PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather retired

joe_hfc
10-06-2008, 11:17 PM
couldn't see this anywhere else, but he retired a few days ago. Made the money and proved he's the best. an absolute legend. aw well there goes his supposed rematch with Hatton..

Gatecrasher
10-06-2008, 11:25 PM
couldn't see this anywhere else, but he retired a few days ago. Made the money and proved he's the best. an absolute legend. aw well there goes his supposed rematch with Hatton..

i dont think him and hatton would have fought again anyway.

especially after hattons homecoming fight and him being touted to fight Malignaggi, he even rejected oscar dela hoya for a fight as well

Swoosh
11-06-2008, 07:18 AM
He will be back.
There is always one more fight!

All it takes is for someone to rub him up the right way and he will jump back in the ring. All boxers do!

joe_hfc
11-06-2008, 05:20 PM
He will be back.
There is always one more fight!

All it takes is for someone to rub him up the right way and he will jump back in the ring. All boxers do!

he has nobody else to beat to prove himself, hes practically untouchable. one of the greatest (and probably richest) boxers of all time. i mean, who else can say they have KO'd the bigshow :greengrin

Pretty Boy
11-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Not overly bothered by this to be honest. Technically superb but so boring to watch. Mastered the art of defensive boxing and stuck to his style and was obviously richly rewarded for it.

Would have loved to have seen him fight Oscar de la Hoya a few years before he did when De La Hoya was in his prime, would have been a fight to remeber.

Mayweather- Great technical boxer but for entertainment he's no Jones Jr, Hatton, Trinidad etc etc. And unlike his claims to the contrary is nowhere near as influential for the sport as Ali.

Toaods
11-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Not overly bothered by this to be honest. Technically superb but so boring to watch. Mastered the art of defensive boxing and stuck to his style and was obviously richly rewarded for it.

Would have loved to have seen him fight Oscar de la Hoya a few years before he did when De La Hoya was in his prime, would have been a fight to remeber.

Mayweather- Great technical boxer but for entertainment he's no Jones Jr, Hatton, Trinidad etc etc. And unlike his claims to the contrary is nowhere near as influential for the sport as Ali.

:agree:......I still see him sitting around as Hatton builds his profile back up, then we'll get the Hatton Mayweather rematch in Manchester. No way can Hatton live with him wherever they fight but I'd got to that classic nights entertainment myself. Ooh I feel a bus from edinburgh coming on...:greengrin

Hank Schrader
12-06-2008, 02:54 AM
He'll be back:wink:

A few folk are saying he is ducking the one real big test still left out there for him, Miguel Cotto, and trust me, this guy would be a bigger threat than Hatton ever was. A true Welterweight and not a blown up one like Hatton. I can see him coming out of retirement to have one last fight.

I would still fancy Mayweather to beat him and then retire again:greengrin

anon1
13-06-2008, 12:56 AM
Spot on Puzzle,, though I'm not sure about backing PBF to beat Cotto!

Would love to see Cotto mess up his 'pretty' face!!............

Hank Schrader
14-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Spot on Puzzle,, though I'm not sure about backing PBF to beat Cotto!

Would love to see Cotto mess up his 'pretty' face!!............

So would I!!

I can just see PBF playing a cute fight against Cotto, his defence is the most technically sound in Boxing. I just think Cotto would have a hard job trying to nail him down.

Who knows though :wink: