View Full Version : Olympics

Gatecrasher
25-07-2008, 11:30 PM
they start in about 2 weeks,

do you think it will be a sucess.

Jack
26-07-2008, 10:14 AM
I hope not.

Over the years I’ve become more and more disillusioned by this sporting farce.

China made promises about many things (pollution, human rights etc. etc.) so they could win holding the games. This hasn’t happened and has become worse.

The Olympic Committee, who could have held China to account, has done nothing. The thought of brown envelopes shuffling around the place springs to mind.

The athletes cheat. There's a huge industry supplying them with all sorts of drugs and the amount of research undertaken by these scientific cheats to find new drugs or ways that old drugs can avoid being detected is only surpassed by the Olympic Committees refusal to bring in new tests to uncover them. So the Olympic Committee is really saying it OK to cheat.

Bloody sham the whole thing.

Gatecrasher
26-07-2008, 11:00 AM
I hope not.

China made promises about many things (pollution, human rights etc. etc.) so they could win holding the games. This hasn’t happened and has become worse.

The Olympic Committee, who could have held China to account, has done nothing. The thought of brown envelopes shuffling around the place springs to mind.

The athletes cheat. There's a huge industry supplying them with all sorts of drugs and the amount of research undertaken by these scientific cheats to find new drugs or ways that old drugs can avoid being detected is only surpassed by the Olympic Committees refusal to bring in new tests to uncover them. So the Olympic Committee is really saying it OK to cheat.

well said, IMO they shouldnt hold any international sporting event. did you see the SMOG :jamboak:

:agree:

robinp
26-07-2008, 07:49 PM
I hope not.

The new version of the EPO drug which is seemingly in fashion this year WILL be in wide spread use, will it be found, I doubt it.
Hey it's only a cycling problem isn;t it. Despite having the most advanced and most drug tested athletes in the world and finding 4 or 5 a year makes it corrupt from top to bottom....or so the press like to say. Olympic athletes are saints. :bitchy:

--------
05-08-2008, 12:02 PM
The new version of the EPO drug which is seemingly in fashion this year WILL be in wide spread use, will it be found, I doubt it.
Hey it's only a cycling problem isn;t it. Despite having the most advanced and most drug tested athletes in the world and finding 4 or 5 a year makes it corrupt from top to bottom....or so the press like to say. Olympic athletes are saints. :bitchy:

Cycling, boxing, athletics, swimming, gymnastics, weightlifting....

The whole concept of the Olympics stinks.

But it WILL be a success - too many people have a vested interest in making it so.