PDA

View Full Version : Alex Arthur and Amir Khan to share a bill?

LustForLeith
24-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Big roumours that Alex Arthur and Amir Khan will be sharing the buill on September 6th. No confirmation yet of venue or opponents, but Barrera could be an opponent for Arthur!

LustForLeith
26-06-2008, 12:07 PM
Big roumours that Alex Arthur and Amir Khan will be sharing the buill on September 6th. No confirmation yet of venue or opponents, but Barrera could be an opponent for Arthur!

MEN in Manchseter venue apparently. Barrera might not be Arthurs opponent though

Danderhall Hibs
26-06-2008, 12:23 PM
My guess is it'll be the easiest opponent available for Arthur.

He lost his bottle after the Gomez doing IMO. He's never been the same since, he's not fought anyone good since that night.

A wasted talent.

LustForLeith
28-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Good authoirty it's Nicky Cook he'll be figting:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
28-06-2008, 09:41 PM

Any good? :dunno:

joe_hfc
28-06-2008, 11:51 PM
barrera won't fight arthur, barrera would kill arthur. I'm just hoping somebody beats Khan.

Jonnyboy
29-06-2008, 10:07 PM
I shared a bill with Dougray Scott once ...

In a taxi in Athens before the AEK game :greengrin

Hank Schrader
29-06-2008, 11:28 PM
Any good? :dunno:

Half decent fighter to be honest. Could be a tough one for Arthur:agree:

Hank Schrader
29-06-2008, 11:30 PM
barrera won't fight arthur, barrera would kill arthur. I'm just hoping somebody beats Khan.

I saw Khan had called out Manny Pacquiao before his fight with Gomez last week. Considering his struggle to tame Gomez and Pacquiao's spectacular knockout against Diaz yesterday I wouldn't be making such ambitious claims if I were him.

Pacquaio would batter Khan :agree:

joe_hfc
29-06-2008, 11:53 PM
I saw Khan had called out Manny Pacquiao before his fight with Gomez last week. Considering his struggle to tame Gomez and Pacquiao's spectacular knockout against Diaz yesterday I wouldn't be making such ambitious claims if I were him.

at least Kahns stepping up his game from boxing part time butchers from east london and the like. It's about time Kahn gets KO'd to be honest.

Hank Schrader
30-06-2008, 11:09 PM
at least Kahns stepping up his game from boxing part time butchers from east london and the like. It's about time Kahn gets KO'd to be honest.

Khans lack of quality opposition has a lot to do with Frank Warren protecting his investment, he did the same with Hatton, until he got fed up and changed promotors.

Pretty Boy
30-06-2008, 11:50 PM
Khans lack of quality opposition has a lot to do with Frank Warren protecting his investment, he did the same with Hatton, until he got fed up and changed promotors.

It's warrens style, he keeps promising the big fight is just around the corner but it never truly comes. Hatton has improved tenfold since changing promoter, has fought decent fighters and beat most of them, mayweather being the exception, even then he didn't disgrace himself. It's about time Arthur tried the same and show everyone he deserves that world title belt he holds.

As for Khan, he's fast and has great hands, however his fundemental mistakes would lead to him getting a real beating of a good fighter in is prime. You only have to look at the trouble both Limond and Gomez gave him, two fighters well past their best.

Ed De Gramo
01-07-2008, 10:50 PM
I shared a bill with Dougray Scott once ...

In a taxi in Athens before the AEK game :greengrin

:grr:

I was gonna do a similar gag....

ach...ya ruined it now :greengrin

notorious
07-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Arthur's fight confirmed!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7473011.stm

Haven't seen Cook box to my recollection heard he's decent though. Big test for Alex.

Toaods
07-07-2008, 11:48 PM
testing the water here, but anyone interested in a venture down to the MEN for it?

notorious
07-07-2008, 11:50 PM
testing the water here, but anyone interested in a venture down to the MEN for it?

I'd def consider it mate, but I'm just back from holiday on the Thurs before and no danger I'll be able to afford it! :boo hoo:

Toaods
07-07-2008, 11:58 PM
Scotland are away that weekend so no games on....could maybe organise a bus to go down and back after the game...........I have my contacts.......:wink:

LustForLeith
08-07-2008, 07:39 AM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

If only I could have put a bet on who he would have been fighting!

Should be good. Think Cook is trained by Kevin Mitchells dad, word on the street is that Mitchell and Arthur would be a good fight.

anon1
10-07-2008, 09:12 PM

No doubt about it, they are worlds apart..

I dont know why, but for a British fighter.. I don't feel obliged to get behind Khan. His previous fights I've been delighted to see him get knocked around a bit.. It has absolutely nothing to do with race, I just don't like him. Comes across as a real cocky twit...

Ivan Drago
10-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Scotland are away that weekend so no games on....could maybe organise a bus to go down and back after the game...........I have my contacts.......:wink:

I would definately be up for this mate :agree:

Sloop
14-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Has anyone been to an event at the MEN before ? There are tickets priced at £30 and £50 in lower tier and £40 in upper tier. Anyone any ideas which might offer the best view ? It's not always the most expensive (which I think are £200 !)

Cheers

Ivan Drago
14-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Has anyone been to an event at the MEN before ? There are tickets priced at £30 and £50 in lower tier and £40 in upper tier. Anyone any ideas which might offer the best view ? It's not always the most expensive (which I think are £200 !)

Cheers

Are you going is there a group going? can I come? :greengrin

Sloop
19-07-2008, 12:22 AM
Got the tickets. Booked a hotel. Working on the travel arrangements.

Are you going is there a group going? can I come? :greengrin

RH, although I am sure I would enjoy your company, I really don't think you want to tag along with a couple of 50 year-old stoats and a flask of Horlicks :greengrin

Ivan Drago
19-07-2008, 09:54 AM
Got the tickets. Booked a hotel. Working on the travel arrangements.

RH, although I am sure I would enjoy your company, I really don't think you want to tag along with a couple of 50 year-old stoats and a flask of Horlicks :greengrin

Noted :greengrin

LustForLeith
15-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Apprently the fight is on Sky Pay Per View... Khan, Arthur, Audley Harrison, Tyson Fury...intersting line up so far!