PDA

View Full Version : Is Craig McEwan The New Ken Buchanan?

Dashing Bob S
30-10-2008, 07:16 PM
...but a Hibby instead of a Jambo, of course.

Like the cut of this chap's jib. He's taking on the highly rated Mexican pugalist Angulo, a very risky fight for the LA based Green. It reminds me of Buchanan's determination to win titles abroad and hide from nobody. A terribly brave fight for young Craig to take, as victory will turn a lot of Stateside fight game heads, and defeat will be a big, big setback.

Great clash of styles, a fleet-footed Scottish switchitter versus a hard boiled Mexican pugalist who yearns for a tear-up. Craig's jab will be crucial, if he has the power to make his fast forward opponent think again, then he could do it.

The date for the fight is the 22nd November, and I think it's in Vegas on the Hatton card. If so, I shall be there, getting behind a true Hibernian hero.

Toaods
30-10-2008, 07:26 PM
The date for the fight is the 22nd November, and I think it's in Vegas on the Hatton card. If so, I shall be there, getting behind a true Hibernian hero.

make sure you've got the Hibs top on Bob......:thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
30-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Colours definately, but perhaps just a tasteful lapel badge. Will be in LA all November, so looking forward to a couple of days debauchery in Vegas. A friend from there who is involved in the fight game rates Craig as an excellent prospect, and thinks this is a really exciting fight between two rising stars with contrasting styles.