PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Masters

Sir David Gray
26-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Watched most of Andy Murray's match against Novak Djokovic this morning (the match finished about 1:45am and I couldn't keep my eyes open until the very end) and I thought he played extremely well. It may not have been Djokovic's greatest ever match but it was a massive win for Murray who had a 0-4 head-to-head record against Djokovic before yesterday.

He now faces Rafael Nadal in the semi finals tonight less than 4 weeks after being thrashed by him at Wimbledon. Murray also has a 0-4 head-to-head record against Nadal going into this match so perhaps his win last night will be an omen.

Should Murray win he will face the winner of the match between Nicolas Kiefer and Gilles Simon in the final.

All the best tonight, Andy! :thumbsup:

harvey
27-07-2008, 01:13 AM
Great result for him against Djokovic. Missed that match but I'm watching the Nadal one now.

Big step forward for Murray by beating Djokovic. It will take an awful lot more for him to beat Nadal though.

DaveF
27-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Murray oot, but not disgraced.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7527374.stm

Sir David Gray
28-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Andy Murray played really well the other night, he simply came up against a magnificent player in Rafael Nadal who has the potential to achieve even more than Roger Federer.

Murray can take some heart from how he played, especially in the first set, but Nadal was just too good. He is without doubt a future top five, possibly even top three player.

Well done Nadal on his victory yesterday against Nicolas Kiefer. He has now won an incredible 7 out of the last 8 tournaments that he has played in and he has also won 29 consecutive matches on clay, grass and hard court.

On to Cincinnati now where Nadal can finally be number one in the world after 3 years of being number two, if he wins the tournament and Roger Federer fails to make the semi finals.