PDA

View Full Version : NHL Draft

GhostofBolivar
22-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Anyway. Since drafting Luke Schenn is one of the 4 - maybe 5 - good things to happen to the Maple Leafs this year (the others being: Anton Stralman; the Mark Bell hit on Daniel Alfredsson; the Senators being swept by the Penguins; and maybe Ron Wilson) I think it deserves a thread all of it's own.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/feature/index?page=nhldraft2008

It's just nice to have a genuine, bona fide great prospect in the system for once. At least until we trade him for Patrick Marleau...

CalgaryHibs
01-07-2008, 01:56 AM
Rumours keep saying that Darcy Tucker will sign with theFlames. His name popped up once or twice before.

Sundin,Tucker, Raycroft had there contract bought oot which makes them free agents.

Toronto are going with the youth movement and they will be brutal to watch next season.:thumbsup:

But watch Montreal next season if they sign Sundin it could stanley cup time, they got Tanguay which will help there number one powerplay.

Free agent market starts July 1.

GhostofBolivar
01-07-2008, 05:17 AM
Rumours keep saying that Darcy Tucker will sign with theFlames. His name popped up once or twice before.

Sundin,Tucker, Raycroft had there contract bought oot which makes them free agents.

Toronto are going with the youth movement and they will be brutal to watch next season.:thumbsup:

But watch Montreal next season if they sign Sundin it could stanley cup time, they got Tanguay which will help there number one powerplay.

Free agent market starts July 1.

Sundin's contract expired. Wasn't a buy out.

Tucker's been brutal for a couple of years now. He could be good if he goes back to his roots, but I don't see it happening. He can't win fights any more, can't defend and he can't score 5-on-5. On top of that, he doesn't seem to realise he isn't any good anymore. Beware.

Raycroft can go play with electricity for all I care.

The Leafs were brutal last year and the year before. Another won't hurt. Another high draft pick and plenty of cap space would be nice.

Now to get rid of Bryan McCabe...

Higgy115
01-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Oilers to shock a few this year ????? Or still too young ?????