PDA

View Full Version : Colin Nish [again]

H18sry
02-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Is it just me or does Colin Nish look like a fish out of water around a football pitch :confused:

Ok he put in a great cross for our 1st goal in 4 months but he was blowin out his @rse after 20 min's, [mibees he should gie up the fag's] he look's devoid of ideas and bottles it on one on ones with the goalkeeper, cannot [or will not] chase down loose balls and falls over when a opposing player gets within 5 yards,

Mixu admit you made a mistake and get rid :agree:

cyber8
02-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Is it just me or does Colin Nish look like a fish out of water around a football pitch :confused:

Ok he put in a great cross for our 1st goal in 4 months but he was blowin out his @rse after 20 min's, [mibees he should gie up the fag's] he look's devoid of ideas and bottles it on one on ones with the goalkeeper, cannot [or will not] chase down loose balls and falls over when a opposing player gets within 5 yards,

I agree.

I thought he would be a good signing for Hibs.:bitchy:

But he is not up to the task

he must be one of the eight to go:bye:

Scooter
02-08-2008, 07:25 PM

you must have been watching a different game from me cause i wsa impressed with Nish today, his work and link up play was good

Albanian Hibs
02-08-2008, 07:32 PM
you must have been watching a different game from me cause i wsa impressed with Nish today, his work and link up play was good

Agreed :agree: I thought it was one of his better games today.

Jaz
02-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Bizarre!!

Makes you wonder if you were at the same game as some people!?!?!

I thought Nish put in a very good performance today. Won lots of headers and managed to find his teammates with most passes and flicks.

Unlucky not to score on a few ocassions.

Hibby70
02-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Nish was causing the Boro defence a lot of problems esp. in the second half. He did seem to be struggling for a 10 minute spell but remember he's a big lad and I thought he did a lot of running today.

One of our top performers today. He also knows where the goals are - god remember some of the big target men we've had in the past, I'm happy to have him at ER for one.

hibee_girl
02-08-2008, 07:39 PM

Me too :agree:

For once he wasn't always on his backside or offside :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
02-08-2008, 07:48 PM
I thought he played quite well today. Worked hard, some good headers and link up play. It's just a pity he has no pace but unless Benji gets fit/gets the finger out, he's our best option alongside Fletcher.

H18sry
02-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Nish was causing the Boro defence a lot of problems esp. in the second half. He did seem to be struggling for a 10 minute spell but remember he's a big lad and I thought he did a lot of running today.

One of our top performers today. He also knows where the goals are - god remember some of the big target men we've had in the past, I'm happy to have him at ER for one.

Great cant wait for a premiership club to make a bid then :brickwall

whiskyhibby
02-08-2008, 07:51 PM
He's like a giraffe on roller skates trying to play football on an ice pitch

How the f''k he gets a game before benji I have no idea:grr:

Way out of his depth:dunno:

IberianHibernian
02-08-2008, 07:58 PM
One of these players who looks so clumsy and slow that you wonder how any team would sign him let alone an SPL one but his goalscoring record at Killie was good . In first game against Elfsborg when he came on it looked like he hadn`t kicked a ball for about a year but today he was better . A year ago I would have been totally against his signing as I much prefer quality players like Zemmama or Benji but sadly times have changed and this is what we`ve got and have to put up with till things change at the top .

Smartie
02-08-2008, 08:04 PM
I agree with all the posters on this site. He was both brilliant and atrocious today, changing wildly from one to the other without any warning.
I think he's just typical of the type of player we're going to get within our budget - definitely some assets to work with whilst being miles away from the finished article.

I was speaking to a Dunfermline fan about him the other day, and he didn't have a lot of good things to say about him. They would send him on loan, he'd score bucketloads, then come back and be pish again. Then he went to Killie and scored bucketloads. And now he's with us.

I have to say I quite like him. Although he has the potential to rival even Benji in the utterly mindblowingly frustratingly inconsistent stakes.

Argylehibby
02-08-2008, 08:05 PM
[QUOTE=H18sry;1696713]Is it just me or does Colin Nish look like a fish out of water around a football pitch :confused:

QUOTE]

Its just you.

Bet Nish wishes Kerr was staying. Why do we need someone to abuse regardless of how they perform? Nish played well today, won headers, blocked clearences, came close to scoring a couple of times and set up the opener but still, he's on the list, so he gets the treatment. :brickwall

H18sry
02-08-2008, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE=H18sry;1696713]Is it just me or does Colin Nish look like a fish out of water around a football pitch :confused:

QUOTE]

Its just you.

Bet Nish wishes Kerr was staying. Why do we need someone to abuse regardless of how they perform? Nish played well today, won headers, blocked clearences, came close to scoring a couple of times and set up the opener but still, he's on the list, so he gets the treatment. :brickwall

What list? :confused:

Oh aye the list of players for sale that will never play for Hibs again:brickwall

Raymond
02-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Is it just me

FFS R, Get a Grip!

monktonharp
02-08-2008, 08:11 PM
I agree with all the posters on this site. He was both brilliant and atrocious today, changing wildly from one to the other without any warning.
I think he's just typical of the type of player we're going to get within our budget - definitely some assets to work with whilst being miles away from the finished article.

I was speaking to a Dunfermline fan about him the other day, and he didn't have a lot of good things to say about him. They would send him on loan, he'd score bucketloads, then come back and be pish again. Then he went to Killie and scored bucketloads. And now he's with us.

I have to say I quite like him. Although he has the potential to rival even Benji in the utterly mindblowingly frustratingly inconsistent stakes.:agree:I was totally aghast at his miss when one on one,and quite amazed that his deft flick on another occasion,scraped agonisingly past the post:dizzy:

cjward2
02-08-2008, 08:15 PM
It amazes me that in this day and age a professional fitba player who needs to be at peak fitness still smokes. Wonder if he's under pressure from the coaching staff t quit:confused:

Argylehibby
02-08-2008, 08:16 PM
The list of players that no matter what they do they get pelters. Nish was one of the better players in a Hibs strip today but he is still one of the 1st to get criticised. 3 goals came from our left back position, 2 were howlers from the keeper yet Nish is the fish out of water?

ronaldo7
02-08-2008, 08:16 PM

Try and get a DVD of the game and watch it again.

northgreen24
02-08-2008, 08:19 PM

I have to agree i know most others on the board dont i think he is rubbish.

he is ok with the head (apart form the sitter he missed today but one on one is dreadfull, he had a couple of chances today and put them in row z of the stand, I feel he is slow and often is jsut looking for the foul.

we need another striker as seems deno is now the playmaker midfielder (he played superb for the fist 55 min today)

cleanyman
02-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Mixu has stated that Kerr is DEFINATLEY not on the list by the way.
And i always said Nish was too slow, cut out the fags!

northgreen24
02-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Mixu has stated that Kerr is DEFINATLEY not on the list by the way.

Good

H18sry
02-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Try and get a DVD of the game and watch it again.

No need have watched him 4 times so far this season and he is no better than a 1st division player, he is a HUDDY :agree:

HibstillIdie
02-08-2008, 08:29 PM
thought the abuse nish was getting from the east was out of order today. thought he actually played quite well and stayed onside for a change and got himself about. what get me though is the hands on the hips ALL THE TIME. makes him look lazy and not interseted. did any one hear/see someone in the east giving Nish it tight and a think Nish's reply was F off ya pr*ck. quite right

ronaldo7
02-08-2008, 08:32 PM
No need have watched him 4 times so far this season and he is no better than a 1st division player, he is a HUDDY :agree:

Opinions eh!!!

You will be cheering when he's scored 15 this season if free from injury.:wink:

H18sry
02-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Opinions eh!!!

Cheer every Hibs player when they score :agree:

But never boo any player when they are humpty :wink:

ronaldo7
02-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Cheer every Hibs player when they score :agree:

But never boo any player when they are humpty :wink:

A huddy might be a bit strong though:agree:

Golden Bear
02-08-2008, 08:48 PM

I'll go with that as well. Nish was a good player with Killie and there's no reason why he should suddenly be a bad player with us.

H18sry
02-08-2008, 08:55 PM
I'll go with that as well. Nish was a good player with Killie and there's no reason why he should suddenly be a bad player with us.

Ask the Killie fans what they thought, they bit our hands off in January when we came calling:agree:

Golden Bear
02-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Ask the Killie fans what they thought, they bit our hands off in January when we came calling:agree:

Jim Jefferies was not a happy bunny and I only know 2 Killie fans but I can assure you they both rated Nish as a goalscorer.

matty_f
02-08-2008, 09:08 PM
FWIW I thought Nish was one of our best players today, put in a very good shift and looked dangerous on occassion.

H18sry
02-08-2008, 09:12 PM
FWIW I thought Nish was one of our best players today, put in a very good shift and looked dangerous on occassion.

FWIW I think your avatar says it all :greengrin

Nish was trying yes very trying :wink:

matty_f
02-08-2008, 09:13 PM
FWIW I think your avatar says it all :greengrin

Nish was trying yes very trying :wink:

:thumbsup:It's been said before - correctly!!!

whiskyhibby
02-08-2008, 10:48 PM
He's like a giraffe on roller skates trying to play football on an ice pitch

How the f''k he gets a game before benji I have no idea:grr:

Way out of his depth:dunno:

Sir David Gray
02-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Colin Nish will never progress to another level, an SPL player is all he will be. However I think he is a good SPL player. He had a good record at Kilmarnock and you cannot lose that touch in the space of a few months.

I reckon that if we play him for a full season, he will get us at least 10 goals and will set up countless more.

Jonnyboy
02-08-2008, 10:58 PM
I must be honest and say that every time I watch big Colin play I start humming Elvis Costello's song "I can't stand up for falling down"

He's on the deck far too often although he wasn't so guilty of that today. Still think he'll do a job for Hibs though :wink:

RickyS
02-08-2008, 11:50 PM
I thought Big Nish worked hard today (by strikers standards) I can see why he widnae be everybodys cup of tea. But I think injury free he is worth 15 goals. how much is that worth?

HibeeBigFly
03-08-2008, 04:38 AM
Love this thread.

NOT HIBS CLASS!!!

GET KONTE BACK

ADMIN (marinelloi)I WANT MY HAT BAT BACK :wink:

HibeeBigFly
03-08-2008, 04:39 AM
HAT NOT BAT:brickwall

ANDY McGEECHAN
03-08-2008, 06:17 AM

Aye its just you :agree::agree::agree:

H18sry
03-08-2008, 06:29 AM
Aye its just you :agree::agree::agree:

Obviously not if you read the post on the thread :wink:

hiberactive
03-08-2008, 09:29 AM

Thought nish put in a really good shift yesterday.ok,he is one paced but he links up well,never gives defenders any peace and will always pop up with a goal-a lot of so called fans should try to encourage the guy.

Dashing Bob S
03-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Nish is limited, but will be reasonably effective in the SPL. He's an honest player who puts in a decent shift.

borstalboy
03-08-2008, 11:34 AM
.....cant believe people are giving him pass marks!!

he got caught offside in the first half a few times, anytime a defender came near him he was down on the deck, he cant jump to save himself, noticeably more in the first half when he moaned everytime there centre halfs won a header against him, also he went through several times and his finishing was shocking!! Breathing out his a*se for most of the game! :brickwall

....but we'll see what happens this season.........i might be proved wrong but i very much doubt it!

sKipper
03-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Nish is limited, but will be reasonably effective in the SPL. He's an honest player who puts in a decent shift.

Thats why we are in decline. Too many, < cough > honest players who put in a shift.

flash
03-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Thats why we are in decline. Too many, < cough > honest players who put in a shift.

No. We have been struggling recently because we have too many players who DON'T put in a decent shift.

ancient hibee
03-08-2008, 12:54 PM
He'll do all right because SPL defenders are so poor and unathletic.

Tyler Durden
03-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Nish played well yesterday and the abuse (which seems to be increasingly common these days) is completely unmerited. Also thought it was superb that he responded with a "***** off you prick" to some moron sitting a few rows down from me in the terracing.

If we can get Benji back playing and select 2 of Fletch, Nish & Benji I dont see any teams outwith the OF with better strikers. Especially Hearts, who are choosing from Jamie Mole & Gary Glen.

H18sry
03-08-2008, 02:03 PM
.....cant believe people are giving him pass marks!!

he got caught offside in the first half a few times, anytime a defender came near him he was down on the deck, he cant jump to save himself, noticeably more in the first half when he moaned everytime there centre halfs won a header against him, also he went through several times and his finishing was shocking!! Breathing out his a*se for most of the game! :brickwall

....but we'll see what happens this season.........i might be proved wrong but i very much doubt it!

:top marks

H18sry
05-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Thought Colin was oustanding tonight :duck:

sammy7
05-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Everytime he moves he is offside

H18sry
05-08-2008, 09:51 PM

That's just his lard @rse :wink:

Perspective
06-08-2008, 12:41 AM

When he was at Kilmarnock it used to really annoy me that his constant offsides would disrupt the flow of the game.

Surely someone on the coaching staff can teach him the basics of the rule?

The one tonight when he was offside about a yard inside the opposition half summed it up for me. It appears there is no situation where he can't attract a linesman's flag.

Edinburgh Green
06-08-2008, 11:47 AM
When he was at Kilmarnock it used to really annoy me that his constant offsides would disrupt the flow of the game.

Surely someone on the coaching staff can teach him the basics of the rule?

The one tonight when he was offside about a yard inside the opposition half summed it up for me. It appears there is no situation where he can't attract a linesman's flag.

That time he was never in a million years offside, I was looking directly along the line, there was a few shocking desicions made by that linesman last night. Nish's 'offside goal' also looked onside from where I was sitting.

ronaldo7
16-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Opinions eh!!!

2 up and 13 to go

Well done BIG Nishy and you even laid on the third one

GGTTH

greenteam
16-08-2008, 05:38 PM
fickle really comes to mind sometimes..:greengrin
but one good game doesnt make up for all his bad ones.
I was really disapointed with him, i hope he proves me wrong and does this every week. (if he gets the nod).

Hibernian Verse
16-08-2008, 05:42 PM
fickle really comes to mind sometimes..:greengrin
but one good game doesnt make up for all his bad ones.
I was really disapointed with him, i hope he proves me wrong and does this every week. (if he gets the nod).

Had something to prove today with Pinau coming in.

Barney McGrew
16-08-2008, 05:44 PM

And proved it pretty well IMO :wink:

That was his best game in a Hibs shirt, some great link up play as well as the two goals.

greenteam
16-08-2008, 05:44 PM

I wish you never said that.
Now I think he wasnt even trying and picking up money for being crap......Joking:greengrin

Jamie
16-08-2008, 05:53 PM

aye na bother scores 2 and set's up the 3rd , he's shi.t right enough :brickwall:grr:

joe_hfc
16-08-2008, 05:56 PM
aye na bother scores 2 and set's up the 3rd , he's shi.t right enough :brickwall:grr:

One game doesn't mean anything. If he continues to play to that standard and prove he's quality, then i'll be delighted - but untill then, i wouldn't miss him if he left tomorrow

Badge
16-08-2008, 05:59 PM

Any thoughts after today's game?
Think you are totally out of ordrer.
He will never be the best striker in the world but he will get 12 - 15 goals for us this season.

ronaldo7
16-08-2008, 06:03 PM

2 Goals to the Big Huddy.

Keep them coming Colin:thumbsup:

Jamie
16-08-2008, 06:05 PM
One game doesn't mean anything. If he continues to play to that standard and prove he's quality, then i'll be delighted - but untill then, i wouldn't miss him if he left tomorrow

Your correct but I think he will score next week v ICT :duck:

joe_hfc
16-08-2008, 06:06 PM

hope so!

Dashing Bob S
16-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Always said Nish was world class.

Zemmama19
16-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Man of the Match performance from Nishy today 2 goals and an assist :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Robinho08
16-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Cant fault the big fella the day.:wink:

cleanyman
16-08-2008, 07:50 PM
I apologise Nish! You were outstanding today.

Sir David Gray
16-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Colin Nish will never progress to another level, an SPL player is all he will be. However I think he is a good SPL player. He had a good record at Kilmarnock and you cannot lose that touch in the space of a few months.

I reckon that if we play him for a full season, he will get us at least 10 goals and will set up countless more.

Just another 8 to go! :wink:

If Nish plays like that every week, we will be looking at more than 10 goals.

steviehfc
16-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Big Nish will never be the best striker in the world,but i reckon he is good for at least 15 goals this season.

wee hay
16-08-2008, 09:13 PM
I thought Nish was the second best player on the park behind o brien linked up well with fletch :wink:

Silky
16-08-2008, 09:24 PM

Ah but it does to Hibs fans!! I read a lot of the threads here after the Killie game and we were sh*t, going down, canny score, canny defend, new signings are crap etc!!!

So if they can be judged on one crap game, then why not a good one???

joe_hfc
16-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Ah but it does to Hibs fans!! I read a lot of the threads here after the Killie game and we were sh*t, going down, canny score, canny defend, new signings are crap etc!!!

So if they can be judged on one crap game, then why not a good one???

Nish wasn't judged purely on one bad game, it was after a series of awful performances. I personally wouldn't judge a player one on bad performance anyway, just as i wouldn't judge them on one good performance.

Silky
16-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Nish wasn't judged purely on one bad game, it was after a series of awful performances. I personally wouldn't judge a player one on bad performance anyway, just as i wouldn't judge them on one good performance.

Fair enough mate. I also feel that in the period in question there were so many other poor performers as well. Big Colin will score goals for Hibs. He played well today, and managed to bag a couple and I hope it continues. Having said that he can play keech every week, as long as he does what he's paid for and puts the ball in the net.

ronaldo7
23-08-2008, 04:17 PM

3 Goals for the Big Huddy in two games. Only 12 goals to go now Colin:thumbsup:

The only Hibs player to score up in Inverness ya big Huddy:cool2:

Green Man
23-08-2008, 04:22 PM

Good call Jamie :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2008, 04:37 PM
He's not my faviorite player by a mile, but fair play to him for his reply since his horror show at kilmarnock.:thumbsup:

ronaldo7
23-08-2008, 04:43 PM
He's not my faviorite player by a mile, but fair play to him for his reply since his horror show at kilmarnock.:thumbsup:

Not mine either Blackpool but he deserves his chance to make ammends for the poor showings early in his Hibs career.

As long as he is putting the ball into the net then it's ok with me:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Not mine either Blackpool but he deserves his chance to make ammends for the poor showings early in his Hibs career.

Aye, as long as he keeps scoring he will get no complaints from me.:thumbsup:

Shrekko
23-08-2008, 04:47 PM

He played well his first few games and then tailed off.

People have to accept he will have poor games but overall he'll do well- like he always has done in his SPL career.

Why people have to dish out dogs abuse to relatively new players I just dont know. Nish is a decent player more often than not.

I'm not suggesting people get on Fletcher's back but perhaps they should be as understanding with Nish as they are with Fletch who's been poor for many months now.

H18sry
23-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Still missed 2 sitters today aswell tho:brickwall

ronaldo7
23-08-2008, 05:10 PM

Opinions eh!!!

A huddy might be a bit strong though:agree:

2 up and 13 to go

Well done BIG Nishy and you even laid on the third one

GGTTH

3 Goals for the Big Huddy in two games. Only 12 goals to go now Colin:thumbsup:

The only Hibs player to score up in Inverness ya big Huddy:cool2:

He played well his first few games and then tailed off.

People have to accept he will have poor games but overall he'll do well- like he always has done in his SPL career.

Why people have to dish out dogs abuse to relatively new players I just dont know. Nish is a decent player more often than not.

I'm not suggesting people get on Fletcher's back but perhaps they should be as understanding with Nish as they are with Fletch who's been poor for many months now.

I think on balance, I have been very supportive of Colin and I know he will score goals for us throughout the season. My predicition of 15 may be high for some people, but I think he can get there.

Fletch is having a bit of a bad patch at the moment but he too will come good as the season progresses and will score at least a dozen imo.

GGTTH

ronaldo7
23-08-2008, 05:12 PM

And hit the post I think.

Not at the game so can't really comment but he scored and that's all that we can ask of him.

Did anyone else miss sitters today?

cabbageandribs1875
23-08-2008, 06:36 PM
And hit the post I think.

Not at the game so can't really comment but he scored and that's all that we can ask of him.

Did anyone else miss sitters today?

aye :greengrin that other superhero deano and our 2-3 million rated other huddy fletch :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
23-08-2008, 10:07 PM

Not from where I was sitting. Scored 1, unlucky to hit post with a header.....

NaeTechnoHibby
23-08-2008, 10:39 PM
aye :greengrin that other superhero deano and our 2-3 million rated other huddy fletch :greengrin

:agree: :greengrin

Very unlucky, but still performed well IMO :thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
23-08-2008, 10:42 PM
:agree: :greengrin

Very unlucky, but still performed well IMO :thumbsup:

Thought Nish played well Today and linked up well..... Interesting to note when he had miss in first half, there was shouts of useless lazy bassa and other useful comments, however when Fletcher and Shiels had shocking misses it was unlucky Fletch, unlucky Deano.....:brickwall

NOLA
23-08-2008, 11:17 PM
smoking never hindered zidane/prosineki nor does it seem to bother wee russ! however they were and always will be a step or 2/3/4/5 better than nish but if he keeps scoring who cares!

Argylehibby
23-08-2008, 11:43 PM

He missed 1 good chance today. He also scored one goal, hit the post and set up chances for among others golden child Deano. Deano by the way missed two sitters. He's scored 75% of our competitive goals this season, and set up the other 25%, yet you continue to criticise. :confused:

Albanian Hibs
24-08-2008, 12:13 AM

Loved the opening post :bye:. Well done Colin Nish :agree:

:agree:

:agree: not a sitter at all.

Thought Nish played well Today and linked up well..... Interesting to note when he had miss in first half, there was shouts of useless lazy bassa and other useful comments, however when Fletcher and Shiels had shocking misses it was unlucky Fletch, unlucky Deano.....:brickwall

Exactly. The usual pi$h from the deano fans.

Keep it up Colin Nish :thumbsup:

Albanian Hibs
24-08-2008, 12:14 AM
He missed 1 good chance today. He also scored one goal, hit the post and set up chances for among others golden child Deano. Deano by the way missed two sitters. He's scored 75% of our competitive goals this season, and set up the other 25%, yet you continue to criticise. :confused:

Wish people would start to get behind the players FFS

NOLA
24-08-2008, 12:29 AM
well said mogga's bounce! we are who we are, no world class players but we support the team end of:greengrin

MrRobot
24-08-2008, 10:00 AM
I'm still not sure about Nish, but granted he is scoring just now, so he can have a bit more time :greengrin

Honestly hope he can keep this up as he is a player I'd love to see do well at Hibs.

Winston Ingram
24-08-2008, 10:05 AM
He's been an excellent signing IMO.

I don't really know why some people on here don't like him.:agree:

I'm not sure if it's just because his name is rhyming slang:confused:

Brooster
24-08-2008, 10:27 AM
The Big mans record speaks for itself, he is a great signing for us. His link up play has been brilliant. I wish some folk on here would cut our players a bit of slack and get behind them. Despite all the doom and gloom we have had a decent start to the season and with a bit of luck would be sitting on more than 4 points. We are playing some lovely passing football it has to be said.

KWJ
24-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Must shirley be our top scorer since Mixu returned? By a fair bit from Fletch and Deano I'd have thought as well.

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2008, 10:35 AM
The Big mans record speaks for itself, he is a great signing for us. His link up play has been brilliant. I wish some folk on here would cut our players a bit of slack and get behind them. Despite all the doom and gloom we have had a decent start to the season and with a bit of luck would be sitting on more than 4 points. We are playing some lovely passing football it has to be said.

We unfortunately have an element within the support that have already made up their minds on Nish and AOB, and no matter what these players do they will always be "not good enough" in some people's eyes:brickwall

However Deano and Fletcher are the messiah's who can do nowt wrong.....

Funny old game indeed...:grr:

Tyler Durden
24-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Loved the opening post :bye:. Well done Colin Nish :agree:

:agree: not a sitter at all.

Exactly. The usual pi$h from the deano fans.

Keep it up Colin Nish :thumbsup:

Surely that aint p*sh from Deano fans, it's just the treatment that the majority of our players deserve??? So where it's "unlucky Deano", it should also be "unlucky Nish"? Suppose everyone has their favourites, never understood why Deano seems to polarise opinion.

borstalboy
25-08-2008, 04:32 PM
To be fair to colin nish...fletcher and deano have been just as bad as him!

Okay he is our top goalscorer but he should have won that game for us on saturday, every 5 mins he runs and then straight away the hands are on the hips!

He went clean through on goal and couldnt hit the target....says it all for a striker.

He runs about like a headless chicken, and tries to run into channels which he doesnt have the pace for, he should stick to the middle of the area and try be more effective from there!

And for one, i am not a deano and fletcher lover.....they got just as much abuse on saturday as nish and jones got!!

matty_f
25-08-2008, 04:38 PM

Okay he is our top goalscorer but he should have won that game for us on saturday, every 5 mins he runs and then straight away the hands are on the hips!

He went clean through on goal and couldnt hit the target....says it all for a striker.

He runs about like a headless chicken, and tries to run into channels which he doesnt have the pace for, he should stick to the middle of the area and try be more effective from there!

And for one, i am not a deano and fletcher lover.....they got just as much abuse on saturday as nish and jones got!!

Glad about that. I was beginning to worry that somebody might not have had abuse shouted at them.

hibs0666
25-08-2008, 04:45 PM

Why - are you a yam? :dunno:

Hibbyradge
25-08-2008, 04:52 PM

That's the game. Spur the boys on with a good old dose of abuse!

I'm really surprised that no books have ever been written about the positive effects that can be achieved by abusing people.

:hmmm:

Chapter one - Insult your way to Success

Chapter Two - Name Calling for Encouragement

Chapter Three - Inspirational Tirades

Chapter Four - Building Confidence with Denunciation

Chapter Five - Motivational Maltreatment

That's enough sarcasm - ed.

H18sry
25-08-2008, 04:53 PM

Why - are you a yam? :dunno:

No he's not :brickwall but because he only has 8 post and dares to criticize a player he must be a yam:grr: grow up and cut newbies a bit of slack:yawn:

matty_f
25-08-2008, 04:55 PM
That's the game. Spur the boys on with a good old dose of abuse!

I'm really surprised that no books have ever been written about the positive effects that can be achieved by abusing people.

:hmmm:

Chapter one - Insult your way to Success

Chapter Two - Name Calling for Encouragement

Chapter Three - Inspirational Tirades

Chapter Four - Building Confidence with Denunciation

Chapter Five - Motivational Maltreatment

That's enough sarcasm - ed.

:faf: :faf:

Hibbyradge
25-08-2008, 04:57 PM
No he's not :brickwall but because he only has 8 post and dares to criticize a player he must be a yam:grr: grow up and cut newbies a bit of slack:yawn:

He's not getting grief because he's new.

It's because he has admitted abusing 4 Hibs players.

hibs0666
25-08-2008, 05:21 PM

He openly admits to abusing at least 4 Hibs players on Saturday. Some Hibs supporter that. :brickwall

H18sry
25-08-2008, 07:09 PM
He openly admits to abusing at least 4 Hibs players on Saturday. Some Hibs supporter that. :brickwall

Well he did support the other 9 :greengrin

I donot think there is one fan on this forum who has never abused a Hibs player at some time in there life :brickwall

Oh mibees one:wink:

basehibby
25-08-2008, 07:35 PM

Nish is a bit of an enigma - sometimes during a game I'd agree with you - he can be a bit gangly and awkward and has not been a stranger to dollying shots into the keepers arms when bursting the net seemed simpler.
But then there's games like last week's when he was the deserved MOM IMO (even if AOB and others ran him close). When he's on his game his link up and approach play can be subtle and imaginative and he's capable of some quite sublime strikes - there's a lot more to his game than being the big target man that many of us anticipated.
So on the whole I disagree with you about him being a candidate for the exit - as a matter of fact I'm inclined to believe that the best is yet to come from big Nishy.

marinello59
25-08-2008, 07:45 PM
You know what, I like Nish a lot as a player. Yes he does look akward and he certainly hasn't been blessed with pace. (Which is were the misplaced 'lazy' accusations come from I suppose.) But he knows how to score goals in the SPL and will do a decent job for us. Hold on, three goals in two games..he IS doing a decent job for us.

hibs0666
25-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Well he did support the other 9 :greengrin

I donot think there is one fan on this forum who has never abused a Hibs player at some time in there life :brickwall

Oh mibees one:wink:

What is the point in travelling all the way to Inverness only to hurl abuse at half the team? :confused:

H18sry
25-08-2008, 08:20 PM
What is the point in travelling all the way to Inverness only to hurl abuse at half the team? :confused:

:dunno:where you got your maths degree but 4 players out of the 14 used is no where near half :wink:

hibs0666
25-08-2008, 08:27 PM
:dunno:where you got your maths degree but 4 players out of the 14 used is no where near half :wink:

You stick to the arithmetic, I'll stick to supporting the players and team. :wink:

H18sry
25-08-2008, 08:37 PM
You stick to the arithmetic, I'll stick to supporting the players and team. :wink:

Where have I said that I abuse the players:confused:

Check out the posts Einstien:bye:

borstalboy
25-08-2008, 08:37 PM

People spend there hard earned money to go to games like inverness to support the team, and then certain individuals dont look like they are committed enough and dont look interested half the time, thats why they get abuse...not because im a "yam".

Where you in inverness?.....if you were, you would notice that the strikers need to do better! The highlights dont show the misses and at certain times poor play in the first half!

hibs0666
25-08-2008, 08:40 PM
People spend there hard earned money to go to games like inverness to support the team, and then certain individuals dont look like they are committed enough and dont look interested half the time, thats why they get abuse...not because im a "yam".

Where you in inverness?.....if you were, you would notice that the strikers need to do better! The highlights dont show the misses and at certain times poor play in the first half!

I was there, and at no time did I feel the need to hurl abuse at my own team. It might just catch on.

H18sry
25-08-2008, 08:43 PM
I was there, and at no time did I feel the need to hurl abuse at my own team. It might just catch on.

So you are the only fan who has never hurled abuse at any players at any time during a match :yawn:

borstalboy
25-08-2008, 08:50 PM

maybe hurl abuse might be a strong way to put it but i put my opinion across in a way i felt necessary.

i want hibs to do well and feel they should be better, so i air my frustrations(like a lot of fans there on saturday) in a different way from you!

hiberactive
25-08-2008, 08:57 PM
You know what, I like Nish a lot as a player. Yes he does look akward and he certainly hasn't been blessed with pace. (Which is were the misplaced 'lazy' accusations come from I suppose.) But he knows how to score goals in the SPL and will do a decent job for us. Hold on, three goals in two games..he IS doing a decent job for us.
Spot on.:agree:

hibs0666
25-08-2008, 09:18 PM
So you are the only fan who has never hurled abuse at any players at any time during a match :yawn:

I don't know. :confused:

H18sry
26-08-2008, 10:27 PM

Well do you feel the same way now:grr:or did you just give it the old ra ra ra and clap your hands and shout well played boys, you all played blinders, after all its only the CIS cup:brickwall

H18sry
30-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Is it just me or does Colin Nish look like a fish out of water around a football pitch :confused: he was blowin out his @rse after 20 min's, [mibees he should gie up the fag's] he look's devoid of ideas and bottles it on one on ones with the goalkeeper, cannot [or will not] chase down loose balls and falls over when a opposing player gets within 5 yards,

Well I stick by the above statement:brickwall

mikethehibee69
30-08-2008, 10:06 PM
:bitchy:drugs are bad

AFKA5814_Hibs
30-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Colin Nish today gave me one of the the biggest laughs I've had at a football game.

God bless the guy, he's a Hibby, he's my daughters favourite player (she's only 7) and he tries his best, but that moment when he tried to control the ball at the far post, fell over the ball, failed to keep it in play and fell onto his arse had me in stitches.

It probably shouldn't have done, but it had me laughing for ages afterwards. :dunno:

GlesgaeHibby
30-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Colin Nish today gave me one of the the biggest laughs I've had at a football game.

God bless the guy, he's a Hibby, he's my daughters favourite player (she's only 7) and he tries his best, but that moment when he tried to control the ball at the far post, fell over the ball, failed to keep it in play and fell onto his arse had me in stitches.

It probably shouldn't have done, but it had me laughing for ages afterwards. :dunno:

One of the few moments of entertainment today. The sheer hilarity aside though, his footballing skills are frankly embarassing

AFKA5814_Hibs
30-08-2008, 10:32 PM
One of the few moments of entertainment today. The sheer hilarity aside though, his footballing skills are frankly embarassing

The thing is some of his goals he has scored can show a degree of composure. The 1st goal against Falkirk the other week there and the one he scored against Motherwell at ER last season spring to mind, but moments like that today are akin to what you'd expect to see on a school playground.

Golden Bear
31-08-2008, 07:48 AM

:greengrin :agree:

After that virtuoso performance I think we should nickname him "Bambi" !

Brizo
31-08-2008, 08:13 AM
IIRC Nish cost approximately100k. IMHO folk need to take a bit of a reality check when analysing him because 100k wouldnt get an English First Division strikers big toe. The reason we could afford him was because of his limitations. He can be a frustratingly clumsy Colin but he will also score goals. Pound for pound I believe we'll get a far better return from him goals wise than the OF will get from some of their million pound forward signings.

Expecting Rain
31-08-2008, 08:27 AM
IIRC Nish cost approximately100k. IMHO folk need to take a bit of a reality check when analysing him because 100k wouldnt get an English First Division strikers big toe. The reason we could afford him was because of his limitations. He can be a frustratingly clumsy Colin but he will also score goals. Pound for pound I believe we'll get a far better return from him goals wise than the OF will get from some of their million pound forward signings.

In a nutshell!:agree:

whiskyhibby
31-08-2008, 10:21 AM
He was honking yesterday, , as I have said before looked like a giraffe on roller skates!!!

Why he was not hooked for Pinau at half time I have no idea :grr:

ancient hibee
31-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Didn't play well today but I hadn't noticed,are any other of our front players scoring in the league.

biffo1875
31-08-2008, 01:53 PM
:brickwall agree 100%iout side the box he is terrible no pace shocking first touch and does not seem to read the game at all.:grr:inside box he may get his fair share of goals but personally i dont think he is good enough for us.
He was honking yesterday, , as I have said before looked like a giraffe on roller skates!!!

Why he was not hooked for Pinau at half time I have no idea :grr:

EskbankHibby
31-08-2008, 07:52 PM

The mans an enigma, thought he was excellent against Falkirk, first half in particular and not just the goals that day, link up play also good.

Yesterday he was torture, the falling over incident aside just watch him on the highlights when Motherwell score, rooted to the spot watching sutton finish, staring at him like a man who isnt sure if his contact lenses are in.

Jekyll and Hyde man, more Falkirk and less Motherwell please Colin.

Bostonhibby
31-08-2008, 08:32 PM

:agree: FFS :brickwall Nish will prove over a season to be exceptional value for the £100k we have paid for him. Interesting to compare the total cost with some of our other signings. We run the risk of slating the guy over his weaknesses but what does that say for the rest of them ? at this moment in Time Nish has scored 75% of our total league goals on his own. I am a fan of Deano generally and hope Fletch will come good again but in terms of value and contribution at the moment, why focus on Nish? He ain't cost us any goals, and he doesn't seem to avoid getting in the mix even if sometimes he is less than Roque Santa Cruz in his efforts.

Riordans Boots
31-08-2008, 09:19 PM
We have a new goldfish - called Nish :wink:

Got the squad photo blue tact to the back of his tank :wink:

H18sry
31-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Well nearly 2 years later and the same questions still need to be asked, :wtf: does he bring to us :confused:

Hibby 2005
31-03-2010, 10:03 PM
It's not his fault he was picked tonight, that belongs to Yogi.
Utd must have looked at Hibs team sheet before kick-off and laughed their ***** off.

tooley
31-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Well nearly 2 years later and the same questions still need to be asked, :wtf: does he bring to us :confused:

:thumbsup::top marks

Booked4Being-Ugly
31-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Well nearly 2 years later and the same questions still need to be asked, :wtf: does he bring to us :confused:The guy is absolute horse *****. Whilst we're debating if there's a fitba player in there somewhere teams like Dundee UTD are getting on with signing decent, hard-working fitba players year on year!

Liam89
31-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Wow, at one point in 2008 Nish had scored 75% of our league goals?!?! why did we sell Fletcher for 3M we could of thrown Nish in and got at least 9M.

Saorsa
01-04-2010, 01:15 AM
Well nearly 2 years later and the same questions still need to be asked, :wtf: does he bring to us :confused:no a lot, in fact no even that.

Baldy Foghorn
01-04-2010, 07:55 AM
Hit post, unlucky that he took heavy touch when rounding the keeper, but nobody burst a gut to offer him any support.....:grr:

Again easy target to blame Nish, when others in team offer far less..... Some folk will never like him no matter what he does....

Mili Tant
01-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Hit post, unlucky that he took heavy touch when rounding the keeper, but nobody burst a gut to offer him any support.....:grr:

Again easy target to blame Nish, when others in team offer far less..... Some folk will never like him no matter what he does....

I'll like him when he says "That's it I've had enough, I'm oot ay here"

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2010, 10:28 AM
He's just not very good. Thats it. If we want to get better, players like him need to play their football elsewhere.

borstalboy
01-04-2010, 12:11 PM

We are not saying its all his fault, all we are doing is stating the obvious, he doesnt have a first touch, he cant jump, he cant head a ball, always has his hands on his knees after a run(if you can call it that), cant finish, always caught offside, cant challenge with a defender and just moans to the ref constantly!!

Last night summed it up, he rounded the keeper, took his normal touch (like a baby elephant) then had time to look up, pick a pass or shoot, instead he kept his head down and played a soft ball across the goal and they cleared with ease.

If you cant see that then you have blinkers on! IMO

If you look at John Daly, thats what you want in a striker, thats exactly the type of player we need to play alongside Stokes!!!