PDA

View Full Version : alex arthur

OstKurve Hibs
03-05-2008, 07:55 PM
i just phoned up setanta and asked why the alex arthur wasn't on as advertised. Was told it had been cancelled. Any1 know why?

Cheers in advance

Denverhibby
03-05-2008, 07:58 PM
his oppenet was refused a visa.It has been resechuled for sometime in June

HibeeMG
03-05-2008, 07:59 PM
The other boy had visa problems. It's been re-arranged but can't remember for what date (June, I think).

cabbageandribs1875
03-05-2008, 08:03 PM
from the setanta site

Alex Arthur's WBO World Super-Featherweight title clash against Joan Guzman has been postponed because the Dominican Republican has not received his Visa in time.
Edinburgh star Arthur, the interim champion, was scheduled to meet full title-holder Guzman on May 3rd at the Meadowbank Stadium but with Guzman unable to travel, promoter Frank Warren will announce a new date for the super-fight shortly.

:boo hoo:

TheGreenMan
03-05-2008, 08:16 PM
I was looking for this on TV too - checked ITV, SKY and Setanta but couldnt find it - cheers for the news! :thumbsup:

Just have to watch Oscar DLH destroy S.Forbes later on...:agree:

cabbageandribs1875
05-05-2008, 03:16 PM
looks like alex arthur was ready to pull out of this fight with a mystery injury just before guzman's visa "problem" http://blogs.notw.co.uk/notw_scotland_sport/2008/04/arthur-was-set.html#more

Graham Law
09-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Arthur was never gonna make the weight and they did not even sell enough tickets to cover costs ....

see what happens when you are a celtic fan and you have been trying to kid people on that you are a Hibs fan.

Really good boxer and glad he is scottish but dont try to play the Hibs card when yo aint even a hibee alex :agree:

Barman Stanton
15-05-2008, 03:46 PM
He has been given the belt now as Guzman has given it up.

Ah Lawman, Arthur is a Hibee by the way. He just distances himself from it all so Jambos will go to his fights.

Onceinawhile
15-05-2008, 05:16 PM
im sure i read an interview in the EEN where he said he was a celtic fan.