PDA

View Full Version : World matchplay darts

Cod Boy
20-07-2008, 08:11 PM
who does everyone think will win the matchplay darts in blackpool im going for james wade

Pheona
21-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Think you may be right, but then you can't discount Phud Taylor and Barney.

DaveF
22-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Barney had a shocker last night and only just scraped through 11-9.

He had real trouble with the doubles and will have to play a hell of a lot better to get any further.

Pheona
22-07-2008, 12:28 PM
He has been playing a bit iffy all year.

Good to see Lewis get knocked out by that mcdine felly. :agree:

Hibbie_Cameron
23-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Mardle v Van Gerwen has been great so far

DaveF
27-07-2008, 09:18 AM
What a tournament that was.

Taylor was simply immense in the final and destroyed Wade.

I tuned in the BDO tournament on Setanta later on that evening and the 'comparison' to the Matchplay was, er, well, there was no comparision!

About 110 people in the crowd and player averages of between 80 and 94 (tops).

Taylor \ Wade et al, are consitently hitting 100+ averages just to be competitive.

What's the deal with the BDO nowadays? It really looks like it's dying on it's feet.

Randerson_4
27-07-2008, 11:18 AM
[QUOTE=Spamheid;1685906]What a tournament that was.

Taylor was simply immense in the final and destroyed Wade.

/QUOTE]

I watched almost every match and totally agree with you. Great tournament, would have been amazing to be there, the atmosphere looked electric.

Phil Taylor won and I cant say im surprised. Quite simply the best darts player that ever lived, his shot at the bull to win the tournament was the best i think ive ever seen. One of the worlds greatest, most consistant and most likeable sportsmen ever. :thumbsup:

Sid Waddell was quality aswell, some of his comments had me in stiches

Danderhall Hibs
30-07-2008, 08:35 AM
I watched almost every match and totally agree with you. Great tournament, would have been amazing to be there, the atmosphere looked electric.

Phil Taylor won and I cant say im surprised. Quite simply the best darts player that ever lived, his shot at the bull to win the tournament was the best i think ive ever seen. One of the worlds greatest, most consistant and most likeable sportsmen ever. :thumbsup:

Sid Waddell was quality aswell, some of his comments had me in stiches

The difference in standard between the PDC and the BDO is incredible.

Taylor is unbelievable but I've got to disagree with you - I cringe everytime he takes the mike from the presenter - does anyone remember his special mention for Kym Marsh after the World Final a few years back? Cringeworthy. :agree:

And don't get me started on Waddell - can't stand the guy. He spouts utter drivel and gives you no darts information/knowledge. Can you imagine Andy Gray talking mince like that during Man Utd v Arsenal? He'd be out on his @rse.

FraserHFC
30-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Taylor was immence, and is definately back to his best

was anyone else there?