PDA

View Full Version : Lester throws No-Hitter

duncs
20-05-2008, 06:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=crasnick_jerry&id=3404258

Only the 18th ever Red Sox to do so - what a story! And the 2nd in two seasons - Bucholz threw one last season in his rookie season.

hibsboy90
20-05-2008, 08:31 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=crasnick_jerry&id=3404258

Only the 18th ever Red Sox to do so - what a story! And the 2nd in two seasons - Bucholz threw one last season in his rookie season.
I remember Bucholz last year. just watched all his outs from last night, Ellsbury's diving catch kept him going.

Been a bit of a rocky season for the Red Sox. Good to see another solid win after a bit of a losing streak.

Now only 1 game ahead of Tampa, suprised to see NY so far back. But a long time left in the season.

Sylar
21-05-2008, 01:55 PM
I remember Bucholz last year. just watched all his outs from last night, Ellsbury's diving catch kept him going.

Been a bit of a rocky season for the Red Sox. Good to see another solid win after a bit of a losing streak.

Now only 1 game ahead of Tampa, suprised to see NY so far back. But a long time left in the season.

The Rays are playing some nice ball this season, whereas the RedSox still seem to be relying on their powerhouse hitters again. Ramirez and Ortiz aren't firing on all cylinders yet and the middle of the line up (Pedroia, Ortiz, Youkillis, Drew) are all struggling to get above the .300 mark. The pitching staff in Boston this year have looked convincing, yet strangely, their numbers aren't that great, in comparison to teams like the Rays and even the Royals. Matsuzaka looks a very confident young pitcher, but the likes of Wakefield and Beckett aren't REALLY living up to the pre-season hype!

Boston are now 2nd in the all time "no-hitter" league, sitting 2 behind the Brooklyn/L.A. Dodgers.

I'm not at all suprised that the Yankees are trailing so far back - they failed to make any notable transactions in the off-season and have been forced to cope with the doping scandal in terms of 2 of their bigger players, PLUS, have had A-Rod injured for the last few months. Like the Tigers, they're just not firing.

I watched Justin Verlander throw a no-hitter last year at Commerica and it was absolutely awesome indeed - one by one, he fanned them down - can't remember his no. of K's, but i'm sure he would have been around 16+ by the end of the night!