PDA

View Full Version : The ryder cup.

blackpoolhibs
19-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Started about an hour ago, and already its compulsive viewing. Europe 1 up with 3 all square.:thumbsup:

Edit 2 up and 2 all square.:thumbsup:

Benny Brazil
19-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Thats my Friday evening planned - finish work, get home, TV on, beer in hand, watch the Ryder Cup till the end of play today:thumbsup:

TheGoldenShower
19-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Started about an hour ago, and already its compulsive viewing. Europe 1 up with 3 all square.:thumbsup:

Never seen you so happy.

FYI http://www.hibs.net/message/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Pheona
19-09-2008, 01:21 PM

Huh! my boss is using my Sky login to live stream it, which means I can't - there is no justice :grr:

IWasThere2016
19-09-2008, 01:21 PM

We were up in the two that are now a/s.

The US will win IMHO .. least that's what ma betting slip says! :cool2:

blackpoolhibs
19-09-2008, 01:27 PM

Up in 2 down in 1 and all square in the other.:thumbsup:

derekHFC
19-09-2008, 01:28 PM

Nae chance G.

Mon the Europeans :greengrin

IWasThere2016
19-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Nae chance G.

I hope yer right .. honest! :agree:

blackpoolhibs
19-09-2008, 03:46 PM

The tide is turning.:boo hoo:

IWasThere2016
19-09-2008, 04:04 PM
The tide is turning.:boo hoo:

:whistle:

plhibs
19-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Do you guys have to listen to the U.S. comentaters like we do over here?. It makes me want to :sick:

Scooter
19-09-2008, 06:20 PM
i hope we get beat Faldo is a Wa8k and it well serve right for do the old pals act!

The cooler king
19-09-2008, 06:23 PM
too many englishman in it for me.
canna stand faldo casey or poulter
hope they get gubbed

sunshine1875
20-09-2008, 06:41 AM
Totally drained after watching all 11 hours yesterday - we didn't do much wrong, but how we miss the guys with bottle - Monty, Clarke, Olie etc.

Always thought of Rose as someone who crumbles when the pressure gets hot - how many times has he led in the final day in America yet never wins?

Todays pairings do not fill me with any confidence.

Saturday's Ryder Cup foursomes pairings (all times BST, USA first): 1305 Stewart Cink/Chad Campbell v Ian Poulter/Justin Rose
1320 Justin Leonard/Hunter Mahan v MA Jimenez/Graeme McDowell
1335 Phil Mickelson/Anthony Kim v Henrik Stenson/Oliver Wilson
1350 Jim Furyk/Kenny Perry v Padraig Harrington/Robert Karlsson

No Westwood FFS

IWasThere2016
20-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Totally drained after watching all 11 hours yesterday - we didn't do much wrong, but how we miss the guys with bottle - Monty, Clarke, Olie etc.

Always thought of Rose as someone who crumbles when the pressure gets hot - how many times has he led in the final day in America yet never wins?

Todays pairings do not fill me with any confidence.

Saturday's Ryder Cup foursomes pairings (all times BST, USA first): 1305 Stewart Cink/Chad Campbell v Ian Poulter/Justin Rose
1320 Justin Leonard/Hunter Mahan v MA Jimenez/Graeme McDowell
1335 Phil Mickelson/Anthony Kim v Henrik Stenson/Oliver Wilson
1350 Jim Furyk/Kenny Perry v Padraig Harrington/Robert Karlsson

No Westwood FFS

Nor Garcia. Faldo is a complete tit .. his interviews are Strachan-esque.

The US will win .. I've them and the Arabs on at a 8.33 double!

Danderhall Hibs
20-09-2008, 04:05 PM
i hope we get beat Faldo is a Wa8k and it well serve right for do the old pals act!

It's just as well Faldo picked Poulter or we'd have next to no points!

Nor Garcia. Faldo is a complete tit .. his interviews are Strachan-esque.

The US will win .. I've them and the Arabs on at a 8.33 double!

Apparently Garcia asked to be left out this afternoon so you're a bit harsh.

Golden Bear
20-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Graham Mcdowell and Oliver Wilson were brilliant this afternoon - well done to the new boys!

Image of the TV coverage so far must be Anthony Kim's expression after he and Mickleson lost - he had a face like a weel skelpt erse - he was definitely not a happy bunny!

I've still high hopes that Europe can retain the trophy - all we need is a few more putts to go down

IWasThere2016
20-09-2008, 06:14 PM

Didnae know that but Faldo still a tit IMHO!

blackpoolhibs
20-09-2008, 07:12 PM

:agree: The yanks hate him, and so do a lot of the europeans. As someone else said, strapon talks a load of *****, and faldo's right up there with the best strapon has ever come out with.:jamboak:

Danderhall Hibs
20-09-2008, 07:23 PM

:agree: The yanks hate him, and so do a lot of the europeans. As someone else said, strapon talks a load of *****, and faldo's right up there with the best strapon has ever come out with.:jamboak:

Do you think that the perception the media give of Faldo as arrogant, aloof etc is too easily believed by people? I like people that win things and if they come accross as arrogant tough - British sport is full of losers that the public love.

I'm not suggesting either of you 2 have been brainwashed by the media BTW. :greengrin

IWasThere2016
21-09-2008, 06:56 PM
Do you think that the perception the media give of Faldo as arrogant, aloof etc is too easily believed by people? I like people that win things and if they come accross as arrogant tough - British sport is full of losers that the public love.

I'm not suggesting either of you 2 have been brainwashed by the media BTW. :greengrin

I can make ma own mind up .. hence:

Easy money ..

Scooter
21-09-2008, 07:14 PM
It's just as well Faldo picked Poulter or we'd have next to no points!

did i mention poulter
he is still a wa*nk

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-09-2008, 09:11 PM

:agree: Boys an erse, allways has been always will be. Inappropriate ego, Charismatic vacuum.

Only good thing about getting pumped is that this fud will be forgotten about once and for all.

Hank Schrader
21-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Better team and better captain won.

IWasThere2016
21-09-2008, 09:21 PM

:agree:

BroxburnHibee
21-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Well done Faldo :brickwall Game over with 3 off our big hitters still out on the course

When he dropped Westwood who was on a 12 match unbeaten streak i feared the worst

Guys an erse nowt to do with being arrogant just an erse endof :grr:

Hanny
21-09-2008, 09:22 PM
:agree: Boys an erse, allways has been always will be. Inappropriate ego, Charismatic vacuum.

Only good thing about getting pumped is that this fud will be forgotten about once and for all.

Noticed none of the players were anywhere near Faldo when the winning putt went in, he had to go to them to shake their hands. Clearly a fud of the highest order.

derekHFC
21-09-2008, 09:25 PM
I can't believe that he never put the strongest players out first. I read somewhere that Harrington wanted to go out last. That's a nonsense that. The Captain should have told him where he was playing, not letting the players dictate to him.

The big guns of Harrington and Garcia were poor throughout the tournament and some poor decisions by the captain with regards to pairings didn't help either.

Faldo was a great player, but a piss poor captain.

IWasThere2016
21-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Nae chance G.

:cool2:

Hank Schrader
21-09-2008, 09:27 PM
I am actually happy for Azinger, he's had to deal with cancer and the loss of his best mate and as annoyingly patriotic he is, he showed Faldo how to gather a team together, generate a great spirit and LEAD his team home. Gutted the cup won't be coming back but well played to the Yanks.

With the systematic change of captain the Americans seem to employ, they would be mugs to make Azinger step aside for someone else in 2010, and I think the American players will want him to stay on.:agree:

Sylar
21-09-2008, 09:33 PM
If Faldo is still in charge come 2010, i'll don the stars and stripes in protest.

Not at all unhappy that he starts with an 0-1 record - made mistake after mistake and made an utter fud of himself throughout.

America played some awesome golf today, and over the weekend, and were deserving of their win.

Their galleries were an utter disgrace at times though - no objection to them cheering their own successes, but cheering European errors was very disrespectful, and not in the nature of the Ryder Cup.

Boo Weekley is as much of an arse as Nick Faldo - shame as well, as he played some superb golf!

derekHFC
21-09-2008, 09:33 PM
:cool2:

Aye, aye, aye auld fella.

We were halvers on your bet weren't we??? :dunno: :greengrin

Hank Schrader
21-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Boo Weekley is as much of an arse as Nick Faldo - shame as well, as he played some superb golf!

Weekley, as much as an *rse he comes across on the course he does seem like a decent bloke, took time to congratulate Wilson on one of his shots too. I just think he got caught up in it all, not that I am defending him, he should know better. He played awesome though:agree:

As for Faldo being Captain again, I agree, no danger. Olazabal is favourite with the bookies but with it being in Wales, should Woosie get another shot?:dunno:

Sylar
21-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Weekley, as much as an *rse he comes across on the course he does seem like a decent bloke, took time to congratulate Wilson on one of his shots too. I just think he got caught up in it all, not that I am defending him, he should know better. He played awesome though:agree:

As for Faldo being Captain again, I agree, no danger. Olazabal is favourite with the bookies but with it being in Wales, should Woosie get another shot?:dunno:

Ach, I know he probably just caught up in it all, and you can't really blame him - does seem like a nice guy, but after killing us quite so easily (out in 29 FFS!), i'm branding him an arse until I cool off :wink:

Hibbie_Cameron
21-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Would nto be surprised if some of the big name Euro players come out and slate Faldo.

There is no chance Faldo would retain even if we won. He is not very popular at all over here but is in the USA

Hank Schrader
21-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Ach, I know he probably just caught up in it all, and you can't really blame him - does seem like a nice guy, but after killing us quite so easily (out in 29 FFS!), i'm branding him an arse until I cool off :wink:

So am I:wink:

His "giddy up" off the first tee was cringeworthy!!

Dibben
22-09-2008, 05:14 AM
I can't believe that he never put the strongest players out first. I read somewhere that Harrington wanted to go out last. That's a nonsense that. The Captain should have told him where he was playing, not letting the players dictate to him.

The big guns of Harrington and Garcia were poor throughout the tournament and some poor decisions by the captain with regards to pairings didn't help either.

Faldo was a great player, but a piss poor captain.

Thought he got his tactics all wrong yesterday!!!

BH.

The cooler king
22-09-2008, 06:47 AM
Delighted that Faldo has failed abysmally.

Vindicates his poor wild card selection.
Yes the self motivated Poulter carded some points but the effect on morale on the rest of the team at the exclusion of Darren Clarke was devestating......especially Harrington.

Faldo, yer a pr!ck.

IWasThere2016
22-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Aye, aye, aye auld fella.

We were halvers on your bet weren't we??? :dunno: :greengrin

Doubled them wi Arabs at Sheepland .. 8.33 double on SKYBet

Golden Bear
22-09-2008, 08:34 AM
Harrington played like an erse all week (just as well he can putt!) - that was as much to do with his placement as anchorman as anything else.

Big pluses from the week were the performances of the young guns -Mcdowell & Wilson. Poulter more than justified his selection with 4 points and Karlsson was a revelation.

We need a better Captain who is more in touch with the players - and i'm not sure if Sandy Lyle is the right man for the job.

At the end of the day though, the American team played brilliantly and thoroughly deserved their victory.

greenlex
22-09-2008, 08:47 AM
Delighted that Faldo has failed abysmally.

Vindicates his poor wild card selection.
Yes the self motivated Poulter carded some points but the effect on morale on the rest of the team at the exclusion of Darren Clarke was devestating......especially Harrington.

Faldo, yer a pr!ck.
Poulter was a stick on and Justified. He almost single handedly accounted for half the European points when the Americans actually won it Clarke should have been the other IMO..

Golden Bear
22-09-2008, 09:00 AM
The reason we lost is simple ------ there were no Scots in the team!:wink:

Unfortunately we're facing the same prospect for Celtic Manor in 2010. Monty's in the autumn of his career and none of the other Scots who are regulars on the European Tour (eg Orr, Gallacher, Forsyth, Lawrie, Warren), seem capable of holding their form for more than a week at a time so their chances are slim. The best bet could be young Martin Laird who has been performing magnificently in the US Tour and has a real chance of being named "Rookie of the Year".

Danderhall Hibs
22-09-2008, 07:11 PM

BH.

Did his tactics stop the players winning points? Don't think that was the problem, in fact his tactics were looking spot on until the middle order all lost.

Danderhall Hibs
22-09-2008, 07:13 PM

BH.

Poulter was a stick on and Justified. He almost single handedly accounted for half the European points when the Americans actually won it Clarke should have been the other IMO..

:agree: Although not one of the "experts" suggested the picks should have been Poulter and Clarke. To a man they said Clarke and Casey - no doubt they'll still hammer Faldo even though they were all wrong.

The media don't like Faldo so they're hammering him at every opportunity and brainwashing the masses while they're at it. IMO.