PDA

View Full Version : Capitals v Bison on Sunday

The_Todd
29-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Totally fired up for this one, a must win game if ever there was one especially with Hull breathing down our necks for that final playoff berth.

Anyone on here who's always fancied the Ice Hockey but never been, now's the time! And if you've never even heard of the Capitals... come anyway! Your local pro Ice Hockey team needs you!

Can you tell I'm getting right into this now? :greengrin

PC Stamp
29-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Totally fired up for this one, a must win game if ever there was one especially with Hull breathing down our necks for that final playoff berth.

Anyone on here who's always fancied the Ice Hockey but never been, now's the time! And if you've never even heard of the Capitals... come anyway! Your local pro Ice Hockey team needs you!

Can you tell I'm getting right into this now? :greengrin

:agree: Huge game on Sunday. If it turns out like the Great Capital Skate game between the two teams just after Christmas there then it'll be well worth going along.

Certainly hoping for some seconds between Stefishen & Cornish! :take that :greengrin

The_Todd
30-01-2009, 08:36 AM
:agree: Huge game on Sunday. If it turns out like the Great Capital Skate game between the two teams just after Christmas there then it'll be well worth going along.

Certainly hoping for some seconds between Stefishen & Cornish! :take that :greengrin

I'm still learning, but I'm guessing Stef is our "goon", right?

It'd be great if a few hundred Hibbies looking for a sports fix on Sunday night decided to take this game in! I'm certain that if most football fans gave Ice Hockey a chance they'd be hooked by it - it's happened to me!

stu in nottingham
30-01-2009, 12:45 PM
I hope you make it lads. It would be good to see Edinburgh in Nottingham for the finals. Good luck!

I'm off for a hockey fix down the NIC tomorrow night to watch the Panthers take on Manchester Phoenix. I will report back!

We done it Dad
31-01-2009, 07:15 AM

It'd be great if a few hundred Hibbies looking for a sports fix on Sunday night decided to take this game in! I'm certain that if most football fans gave Ice Hockey a chance they'd be hooked by it - it's happened to me!

Used to be loads of Hibs supporters went when it was Murrayfield Racers (then stopped going after the Racers folded, including me), who changed a lot of the football songs into Hockey songs. I still see a lot of fans and ex-players at Easter Road.
I get my fix now from watching NHL games on Setanta.
Do agree it is a great sport so get yourselves along.

stu in nottingham
31-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Here's a very old pic of a Nottingham v Murrayfield clash in the eighties. Who can name the three players featured!

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3661/crapsfj6.jpg

We done it Dad
31-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Here's a very old pic of a Nottingham v Murrayfield clash in the eighties. Who can name the three players featured!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
My old pal Jock Hay, Duncan McIntyre and is that the old Jamie Crapper, before his name change! :greengrin

I'm sure I've still got one of those Racers tops somewhere. Ah the memories!

stu in nottingham
31-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Bang-on all three! Yes that's Jamie unleashing one of trademark big slapshots.

I was trying to date the pic (without looking it up). Around 1984/5 maybe?

PC Stamp
31-01-2009, 05:13 PM

Nah, Stef's what I'd call an enforcer as he can play a bit as well. He looks after his mates when needed. Goons are more the sort who aren't the greatest players but will rough opponents up either by the way they play or by fighting with anyone ... apart from the other team's hard men!

Pheona
31-01-2009, 06:00 PM

I know Jock and recognised Duncan but not the other.

PC Stamp
01-02-2009, 09:51 PM
4-3 win for the Capitals despite being 3-1 up with 8 mins or so to play and then trying to throw it away by allowing two poor goals in the space of two minutes letting Bison level the game at 3-3. Fortunately the PP came together with half a minute left!

Tempered a little by Hull beating Cardiff 2-1 in Wales despite having been 1-0 down with just 3 minutes to play.

stu in nottingham
01-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Well done the Caps!

Here's my night at the NIC in Nottingham watching the Panthers taking on Manchester Phoenix.

Nottingham Panthers 3 Manchester Phoenix 2 (http://stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2009/02/01/nottingham-panthers-3-manchester-phoenix-2/)