The position of the FIA is totally baffling...we urge you to save the FIA from itself."

Hibs Class
14-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Liked the bit where Ferrari accused Brawn of supreme arrogance. Brawn probably did more to deliver world titles to Ferrari than even Schumacher (supremest arrogance) did.

Gatecrasher
14-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Liked the bit where Ferrari accused Brawn of supreme arrogance. Brawn probably did more to deliver world titles to Ferrari than even Schumacher (supremest arrogance) did.

i thought that remark was only made because of the
Brawn: appeal is "vindictive", and "for people too slow off the mark".
which is a dig at ferrari IMO

Hibs Class
15-04-2009, 06:59 AM
You may be right about why Ferrari said it. It would have been a more credible comment had it come from anyone other than Ferrari, with whom he shared so much success, i.e. a team that benefited from what they now describe as arrogance. The real misfortune is the extent to which F1, for a while now, has been shaped by what happens off the track rather than what happens on it. If spectators and viewers start perceiving that what happens during a race is only the prelude to complaints, appeals, hearings, etc. before a race result can be confirmed, then the sport runs a risk of becoming an irrelevant joke.

robinp
15-04-2009, 07:54 AM
this next part is very interesting to me

The important word being "similar". It would depend how it was different - was the only difference between theirs and Toyota's diffuser an actual aspect!? :confused:

Gaz
15-04-2009, 09:22 AM
all cars found to be legal after appeal

MyJo
15-04-2009, 09:45 AM
all cars found to be legal after appeal

Ya beauty........GIRUY ferrari :aok:

Jack
15-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Given the rumours about Brawn GP being partly financed by a rather small gentleman with a fondness for tall girls many years his junior I find this verdict very unsurprising!

Gatecrasher
15-04-2009, 12:33 PM
let the season begin now then, all the teams have been working on new difussers, i dont know how long untill they are put on the cars but it will increase competition accross the field now :thumbsup: