PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Cup Game 1 Tonight

GhostofBolivar
24-05-2008, 05:46 AM
Penguins in 6. They've got more depth at forward, they're a solid defensive team, have a more talented goaltender and are better on special teams.

And it's in the NHL's interest for Crosby to win a cup :devil:

Sylar
24-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Penguins in 6. They've got more depth at forward, they're a solid defensive team, have a more talented goaltender and are better on special teams.

And it's in the NHL's interest for Crosby to win a cup :devil:

Stuff that! Come on the Red Wings!!! :thumbsup::agree:

Pheona
24-05-2008, 11:59 AM
'Mon the Penguins !!:thumbsup:

Sylar
25-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Bring on game 2 :thumbsup:

Pheona
25-05-2008, 08:45 PM
hmph!

Red Wings did pay well :agree:

Sylar
27-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Easy! Easy! Easy! Easy! :thumbsup:

Higgy115
30-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Both teams are so strong at home, looks like a game 7 shoot out in Detroit. Franzen yet to catch fire since his lay off, hopefully he will do tomorrow night.......

Sylar
31-05-2008, 10:41 PM
Atmosphere in Detroit today is awesome! Large screens set up at various points to be watched - after the disappointment of the Pistons losing the NBA East Conference playoff's to the Celtics, this game is highly anticipated. I personally can't see it going the full hog - Penguins played well last time but they also looked weak defensively. The Redwings offense was poor, but they'll be fired up tonight!

Higgy115
02-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Massive win in Pittsburgh, finish the job tonight hopefully. An early goal or 2 will do the trick......

Sylar
02-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Should be an awesome atmosphere in 'the Joe' tonight - we're leaving in a couple of hours and hopefully will watch them win the cup tonight, and not have it dragging on! Come on Detroit! :thumbsup:

Pheona
02-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Should be an awesome atmosphere in 'the Joe' tonight - we're leaving in a couple of hours and hopefully will watch them win the cup tonight, and not have it dragging on! Come on Detroit! :thumbsup:

Had said I wanted Penguins to win it, but not that fussy really, just got caught up in the young team hype and watching the finals, have to say Red Wings deserve it, they have been much more organised defensively.

So good luck Detroit

PC Stamp
02-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Had said I wanted Penguins to win it, but not that fussy really, just got caught up in the young team hype and watching the finals, have to say Red Wings deserve it, they have been much more organised defensively.

So good luck Detroit

Red Wings are by far the most complete NHL team at present IMHO. They were my favourites to win from the off.

And they emptied the Sharks! :thumbsup:

GhostofBolivar
02-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Red Wings are by far the most complete NHL team at present IMHO. They were my favourites to win from the off.

And they emptied the Sharks! :thumbsup:

No they didn't. That was Dallas.

Been very impressed with how well the Wings have contained Pittsburgh. The Penguin offence has been a non-factor - as much as I love him, there's no way Gary Roberts should be the best forward on that squad.

PC Stamp
02-06-2008, 10:41 PM
No they didn't. That was Dallas.

Been very impressed with how well the Wings have contained Pittsburgh. The Penguin offence has been a non-factor - as much as I love him, there's no way Gary Roberts should be the best forward on that squad.

My mistake. I was getting confused because Calgary would have played Detroit had they beaten the Sharks.

Yup a former Flame who is nearing the end of his career is showing up Messrs Crosby & Malkin it seems.

GhostofBolivar
03-06-2008, 05:25 AM
Triple overtime thriller :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

What a game!

Really thought that all those squandered opportunities at 2-0 would cost the Pens but that was a huge performance by Fleury.

What price a game 7 now?

Sylar
03-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Better team DID NOT win last night :( - great game, but a horrible ending! Some of the penalties being called against us were rediculous! The first 2 pens in overtime for battering into Fleury were a joke! Absolutely no intent to hit him - there wasn't much in the penalty which finally killed us either, but no real arguments with it - I just felt that both players sticks' were elevated.

Momentum to Pittsburgh going back home, but I think we can beat them there - if not, then a straight shoot out in game 7 will bring the cup home, in Detroit.

PC Stamp
03-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Depends on who the effort took the bigger toll on. Having put in that sort of effort to win in Detroit it would be a shame if the Penguins couldn't make the most of it at home on Wednesday. I think however that's what may happen with Detroit taking revenge and the trophy.

Sylar
05-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Cracking game to finish off what has been a cracking series - YES! :thumbsup: