PDA

View Full Version : live high speed action from Cardiff

Toaods
28-06-2008, 07:30 PM
on Sky Sports 1 now...the Speedway Grand Prix from the Millenium Stadium.

great action so far with just one spill but some high powered collisions when flat out(remeber 500CC and no brakes..!!!) , near misses and very close finishes.

The track is very quick and breaking up a bit(it's specially built for the event) so there will be some big incidents or controversy guaranteed with the remaining races.

If your enjoying your close season and have never watched it before tune in.

For the petrol heads amongst us- F1's Mark Webber is in the studio to watch the very consistent Aussies in there and he stated that Robert Kubica is a big fan too........with Tomasz Gollob his main man.

nb...I'm on Bjarne Pedersen(Denmark) at 14/1.

Baldy Foghorn
28-06-2008, 07:38 PM
on Sky Sports 1 now...the Speedway Grand Prix from the Millenium Stadium.

great action so far with just one spill but some high powered collisions when flat out(remeber 500CC and no brakes..!!!) , near misses and very close finishes.

The track is very quick and breaking up a bit(it's specially built for the event) so there will be some big incidents or controversy guaranteed with the remaining races.

If your enjoying your close season and have never watched it before tune in.

For the petrol heads amongst us- F1's Mark Webber is in the studio to watch the very consistent Aussies in there and he stated that Robert Kubica is a big fan too........with Tomasz Gollob his main man.

Hibs connection?:confused:

Toaods
28-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Hibs connection?:confused:

aye- there's a load of Hibbys who follow the Edinburgh Monarchs season too and they are away down for the annual pilgrimage.

A lot of members from .net also thinking of going to see Edinburgh this season ss they have a good team.

That aside some of the non-member regulars on here might want to broaden their viewing horizons.

Baldy Foghorn
28-06-2008, 07:51 PM
aye- there's a load of Hibbys who follow the Edinburgh Monarchs season too and they are away down for the annual pilgrimage.

A lot of members from .net also thinking of going to see Edinburgh this season ss they have a good team.

That aside some of the non-member regulars on here might want to broaden their viewing horizons.

Pleased for them, least one of their teams will do well....

son of haggart
28-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Reider Eide

Used to love the name when I was a kid

Toaods
28-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Reider Eide

Used to love the name when I was a kid

then you may enjoy reading this...

http://www.edinburghspeedway.com/legends/article.asp?id=9

Danderhall Hibs
28-06-2008, 08:02 PM
How good was that heat (14 or 15 I think) with Nicholls and Harris overtaking Pedersen? Brilliant stuff.

Toaods
28-06-2008, 08:07 PM
How good was that heat (14 or 15 I think) with Nicholls and Harris overtaking Pedersen? Brilliant stuff.

top action - you thinking of going next year DH??

Danderhall Hibs
28-06-2008, 08:14 PM
top action - you thinking of going next year DH??

Never really go anymore - just watch it on TV now. It's not the same though.

You ever been down for it?

BTW that ref is murder!

Toaods
28-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Never really go anymore - just watch it on TV now. It's not the same though.

You ever been down for it?

BTW that ref is murder!

I go but never done Cardiff - usually away somewhere else at that time I'm told the atmosphere is electric with the roof always closed.

Tony Rizzo told me the other week they are going to get some of the old crew together for a beano next year.

Danderhall Hibs
28-06-2008, 08:31 PM
I go but never done Cardiff - usually away somewhere else at that time I'm told the atmosphere is electric with the roof always closed.

Tony Rizzo told me the other week they are going to get some of the old crew together for a beano next year.

I've heard the atmosphere is brilliant as well. I thought it was a sell-out but see there are a few empty seats tonight.

Tony Rizzo! Me and my old man drove him and his bikes to Berwick once or twice years ago. That was back in the days of Roger Lambert.

Toaods
28-06-2008, 08:45 PM
That was back in the days of Roger Lambert.

..I always remember all the girls saying that his mechanic was a right looker...:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
28-06-2008, 09:04 PM

Your 14/1 was looking good until about 2 minutes ago.

I think it's Charlie Richmond up in the referee box.

Danderhall Hibs
28-06-2008, 09:56 PM
Nicholls bottled it but Crump was brilliant. :agree: I hope he goes on to win the title this year.