PDA

View Full Version : Bowls Open Tournaments

Speedy
07-04-2009, 06:18 PM
I thought I'd create a new thread for Open Tournaments.

Are there any coming up at the start of the season?

Fat Stu
07-04-2009, 06:44 PM
West end normally have a fours thing early doors. one of the boys from edinburgh has joined there and i'll confirm it with him at the weekend.

tanfield
13-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Sighthill singles is coming up soon I believe.

Speedy
13-04-2009, 10:42 PM
Sighthill singles is coming up soon I believe.

Sunday 3rd May according to the Julian Haines forum.

tanfield
14-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Sunday 3rd May according to the Julian Haines forum.

Correct!

tanfield
14-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Correct!

By the way Deano, are you up for the .net game against Northern on the 20th June?

Speedy
14-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Can't make it, I work a saturday. All my holidays are booked as well

MSK
14-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Can't make it, I work a saturday. All my holidays are booked as wellBooo.....Take a sicky....:wink:

Only joking ..

scott7_0(Prague)
15-04-2009, 08:55 PM
5years since I moved to Prague and miss the bowls, not thrown in 5years, me and Craig in Prague were considering a weekend to Germany for a game, there was 1 indoor rink here near Prague but it is gone now!!

I used to play out of Sighthill for my sins, and Craig Gorgie Mills and Bainfield.

Speedy
08-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Open Pairs at Juniper Green next Sunday(14th)

MB62
09-06-2009, 07:40 AM
5years since I moved to Prague and miss the bowls, not thrown in 5years, me and Craig in Prague were considering a weekend to Germany for a game, there was 1 indoor rink here near Prague but it is gone now!!

I used to play out of Sighthill for my sins, and Craig Gorgie Mills and Bainfield.

Somebody told me recently that Gorgie Mills had joined the 'struggling for members' clan, which absolutely amazed me as I always believed them to be one of the more popular and stronger clubs.

We have an adult and junior pairs coming along some time soon, I think it is an open tournament but it could be invitation. I'll try and find out and let you all know.

Speedy
09-06-2009, 10:15 PM
Somebody told me recently that Gorgie Mills had joined the 'struggling for members' clan, which absolutely amazed me as I always believed them to be one of the more popular and stronger clubs.

We have an adult and junior pairs coming along some time soon, I think it is an open tournament but it could be invitation. I'll try and find out and let you all know.

Correct, we are struggling for members and are struggling for quality in the team. We've scrapped the joining fee to try and attract new members but it's not really working.

MB62
10-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Ok folks, just received this info from our matches secretary.

Northern Bowling club tournaments

SUN 5 JULY : ADULT & JUNIOR PAIRS ( JUNIOR BEING 18 OR UNDER ON DAY OF COMPETITION)

SAT 11 JULY : INVITATION OPEN FOURS ( there will quite likely be a couple of spaces available )

SUN 19 JULY : MIXED PAIRS COMPETITION

ALL OF THESE ARE LIMITED TO FIRST 24 ENTRIES

WE WILL ALSO HAVE OUR INV TRIPLES ON 9 & 16 AUG ( FIRST 24 EACH SUNDAY )

IF ANYONE WANTS TO ENTER THESE THEY CAN CONTACT ME OR Roy rocnbc@hotmail.com or just speak to myself or Roy on the day the :hnet: get a murdering at the Northern :greengrin :thumbsup:

sg7nil
10-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Seafield Bowling Club

Will be holding the Persevere Open 2 Bowl Pairs on ...

Saturday 25th July.

It's a round robin and is open to all.

First fill will probably be at 10:00 (if previous years are anything to go by).

Contact the club, or myself SG7nil@aol.com by Monday 20th July.

Entries will be limited (but it may be 24 or 32 pairs dependant on entries, so get in early).

The draw will be made in the clubhouse by Friday the 24th July with phone notifications to the entrants being made on the night.

We will therefore need contact details for one player per pair entering so that start times can be advised.

Speedy
11-06-2009, 12:05 AM
Coltbridge Open Singles

Sunday 12th July

£5 Entry, 10am start.

Bainfield Masters(Singles)

Sat/Sun 25th/26th July

Craig_in_Prague
12-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Anything of note, for August, from 15th onwards?

Thanks!