PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know who advertises at Easter Road??

sambajustice
12-08-2008, 07:39 PM
Reet,

Anyone got any idea of the companies who sponsor at Easter Road on the advertising boards around the sides of the pitch?

The reason I ask is that i'm organising an event at Easter Road in January and we're needing a sponsor to aid us to the tune of a £200-£300 due to the fact we're a non-profit organisation, thought that the folk who sponsor at Hibs on the pitch side boards might be a good place to start at...

Anyway, anyone got any names please??

Coco Bryce
12-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Reet,

Anyone got any idea of the companies who sponsor at Easter Road on the advertising boards around the sides of the pitch?

The reason I ask is that i'm organising an event at Easter Road in January and we're needing a sponsor to aid us to the tune of a £200-£300 due to the fact we're a non-profit organisation, thought that the folk who sponsor at Hibs on the pitch side boards might be a good place to start at...

Xile - where the casuals get most of their trendy gear from :greengrin

Oh and the boss Pat is a good hibby

sambajustice
12-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Xile - where the casuals get most of their trendy gear from :greengrin

Oh and the boss Pat is a good hibby

Thats the only one I do actually know! And i mailed them yesterday! :greengrin No reply yet though! :greengrin

I have no idea about any others though!

MyJo
12-08-2008, 08:06 PM
im pretty sure Peffer Paint have a sponsorship at easter road

Ivan Drago
12-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Thats the only one I do actually know! And i mailed them yesterday! :greengrin No reply yet though! :greengrin

I have no idea about any others though!

New Yorker definately :agree:

Sir David Gray
12-08-2008, 08:09 PM
The EEN has an advertising board at ER, as do Ladbrokes IIRC.

Obviously we also have Whyte & Mackay, Le Coq Sportif and Carling are also an official beer sponsor.

T Homewood Flooring also sponsors our shorts.

Frazerbob
12-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Chaplin's Discos. Canny beleive their still going!

hibee
12-08-2008, 08:14 PM
http://www.vittoriarestaurant.com

http://www.la-favorita.com

Both owned by Tony Crolla who's advertised at Easter Road for as long as I can remember !

ronaldo7
12-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Reet,

What are you organising and for what organistation?

Fantic
12-08-2008, 08:32 PM
Reet,

Cafe Truva- 77 the Shore
Victoria Park Hotel - http://www.vphotel.co.uk/

sambajustice
12-08-2008, 08:42 PM
What are you organising and for what organistation?

Well believe it or not i'm organising the British Table Soccer Championships, pretty much the biggest tournament in Britain and we're expecting a fair European contingent over, in the past had players from Italy, Malta, Canada, Belgium, Holland, Austria, Germany, Norway as well as the home nations. Having it at ER will hopefully get some of these foreign guys buying Hibs stuff!! :thumbsup:

Anyway after a few years of using crappy venues like schools sports halls I thought it was time for somewhere a bit classier! Being a Hibby, organising at Easter Road was always going to be first choice. However they are charging a lot more than we're used to paying for venues so pretty much the only way we're going to cover the costs is to get some sort of sponsor. The entrants pay and entry fee which covers some costs but it wont cover everything this year!

I'm organising it on behalf of the Scottish Sports Table Football Association (SSTFA).

We nearly always get a fair bit of media coverage due the novelty factor of this event and with it being a football related event at a football stadium hopefully will also get the publicity. I was even on the 6 o'clock news a few years ago because of this game! THis is something i'm going to try sell to sponsors! Also want people to realise this game still gets played and hopefully attract some new players, thats the main aim really!

Anyway, thanks for the help so far and keep those ideas and names coming in!!!

BTW when I say Table Soccer I dont mean Foosball, more a Subbuteo type game (or sport, depending on how seriously you take it!) :wink:...

wazoo1875
12-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Is it BMI . The one that says fly direct from Easter Road to the Big Apple:dunno:

joejoefaemexico
12-08-2008, 10:18 PM
im pretty sure Peffer Paint have a sponsorship at easter road

Phone willie mcewan at mcewan decor. great lad and a great hibby. 0131 652 0000

andrew_dundee
12-08-2008, 10:23 PM
i suppose the fact that none of us can name many of the advertisers suggests that these ads dont work...

OtterHibee
12-08-2008, 11:05 PM
Is it BMI . The one that says fly direct from Easter Road to the Big Apple:dunno:

Continental :agree:

_hucks_
12-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Leith funeral service, but i dunno if they'd get into the whole table football thing...

Hibs On Tour
13-08-2008, 12:40 AM
Reet,

You have a PM

ackeygraham
13-08-2008, 08:15 AM
Scott Copolla - Electrical supplies, also very generous in helping people out.:thumbsup:

Gatecrasher
13-08-2008, 09:33 AM
the chippy on northfield broadway, cant remember the name though

The Harp
13-08-2008, 09:43 AM
the chippy on northfield broadway, cant remember the name though
Yeah, Giovanni's.

Gatecrasher
13-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Yeah, Giovanni's.

thats the one, the guy has juventus posters all over the wall :thumbsup:

Wembley67
13-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Just show's you how interesting the football is at ER when people can reel off the names of the advertisers :greengrin

sambajustice
14-08-2008, 11:58 PM
Just want to say "thanks guys" for all the positive responses. WIll be sure to "explore all the channels" if necessary.

Actually had a couple of positive queries from folk on this board big thanks to them too and hopefully something can come of that.

Cheers again and feel free to turn up and watch or even play at ER in January come tournament time!

Ta,
MB

dublinhfc
15-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Giovannis chippy at northfield broadway in between the scotties and broadfields

sambajustice
13-10-2008, 09:18 AM
Again, just want to say Thanks for all the folk who replied to this thread.

Through the suggestions given we got a couple of positive bits of feedback which have resulted in a bit of sponsorship for us at Easter Road.

HeriotAV were the first to come on board. If anyone knows Rabland from this forum, thats his company.

Secondly, La Favorita, which is owned by Vittoria's owner, Tony Crolla, agreed to sponsor us as well.

Its brilliant news really.

No-one is probably that interested :greengrin but I thought i'd post thanking everyone here who helped and made suggestions.

The tournament is in January at Easter Road in the Forthview Suite in the FF Stand and is open and free for anyone wishing to come along and watch. We'll also have a few demonstration tables where folk can try the game for themselves.

The unfinished, quickly knocked up website can be found at www.edinburghgp.110mb.com

MB62
13-10-2008, 09:52 AM
Well believe it or not i'm organising the British Table Soccer Championships, pretty much the biggest tournament in Britain and we're expecting a fair European contingent over, in the past had players from Italy, Malta, Canada, Belgium, Holland, Austria, Germany, Norway as well as the home nations. Having it at ER will hopefully get some of these foreign guys buying Hibs stuff!! :thumbsup:

Anyway after a few years of using crappy venues like schools sports halls I thought it was time for somewhere a bit classier! Being a Hibby, organising at Easter Road was always going to be first choice. However they are charging a lot more than we're used to paying for venues so pretty much the only way we're going to cover the costs is to get some sort of sponsor. The entrants pay and entry fee which covers some costs but it wont cover everything this year!

I'm organising it on behalf of the Scottish Sports Table Football Association (SSTFA).

We nearly always get a fair bit of media coverage due the novelty factor of this event and with it being a football related event at a football stadium hopefully will also get the publicity. I was even on the 6 o'clock news a few years ago because of this game! THis is something i'm going to try sell to sponsors! Also want people to realise this game still gets played and hopefully attract some new players, thats the main aim really!

Anyway, thanks for the help so far and keep those ideas and names coming in!!!

BTW when I say Table Soccer I dont mean Foosball, more a Subbuteo type game (or sport, depending on how seriously you take it!) :wink:...

A wee look at your Avatar should give folk an idea of what you mean MB2.

Have you started your Monday night games at the Northern Bowling club yet?
I believe everyone is welcome to come along and try their hand at this.
There must be PLENTY guys on this board who used to play Subbuteo as a bairn and who might want to try it again, and maybe even 'play' at Easter Road in January (might even give it a go myself :greengrin)

IanM
13-10-2008, 10:25 AM
New Yorker definately :agree:

don't think they would just now bud- since they have been taken over on lease by Riley's the company has been making cut backs all over the place..

Dan Sarf
13-10-2008, 10:30 AM
There's a Coca Cola poster with their logo changed to green.

sambajustice
06-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Guys,

I hate to "bump" this back up, well I dont really but i'm just wondering if anyone has any further ideas on who now advertises at Easter Road? Any newbies I could try...?

Our tournament last year had about 70 folk from all over Europe and went down a storm. Folk were popping up all over the place with tops and tracksuits from the Club shop, i'd imagine they took a pretty penny on the saturday!

This years tournament is in March, 27th & 28th to be exact and we're probably needing another sponsor to make sure this goes off as planned.

The folk who run the facilities at ER have actually increased the cost of the venue (along with extra VAT) despite the fact they made a lot more money than they thought they were going to take. The only reason they made so much extra cash was down to me btw and what i advised them to provide in terms of food!

Anyhoo, looking for any ideas again of who may be approachable, last year we got onto the BBC Scotland 6.30 news and pretty sure we can manage that again, if not BBC then STV or Sky Sports News. The novelty factor always gets us good interest! Here is the clip from last year, really embarrassing it is but still, good banter, if only we'd thought about trying to get shirt sponsors on our tops... It was done the friday before the tournament when we were setting up, its a shame they couldnt have come over the weekend.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7848499.stm - :faf::faf::faf::faf:

MSK
06-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Guys,

I hate to "bump" this back up, well I dont really but i'm just wondering if anyone has any further ideas on who now advertises at Easter Road? Any newbies I could try...?

Our tournament last year had about 70 folk from all over Europe and went down a storm. Folk were popping up all over the place with tops and tracksuits from the Club shop, i'd imagine they took a pretty penny on the saturday!

This years tournament is in March, 27th & 28th to be exact and we're probably needing another sponsor to make sure this goes off as planned.

The folk who run the facilities at ER have actually increased the cost of the venue (along with extra VAT) despite the fact they made a lot more money than they thought they were going to take. The only reason they made so much extra cash was down to me btw and what i advised them to provide in terms of food!

Anyhoo, looking for any ideas again of who may be approachable, last year we got onto the BBC Scotland 6.30 news and pretty sure we can manage that again, if not BBC then STV or Sky Sports News. The novelty factor always gets us good interest! Here is the clip from last year, really embarrassing it is but still, good banter, if only we'd thought about trying to get shirt sponsors on our tops... It was done the friday before the tournament when we were setting up, its a shame they couldnt have come over the weekend.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7848499.stm - :faf::faf::faf::faf:Why dont you pop down tae the game on Sat & take a bit of time to note down some of the places ..if you aint going down ask a friend to do it ..

Gingertosser
06-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Try the radio station Forth One

sambajustice
06-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Why dont you pop down tae the game on Sat & take a bit of time to note down some of the places ..if you aint going down ask a friend to do it ..

Well the plan is to go down this weekend actually, i've got a free week from football, would probably have one anyway cos of the snow.

Looking for about 18 goals this saturday btw... :wink:

cwilliamson85
06-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Schuh used to but I am sure it has been taken down now and replaced with a New yorker one

It is not expensive but has to be there for a month if I remember rightly.

O'Rourke3
06-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Action Scaffolding. Office may still be in Chesser.

BigKev
06-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Scott Coppolla (Electrical Wholesalers) are normally pretty good at helping out charitable organisation - Pistol 1875 might be able to put a good word in for you :wink:

How much are you looking for btw?

KerPlunk
06-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Action Scaffolding. Office may still be in Chesser.

They have a depot in Gilmerton, no sure if their office is there as well though.

Charlie Irons coaches have an ad at ER I think. Mind you, he only does that as he's got the contract for the team bus - Mr. Irons is a Yamfud in real life. :agree:

Maybe a sh*te suggestion Samba, but you thought of contacting Soccer AM ? Your tourney sounds as though it's right up their street for a Sat. morning slot.

sambajustice
06-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Scott Coppolla (Electrical Wholesalers) are normally pretty good at helping out charitable organisation - Pistol 1875 might be able to put a good word in for you :wink:

How much are you looking for btw?

£200-£300 really, last year our sponsor HeriotAV gave us £400. Completely out the blue but it really came in handy and was really appreciated.

So £200-300 would see us just grand really. I suppose it depends on the company and what they want exactly as there's a lot that can be done.

Maybe a sh*te suggestion Samba, but you thought of contacting Soccer AM ? Your tourney sounds as though it's right up their street for a Sat. morning slot.

On the contrary, a great idea, its just a case of being able to get in touch with the right people. I have contact for Sky but not Soccer AM unfortunately!

hibeeleicester
06-01-2010, 04:03 PM
How about Mcewan Fraser? :confused:

gilliecabbage
06-01-2010, 04:11 PM
They have a depot in Gilmerton, no sure if their office is there as well though.

Charlie Irons coaches have an ad at ER I think. Mind you, he only does that as he's got the contract for the team bus - Mr. Irons is a Yamfud in real life. :agree:

charlies got 2 boards at easter road! and sponsors a youth team or ladies.hes had them for a few year now.

gilliecabbage
06-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Phone willie mcewan at mcewan decor. great lad and a great hibby. 0131 652 0000

mcewan decor folded a few weeks ago.

Hibs On Tour
06-01-2010, 04:37 PM
mcewan decor folded a few weeks ago.

Really? Nowt on their website?

gilliecabbage
06-01-2010, 04:46 PM
yeah my mates wife works for him.she got taken on from peffer paints or one of his other businesses

KerPlunk
06-01-2010, 05:59 PM
charlies got 2 boards at easter road! and sponsors a youth team or ladies.hes had them for a few year now.

Aye, Charlie's lassie plays for Hibs ladies, much to his Yam chagrin !!!! :thumbsup:

sambajustice
06-01-2010, 09:44 PM
By the way, thanks for all your idea so far!

Always get great help from .netters, its appreciated!

Hopefully we'll get something sorted out. If anyone has any other ideas though dont be shy in letting me know!

:hnet:

Danderhall Hibs
06-01-2010, 09:46 PM

:agree: They have - my sister's a friend of the family it was a good few weeks ago now she told me.

Cammy
06-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Buckstone Roofing do a fair bit of advertising round the ground at Easter Road.

craig1875
07-01-2010, 01:56 AM
How much will entry be and will it be open to novices?

copycat
07-01-2010, 08:33 AM
£200-£300 really, last year our sponsor HeriotAV gave us £400. Completely out the blue but it really came in handy and was really appreciated.

So £200-300 would see us just grand really. I suppose it depends on the company and what they want exactly as there's a lot that can be done.

On the contrary, a great idea, its just a case of being able to get in touch with the right people. I have contact for Sky but not Soccer AM unfortunately!

errm, you ever thought about looking through a match programme, think you'll find they are all in their.

MB62
07-01-2010, 09:11 AM
errm, you ever thought about looking through a match programme, think you'll find they are all in their.

As Sambajustice has already mentioned, he plays football most Saturday afternoons, meaning he gets little chance to get along to the games. However, he might just make it along this Saturday and buying a prog might help, as you suggest, but the suggestions and help given by fellow .netters is quite amazing really :thumbsup:

sambajustice
07-01-2010, 10:12 AM
How much will entry be and will it be open to novices?

Yep, its open to everyone as long we know in advance that you are coming. Not sure about an entry fee yet it all depends on expected numbers and also any sponsorship that might cover some of the entry fee.

Whatever it is, it wont be expensive at all. We'll also be giving out some free teams to new players/novices.

Thanks again for all your help and yeah, i do intend to get along to ER on Saturday and will pick up a programme too!