PDA

View Full Version : NHC Tiger Woods out for season!

IWasThere2016
18-06-2008, 05:35 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/7458357.stm

Very open Open this year! :thumbsup:

NYHibby
18-06-2008, 05:51 PM
He needs to make sure he gets this taken care of. A lot of good careers have been derailed by bad backs, knees, etc...

Golden Bear
18-06-2008, 06:02 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/7458357.stm

Very open Open this year! :thumbsup:

Under the circumstances Tiger's achievement in winning the US Open was truly remarkable and it sure put's Andy Murray's latest injury into perspective!

Hibbie_Cameron
18-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Will certainly shut Reteif Goosen up who said Woods was faking/exaggerating his pain over the weekend

Hank Schrader
18-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Will certainly shut Reteif Goosen up who said Woods was faking/exaggerating his pain over the weekend

Was just about to mention the same thing!!

I notice Goosen said that Woods only winced in pain after a bad shot. Its funny how I seen Woods grimace a few times after splitting the fairway.:dunno:

Goosen should have kept his thoughts to himself, unless, of course he has been misquoted.

LustForLeith
19-06-2008, 07:43 AM
Goes to show Woods is a legend. With only one working knee he managed to finsihs ahead of everyone else in the US Open!:greengrin

greenlex
19-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Will Hibs be offering Tiger rehabilitation facilities with a view to us geting first dibs on his signature when he's fit? We could make a bob or two out of that I think. :agree:

sg7nil
20-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Dinnae wish the guy any ills, in fact I wish him a speedy recovery..

Which brings me to my point.. this is Ryder Cup year, do any other folk out there think that team USA may in a strange way, actually be stronger WITHOUT Tiger?

I think his record is not as good as a player of his abilities should be, and I think he's maybe not as much of a team player as he could be (half their problems in th past have been in finding someone to pair him with) so adding another "younger/hungrier" player into their team who has something to prove may actually strengthen them.

IMHO the guy has an ego (and he deserves to have it) but he should leave it behind when he plays in a team competition.