PDA

View Full Version : Speedway - Monarchs hit 60+ again!

rossevenil
23-05-2008, 08:52 PM
A cracking performance at Armadale against Scunthorpe Scorpions saw the Monarchs win 68-22 with maximums for Andrew Tully and Willie Lawson.

Think it was 11 5-1 victories on the night from 15 !

Pheona
23-05-2008, 08:56 PM
A cracking performance at Armadale against Scunthorpe Scorpions saw the Monarchs win 68-22 with maximums for Andrew Tully and Willie Lawson.

The boy Tully was absoloutely flying, great meeting us to return to the sport after a long time away.

70hibby
23-05-2008, 08:58 PM

Thats an excellent result, i used to go to powderhall everyweek from when I was about 5. Unfortunately Ive only been twice to Armadale. They must have lost a lot of support when they moved so far out..... whats the crowds like now.... was sparse last time I was there but that was a while ago now.

I remember the old... 2, 4, 6 8 chant ! :thumbsup:

Toaods
26-05-2008, 10:07 AM
The boy Tully was absoloutely flying, great meeting us to return to the sport after a long time away.

Tully is a bit lanky for the perfect stylist but he has talent way beyong most of the others I've seen over the years coming through for Edinburgh. A couple of years ago he had potentia but was a bit awkward - now he's gain a bit of experience and looks like he could go very far in the sport.
One big thing in his favour is that the other Scottish kid, William Lawson is a bit better so he has an improving target to chase.

This season will be a great time to enjoy watching such talent blossoming before he's gone........:wink: