PDA

View Full Version : JOE CALZAGHE v BERNARD HOPKINS

4 Front Teeth
19-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Anyone know what time the fight actually starts? I got up about 2 hours early for the last Hatton fight!

Baw187
19-04-2008, 05:17 PM
4am

Coverage starts at 2am.

I'll be recording it on the old Sky+ and watching it in the morning before the Hibs game tho... stayed up for the Hatton match but cannae be ersed doing that again.

Tha Cabbage Kid
19-04-2008, 10:49 PM
think its being show live on sopcast channel Sportin' Wood

just having a look and stumbled onto this

thekaratekid
20-04-2008, 01:28 AM
Audley Harrison is rubbish

Cool_Hand_Luke
20-04-2008, 01:52 AM
Calzaghe is up next...3am start :thumbsup:

matty_f
20-04-2008, 01:54 AM
Audley Harrison is rubbish

He's not that good.

Hope the Calzaghe fight is better. I think he'll lose. In saying that, I don't know much about the boy he's up against, but I watched Calzaghe's last fight and wasn't hugely impressed.

The fight before that, he was fantastic.

I don't know very much about boxing. Hope Calzaghe wins though.

Reg Reagan
20-04-2008, 02:09 AM
joes a cardiff fan:thumbsup:i hope he thumps:take that this loudmouth:blah:yank:take that

BigKev
20-04-2008, 02:22 AM
Not a good start - Joe down in the first:bitchy:

Calvin
20-04-2008, 03:13 AM
Calzaghe wins, Lucky boy, I thought it was very close.

Pretty Boy
20-04-2008, 03:17 AM
Very close but Calzaghe was trying to get on the offense and throw punches whilst Hopkins was keen to play on the counter and hold to conserve energy.

By no means the classic it could have been thats for sure.

The_Horde
20-04-2008, 03:36 AM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSS!!

Go on Joe!!

Calzaghe was the Hibs and Hopkins was playing Yam tactics!!

Defensive as phork..

One Joe Calzaghe!!

Baw Baggio
20-04-2008, 04:09 AM
Hopkins was a boring ****, deserved to lose.

Well done Calzaghe :thumbsup:

caithnesshibee
20-04-2008, 05:32 AM
What is the general consensus (sp) of the fight result? 5 of us watched it at a mates house and 3 though Joe Calzage deserved to win 2 thought it was a ridiculous decision. Have to say i was in favour of a 1 to 2 point victory for Mr Calzage. One of the judges gave it to Joe by 5 points which i find baffling. (considering he was 10 8 down after the first) Not being a boxing expert though am i right or wrong? ps not a great scrap IMHO also why so much negative boxing from Hopkins??? Seems to happen every Calzage fight though. :(

sambajustice
20-04-2008, 08:03 AM
anyone know of anywhere on the net where the fight might be? Either highlights or in full?

matty_f
20-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Hopkins was brutal - spoiling tactics all the way. Nae need for all the low-blow patter as well. I'm glad he never won.

I do think Hopkins had it in him to beat Calzaghe if he'd been more offensive, but he seemed more intent on not getting hit than actually trying to hit Calzaghe.

I can't believe that was the same ref who pulled Ricky Hatton up for everything, as he was letting everything go in this fight.

Fat Stu
20-04-2008, 09:54 AM
watched it through HBO and the un-official scorecards had Calzaghe ahead. the feed was pants early dorrs but IMO Calzaghe won the last 6 rounds easily.

hibiedude
23-04-2008, 01:49 PM
anyone know of anywhere on the net where the fight might be? Either highlights or in full?

calzaghe_vs_bernard_hopkins whole fight (http://ballhype.com/video/joe_calzaghe_vs_bernard_hopkins_judges_scorecards/)

right guys enjoy the bild up and whole fight as it happened :thumbsup:

Haymaker
23-04-2008, 03:22 PM
was an alright fight, these big ones always are a bit tame. Liked the look of the Nathan fella who Enzo trains with Joe.

Calzaghe won because he was awarded more points for actually coming forward and fighting rather than hopkins getting knackered and trying to be defensive.

Steve-O
24-04-2008, 12:24 AM
What is the general consensus (sp) of the fight result? 5 of us watched it at a mates house and 3 though Joe Calzage deserved to win 2 thought it was a ridiculous decision. Have to say i was in favour of a 1 to 2 point victory for Mr Calzage. One of the judges gave it to Joe by 5 points which i find baffling. (considering he was 10 8 down after the first) Not being a boxing expert though am i right or wrong? ps not a great scrap IMHO also why so much negative boxing from Hopkins??? Seems to happen every Calzage fight though. :(

Nobody I watched it with could even believe it was a split decision. I thought Calzaghe won by a country mile to be honest.