PDA

View Full Version : David Coulthard

LancsHibs
08-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Well done David 3rd place in Canadian GP driving the Red Bull, excellant achievement:thumbsup: Done Scotland proud

Toaods
08-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Well done David 3rd place in Canadian GP driving the Red Bull, excellant achievement:thumbsup: Done Scotland proud

perhaps Scotland should be thanking Lewis Hamilton, The Williams race team for theit bluff radio call about the safety car and a pathetic surface.

David will be back to his rightful position in amongst the far off stragglers next time out.

shagpile
08-06-2008, 09:10 PM
perhaps Scotland should be thanking Lewis Hamilton, The Williams race team for theit bluff radio call about the safety car and a pathetic surface.

David will be back to his rightful position in amongst the far off stragglers next time out.

They should be thanking Hamilton....... for his pathetic driving. Its the sort of mistake you would expect to see at a club meeting.:bitchy:

The Williams team had the same result from Rosberg, he too missed the red light & ruined his own race.

The pathetic surface was {as god said pre race} & i quote "the same for every driver":dizzy:

So yes, well done DC. You kept an average car free from trouble & got you & your team a podium finish.:agree::wink:

Toaods
08-06-2008, 09:48 PM
They should be thanking Hamilton....... for his pathetic driving. Its the sort of mistake you would expect to see at a club meeting.:bitchy:

The Williams team had the same result from Rosberg, he too missed the red light & ruined his own race.

The pathetic surface was {as god said pre race} & i quote "the same for every driver":dizzy:

So yes, well done DC. You kept an average car free from trouble & got you & your team a podium finish.:agree::wink:

the fact that Hamilton removed Raikonnen from the race and the incident caused virtually the same effect with Rosberg, so yes he should thank Hamilton.

Lap 53: Hmmm well Fisichella's Force India spins out just after Turn Four, which is a bit of an inconvenient place to stop to say the least. No sign of the safety car yet...........at this point Williams sent a radio message that the safety car would be coming out but Rosberg continued to make up ground having lost position through his earlier errors, James allen pointed out immediately it was likely a ploy to listening ears with the intention of misleading them into either coming into the pits or slowing down further. These broadcastable radio messages are delayed slightly and it seems fairly media-friendly yet not taken seriously by the drivers. Did you not notice Heidfeld ignoring his manual board instructions on the pit lane......another sneaky effort.

The surface/pitch was the same for everyone is a joke of a saying.......Motherwell have had a great season at home playing on concrete. Try tellling the front runners at Montreal they had the same difficulty as the mince at the back.

Gatecrasher
08-06-2008, 10:09 PM

iv not seen the hamilton accident but coulthard does really well for the car he is in over the last few years and IMO he has been deserving a chance with one of the big teams

Toaods
09-06-2008, 10:17 PM
iv not seen the hamilton accident but coulthard does really well for the car he is in over the last few years and IMO he has been deserving a chance with one of the big teams

He had his chances and he's too cautious now. plenty young guns out there........if someone deserves a chance to ping the front runners it's Vettel or Glock.

LancsHibs
10-06-2008, 03:13 PM

Been there, done that. 13 GP mins,61 podium finishes with Williams & McLaren!

LancsHibs
10-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Oops should have been 13 WINS!:duck:

Toaods
10-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Been there, done that. 13 GP mins,61 podium finishes with Williams & McLaren!

236 races and 0 championships.:duck:

Gatecrasher
11-06-2008, 11:02 AM
i still dont think that should take away how well he has done with red bull.

Scouse Hibee
11-06-2008, 09:10 PM

Coulthard :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

McSwanky
12-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Only the Scottish eh? One of our compatriots does well on the world stage and people are shot down in flames for giving him a pat on the back.

I'd love to see all you numpties that are ripping him do as well as he has.

Bottom line, the guy's done really well over the years. OK, so he hasn't won a championship, but he came a lot closer than any of you lot.

No wonder nobody achieves anything in this country when you've got so many bitter 'knockesr' (oo er :wink:) waiting on the sidelines to have a pop when things don't go to plan.

Jack
12-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Only the Scottish eh? One of our compatriots does well on the world stage and people are shot down in flames for giving him a pat on the back.

Bottom line, the guy's done really well over the years. OK, so he hasn't won a championship, but he came a lot closer than any of you lot.

No wonder nobody achieves anything in this country when you've got so many bitter 'knockesr' (oo er :wink:) waiting on the sidelines to have a pop when things don't go to plan.

Well said Nimrod.

Had a decent run in some decent teams but was never really the number 1 when those teams were dominant so couldn’t really have been expected to do much better than he did.

Now the oldest driver in the paddock the Canadian result shows can still keep a cool head while those around loose theirs.

The fact that he’s still in a reasonable team suggests to me there are a few teams who respect him and his experience and hold him in high enough regard that even if he did leave the Red Bull team there would be other teams after him.

Personally I think he should retire and take a job with the BBC when they take over the GP coverage next season.

…. and the burds he’s had over the years have made following his career a wee bit more interesting than most of the others. :greengrin

Peevemor
12-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Well said Nimrod.

Had a decent run in some decent teams but was never really the number 1 when those teams were dominant so couldn’t really have been expected to do much better than he did.

Now the oldest driver in the paddock the Canadian result shows can still keep a cool head while those around loose theirs.

The fact that he’s still in a reasonable team suggests to me there are a few teams who respect him and his experience and hold him in high enough regard that even if he did leave the Red Bull team there would be other teams after him.

Personally I think he should retire and take a job with the BBC when they take over the GP coverage next season.

…. and the burds he’s had over the years have made following his career a wee bit more interesting than most of the others. :greengrin

Not decrying him at all, but that's always been his only failing.

Barman Stanton
12-06-2008, 11:00 AM

Spot on. there is no nation better than the Scots for knocking anyone that does well. Same happens with Andy Murray. People just seem to wait for our sports stars to fail. Pretty sad really.

robinp
12-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Well said Nimrod.

He'll be going to either Nascar or Indycar not the BBC. With RedBull's US teams I hedge my bets he'll be in a Nascar earning about £5m a season basic like his buddy Dario in the next 18 months. :greengrin

Oh and another point, Coulthard is in the top three drivers in terms of points scored, never to win a world championship. He's a quality driver who's consistent and reliable.

New Corrie
12-06-2008, 01:46 PM
He'll be going to either Nascar or Indycar not the BBC. With RedBull's US teams I hedge my bets he'll be in a Nascar earning about £5m a season basic like his buddy Dario in the next 18 months. :greengrin

Oh and another point, Coulthard is in the top three drivers in terms of points scored, never to win a world championship. He's a quality driver who's consistent and reliable.

No chance he'll be in Nascar. Nascar has learnt it's lesson with Franchitti and the likes. Very difficult to move from open wheeled racing to the gruelling Nascar schedule. Only Montoya (and to be fair he's 10 times the driver that DC is) has looked comfortable moving accross to the Stock Cars. Villeneuve has been binned already. Carpentier and Speed havn't faired any better, and Franchitti is the lowest points scorer in races/raced (in pretty good equipment).

Toaods
12-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Ahhhhh..people wheeling out the usual guff .......'he done better than you'.

Your assuming I'm not Michael Schummaker again aren't you........:bye:

Nobody's saying he's not a quality driver - of course he is, but he was never top drawer at the cutting edge of the prizes.

Too many mistakes when the heat was on (Regardless of any patriotic views).