PDA

View Full Version : Bowls, Hibs.net v Northern 09?

MB62
03-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Ok Lads, I know the season has not started yet, still about 6 weeks away for us, but nothing like forward planning eh!

I was thinking of arranging the re-match of our game last year for around about June 20th/27th depending on our greens availabilty and what all your guys plans are around that time.

When you find out yourselves, could you give me an idea of what dates maybe don't suit you in June and see what I can work around.

That's if you are all game enough to take on the Northern Hibees again of course? :wink:

Northern :flag:

MSK
03-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Ok Lads, I know the season has not started yet, still about 6 weeks away for us, but nothing like forward planning eh!

I was thinking of arranging the re-match of our game last year for around about June 20th/27th depending on our greens availabilty and what all your guys plans are around that time.

When you find out yourselves, could you give me an idea of what dates maybe don't suit you in June and see what I can work around.

That's if you are all game enough to take on the Northern Hibees again of course? :wink:

Northern :flag:Bring it on Mike ...:thumbsup:

You know, im more looking forward to this than i am my own comps !!!!..result aside (lucky bassas) it was a superb day :greengrin

Dates look fine to me at the moment so count me in ...:thumbsup:

:hnet: :flag:

Fat Stu
03-03-2009, 07:35 PM
well up for this again, hopefully this time i'll no be on medication and can join in the bevvy.

tanfield
03-03-2009, 08:41 PM
I was just thinking about this today as well. Count me in Mike.

Northern surely can't be as lucky again:devil:

MB62
04-03-2009, 07:18 AM
Excellent Lads. :thumbsup:
I will not be able to fix a date until the season gets under way, well maybe a bit sooner if our Matches Secretary has all the friendly fixture dates.
I just wanted to put the feelers out to see if anybody had definite dates in June they couldn't make.

I reckon the 20th is maybe pushing it a bit because with the SBA district 11 finals being on the Friday 19th, I will probably still be blootered after winning the Pairs :greengrin

Sunny Leith
04-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Excellent Lads. :thumbsup:
I will not be able to fix a date until the season gets under way, well maybe a bit sooner if our Matches Secretary has all the friendly fixture dates.
I just wanted to put the feelers out to see if anybody had definite dates in June they couldn't make.

I reckon the 20th is maybe pushing it a bit because with the SBA district 11 finals being on the Friday 19th, I will probably still be blootered after winning the Pairs :greengrin

You will have to beat me first :devil:

sg7nil
04-03-2009, 10:14 AM
I could probably make the 20th, but as I leave for Mauritius on the 27th (oops did I drop something there!:wink:) that date is out for me..:agree:

Don't let that stop you having a good time though!:thumbsup:

tanfield
04-03-2009, 11:13 AM
You will have to beat me first :devil:

Question is Nicky whether you are up for the :hnet: cause v Northern:dunno:

:greengrin

MB62
04-03-2009, 01:52 PM

ah ha! first :hnet: bottle crasher already :stirrer: :devil:

This should be even easier for the Northern Hibees this year :thumbsup:

MSK
04-03-2009, 02:38 PM
ah ha! first :hnet: bottle crasher already :stirrer: :devil:

This should be even easier for the Northern Hibees this year :thumbsup:Mind games Mike ....:wink:....:greengrin

Sunny Leith
04-03-2009, 07:54 PM

I should be there for the team! Not sure how much use I'll be however haha.

MB62
05-03-2009, 06:58 AM

Is that because you will be helping me celebrate my winning achievement in the SBA pairs the previous night Nicky?

That's very good of you :wink: :greengrin

MB62
05-03-2009, 07:02 AM
Mind games Mike ....:wink:....:greengrin

Would I do something like that? :shocked: :greengrin

MSK
05-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Would I do something like that? :shocked: :greengrinDo pigs fly ...?....:greengrin

Remember, :hnet: are hurting ..you lot may be smarting after last years "last end" triumph & have every right to be cocky ...however that cockyness may be wiped from yer Northern faces !! :greengrin

09..its coming home ..:hnet:

C,mon .net bowlers get yer names down here for revenge !!!! :greengrin

tanfield
05-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Have sent a PM to last years squad. Still waiting for responses mind:I'm waiti:I'm waiti

MSK
05-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Have sent a PM to last years squad. Still waiting for responses mind:I'm waiti:I'm waitiI sent a pm to Luxjock yest but he never responded either ...:rolleyes:

Sunny Leith
05-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Is that because you will be helping me celebrate my winning achievement in the SBA pairs the previous night Nicky?

That's very good of you :wink: :greengrin

Haha well, I still mind end up playing in the u25 Scottish, just the small matter of Colin Hutchison to beat first........

Think it would be rude of myself and the acre putting out Northern two years in a row in the pairs anyways :wink:

MB62
05-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Haha well, I still mind end up playing in the u25 Scottish, just the small matter of Colin Hutchison to beat first........

Think it would be rude of myself and the acre putting out Northern two years in a row in the pairs anyways :wink:

Oh aye, that's right! did you not beat Stan and Shuggie (?) last year ?
They're lightweights compared to me and my partner :wink: :greengrin

BTW, Stan is now our Vice President following Monday's AGM, another Yam :boo hoo:

MB62
05-03-2009, 02:31 PM
On a different note lads. I heard the mighty Pilrig are struggling a wee bit for members these days, as we all are. I hope this is sincerely untrue as Pilrig were always one of the top clubs in the city.
Anybody heard anything about this?
Used to be plenty Hibbies in Pilrig in days gone by.

tanfield
05-03-2009, 08:27 PM
On a different note lads. I heard the mighty Pilrig are struggling a wee bit for members these days, as we all are. I hope this is sincerely untrue as Pilrig were always one of the top clubs in the city.
Anybody heard anything about this?
Used to be plenty Hibbies in Pilrig in days gone by.

Sure I heard this as well Mike but unless a few players have left they will still have a good squad to choose from. Never a club I would have joined mind - probably something to do with my Tramways days:agree:

IIRC I'm sure Yogi was a member there for a spell. Could be wrong though.

Sunny Leith
05-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Oh aye, that's right! did you not beat Stan and Shuggie (?) last year ?
They're lightweights compared to me and my partner :wink: :greengrin

BTW, Stan is now our Vice President following Monday's AGM, another Yam :boo hoo:

We did yeah, the green wasnt the best but a decent game nontheless.

About Pilrig, they have been struggling for members for a while now but they do have one of the best squads for the leagues in Edinburgh, especially their first 16! Other than that there isnt too much their.

MB62
09-03-2009, 08:08 AM
Have sent a PM to last years squad. Still waiting for responses mind:I'm waiti:I'm waiti

So how are the responses coming along Andrew?
Are the :hnet: team running scared again :wink: :greengrin

tanfield
11-03-2009, 12:03 PM
So how are the responses coming along Andrew?
Are the :hnet: team running scared again :wink: :greengrin

It would help Mike if we had a date fixed :rolleyes: :devil:

As soon as you can confirm the date and the number of players you can get we will get the :hnet: selection process under way. Rest assured :hnet: will have a formidable squad:wink:

tanfield
11-03-2009, 12:04 PM

Good man!

:hnet:

MSK
11-03-2009, 03:38 PM

As soon as you can confirm the date and the number of players you can get we will get the :hnet: selection process under way. Rest assured :hnet: will have a formidable squad:wink:Indeed Andrew ...:take that....:greengrin

tanfield
11-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Indeed Andrew ...:take that....:greengrin

Kenny, any chance of getting a sticky on the main board for a week or so when Mike gets the date confirmed? I know from last year that there were a few guys who couldn't play but expressed an interest for the next game.

Cheers

MSK
12-03-2009, 07:31 AM
Kenny, any chance of getting a sticky on the main board for a week or so when Mike gets the date confirmed? I know from last year that there were a few guys who couldn't play but expressed an interest for the next game.

CheersAye, shouldnt be a problem Andrew....:aok:

MB62
12-03-2009, 08:44 AM

As soon as you can confirm the date and the number of players you can get we will get the :hnet: selection process under way. Rest assured :hnet: will have a formidable squad:wink:

Ok Lads, date has now been fixed for SATURDAY JUNE 20th at 2.15pm

This is the only Saturday in June that we have available so I hope this suits everyone. The good news is, I will be able to show everyone my SBA district 11 Pairs trophy that I will have won the night before :wink: :thumbsup:

tanfield
12-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Ok Lads, date has now been fixed for SATURDAY JUNE 20th at 2.15pm

This is the only Saturday in June that we have available so I hope this suits everyone. The good news is, I will be able to show everyone my SBA district 11 Pairs trophy that I will have won the night before :wink: :thumbsup:

That's a good one Mike. What trophy would this be?????? The districts don't give out trophies ya numpty :duck::duck::devil::faf: Still you can show off your medal:greengrin

Seriously though, great that you have got the date booked already and hopefully this doesn't clash with the home internationals :blah: :blah:

MB62
12-03-2009, 02:56 PM
That's a good one Mike. What trophy would this be?????? The districts don't give out trophies ya numpty :duck::duck::devil::faf: Still you can show off your medal:greengrin

Seriously though, great that you have got the date booked already and hopefully this doesn't clash with the home internationals :blah: :blah:

If by some miracle I did win this Andrew, I would be up first thing in the morning, buying a trophy for my partner and me to take to the club that afternoon :greengrin.

Nae excuses for anybody now Andrew eh! 3 months advance notice to put the date in everyone's diary.

GGTTNH :wink: :greengrin

MSK
12-03-2009, 03:16 PM
If by some miracle I did win this Andrew, I would be up first thing in the morning, buying a tropphy for my partner and me to take to the club that afternoon :greengrin.

Nae excuses for anybody now Andrew eh! 3 months advance notice to put the date in everyone's diary.

GGTTNH :wink: :greengrinYou have a pm Mike ...:aok:

hibee reborn
15-03-2009, 07:13 PM
any age limits?

MSK
15-03-2009, 07:52 PM
any age limits?Your 16 ?

tanfield
16-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Right guys - up to 7 players now for the mighty :hnet: :greengrin.

Correct me if I'm wrong but so far we have:

tanfield
happyhibbie
fatstu
sunnyleith
luxjock
sg7nil
hibee_reborn

And the bowls season is still a few weeks away. Come on .netters - get your name down! Don't know about you but if Northern do win again I don't think I could stand listening to anymore of Burnsie07's patter:devil:

MB62
17-03-2009, 07:19 AM
Right guys - up to 7 players now for the mighty :hnet: :greengrin.

Correct me if I'm wrong but so far we have:

tanfield
happyhibbie
fatstu
sunnyleith
luxjock
sg7nil
hibee_reborn

And the bowls season is still a few weeks away. Come on .netters - get your name down! Don't know about you but if Northern do win again I don't think I could stand listening to anymore of Burnsie07's patter:devil:

IF, Andrew, IF?

WHEN :greengrin

Good to see as much interest in this already from you guys, we might even manage the four rinks this year then :thumbsup:

Dipped flake
17-03-2009, 09:42 AM
IF, Andrew, IF?

WHEN :greengrin

Good to see as much interest in this already from you guys, we might even manage the four rinks this year then :thumbsup:
If you are needing an extra body to fill up your rinks and want someone to blame if you get beat I would be happy to put myself forward. No problem of course if you prefer to keep it to just Hibs fans.

MB62
17-03-2009, 11:49 AM
If you are needing an extra body to fill up your rinks and want someone to blame if you get beat I would be happy to put myself forward. No problem of course if you prefer to keep it to just Hibs fans.

The idea behind it was for it to be entirely Hibbies DF. However, I have nothing to do with selecting the mugs, oops, sorry, Bowlers, from the Hibs.net, that will have to be decided by the lads on here.

Thanks for the offer though, it never crossed my mind that there might be non hibs .netters who would be available.

Dipped flake
17-03-2009, 01:57 PM
The idea behind it was for it to be entirely Hibbies DF. However, I have nothing to do with selecting the mugs, oops, sorry, Bowlers, from the Hibs.net, that will have to be decided by the lads on here.

Thanks for the offer though, it never crossed my mind that there might be non hibs .netters who would be available.

Cheers, like I said I quite understand if you want to keep it to strictly hibs fans. I just like my days out at the bowls so quite prepared to slum it:wink:

MSK
18-03-2009, 07:20 AM
Updated ...:hnet:

tanfield
happyhibbie
fatstu
sunnyleith
luxjock
sg7nil
hibee_reborn
leemc-1989

sambajustice
18-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Updated ...:hnet:

tanfield
happyhibbie
fatstu
sunnyleith
luxjock
sg7nil
hibee_reborn
leemc-1989

Ah, fresh meat... :devil:

Lmc2105
18-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Ah, fresh meat... :devil:

ahh a fellow player of fifa online aswell
good to see a ken bowler :thumbsup:

cheers for the welcome guys :thumbsup:

MSK
18-03-2009, 12:14 PM
ahh a fellow player of fifa online aswell
good to see a ken bowler :thumbsup:

cheers for the welcome guys :thumbsup:Welcome to the :hnet: team ...:thumbsup:

MB62
18-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Welcome to the :hnet: team ...:thumbsup:

And get ready for your day of reckoning and a damn good thrashing by the Northern Hibees :wink: :greengrin

Lmc2105
18-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Welcome to the :hnet: team ...:thumbsup:

Thanks mate:D!!:thumbsup:
ready to take down the opposition:wink:

MSK
18-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Thanks mate:D!!:thumbsup:
ready to take down the opposition:wink:Thats what i like to hear ...Burnsie's one o them Northerner bumpkins mind ...:thumbsup:

sambajustice
18-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Thats what i like to hear ...Burnsie's one o them Northerner bumpkins mind ...:thumbsup:

The only thing you .netters will be taking down is notes on how to the play the game... :agree::agree::agree:

Lmc2105
18-03-2009, 08:24 PM
The only thing you .netters will be taking down is notes on how to the play the game... :agree::agree::agree:

am sure this year the lads will be succesful
samba am just as good at bowling as i am on fifa :wink:
:faf:

tanfield
18-03-2009, 09:07 PM

Yeah yeah, keep it coming boys:greengrin

Welcome aboard Leemc

Lmc2105
18-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Yeah yeah, keep it coming boys:greengrin

Welcome aboard Leemc

thanks mate:thumbsup:

good to be part eh the team:greengrin

MSK
19-03-2009, 01:10 AM
The only thing you .netters will be taking down is notes on how to the play the game... :agree::agree::agree:Very good, considering we "didnt know how to play the game" we led going into the last end ....:wink:

sambajustice
19-03-2009, 08:13 AM
samba am just as good at bowling as i am on fifa :wink:

You cannae be THAT lucky as bowls as well... :wink::cb

sambajustice
19-03-2009, 08:16 AM
Very good, considering we "didnt know how to play the game" we led going into the last end ....:wink:

:stirrer::stirrer:

:hnet: :thumbsup:

MB62
19-03-2009, 08:18 AM

Well said MJB, just another six victories for us Northern Hibbies before we reach the MAGNIFICENT 07 :thumbsup:

Very good, considering we "didnt know how to play the game" we led going into the last end ....:wink:

:faf: You guys thought it was all over because FatStu was singing :faf:

GGTTNH :thumbsup:

MSK
19-03-2009, 08:31 AM
:stirrer:

:hnet: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well said MJB, just another six victories for us Northern Hibbies before we reach the MAGNIFICENT 07 :thumbsup:

You guys thought it was all over because FatStu was singing :faf:

GGTTNH :thumbsup:I know ..i thought we had it in the bag ...:boo hoo:

Was it the Northern skip on my rink (Shuggie Hilson) who played the winning shot or was it the lead ..? (Gordon Somebody :greengrin)..pretty sure it was the last 4 bowls ...or the alcohol had kicked in by then ...:greengrin

MB62
19-03-2009, 10:41 AM
:thumbsup:

I know ..i thought we had it in the bag ...:boo hoo:

Was it the Northern skip on my rink (Shuggie Hilson) who played the winning shot or was it the lead ..? (Gordon Somebody :greengrin)..pretty sure it was the last 4 bowls ...or the alcohol had kicked in by then ...:greengrin

Nae idea Kenny, that Andrew Sneddon was trying his damndest to get me drunk during the game :party: :greengrin

sambajustice
19-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Nae idea Kenny, that Andrew Sneddon was trying his damndest to get me drunk during the game :party: :greengrin

I remember an easy victory for the Northern Hibbies... :devil: :stirrer::stirrer:

Sunny Leith
19-03-2009, 11:12 AM
I see the top 10 and Edinurgh cup draw have taken place, Goldenacre to play Leith in the Cup, be good to go back home in a meaningful match!

tanfield
19-03-2009, 12:08 PM
I remember an easy victory for the Northern Hibbies... :devil: :stirrer::stirrer:

If my memory serves me correctly, our triple did the business on the day :hnet: and might have secured victory overall if you hadn't "gobbed" a couple of shots in the last two ends. Anyway that was the family Burns taken care off. :dizzy::dizzy:

If we had stayed off the drink it could have been a cricket score:greengrin

MB62
19-03-2009, 02:08 PM
I see the top 10 and Edinurgh cup draw have taken place, Goldenacre to play Leith in the Cup, be good to go back home in a meaningful match!

Hold the horses on that draw SL.
Although the dates are correct, I have been reliably informed that the draw in view on the EBL website is actually still last year's draw.

We are down to play Blackhall, whom we played last year, but our M.S. has said he was present at the draw and we actually have DEAN.
Also I believe it's Tanfield v Craigentinny in this year's first round :greengrin

MSK
19-03-2009, 02:19 PM
I remember an easy victory for the Northern Hibbies... :devil: :stirrer::stirrer:Thinking back ...im sure my 5 mediums were knocked intae the ditch in the last end ...:hmmm:...prob gonna have to bring my heavy 7's intae play this time ....:greengrin

MB62
19-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Hold the horses on that draw SL.
Although the dates are correct, I have been reliably informed that the draw in view on the EBL website is actually still last year's draw.

We are down to play Blackhall, whom we played last year, but our M.S. has said he was present at the draw and we actually have DEAN.
Also I believe it's Tanfield v Craigentinny in this year's first round :greengrin

Correction to this again and you are indeed correct SL.
Apparently there was a bit of a baws up at the first draw, with one team being entered twice. They therefore did a re-draw last night and the latest is now up on the EBL website.

http://www.edinburghbowlingleague.co.uk/index.html

MB62
19-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Thinking back ...im sure my 5 mediums were knocked intae the ditch in the last end ...:hmmm:...prob gonna have to bring my heavy 7's intae play this time ....:greengrin

An auld man like you will be knackered after 5 ends playing with those things :wink:

Nice number though Kenny 7's :thumbsup:

MSK
19-03-2009, 02:30 PM
An auld man like you will be knackered after 5 ends playing with those things :wink:

Nice number though Kenny 7's :thumbsup:Conditions are vital for the 7's...green very very fast ...wind behind my back..even when i change ends ...or a canon !!! :greengrin

Prob best wi my 5's ...:greengrin

Lmc2105
19-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Hey Guys am Looking to get back playin regularly again
is there any clubs looking?

i am from the corstorphine area :thumbsup:
cheers Lee:greengrin

sg7nil
19-03-2009, 05:12 PM

Funnily enough there is a club called Corstorphine in your area! Dunno if they are looking for members (but I'd be surprised if they were not!)..

Alternatively there is Carrick Knowe but I think you need to live within a certain distance of it so that may depend on where you stay.

They will be yer two nearest but there are still 50 plus clubs in the town if you don't mind a wee travel to play.

Lmc2105
19-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Funnily enough there is a club called Corstorphine in your area! Dunno if they are looking for members (but I'd be surprised if they were not!)..

Alternatively there is Carrick Knowe but I think you need to live within a certain distance of it so that may depend on where you stay.

They will be yer two nearest but there are still 50 plus clubs in the town if you don't mind a wee travel to play.

aw kool mate thanks for that,
iv just moved here and am not sure where is which tbh ha-ha,
i use to play for Gilmerton Miners Welfare but would be willing to travel :thumbsup:

sambajustice
19-03-2009, 05:36 PM

As the young man says above, corstorphine is your nearest club.

However if you want to be on the winning side on this match you should join the Northern! :agree:

Lmc2105
19-03-2009, 05:48 PM

However if you want to be on the winning side on this match you should join the Northern! :agree:

Cheers mate:thumbsup:

I have just Joined .net don't think al be able to do that:wink:

but i really do want to play Bowling again:boo hoo:

Sunny Leith
19-03-2009, 10:40 PM

Fat Stu
19-03-2009, 11:57 PM

:faf: You guys thought it was all over because FatStu was singing :faf:

I've clearly missed or forgotten something:confused:.

MSK
20-03-2009, 02:19 AM
I've clearly missed or forgotten something:confused:.A joke Stu ..taken from the "robbo" saying ..when the fat striker scores, the fat striker sings (or something similar) ...:wink:

MB62
20-03-2009, 07:26 AM
A joke Stu ..taken from the "robbo" saying ..when the fat striker scores, the fat striker sings (or something similar) ...:wink:

Nearly lads. It was meant as a mock up of 'It's not all over 'til the fat lady sings' adapted by Robbo to 'it's not all over 'till the fat striker scores'.
I thought I would further adapt it by putting my own slant on it :wink:
Don't worry FatStu, we wont be asking you sing :greengrin

MSK
20-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Nearly lads. It was meant as a mock up of 'It's not all over 'til the fat lady sings' adapted by Robbo to 'it's not all over 'till the fat striker scores'.
Don't worry FatStu, we wont be asking you sing :greengrinNaw ..we will all do that together when we hump ye ...:party::partyhibb:singing::hnet:....:greengrin

MB62
20-03-2009, 10:15 AM
Naw ..we will all do that together when we hump ye ...:party::partyhibb:singing::hnet:....:greengrin

Damn, I walked into that one Kenny eh! :boo hoo: :greengrin

sambajustice
20-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Damn, I walked into that one Kenny eh! :boo hoo: :greengrin

Dont worry Mike, these .net types are obviously fancying their chances! Getting a bit cocky! A bit like the Yams last week who thought they were just going to come down to our patch and roll the Hibees over...

:jamboak:

MB62
20-03-2009, 12:44 PM
Dont worry Mike, these .net types are obviously fancying their chances! Getting a bit cocky! A bit like the Yams last week who thought they were just going to come down to our patch and roll the Hibees over...

Aye, nobody comes to the Northern and turns us over (well almost nobody :greengrin)

MSK
20-03-2009, 03:18 PM

Aye, nobody comes to the Northern and turns us over (well almost nobody :greengrin)Crank it up guys ...keep going ....but be prepared tae fall on yer swords !!! :greengrin

Fat Stu
20-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Don't worry FatStu, we wont be asking you sing :greengrin

Thank f for that i'd be on the worst of if I ever went on x factor, i'm even worse than the chicken farmer guy.

tanfield
20-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Crank it up guys ...keep going ....but be prepared tae fall on yer swords !!! :greengrin

Well said Kenny. The Burns family have got a little bit too much to say for themselves. :take that:take that Bring it on! I can see us having them :on toast!

sambajustice
21-03-2009, 12:54 PM
The .netters have obviously sobered up today, they were getting a bit lairy (sp?) yesterday with their big bowls chat. Yesterday must have been one of those "i'll regret it tomorrow" conversations...

:devil:

MSK
21-03-2009, 01:17 PM
The .netters have obviously sobered up today, they were getting a bit lairy (sp?) yesterday with their big bowls chat. Yesterday must have been one of those "i'll regret it tomorrow" conversations...

:devil:Eh ..let me think ....:hmmm:....nope ...:greengrin

MB62
24-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Eh ..let me think ....:hmmm:....nope ...:greengrin

Still no more names to add to your list yet Kenny?
Did we give you guys such a beating last year that even some of those lads have been scared off :wink: :greengrin

BarneyBreslin
03-04-2009, 11:49 AM
Well said Kenny. The Burns family have got a little bit too much to say for themselves. :take that:take that Bring it on! I can see us having them :on toast!

Andy, you have a PM!!

Well up for this likesay :agree:

MB62
03-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Andy, you have a PM!!

Well up for this likesay :agree:

Ah, great, another lamb to the slaughter :greengrin

MSK
03-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Still no more names to add to your list yet Kenny?
Did we give you guys such a beating last year that even some of those lads have been scared off :wink: :greengrinSorry Mike, been off-line for a while (changing ISP's)...im now a Virgin ...:greengrin..anyway...during my absence i havent had any pm's from anyone ...still plenty time ...:thumbsup:

tanfield
03-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Updated....:hnet:

tanfield
happyhibbie
fatstu
sunnyleith
luxjock
sg7nil
hibee_reborn
leemc-1989
Barneybreslin

So that's at least 3 triples and the season hasn't started yet:thumbsup:

MB62
06-04-2009, 09:56 AM

tanfield
happyhibbie
fatstu
sunnyleith
luxjock
sg7nil
hibee_reborn
leemc-1989
Barneybreslin

So that's at least 3 triples and the season hasn't started yet:thumbsup:

Excellent Andrew. That's us matched last years numbers already and as you say, the season has not even started yet. Maybe even geet up to FOUR triples. I am going to book four rinks tonight at the committee, so it gives us a bit of leeway to increase to rinks or whatever if required.

MSK
11-04-2009, 10:17 PM

Speedy
20-04-2009, 10:51 AM

Pretty much every club is looking for members

MSK
20-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Pretty much every club is looking for membersThe only problem with my club (Jewel) is that you now have to be a member of the main club ...unfortunately you have to be 18 & on top that there is a minimum of a years waiting list...

Thats a shame because until the rule change we had a superb youth section & a few of those players went on to represent the club in the Esk league (we had two teams back then)..now we have no-one coming through & have to rely on new club members ...

Folk wonder why bowls is dying on its feet !!

MSK
23-05-2009, 04:04 PM

tanfield
happyhibbie
fatstu
sunnyleith
luxjock
sg7nil
Ian Duffy
leemc-1989
Barneybreslin

So that's at least 3 triples and the season hasn't started yet:thumbsup:Updated the list ..Ian Duffy (Hawkhill hibs -Jewel miners) replacing hibee re-born

MB62
24-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Updated the list ..Ian Duffy (Hawkhill hibs -Jewel miners) replacing hibee re-born

Has everyone confirmed they are playing Kenny?

I need to start asking a few of the Northern lads but I need to know how many to ask.

tanfield
24-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Has everyone confirmed they are playing Kenny?

I need to start asking a few of the Northern lads but I need to know how many to ask.

Think we're looking at about a dozen for the game Mike. Could play 4 triples if your talent can be stretched that far:devil::duck:

MB62
25-05-2009, 07:12 AM
Think we're looking at about a dozen for the game Mike. Could play 4 triples if your talent can be stretched that far:devil::duck:

BRILLIANT. :thumbsup:
I better start asking around the club then.

MB62
25-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Taken from KENNY'S STICKIE on the main forum.

Bowls Northern hibbies v hibs.net 09

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bowls (Northern BC v hibs.net) 09

Any bowlers out there..?...fancy a wee break from the desperate football season in the company of fellow hibbies ..?

Last year Burnsie07 organised a bowls match between Northern hibbies & a team from hibs.net...

12 of us from hibs.net descended upon Northern bowling club to pit our wits against our fellow hibbies & in a superb 15 end match in which the scores switched from team to team. Hibs.net were finally outdone in the very last end when we looked to have a great win in the bag.

That result hurt hibs.net & we vowed we would be back to avenge that defeat, bigger, better & stronger ...

The match was played in true spirit & although very competitive there was banter galore throughout & indeed after when the pints were flowing & of course when the superb buffet was rolled out ..

So if you are a bowler & up for a bit of revenge, a few drinks, a chance to meet fellow hibs.netters & most importantly available on Saturday 20th June 09 at 2.15pm then either pm myself or Tanfield or alternatively add your name to the thread on this link..

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=144524

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get yer names down lads for hammering No. 2 from the Northern Hibbies :thumbsup:

MB62
27-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Due to some EBL charity bowling match taking place on the same day as our big game, we are going to be missing a few players. It is also proving difficult at the moment to get a team of Hibbies together, I might even have to invite a couple of non Hibernian men into the team, although that will be a last resort for us.

I'll get the twelve required, just not sure who they will be. :boo hoo:

tanfield
27-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Updated....:hnet: with confirmations or otherwise

tanfield - Confirmed ok
happyhibbie - Confirmed ok
fatstu - Confirmed ok
sunnyleith - Still to confirm:I'm waiti
luxjock - Still to confirm:I'm waiti
sg7nil - Confirmed ok
Ian Duffy - Confirmed ok
leemc-1989 - Confirmed ok
Barneybreslin - Confirmed ok
+ the others you had mentioned kenny:wink:

400th post :scarf: - Prolific!

MSK
27-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Due to some EBL charity bowling match taking place on the same day as our big game, we are going to be missing a few players. It is also proving difficult to at the moment to get a team of Hibbies together, I might even have to invite a couple of non Hibernian men into the team, although that will be a last resort for us.

I'll get the twelve required, just not sure who they will be. :boo hoo:Come on :hnet:...we are no wanting beat fi Burnsie's "reserves"...remember what hibs reserves done tae the yams ....:blah:....:greengrin

MB62
28-05-2009, 07:21 AM
Updated....:hnet: with confirmations or otherwise

tanfield - Confirmed ok
happyhibbie - Confirmed ok
fatstu - Confirmed ok
sunnyleith - Still to confirm:I'm waiti
luxjock - Still to confirm:I'm waiti
sg7nil - Confirmed ok
Ian Duffy - Confirmed ok
leemc-1989 - Confirmed ok
Barneybreslin - Confirmed ok
+ the others you had mentioned kenny:wink:

400th post :scarf: - Prolific!

Well, so far I have 9 defo's and awaiting reply from another couple and still others I have yet to ask. The nine confirmed should be plenty strong enough to take care of you lot though so I'm not worried who else wants to play :wink: :greengrin

C'Mon the Northern Hibees :thumbsup:

:singing:
The Northern Hibs of Auld Cannonmills
Mean home sweet home to me
The Hibs.net came calling one day
But we beat them easy

MSK
29-05-2009, 12:16 AM
I dont think the stickie on the main forum has drummed up any new interest so i will give it till Sat morn then drop it ...

Andy, im quite happy to stick to the 9...3 x triples, that would avoid me having to pull in an extra two bodies, i know i could prob get them (as per our pm exchange) but i would feel just as happy going with the 9 named hopefully those two who are not yet definates can confirm soon so we can finalise things ...:hnet:

MB62
29-05-2009, 07:09 AM
I dont think the stickie on the main forum has drummed up any new interest so i will give it till Sat morn then drop it ...

Andy, im quite happy to stick to the 9...3 x triples, that would avoid me having to pull in an extra two bodies, i know i could prob get them (as per our pm exchange) but i would feel just as happy going with the 9 named hopefully those two who are not yet definates can confirm soon so we can finalise things ...:hnet:

I had taken it on the presumption that you guys had 12 players, so three of my guys will be disappointed :boo hoo:
I could probably loan you a couple for the day but as we Northern Hibees don't like getting beat, they might not want to play for the :hnet: mugs :wink: :greengrin

Let me know as soon as you can lads as I will have to let my boys know the score.

MSK
29-05-2009, 08:04 AM
I had taken it on the presumption that you guys had 12 players, so three of my guys will be disappointed :boo hoo:
I could probably loan you a couple for the day but as we Northern Hibees don't like getting beat, they might not want to play for the :hnet: mugs :wink: :greengrin

Let me know as soon as you can lads as I will have to let my boys know the score.I thought you only had 9 players !!!...ah the mind games begin ...:greengrin

Looking at Andy's update it looks like we only have 7 definates ....:rolleyes:

sambajustice
29-05-2009, 10:09 AM
I thought you only had 9 players !!!...ah the mind games begin ...:greengrin

Looking at Andy's update it looks like we only have 7 definates ....:rolleyes:

I'm smelling stinky breeks...

:hnet: are obviously cacking it at the prospect of playing in the Estadio Dos Northern...

The excuses are piling up already and there's still 3 weeks to go!

:greengrin:greengrin

Sunny Leith
29-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Im 50/50 at the minute Tanfield, Just applied for a new role at my work now I have finished uni and if I get it then I will have to work on Saturdays! I should know by next week I reckon.

MB62
29-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Im 50/50 at the minute Tanfield, Just applied for a new role at my work now I have finished uni and if I get it then I will have to work on Saturdays! I should know by next week I reckon.

I'm smelling stinky breeks...

:hnet: are obviously cacking it at the prospect of playing in the Estadio Dos Northern...

The excuses are piling up already and there's still 3 weeks to go!

:greengrin:greengrin

Aye, and this is with us missing a couple of our top boys too.
Having to work on a Saturday afternoon when you could be bowling!
Have you ever heard such a tale? :wink: :greengrin

tanfield
29-05-2009, 11:20 AM

Cheers Nicky, let me know as soon as.

In the meantime dinnae listen to Mike's patter. It's as bad as last year:greengrin

tanfield
29-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Aye, and this is with us missing a couple of our top boys too.
Having to work on a Saturday afternoon when you could be bowling!
Have you ever heard such a tale? :wink: :greengrin

Mike, I'm surprised you are making all this noise. Here was me thinking you were still stuck in my back pocket:greengrin

If I play you again and win (foregone result:blah::blah:) I can put you on my mantelpiece.:thumbsup: That goes as well for the :hnet:traitor aka Sambajustice:devil:

:hnet::hnet:

MB62
29-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Mike, I'm surprised you are making all this noise. Here was me thinking you were still stuck in my back pocket:greengrin

If I play you again and win (foregone result:blah::blah:) I can put you on my mantelpiece.:thumbsup: That goes as well for the :hnet:traitor aka Sambajustice:devil:

:hnet::hnet:

It's a TEAM game Andrew, and I was part of the winning team :wink:

As for Sambajustice, once a Northern Hibby, always a Northern Hibby, why lower your standards:greengrin

MSK
29-05-2009, 03:35 PM

If I play you again and win, I can put you on my mantelpiece.:thumbsup:

:hnet::hnet:Too far ...would you really want that on yer mantle piece staring down on you every morn ....:faf:

Sorry....:greengrin

Ps ..Samba ...absolutley no worries nor fears mate ...i have 3 reserves i can bring in no probs, i would rather wait until we have definates before i am forced to do that :coffee:..however as you said, theres still 3 weeks to go...a lot might change in that time ...in the meantime ..you keep enjoying getting off on yer gobbie last end flukey win ....it wont happen again ....:greengrin

Mon the :hnet: .....:thumbsup:

MB62
30-05-2009, 09:01 AM
Too far ...would you really want that on yer mantle piece staring down on you every morn ....:faf:

Sorry....:greengrin

Ps ..Samba ...absolutley no worries nor fears mate ...i have 3 reserves i can bring in no probs, i would rather wait until we have definates before i am forced to do that :coffee:..however as you said, theres still 3 weeks to go...a lot might change in that time ...in the meantime ..you keep enjoying getting off on yer gobbie last end flukey win ....it wont happen again ....:greengrin

Mon the :hnet: .....:thumbsup:

Kenny/Andrew, Loving the banter lads, it makes things a bit more interesting for the day (BTW, yer right, nobody in their mind would want me on their mantlepiece, just as well Andrew has no chance anyway eh (oops, smillies not working from home p.c.).

On a serious note though, how many do guys expect to play?
I already have 9 confirmed, waiting on answers from another three but can really get as many as required.

MSK
30-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Kenny/Andrew, Loving the banter lads, it makes things a bit more interesting for the day (BTW, yer right, nobody in their mind would want me on their mantlepiece, just as well Andrew has no chance anyway eh (oops, smillies not working from home p.c.).

On a serious note though, how many do guys expect to play?
I already have 9 confirmed, waiting on answers from another three but can really get as many as required.We need Luxjock & Sunny to confirm as definates, i cant ask anymore until i know these two are gonna def play or not ...if not i can probably get another two ...i said three earlier but i have included Ian Duffy in that ...if Luxjock & Sunny cant make it then i will pull in my two reserves then that would give us a solid 9 ..however i appreciate Sunny is starting a new job so he is unsure of his shift/availability...Luxjock..i dont know...

I would like to know pretty soon as i need to let these other guys know just in case they decide to organise local ties ..(Leith Dockers)

MB62
30-05-2009, 12:19 PM
We need Luxjock & Sunny to confirm as definates, i cant ask anymore until i know these two are gonna def play or not ...if not i can probably get another two ...i said three earlier but i have included Ian Duffy in that ...if Luxjock & Sunny cant make it then i will pull in my two reserves then that would give us a solid 9 ..however i appreciate Sunny is starting a new job so he is unsure of his shift/availability...Luxjock..i dont know...

I would like to know pretty soon as i need to let these other guys know just in case they decide to organise local ties ..(Leith Dockers)

Ok Kenny, so regardless of names and faces, we are going to go ahead with three triples?

That's fine as I can let my guys know who are still to get back to me, that they are Mixu'd (bumped)

MSK
30-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Ok Kenny, so regardless of names and faces, we are going to go ahead with three triples?

That's fine as I can let my guys know who are still to get back to me, that they are Mixu'd (bumped)I would say a "probable" 9 Mike (no less)...if Luxjock & Sunny can make it..&..if i have plenty notice i can still bring in my guys...ideally i want 12..im sure you & Andy do too....

Its all ifs & buts the noo mate ...:greengrin

So ...

Definate 7...probable 9 but potentially 12 ....:rolleyes:.....:greengrin

tanfield
30-05-2009, 08:01 PM
I would say a "probable" 9 Mike (no less)...if Luxjock & Sunny can make it..&..if i have plenty notice i can still bring in my guys...ideally i want 12..im sure you & Andy do too....

Its all ifs & buts the noo mate ...:greengrin

So ...

Definate 7...probable 9 but potentially 12 ....:rolleyes:.....:greengrin

Agree with that Kenny. I think we could get 12 but I've been holding off going through my wee black book until we know if Sunny and Luxjock can make it.:agree:

12 would be perfect.

Speedy
31-05-2009, 03:41 AM
C'mon the :hnet: don't let the mind games get to you, it's in the bag :greengrin

MSK
31-05-2009, 10:03 AM
C'mon the :hnet: don't let the mind games get to you, it's in the bag :greengrin:wink: ....well said Deano ..:thumbsup:

MB62
01-06-2009, 10:52 AM
C'mon the :hnet: don't let the mind games get to you, it's in the bag :greengrin

Aha! fighting talk at last from the :hnet: bowlers (using the term loosely of course :wink: :greengrin).

sambajustice
01-06-2009, 11:46 AM

Is that the wet paper one the :hnet: couldnt fight* their way out of...???

:devil::devil:

*In a bowling sense of course! Their should only be verbal fisticuffs on the green!

Unlike on Friday when there was almost real paegerring when the local hooligan element decided to lob bottles over the fence and onto the green!!!

MSK
01-06-2009, 12:14 PM

*In a bowling sense of course! Their should only be verbal fisticuffs on the green!

Unlike on Friday when there was almost real paegerring when the local hooligan element decided to lob bottles over the fence and onto the green!!!At the Northern ..?....was it Perrier, Pimms & Moet Chandon bottles ...?...:greengrin

Up this way at the Jewel its just yer usual half Niddries !!!! :greengrin

MB62
01-06-2009, 12:50 PM

Unlike on Friday when there was almost real paegerring when the local hooligan element decided to lob bottles over the fence and onto the green!!!

At the Northern ..?....was it Perrier, Pimms & Moet Chandon bottles ...?...:greengrin

Up this way at the Jewel its just yer usual half Niddries !!!! :greengrin

I phoned L&B's finest to report this unsavoury incident, reporting the fact that the young drunken louts didn't even look as though they were of drinking age yet. 'I'll send this on to your local police officers and they will hopefully send a car round to deal with this' said the telephonist. I phoned back on Saturday morning to ask what action had been taken. 'Let me find your report sir' 'ah! yes, a patrol arrived at the scene at 12.05am but could find nothing untoward'.
Considering I reported this at about 9.15pm I would be very surprised if anybody would still have been there about three hours later. :grr:

I think if there is a next time, we will just sort the scene out ourselves

MSK
01-06-2009, 01:05 PM
I phoned L&B's finest to report this unsavoury incident, reporting the fact that the young drunken louts didn't even look as though they were of drinking age yet. 'I'll send this on to your local police officers and they will hopefully send a car round to deal with this' said the telephonist. I phoned back on Saturday morning to ask what action had been taken. 'Let me find your report sir' 'ah! yes, a patrol arrived at the scene at 12.05am but could find nothing untoward'.
Considering I reported this at about 9.15pm I would be very surprised if anybody would still have been there about three hours later. :grr:

I think if there is a next time, we will just sort the scene out ourselvesThats crap mate but it doesnt surprise me, launching ****in bottles over the fence is a bit much..i assume there were folk on the green at the time Mike ..

We arent too bad as we are a bit off the beaten track although we used to have problems wi kids going through the car park at the rear of the former indoor rink & on a few occassions we had stones launched over the roof & onto the green ...we even had one idiot in Bingham who thought it was funny to practice his golf skills & launched a few balls onto the green narrowly missing the skull of a bowler ...his game was short lived though as a passing member wrapped the club round his neck !!!....:greengrin

MB62
02-06-2009, 07:23 AM
Thats crap mate but it doesnt surprise me, launching ****in bottles over the fence is a bit much..i assume there were folk on the green at the time Mike ..

We arent too bad as we are a bit off the beaten track although we used to have problems wi kids going through the car park at the rear of the former indoor rink & on a few occassions we had stones launched over the roof & onto the green ...we even had one idiot in Bingham who thought it was funny to practice his golf skills & launched a few balls onto the green narrowly missing the skull of a bowler ...his game was short lived though as a passing member wrapped the club round his neck !!!....:greengrin

Whilst this is the first time we have ever had bottles thrown over the fence and hedge, it's not uncommon for a fitba or tennis or even the odd cricket ball to come over. Fortunately on Friday, the tie I was marking had just finished minutes earlier, otherwise it could have been a bit nasty. Last night, as I was busy getting murdered in our club SBA Fours final, a golf ball came flying over the fence and hit Stan Christie.
Fortunately Stan is a Yam and it took half an hour for him to realise he had been hit and it was sore :wink:

sg7nil
02-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Whilst this is the first time we have ever had bottles thrown over the fence and hedge, it's not uncommon for a fitba or tennis or even the odd cricket ball to come over. Fortunately on Friday, the tie I was marking had just finished minutes earlier, otherwise it could have been a bit nasty. Last night, as I was busy getting murdered in our club SBA Fours final, a golf ball came flying over the fence and hit Stan Christie.
Fortunately Stan is a Yam and it took half an hour for him to realise he had been hit and it was sore :wink:

You are lucky, we've had nights with up to six cricket balls landing on the green during league matches...:grr: (you need a hard hat - or a thick skull to play at Seafield!)... This mostly happens when Leith Franklin lend out their smaller wicket to other teams.. Leith themselves are a bit more careful of where they hit it and have a local rule (in non-league matches) where if you hit it over our fence its "6 and out".

We tend to keep the balls after the second one comes over too.. anyone want to buy some second hand cricket balls???:wink:

MSK
02-06-2009, 07:57 AM
Fortunately Stan is a Yam and it took half an hour for him to realise he had been hit and it was sore :wink::greengrin

You are lucky, we've had nights with up to six cricket balls landing on the green during league matches...:grr: (you need a hard hat - or a thick skull to play at Seafield!)... This mostly happens when Leith Franklin lend out their smaller wicket to other teams.. Leith themselves are a bit more careful of where they hit it and have a local rule (in non-league matches) where if you hit it over our fence its "6 and out".

We tend to keep the balls after the second one comes over too.. anyone want to buy some second hand cricket balls???:wink::greengrin

sambajustice
02-06-2009, 08:09 AM
All this talk of bottles coming crashing on the Northern green, I thought for a minute there we were talking about :hnet: in last years game...

MB62
02-06-2009, 12:30 PM
All this talk of bottles coming crashing on the Northern green, I thought for a minute there we were talking about :hnet: in last years game...

:faf: :faf: :faf: :thumbsup:

MSK
02-06-2009, 01:11 PM

:faf: :faf: :faf: :thumbsup:4602....:greengrin

tanfield
05-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Luxjock now confirmed:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Over to you Sunny. Hope you can make it

Leemc has also secured another player

So, that makes 9 so far which is ok but still looking for 12:greengrin

cableguy
06-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Luxjock now confirmed:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Over to you Sunny. Hope you can make it

Leemc has also secured another player

So, that makes 9 so far which is ok but still looking for 12:greengrin

ok guys i'm the new member of the hibs .net bowling team :thumbsup:
drafted in by lee and andy :top marks
:bye::bye:

Lmc2105
06-06-2009, 02:47 PM
:bye::bye:

Welcome to the team dad!!:thumbsup:

btw andy i have to say was some game the other day there you were brilllient:thumbsup:

MSK
06-06-2009, 03:11 PM
:bye::bye:Excellent Cable guy ..welcome to hibs.net & welcome to :hnet: bowling team ...:thumbsup:

MB62
06-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Excellent Cable guy ..welcome to hibs.net & welcome to :hnet: bowling team ...:thumbsup:

Is that what you call yourselves??

Down at the Northern you're known as the wee team! :D

Seriously though thats good news, we like beating as many people as possible!

MSK
06-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Is that what you call yourselves??

Down at the Northern you're known as the wee team! :D

Seriously though thats good news, we like beating as many people as possible!That Sir has got me riled ..that is pure fighting talk !!!! ...:grr:

Let the countdown commence ....:hnet:.....:greengrin

Lmc2105
06-06-2009, 05:02 PM
That Sir has got me riled ..that is pure fighting talk !!!! ...:grr:

Let the countdown commence ....:hnet:.....:greengrin

yeah exactly!!

i am very confident we shall win this!!

andy is in the best form so far i am getting there and my dad is good aswell.

as am sure the rest aswell HappyHibee will be in your best form

Northern watch out we are after you's!!:wink:

MSK
06-06-2009, 05:06 PM
yeah exactly!!

i am very confident we shall win this!!

andy is in the best form so far i am getting there and my dad is good aswell.

as am sure the rest aswell HappyHibee will be in your best form

Northern watch out we are after you's!!:wink:We were hurt last time Lee..we aint gonna be hurt again kid ...:hnet:

tanfield
06-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Welcome aboard cableguy:thumbsup:

sambajustice
06-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Ah, fresh meat...

:greengrin:devil:

This is all good banter though and hopefully we'll have a nice warm day too! Looking forward to it!

MSK
06-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Ah, fresh meat...

:greengrin:devil:

This is all good banter though and hopefully we'll have a nice warm day too! Looking forward to it!Indeed..no wanting yer auld guys like Burnsie moaning aboot cauld hands ...:greengrin

cableguy
09-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Indeed..no wanting yer auld guys like Burnsie moaning aboot cauld hands ...:greengrin

Hey thank's to all the guy's in the :hnet:team for the warm welcome
:thumbsup:look forward to meeting all you guy's :bye:
so let's do it burnside :faf::faf::faf::faf:

tanfield
10-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Burnside - quality!!:faf::faf:

Does that make Sambajustice - June Ackland:faf:

MB62
10-06-2009, 11:35 AM

Never mind the quality - feel the width :wink: :greengrin

Sambajustice looks like Cheryl Cole beside me.

we'll still be good enough to defend our trophy

GGTTNH

sambajustice
10-06-2009, 01:36 PM

aye, aye, aye, laugh it up!

I've been doing a bit of detective work actually and it looks like the .netters are breaking some laws by bringing in Ringers!

.netters with TWO POSTS eh??? Thats suspcious! There's no case for the defence here! The .netters are going down and thats the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth...

Besides, if we're going for double acts here, here's Happyhibbie & Tanfield after they've thrown another couple of wrong bias'... :greengrin :greengrin :greengrin

http://blogs.citypages.com/amadzine/images/shhtan.jpg

MSK
10-06-2009, 03:36 PM
aye, aye, aye, laugh it up!

I've been doing a bit of detective work actually and it looks like the .netters are breaking some laws by bringing in Ringers!

.netters with TWO POSTS eh??? Thats suspcious! There's no case for the defence here! The .netters are going down and thats the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth...

Besides, if we're going for double acts here, here's Happyhibbie & Tanfield after they've thrown another couple of wrong bias'... :greengrin :greengrin :greengrin

http://blogs.citypages.com/amadzine/images/shhtan.jpgBtw ye arent too far off wi that pic ...i have shorter hair though ...:greengrin

tanfield
10-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Btw ye arent too far off wi that pic ...i have shorter hair though ...:greengrin

Aye, and I don't wear a hat:greengrin

tanfield
10-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Luxjock just pulled out!

Now down to 9 defos

MSK
10-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Luxjock just pulled out!

Now down to 9 defosOch ..:rolleyes:...right gonna have tae pull of a good one tae get my 3 "reserves" in....:pray:

Sunny Leith
11-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Really sorry guys, just had it confirmed that I will not be able to make it next Saturday :boo hoo:. Ended up having to swap a shift so Im able to play for Edinburgh in the Scottish final on Sunday and it so happens that Saturday will be the day I have to work to cover it :grr:! Sorry again guys, just hope the :hnet: team can do it!

MB62
11-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Really sorry guys, just had it confirmed that I will not be able to make it next Saturday :boo hoo:. Ended up having to swap a shift so Im able to play for Edinburgh in the Scottish final on Sunday and it so happens that Saturday will be the day I have to work to cover it :grr:! Sorry again guys, just hope the :hnet: team can do it!

Excuses Excuses. The fear of the mighty Northern Hibees strikes again as another one bites the dust.

MSK
11-06-2009, 03:58 PM
This is turning intae a mare !!! ..nowt against the call-offs, these things cant be helped but if i cannae get these other guys then its gonna be pretty tight wi the numbers ....nae mare call offs please ...:pray:

MB62
12-06-2009, 07:07 AM
This is turning intae a mare !!! ..nowt against the call-offs, these things cant be helped but if i cannae get these other guys then its gonna be pretty tight wi the numbers ....nae mare call offs please ...:pray:

Do you reckon we are looking at 9 max now Kenny. I have 10 guys accepted (after a few call off myself) but could probably get another two if pushed.

tanfield
12-06-2009, 07:59 AM

See how you get on at the weekend Kenny. If we had 9 again that would be ok as would 10 or 11. I will try also in the meantime.

MB62
15-06-2009, 07:06 AM
See how you get on at the weekend Kenny. If we had 9 again that would be ok as would 10 or 11. I will try also in the meantime.

10 would be good lads as that is how many I have at the moment. Two triples and two pairs on the four rinks would be ok. My problem might be you guys getting 11 or 12 at the last minute as I will be away on Friday evening and have little chance of getting others along in time.

tanfield
15-06-2009, 07:36 AM
Mike, I think we should know our definite numbers by the middle of the week. I am waiting for a few people to get back to me but will know for sure Wednesday night.

Kenny - Did you have much joy over the weekend?

Lmc2105
15-06-2009, 12:01 PM
Mike, I think we should know our definite numbers by the middle of the week. I am waiting for a few people to get back to me but will know for sure Wednesday night.

Kenny - Did you have much joy over the weekend?

i think i might have a player mate :thumbsup:

sambajustice
15-06-2009, 02:35 PM

More ringers eh?

tanfield
15-06-2009, 09:12 PM

Tell all!

MSK
15-06-2009, 09:45 PM
See how you get on at the weekend Kenny. If we had 9 again that would be ok as would 10 or 11. I will try also in the meantime.Had a few personal issues to sort out at home Andy(hence my absence from here) sorry mate but because of this i could not get anywhere near the club, i cant even get in touch with Ian Duffy, my house number has been up in the club for months & he is aware of that but so far he has failed to contact me ..

Crapper than crap !!! :grr:

Lmc2105
15-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Tell all!

My Friend plays for a team in tranent who are top of there league very good bowler:thumbsup:

MSK
15-06-2009, 09:50 PM
My Friend plays for a team in tranent who are top of there league very good bowler:thumbsup:Better no be EL-CO !!! :grr:......:greengrin

Lmc2105
15-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Better no be EL-CO !!! :grr:......:greengrin

thats the 1 buddy:thumbsup:

MSK
15-06-2009, 10:14 PM
thats the 1 buddy:thumbsup:Thought so mate, if he even squeaks the words 7-1 then theres gonna be trouble ....:take that......:greengrin

Lmc2105
15-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Thought so mate, if he even squeaks the words 7-1 then theres gonna be trouble ....:take that......:greengrin

yeah he said that he beat a team up your way a few weeks ago very convinceingly:wink:

al gee um a slap:agree:

MSK
16-06-2009, 12:11 AM
yeah he said that he beat a team up your way a few weeks ago very convinceingly:wink:

al gee um a slap:agree:Aye, we have had a fair few ding dongs wi them in recent years ...they aint good losers ....as they will find out in a few weeks time ...:greengrin

MB62
16-06-2009, 07:08 AM
Aye, we have had a fair few ding dongs wi them in recent years ...they aint good losers ....as they will find out in a few weeks time ...:greengrin

He'll find out a lot sooner than that Kenny :wink: :greengrin

It would be good for me if you could finalize a number by tomorow night, and whatever that is, we just go for it.
I am going to have trouble getting extra guys if we go beyond 10 after tomorrow as I simply wont have the time to go chasing possible interested Hibbies.

Can we just say, by 3.30pm on Wednesday that whoever is a defo, that is the numbers?

Or I could give you my moby and you could phone/text me on Wednesday
night. At least I might be able to ask a couple after our league match.

tanfield
16-06-2009, 08:03 AM
So what numbers are we up to then? I make 7 so far plus guy from Tranent (is he a defo Lee?):
Fatstu
sg7nil
Happyhibbie
Leemc 1989
Cableguy
tanfield
Barneybreslin
Tranent dude

Kenny assume Ian Holloway has a question mark against him.

Mike - Send me a PM with your moby and I can give you a shout on Wednesday night.

Lmc2105
16-06-2009, 10:53 AM
So what numbers are we up to then? I make 7 so far plus guy from Tranent (is he a defo Lee?):
Fatstu
sg7nil
Happyhibbie
Leemc 1989
Cableguy
tanfield
Barneybreslin
Tranent dude

Mike - Send me a PM with your moby and I can give you a shout on Wednesday night.

Kevin has now confimred he is playing:thumbsup:

Cracking bowler so gread addition to the team,

he played in your rink Kenny:wink:

sambajustice
16-06-2009, 12:14 PM

he played in your rink Kenny:wink:

Is he a hibby??

Lmc2105
16-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Is he a hibby??

of course he is or a wouldn't have asked um:wink:

MB62
16-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Fatstu
sg7nil
Happyhibbie
Leemc 1989
Cableguy
tanfield
Barneybreslin
Tranent dude

Andrew,

You have a PM.

MSK
16-06-2009, 11:49 PM
Fatstu
sg7nil
Happyhibbie
Leemc 1989
Cableguy
tanfield
Barneybreslin
Tranent dude

Mike - Send me a PM with your moby and I can give you a shout on Wednesday night.Holloway ...:confused:....:greengrin
Tanfield
happyhibbie
fatstu
sg7nil
Ian Duffy
leemc-1989
Barneybreslin

he played in your rink Kenny:wink:What rink was that Lee ?...:confused:...im confuddled ..:greengrin

tanfield
17-06-2009, 07:07 AM
Holloway ...:confused:....:greengrin
Tanfield
happyhibbie
fatstu
sg7nil
Ian Duffy
leemc-1989
Barneybreslin

What rink was that Lee ?...:confused:...im confuddled ..:greengrin

Getting my surnames mixed up. :doh: Was Ian Holloway not a manager somewhere:confused:

Ok start again. Is Ian Duffy in or out? If he's in that we got nine and just one more to get to Burnsie's 10.

MB62
17-06-2009, 07:15 AM
Holloway ...:confused:....:greengrin
Tanfield
happyhibbie
fatstu
sg7nil
Ian Duffy
leemc-1989
Barneybreslin

Getting my surnames mixed up. :doh: Was Ian Holloway not a manager somewhere:confused:

Ok start again. Is Ian Duffy in or out? If he's in that we got nine and just one more to get to Burnsie's 10.

I know I went to St. Augustine's but shirley even I can add those names up to make 07

Where's your other two players coming from Andy? :confused:

tanfield
17-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Cableguy & Kev from Tranent:rolleyes:

Lmc2105
17-06-2009, 11:57 AM

whats the confusion :confused:

Lmc2105
17-06-2009, 12:13 PM

Andy do we need another player?

Can maybe get 1 more Hibee:thumbsup:..

tanfield
17-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Andy do we need another player?

Can maybe get 1 more Hibee:thumbsup:..

If you can send me a text through on my moby. Cheers

Lmc2105
17-06-2009, 03:34 PM
If you can send me a text through on my moby. Cheers

no bother, Good Luck tonight:thumbsup:

MSK
17-06-2009, 11:35 PM

Ok start again. Is Ian Duffy in or out? If he's in that we got nine and just one more to get to Burnsie's 10.Sorry Andy, i meant to say last night ...im going along to the Jewel on Friday to pick up my bowls so i will see if i can catch him ..too late perhaps though i guess...my fear is he turns up at Northern as ive already filled him in with the details...mind you though..my contact no has been up in the club for months & he is yet to phone me ...:grr:

MB62
18-06-2009, 07:10 AM
Guys, can we just settle on 9 now and play three Triples. One of our lads called off last night after his wife was gicing him gip about all the bowls he plays (do wummin no understand our predicament? we have games to honour :wink: :greengrin)

i might be able to rumble up somebody else but I would rather just settle for the three triples as this has become a bit of a headache for everybody it seems.

tanfield
18-06-2009, 07:30 AM
Fine by me Mike. I think we have 8 for sure:
Tanfield
Happyhibbie
Leemc
Cableguy
Kev from store club
Fatstu
sg7nil
Barneybreslin

With Ian from Jewel as a possible. Sods law we would get another player and Ian would turn up as well.

Probably best sticking to what we've got at the moment.

Lmc2105
18-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Fine by me Mike. I think we have 8 for sure:
Tanfield
Happyhibbie
Leemc
Cableguy
Kev from store club
Fatstu
sg7nil
Barneybreslin
Matty Osborne

duno why i said chris:S

With Ian from Jewel as a possible. Sods law we would get another player and Ian would turn up as well.

Probably best sticking to what we've got at the moment.

New addition plays for the same team as kev:thumbsup:

tanfield
19-06-2009, 09:07 PM
New addition plays for the same team as kev:thumbsup:

Well done Lee, you have single handedly (sp) raised nearly half the team:thumbsup:

Looking forward to tomorrow. Lets face it if Tramways can get a 7 at Northern nothing stopping the :hnet: boys giving them another lesson:devil::blah::duck:

Lmc2105
19-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Well done Lee, you have single handedly (sp) raised nearly half the team:thumbsup:

Looking forward to tomorrow. Lets face it if Tramways can get a 7 at Northern nothing stopping the :hnet: boys giving them another lesson:devil::blah::duck:

hahah!!

yess well hopefully we can get a good win,

can you please give me the priceing for tomorrow and also the adress andy maybe even send me a text,

thnx mate go on the hibs.net!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

tanfield
19-06-2009, 10:55 PM
hahah!!

yess well hopefully we can get a good win,

can you please give me the priceing for tomorrow and also the adress andy maybe even send me a text,

thnx mate go on the hibs.net!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

You have a PM Lee

Lmc2105
19-06-2009, 11:12 PM
You have a PM Lee

Thanks Andy Strong Teams!!!:thumbsup:

see you tomorrow mate

Mon the .net!!:duck:

Lmc2105
20-06-2009, 05:45 PM
great win .net better luck next year northern:wink:

great guys we were well welcomed :thumbsup:

MSK
20-06-2009, 10:08 PM
great win .net better luck next year northern:wink:

great guys we were well welcomed :thumbsup:Lee ..we hammered them .........anyway ...thanks to you ..yer Dad & the ELCO team ...yer burd & er burds pal .......if that order is wrong then i apologise .....:greengrin

:hnet: sg7nil et-al ...get it right up ye Burnsie !!!!!! :flag::hnet::flag:

tanfield
20-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Just back. Great win for the :hnet: team. :thumbsup:

GIRUY Northern.:greengrin

Seriously, thanks to everyone who played today, much appreciated. Special thanks to Mike and Lesley for putting on a great spread afterwards.:agree:

Roll on next years game!

MSK
20-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Just back. Great win for the :hnet: team. :thumbsup:

GIRUY Northern.:greengrin

Seriously, thanks to everyone who played today, much appreciated. Special thanks to Mike and Lesley for putting on a great spread afterwards.:agree:

Roll on next years game!Agreed..thanks for the spread ...i noticed was down tae the brown rolls !!! :greengrin

Great day had ....its now 1-1..

Bring on next year ..

Ps ..Sneddon ...your class btw ..

Ps ..Mike Burns ...so are you ...:greengrin......

tanfield
20-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Agreed..thanks for the spread ...i noticed was down tae the brown rolls !!! :greengrin

Great day had ....its now 1-1..

Bring on next year ..

Ps ..Sneddon ...your class btw ..

Ps ..Mike Burns ...so are you ...:greengrin......

Mike was definitely out "10th" man:greengrin

sg7nil
21-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the invite boys.

Great afternoon had by all.

1 - 1 now.. cannae see the Northern coming back from that doing.:wink:

Roll on next year.:thumbsup:

MB62
21-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the invite boys.

Great afternoon had by all.

1 - 1 now.. cannae see the Northern coming back from that doing.:wink:

Roll on next year.:thumbsup:

Aye, so you beat our reserve team, and without doubt, I was the best player on the green and played my part in a convincing win. Unfortunately, I played for the Northern and we didn't win.

Well done though guys, a great day out and we thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience again.

Roll (and rolls) on next year.

Lmc2105
21-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Lee ..we hammered them .........anyway ...thanks to you ..yer Dad & the ELCO team ...yer burd & er burds pal .......if that order is wrong then i apologise .....:greengrin

:hnet: sg7nil et-al ...get it right up ye Burnsie !!!!!! :flag::hnet::flag:

yesss i don't have a woman!! they are all trouble!!

but yeah it was great to be apart of it:thumbsup:

bettter luck next time Northern!!

and they said in Mean Machine

you guy's took 1 hell of a beating tday!!:greengrin:greengrin:

anyways thnx to mike and His lady for putting on the food:thumbsup:

:hnet: all the way

MSK
21-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Aye, so you beat our reserve team, and without doubt, I was the best player on the green and played my part in a convincing win. Unfortunately, I played for the Northern and we didn't win.

Well done though guys, a great day out and we thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience again.

Roll (and rolls) on next year.Aw chin up Mike ..:wink:...we had a few changes too mate & as the auld saying goes ..ye can only beat whats in front of you ...other than our triple the other 2 trips were close so yer "reserve" team did no too bad imo ...

Onwards & upwards :hnet:

MB62
22-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Lads, I honestly had a fantastic day and despite all the hassles in the build up, the day made up for all of that and gave me the enthusiasm to do it all again next year, if everyone is up for it.

Good guys that all played and made it the fun day it was meant to be (although it will be even MORE fun next year when the Northern Hibees go 2-1 in front :wink: :greengrin)

Thanks again lads and congratulations on your narrow victory

BTW Andrew, your mantlepiece is needing a bit of a dusting, I cannae stop sneezing up there :greengrin)

sambajustice
22-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Just to echo others comments, thanks to Mike and Les for organising the game and post match scran! All went down a treat!

Turned out to be a fairly good afternoon, even when the rain came down it wasn't for long and the temperature didnt drop.

Not going to mention the game itself too much, the rink we were up against was just far too strong!

Roll on next year and a Northern victory!!!

tanfield
22-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Lads, I honestly had a fantastic day and despite all the hassles in the build up, the day made up for all of that and gave me the enthusiasm to do it all again next year, if everyone is up for it.

Good guys that all played and made it the fun day it was meant to be (although it will be even MORE fun next year when the Northern Hibees go 2-1 in front :wink: :greengrin)

Thanks again lads and congratulations on your narrow victory

BTW Andrew, your mantlepiece is needing a bit of a dusting, I cannae stop sneezing up there :greengrin)

Don't worry Mike, I on the job.

Just trying to clear some space so that Sambajustice and John can keep you company:thumbsup:

tanfield
22-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Not going to mention the game itself too much, the rink we were up against was just far too strong!

No wonder the team against you was stronger. It was 4 v's 2 after all:greengrin You and John didn't have a prayer!

sambajustice
22-06-2009, 11:10 PM

No wonder the team against you was stronger. It was 4 v's 2 after all:greengrin You and John didn't have a prayer!

A Prayer??? I had the Rosary beads out every time Burnsie07 took to the mat.

10 "Hail Mary's" and a "Please God, No Again..."

Didnae work though, i'm going to Confession on Sunday...

MB62
23-06-2009, 06:59 AM
A Prayer??? I had the Rosary beads out every time Burnsie07 took to the mat.

10 "Hail Mary's" and a "Please God, No Again..."

Didnae work though, i'm going to Confession on Sunday...

It should be me that's going to confession.

Bless me Father for I have sinned, I have told a huge lie, I told everybody I could play bowls. :wink: :greengrin

MSK
23-06-2009, 11:32 PM
It should be me that's going to confession.

Bless me Father for I have sinned, I have told a huge lie, I told everybody I could play bowls. :wink: :greengrinIts ok Mike..i didnae believe ye mate ...:greengrin