PDA

View Full Version : An Open Letter to the Members of Hibs.net

Phil D. Rolls
13-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Surs,

I used to be a fan of Edinburgh's big team, until their sad demise over the last couple of seasons (shurely 50 years - ed). So ah've decided - with heavy heart that I'd be as well followin you wee pricks (nae offence likes).

What is the reason for this about face? Well, I'll make it simple. I used to think that you were just a wee team with wee ambitions. You used to say that your lack of bottle was due to "financial prudence" or "realistic expectations" or some other lame excuse that you'd expect methadone users who have no ambition and haven't worked in their lives to have.

I used to cringe at the disrespectful way you treated your betters, such as your esteemed owner Sir Tom Farmer. Calling him Tom Farmer or even Tom, was out of order in my humble forelock tugging opinion, and frankly showed your total lack of breeding and class. Try that sort of disrespect in an West Edinburgh bowling club and you'd know all about it.

Thankfully, many of the posts on this board show that this is becoming a thing of the past and that you really have learned your place. Us Jambos (as were) always knew we were sc*m and had the decency to treat our masters with respect.

Then there was your insistence on "playing football". FFS what was that all about, 11 men, one ball a set of goals, that's all there is to it. Hardly rocket science is it?

Again, posts on this board show a promising tendency to get back to basics, "it's not how you win that counts it the winning". Your team is now taking the sort of approach to the game that I approve of. That's got to be a good thing?

Finally, on the subject of ambition, for too long, you let having a "flair team" blind you to the fact that you weren't challenging for the top trophies (like the Tennents Sixes for example). Now you have a mediocre side it's good to see that your ambitions have changed.

Another box on my clipboard ticked.

To me the most indicative indication of this lack of respect ambition and class was the lack of open letters in the press and fans message boards. Thankfully, as I read through todays posts I can see that this is another area you have improved in immensly.

If you've not thought about it yet, it's time to start putting pressure on the board who - although you respect their business acumen/position in society/ability to steer a nuclear submarine (delete as appropriate) - you really feel (with the greatest respect) would be better to hand over to someone who knows what they are doing or risk being respectully murdered by the g8 group of uber fans (non-nazi).

In short, if you keep up the good work, set your sights higher, and most of all forget about piddly things like tax, planning permission, referees, and of course balance sheets, I think you'll find that many more of us disillusioned Yams (joke) will find themselves at home here.

Together we are stronger!!!!

yours

Callum McWullie
Dickheads Bar and Bingo
Dalry Road
(In the Heart of) Edinburgh

pp Lord Foulkes
Gary McYam
Leslie Deans
and anyone else who'll listen

brog
13-07-2008, 09:51 AM
Surs,

I used to be a fan of Edinburgh's big team, until their sad demise over the last couple of seasons (shurely 50 years - ed). So ah've decided - with heavy heart that I'd be as well followin you wee pricks (nae offence likes).

What is the reason for this about face? Well, I'll make it simple. I used to think that you were just a wee team with wee ambitions. You used to say that your lack of bottle was due to "financial prudence" or "realistic expectations" or some other lame excuse that you'd expect methadone users who have no ambition and haven't worked in their lives to have.

I used to cringe at the disrespectful way you treated your betters, such as your esteemed owner Sir Tom Farmer. Calling him Tom Farmer or even Tom, was out of order in my humble forelock tugging opinion, and frankly showed your total lack of breeding and class. Try that sort of disrespect in an West Edinburgh bowling club and you'd know all about it.

Thankfully, many of the posts on this board show that this is becoming a thing of the past and that you really have learned your place. Us Jambos (as were) always knew we were sc*m and had the decency to treat our masters with respect.

Then there was your insistence on "playing football". FFS what was that all about, 11 men, one ball a set of goals, that's all there is to it. Hardly rocket science is it?

Again, posts on this board show a promising tendency to get back to basics, "it's not how you win that counts it the winning". Your team is now taking the sort of approach to the game that I approve of. That's got to be a good thing?

Finally, on the subject of ambition, for too long, you let having a "flair team" blind you to the fact that you weren't challenging for the top trophies (like the Tennents Sixes for example). Now you have a mediocre side it's good to see that your ambitions have changed.

Another box on my clipboard ticked.

To me the most indicative indication of this lack of respect ambition and class was the lack of open letters in the press and fans message boards. Thankfully, as I read through todays posts I can see that this is another area you have improved in immensly.

If you've not thought about it yet, it's time to start putting pressure on the board who - although you respect their business acumen/position in society/ability to steer a nuclear submarine (delete as appropriate) - you really feel (with the greatest respect) would be better to hand over to someone who knows what they are doing or risk being respectully murdered by the g8 group of uber fans (non-nazi).

In short, if you keep up the good work, set your sights higher, and most of all forget about piddly things like tax, planning permission, referees, and of course balance sheets, I think you'll find that many more of us disillusioned Yams (joke) will find themselves at home here.

Together we are stronger!!!!

yours

Callum McWullie
Dickheads Bar and Bingo
Dalry Road
(In the Heart of) Edinburgh

pp Lord Foulkes
Gary McYam
Leslie Deans
and anyone else who'll listen

:thumbsup: Thanks for cheering me up!!

lapsedhibee
13-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Callum, you're very welcome here. You'll know from your years as a joke (yam) to watch out for all the rodentine disease.

Phil D. Rolls
13-07-2008, 09:58 AM
:thumbsup: Thanks for cheering me up!!

Ah'm serious son, youse Hobos seem to think life is about entertainment. Let me tell you, that to have success, it's a long Calvinistic slog, with no brightness and black black nights.

Never been to my pub?

mim
13-07-2008, 09:59 AM
:wink::hnet::wink:

There is certainly some sad reading on the forums just now.

Like everyone else, I am uneasy about the possibility of going into the new season with the current squad, but I don't believe this is going to happen.

As supporters, we certainly need a boost, in terms of some new signings, but the time for concern is not now. In a month's time, if nothing has developed by then, we should all be worried about next season.

GreenandGlaikit
13-07-2008, 10:02 AM
:hnet: We also need some Finnish furry-hats tae boot. :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
13-07-2008, 10:03 AM
:wink::hnet::wink:

There is certainly some sad reading on the forums just now.

Like everyone else, I am uneasy about the possibility of going into the new season with the current squad, but I don't believe this is going to happen.

As supporters, we certainly need a boost, in terms of some new signings, but the time for concern is not now. In a month's time, if nothing has developed by then, we should all be worried about next season.

Filled Rolls writes -

It's not looking good just now, we are building the stand, and that is going to take cash. On the football side, it is very frustrating to see us going backwards. In a Yam like way, I just hope that this is a longer term plan that will allow the club to go on, and - hopefully - continuing to be a force in Scottish Football.

(I kent it, yer jist a bunch o' hobo, pikey, caravan dwelling, dole scrounging, alky, methadone whores. Ah'm done wi youse pricks - where's ma Spartans helmet?

Jim44
13-07-2008, 10:08 AM
(I kent it, yer jist a bunch o' hobo, pikey, caravan dwelling, dole scrounging, alky, methadone whores. Ah'm done wi youse pricks - where's ma Spartans helmet?

....watch you don't step on a carelessly discarded syringe- needle on the way out then. :greengrin:bye:

Phil D. Rolls
13-07-2008, 10:23 AM
....watch you don't step on a carelessly discarded syringe- needle on the way out then. :greengrin:bye:

Next time yer in Dalry, ah'll need ma pals to hold me back or ah'll rip ye, ya gyppo! (By the way Bingo starts at 7:30 tonight).

Jeez it's hot wi this Russian hat on ma crotch! ****, it's no a hat at aw it's Wullies heid! Jings crivens and help ma reputation!

dalryhibby
13-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Next time yer in Dalry, ah'll need ma pals to hold me back or ah'll rip ye, ya gyppo! (By the way Bingo starts at 7:30 tonight).

Jeez it's hot wi this Russian hat on ma crotch! ****, it's no a hat at aw it's Wullies heid! Jings crivens and help ma reputation!
Watch what yer sayin baldy,or the west edinburgh bowling club hibbys will no patronise that rathole o a pub ye own. MAYBE ye cood get a couple o doormats so we cood wipe oor feet ON THE WAY OOT.:bye:

dalryhibby
13-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Then again,that ritchie guy would make a good doormat eh? callum.:jamboak:

surreyhibbie
13-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Naw, sorry, yer still a yam fud

GTF

:greengrin

GordonR
14-07-2008, 08:46 AM

Wee Airdrie Jambo could be on the door too, to check IDs and deal with the underagers.

reservoir hibee
14-07-2008, 11:52 AM

filled rolls we really need you to get back on the case here mate that was another immense read and if im being honest it is very much missed

ya radge!!!!!

get your creative hat back on i expect to see more of this banter

dalryhibby
14-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Whoops forget the ritchie comment, he was banged up at the weekend,for stickin fags up his erse, the jambo ***t, have a nice day now xx:thumbsup:

jabis
14-07-2008, 07:16 PM
treeemendous.............that one will be in the key of "A major pisstake"

hope to see you and your "smashing" shirt in the harbour soon !

private jokes aside........with ER crumbling around the visiting fans "Copyright KB"...and the hoohaa at appointing (IN THEIR WORDS) a "number 2" as manager,i'm keeching my breeks :faf:

Phil D. Rolls
15-07-2008, 10:17 AM

Publicity seeking fud, that's aw he is. :agree:

dalryhibby
15-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Publicity seeking fud, that's aw he is. :agree:
Ha Ha, you got that right,:thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
24-02-2010, 02:02 PM
No bad for a Yam, eh?:greengrin

edit: cringe - sorry, I didn't mean this to end up back on the main forum. Please ingnore it until an admin can put it back to sleep where it belongs.

Hibby D
24-02-2010, 02:49 PM
No bad for a Yam, eh?:greengrin

edit: cringe - sorry, I didn't mean this to end up back on the main forum. Please ingnore it until an admin can put it back to sleep where it belongs.

FR you should let this remain here - I think others should get to enjoy it too (along with the other one we dug up) :top marks

.Sean.
24-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Wee Airdrie Jambo could be on the door too, to check IDs and deal with the underagers.
Give the job to Wee Airdrie Jambo now if the job requires ties to the club. Dinnae want Graham Rix getting whiff of the opening and then applying to deal with the underagers :devil: